Conquer Club

General Congratulations

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: General congratulations

Postby Timminz on Sat May 17, 2008 3:47 pm

And, of course, another weekly congrats to the Fruity-one. I believe, I have yet to chime in on this thread, but felt that the "Stan Lee"-ish flair to that post, deserved congratulations.
Captain Timminz

Postby oVo on Sat May 17, 2008 4:03 pm

since you went all Stan Lee -ish on us . . .

I'd like to thank Marty Turco for a fabulous game in goal today
against the Redwings and
congratulate the DALLAS STARS for a playing great this afternoon in Detroit.
Major oVo

Postby Audax on Sun May 18, 2008 11:11 am

Congrats oh Fruity one. I was right there in that 'street fight' as I read your words.

I will be logging in next week to see what other great stuff you have to impart to us all.

You should have a weekly news round up thread (oops, that isn't a congrats is it)
Remember to breathe in more times than you breathe out.
Captain Audax

Postby fwblb on Sun May 18, 2008 10:37 pm

congrats fruitcake - that was a great read! i look forward to these!
Major fwblb

Postby fwblb on Sun May 18, 2008 10:39 pm

and congrats to owen....you are out of the dog house, you can show your face. i miss your face in my skype window!!!!!!!!!! wes keeps pointing at an empty screen "ohm? ohm? toot-toot? ohm? momma ohm bye-bye! :( "
Major fwblb

Postby owenshooter on Tue May 20, 2008 4:41 pm

oVo wrote:congratulate the DALLAS STARS for a playing great this afternoon in Detroit.

congrats to OvO on his teams big loss, i no longer have to read sports spam in the congrats thread!!!-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jbrettlip on Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am

Congrats to me, on my first forum post warning and also for finally buying a webcam for my computer but not having enough memory to run it well. I thought only my actual short term memory was harmed by my drinking, but apparently my computer's is as well.

Congrats to me also for being too poor to have a new computer.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby yeti_c on Wed May 21, 2008 10:21 am

Congrats to Lack for uploaded the latest batch of foundry cookies.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby animorpherv1 on Wed May 21, 2008 4:08 pm

I would like to congratulate the mods, for keeping this site a good place.
Cook animorpherv1

Postby owenshooter on Wed May 21, 2008 4:10 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:I would like to congratulate the mods, for keeping this site a good place.

congrats to animorpherv1 for what must truly be the most sarcastic post of the year. keep it up!!! you have
some bandit it in you, boy!! i can sense it!-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dancing Mustard on Thu May 22, 2008 6:32 am

animorpherv1 wrote:I would like to congratulate the mods, for keeping this site a good place.

Ha ha ha! Good one.

Congratulations to Animorperv1 for bringing great one-liner comedy to this thread.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby suggs on Thu May 22, 2008 1:31 pm

Congrats to my stomach for now doing a very credible,and creditable, impersonation of a bowling ball.
I was asked 3 times today whether i was pregnant.
Sergeant 1st Class suggs

Postby Fruitcake on Thu May 22, 2008 2:19 pm

A mid week congrats to DiMs "who said captains are smart?" thread is a must....and deserves another little skit methinks.

The scene: The hoccifers mess:

DiM (The old Major supping his glass of port, with paunch bursting over his tight messkit trousers)
"I say chaps, I met a couple of complete buffoons of Captains today, must be ex bloody rankers....absolutely no blasted breeding in either of them! And to add insult to injury, those chappies completely ignored my instructions don't you know....bloody idiots should be shot!"

Yeti (He of the Tank regiment, still wearing his twills and smiling kindly…or is that with pity…) "You sure you aren't seeing double old chap? I mean 3 bottles of Port a day would do it for me"

DiM "Good God no old boy! They are just blasted buffoons, nothing more"

Codeblue (The suave Colonel from the Houshold Cavalry, tall and with a head full of grey hair much to the chagrin of the Major) "I think you are right old boy, they are definitely complete imbeciles, however...steady on...they are hoccifers dontcha know."

