Conquer Club

Panel Interface question

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Panel Interface question

Postby phersjm on Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:07 pm

Is panel interface only a premium feature? I've been playing as a premium for many years. My son has started playing. I'm on Android, he's on Iphone. He's unable to see a lot of the info (spoils, troop counts, etc). I can toggle the panel interface to on, and mine then looks like his. Problem is, when we go into settings, I have the option to toggle the panel interface, while he does not. His settings list starts with Unity Interface, while the Panel Interface is listed above that on mine. Hoping I'm missing something obvious......
Lieutenant phersjm

Re: Panel Interface question

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:31 pm

phersjm wrote:Is panel interface only a premium feature? I've been playing as a premium for many years. My son has started playing. I'm on Android, he's on Iphone. He's unable to see a lot of the info (spoils, troop counts, etc). I can toggle the panel interface to on, and mine then looks like his. Problem is, when we go into settings, I have the option to toggle the panel interface, while he does not. His settings list starts with Unity Interface, while the Panel Interface is listed above that on mine. Hoping I'm missing something obvious......

Panel interface is standard now.

Older players who were here before Panels came along had a choice. This choice has been grandfathered in.

Newer players no longer get a choice. They all start with Panels as mandatory.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby MichelSableheart on Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:47 am

wow that's bad. I would consider the ability to see the overview and log simultaneously as essential.

Of course, the information is still available, in a combination of the overview and log tabs, but still...
MichelSableheart,
Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
And a member of the Republic
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:11 am

MichelSableheart wrote:wow that's bad. I would consider the ability to see the overview and log simultaneously as essential.

Of course, the information is still available, in a combination of the overview and log tabs, but still...

Of course you can see the overview and log simultaneously.

That was the whole point of the Panels upgrade -- to let all those different panels coexist.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby MichelSableheart on Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:47 am

Dukasaur wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:wow that's bad. I would consider the ability to see the overview and log simultaneously as essential.

That was the whole point of the Panels upgrade -- to let all those different panels coexist.
Then I'm misunderstanding something. Because whenever I turn the panel interface on, the log is on a different panel then the overview. Which means I can't see them simultaneously, but instead have to continuously switch between the two.
MichelSableheart,

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:52 am

MichelSableheart wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Then I'm misunderstanding something. Because whenever I turn the panel interface on, the log is on a different panel then the overview. Which means I can't see them simultaneously, but instead have to continuously switch between the two.

Yeah, they're different, but you can put them in separate places.

I put my overview panel on top, my Action panel below that, and my Stats panel below that.

I put my Chat panel under the map.

I only look at the log at the beginning of my turn, so I don't bother keeping it open, but if I wanted to I would move it down below Action instead of Stats.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby MichelSableheart on Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:30 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Yeah, they're different, but you can put them in separate places.

I put my overview panel on top, my Action panel below that, and my Stats panel below that.

I put my Chat panel under the map.

I only look at the log at the beginning of my turn, so I don't bother keeping it open, but if I wanted to I would move it down below Action instead of Stats.
Ah, that's what I was missing. I didn't know you could configure what shows where.
MichelSableheart,

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:33 pm

MichelSableheart wrote:Ah, that's what I was missing. I didn't know you could configure what shows where.

Yes, there's a little green button in the lower right corner of each panel. Click it once to move it below the console. Click it a second time to move it below the map. Click it a third time to reattach it to the console.

If one of the techies here knows how to post screenshots, they could probably explain it far better with screenshots.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby phersjm on Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:11 pm

So I'm struggling, on a desktop I can see where I can move the panels around, but can't seem to figure it out on the phone. Is it not mobile friendly?
Lieutenant phersjm

Postby Donelladan on Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:19 am

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=211809#p4951263

with screenshots on how to move panels for the panel interface.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:59 pm

Donelladan wrote:https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=211809#p4951263

Wow! Thank you!

I thought that post was long lost during the Great Forum Deletion!

Ecstatic to find out it isn't, and even more ecstatic to find someone who knew where it was!
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:48 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:Ah, that's what I was missing. I didn't know you could configure what shows where.

Yes, there's a little green button in the lower right corner of each panel. Click it once to move it below the console. Click it a second time to move it below the map. Click it a third time to reattach it to the console.

If one of the techies here knows how to post screenshots, they could probably explain it far better with screenshots.

1. Take Screenshot
2. go to postimages.org or other image hosting website and upload your screenshot.
3. paste URL of image, highlight it, click 'IMG' box and voila

Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby IcePack on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:11 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Donelladan wrote:https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=211809#p4951263

Wow! Thank you!

I thought that post was long lost during the Great Forum Deletion!

Ecstatic to find out it isn't, and even more ecstatic to find someone who knew where it was!

I’m pretty sure everything was recovered

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:18 am

@Duk, it wasn't hard to find, it's still in the How to section, in the top of the forum ;)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=211809
Brigadier Donelladan

Return to Conquer Club Discussion