Oggis (The Ex Brig, caught shagging in the local cathouse by none other than the General) "Bloody fools they did it right, or not, yes indeed they did...how would I know??" (he stumbles off drunkenly, too many stiff scotches already having passed down his not insignificant neck)

MajorRT (The Captain with delusions of being a Major, whom the other hoccifers look down their noses at) "I agree with you DiM old boy, should bloody Court martial them and strip them of their rank, oh yes indeed"

DiM (For he has had yet another Port and is feeling belligerent) "But I only asked them for Gods sake!, I never actually ordered them! I mean, what is a fellow to do with these blasted Captains?" (At which point MajorRT sinks his sherry venemously)

Detlef (He of the old school and lately on and off MajorRTs wife) "Have another bottle of Port old chap, steady the old blood pressure"

MedeFe (he of the Old style of hoccifer, who tells anyone who will listen that HE is the real deal, especially after a few bottles of vintage Chateau Margaux) "Well of course, they are only bloody rankers all said and done chaps, so you can't really expect too much from these types can you"

Plutoman (Another ex ranker, but he keeps that quiet by slicing his apple rather than biting it) "Well they are just Pioneers aren't they, not skilled at all"

GDAngel (Yet another Captain, which has the old major DiM spluttering in his glass) "They just wanted to take an old warhorse like you on old chap, no trouble there"

DiM " Well they should bloody show respect!" (then under his breath..."what's with all these bloody Captains everywhere")

Owenshooter (The smart hoccifer technician, who makes sure all their equipment works and intelligence is passed to the right people...that is to say passed to the NCOs) "God man, you are crass and boring, stop bloody drinking and do some exercise for once”

MedeFe (who has been exercising himself mightily on GDAngels mistress of recent) "Oh shut up man, let the old duffer have his rant, what else has he got to do in his poor state"

Owenshooter (out of the majors earshot) "Exactly my point"

The Corporal serving drinks behind the bar sinks lower in his arms.....this is going to be a long night

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Vace Cooper on Thu May 22, 2008 3:44 pm

Congratulations War Ape... He just made Captain!
owen is a sexy mother f***er
Sergeant 1st Class Vace Cooper

Postby Audax on Fri May 23, 2008 1:21 am

Congrats there bro...yet another great tongue in cheek representation with some lovely messages to us all.

You are a genius man!! But then you always were good at 'sticking it to the self important' (as you put it)
Captain Audax

Postby Vace Cooper on Fri May 23, 2008 10:46 pm

Congratulations to deliaselene... Newest member of the Bullet-Proof Bandits!
owen is a sexy mother f***er
Sergeant 1st Class Vace Cooper

Postby Dancing Mustard on Sat May 24, 2008 3:37 am

Congratulations! Let's get sexy.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby Sentinel XIV on Sat May 24, 2008 6:00 am

Vace Cooper wrote:Congratulations to deliaselene... Newest member of the Bullet-Proof Bandits!

Two chicks now?!? BPB just keeps getting sexier, don't they? Congrats!
Eye. Mull. Of. Ma. Sheen.
Sergeant Sentinel XIV

Postby Fruitcake on Sat May 24, 2008 1:28 pm

Once again another 7 days passes (well done me for being obvious) and it’s time for another look through the wacky world of cc.

That favourite subject of all schoolchildren, Maths, came to the front line briefly this week with an amusing little exchange between Paradiso (him of the odd avatar) and that forum swordsman owen, with the1exile (congrats on that avatar exile….looks good enough to give those children nightmares!) chipping in for good measure. I do think the congrats and kudos has to go to owen, with some very good respostes there that an Épée master would be proud of.

The wolves circled the ‘Getting to know you better’ thread, I sense blood in the air…what’s the spread on this being moved soon as the derailing continues?

Another mug of Port poured and I continue…

The dice threads that multiplied quickly like flies around the carcass of a dead subject got tidied up by those people we all know and love, the mods, congrats there moddies (oh and of course my usual special congrats to that sweetie clapper….you’re still number one in this old man’s mind)….but what’s this??? Like a French workers Union, no sooner were all the independent dice threads merged than another appeared…..you gotta be quicker than that moddies!! (congrats withdrawn chaps!...except you clapper….of course)

A special congrats this week for what has to be among the best posts I have read (while sober) for a long time, has to go to Robinette…you had me hooked there Robbie my dear, I have been watching the sunspots ever since and sacked my ‘happy medium’. (talking of Robbie, you joined my sweetie avatar list this week, can’t imagine why you weren’t on the list before quite frankly)

That darned clever chap owen caught yours truly out with a smart little post asking if I had been in a thread at one point…like a lamb to the slaughter I responded, then someone dropped the veritable bus on my head explaining his ploy…geddit reader??? So another congrats to you owen….smartypants that you are.

That great thread about low ranked players resurrected itself this week, started by that suave sophisticat codeblue, our Brucy teamed up and supported him. Only for a little aside to be delivered from Hrvat, straight out of the book of slapstick!…loved that one Vatty. Yours truly has been on the receiving end of some ‘sharp’ comments from ol’ Codey in the past….when my Partner AXE and I beat him up in a dubs game…so well done me. (While on that subject, at time of writing I see our Lumpy who made a contribution to that thread has made Serge…keep it going Lumpy!!)

The long running range war between solo man and our fav anti hero JR still rages…wow this is great spectator sport dear reader. I fear you won’t see him off tho’ solo, this guy just does not give up….as if to prove a point the thread ‘soloman & risk master2000’ gets bumped by JR a few times…and then our friend Disco Dijon Moutard steps in and brings a chuckle to yours truly…as usual a congrats there DM.

As usual that old fav of this thread ‘Snobbery’ was around this week. But this time in its inverted form. The Army, that uppity Serge (as I was told last night in the Hoccifers Private Lounge) decided to take the battle to the seniors, calling them out. Great stuff there Armsandlegs, but you got to keep the attack up, no point sitting back now, that’s how games are lost, you take a small bonus and hole up, then the big boys come in and beat you up anyway!!

Lastly the quote congrats of the week just has to go to animorpherv1 for the post:

Ho Ho morphy, that really tickled me, let’s hope for more and keep up the good work!

News:
Unfortunately no news was brought to my desk from the punkawallah I sent down to FW for a report. He was last seen wandering among the trolls and the flamers, his eyes burning and his throat dry, whimpering inanely. If you see him, just shoot him, he is of no further use to yours truly and I wasn’t particularly happy with his work anyway!

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby owenshooter on Sat May 24, 2008 11:52 pm

Fruitcake wrote:Lastly the quote congrats of the week just has to go to animorpherv1 for the post:

Ho Ho morphy, that really tickled me, let’s hope for more and keep up the good work!

this may just end the contest for quote of the decade... i still rub my eyes every time i read that line. congrats to animorpherv1 for truly amusing me...-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Phantom7 on Sun May 25, 2008 2:44 pm

LOL....this just has to be the best thing to post on this thread...

Congrats to you oh Col. Cake CC&Bar

(Sorry just had to post that when I saw the crown by your name)
Sergeant Phantom7

Postby Fruitcake on Sun May 25, 2008 2:53 pm

Well I suppose this means I shouldn't be talking to people like myself, or even myself for that matter, any more.

Where will I get some decent arguments now!

Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Audax on Sun May 25, 2008 3:04 pm

rearrange the following:

petard your hoisted own by. ;)
Captain Audax

Postby owenshooter on Sun May 25, 2008 3:07 pm

Audax wrote:rearrange the following:

petard your hoisted own by. ;)

congratulaions to Mr. Audax, for venturing into this thread and not being clear on the concept!!!
now go fight more of those overrated "high ranks" you so detest!-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Fruitcake on Mon May 26, 2008 10:40 am

A quick Congrats to jsmith72.....So why a congrats?.... I hear you ask.

Because smithy has shown himself worthy with a thick skinned approach and some serious nerve to boot.

Back last March (I think I remember that far back through the Port induced haze) our smithy was accused with gloman55. Now far be it for yours truly to ressurect that old chestnut, but the fighting in the Cheating & Abuse Reports thread raged for 24 days. Ooga Booga conducted the main assault, while Clan members came out in defence, the battlements were stormed time after time. In the end, as with all things, it went with a whimper.

But now old smithy is back! Oh yes indeed dear reader. This time with a begging bowl, looking for cash no less, asking, if you please, for others to cough up the readies for his Premium account.

Now that takes nerve and audacity...or is it just pure blind ignorance? I leave that answer to your conscience.

Colonel Fruitcake

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion