Conquer Club

A Common-Sense PLEA against Clickmap use

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

A Common-Sense PLEA against Clickmap use

Postby Ramned on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:27 am

I am getting a bit tired of ending up beaten very easily on 1 v 1 freestyle because I am up against a clickmap user. Admins, I BEG you to consider why clickmaps are a cheating mechanism and need to be cleared from this game.

In every game, there's a way to cheat. In chess, consider the engines. People can buy these or even download them for free, and they make the most powerful move possible. A human mind stands no chance even thinking for hours against this machine, which thinks for a few seconds. In baseball, the use of steroids empowers players to get abnormally strong, knocking them homers. A normal man cannot accomplish this consistently at such a high rate as those on steroids. Now, in risk, the use of the clickmap download enables one person to make such abnormally fast moves , about 2-3 faster than one without the download. This is highly advantage in 1 v 1, as I am observing. Please hear me out, these are just like the engine downloads in chess: it tilts the favor to one Significantly.

Now some may say, hey, Ramned, why don't you download them if you're so annoyed. There's two reasons.
(1) I cannot. I am unable to download the content.
(2) Not everybody on this site knows about them and a minority use them. It is UNFAIR. I wouldn't prove anything except that I have enough speed to absolutely crush.

Why not ignore the users?
Some users are good players and play other sorts of games. Simply ignoring them wont get rid of the problem.

It is possible to beat 1 v 1 clickmap users, but it is very difficult, even if their strategy is sub-par. They simply have an extra mechanism that no normal player, as in chess, can accomplish.

So I beg you to consider removing clickmaps from this site. Honestly, this is a reallly clear issue.

Thanks
Colonel Ramned

Re: A Common-Sense PLEA against Clickmap use

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:33 am

Ramned wrote:I am getting a bit tired of ending up beaten very easily on 1 v 1 freestyle because I am up against a clickmap user. Admins, I BEG you to consider why clickmaps are a cheating mechanism and need to be cleared from this game.

In every game, there's a way to cheat. In chess, consider the engines. People can buy these or even download them for free, and they make the most powerful move possible. A human mind stands no chance even thinking for hours against this machine, which thinks for a few seconds. In baseball, the use of steroids empowers players to get abnormally strong, knocking them homers. A normal man cannot accomplish this consistently at such a high rate as those on steroids. Now, in risk, the use of the clickmap download enables one person to make such abnormally fast moves , about 2-3 faster than one without the download. This is highly advantage in 1 v 1, as I am observing. Please hear me out, these are just like the engine downloads in chess: it tilts the favor to one Significantly.

Now some may say, hey, Ramned, why don't you download them if you're so annoyed. There's two reasons.
(1) I cannot. I am unable to download the content.
(2) Not everybody on this site knows about them and a minority use them. It is UNFAIR. I wouldn't prove anything except that I have enough speed to absolutely crush.

Why not ignore the users?
Some users are good players and play other sorts of games. Simply ignoring them wont get rid of the problem.

It is possible to beat 1 v 1 clickmap users, but it is very difficult, even if their strategy is sub-par. They simply have an extra mechanism that no normal player, as in chess, can accomplish.

So I beg you to consider removing clickmaps from this site. Honestly, this is a reallly clear issue.

Thanks

well to start with about 2/3 of players in the majors are or have been on the juice...actually might be more
clickable maps is a script it cant be banned
have u thought about getting it yourself..it takes no time to download and is quite easy to learn.
more and more people are getting it and it makes sense if you wanna keep up with them u must do so to..
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Ramned on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:35 am

Read my post, I explain why I wont and the fact that I cannot even download it
Colonel Ramned

Postby InkL0sed on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:37 am

If you can't deal with the inherent unfairness of Freestyle, then don't play it.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby PepperJack on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:38 am

I just started using CM and while it does allow for quicker moves its not the end all be all. You need a good connection, not just any old cable, but the proverbial "phat pipe" to take full advantage of it. I have the craptastic throttlers known as Comcast and I'm only a bit quicker than before.
Game 3960030

Going on deployment, be back someday.

Sorry for deadbeating out of games.
Corporal 1st Class PepperJack

Postby Ramned on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:40 am

Point is, you're quicker. And I have yet to be faster than one who can use them
Colonel Ramned

Postby Scott-Land on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:44 am

Maybe we should eliminate Freestyle all together too. Isn't that the reason you play it- to get an edge on unsuspecting noobs? That could be considered and unfair advantage and cheating...
Major Scott-Land

Postby Ditocoaf on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:49 am

Freestyle sucks. Clickable Maps exploits this, but the suckiness originates in Freestyle itself.

>----------āœŖ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! āœŖ----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:50 am

Ditocoaf wrote:Freestyle sucks. Clickable Maps exploits this, but the suckiness originates in Freestyle itself.

Completely agree with this.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Ramned on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:53 am

Scott-Land wrote:Maybe we should eliminate Freestyle all together too. Isn't that the reason you play it- to get an edge on unsuspecting noobs? That could be considered and unfair advantage and cheating...

Oh c'mon, SL. in freestyle, I am good because I have PRACTICED. Even if I did try to play the inexperienced, I would not be cheating but it would be boring. We both have the same game board in front of us. You don't seem to understand. Clickmaps are cheating because they DO get an edge over Unsuspecting ANYBODY. Read my post, Understand it. Please, it is common-sense mate, I know you can operate without them you are a strategically sound player.
Last edited by Ramned on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Ramned

Postby BENJIKAT IS DEAD on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:54 am

yeti_c wrote:
Ditocoaf wrote:Freestyle sucks. Clickable Maps exploits this, but the suckiness originates in Freestyle itself.

C.

me too.

I mainly use CM in order to quickly take sequential turns on big maps with complex territory names - I would hate to have that discontinued just because of freestyle.
Colonel BENJIKAT IS DEAD

Postby InsomniaRed on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:55 am

2008-07-30 01:59:13 - Ramned: i dont mind playing clickmaps once in a while for practice though
2008-07-30 01:59:34 - Ramned: if i would get them i would win all games

2008-07-30 02:09:20 - Ramned: if i used them i would be top 3 very easily

If you're not going to use clicky maps, don't complain about them. If someone complained to you about having a slower connection, you'd roll your eyes and deem yourself superior, I'm sure.

So along with this, we need to 'ban' BOB as well right? That is cheating, plain as day. And freestyle, as Scott said, that option needs to be abolished, since it is plainly cheating. Though I'm sure you wouldn't agree to that seeing as how that's how your farm your points, after all.

I don't use CM and I'd be an idiot to complain about them. I still play freesyle speed games, no matter if there are 0-7 players using CM in that game. If you can't stand the speed, get out of the way. Let the community play the game whichever way we choose.
Major InsomniaRed

Postby PepperJack on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:59 am

Isn't the point of Freestyle to create a RTS game? In a RTS don't you want to be as fast as possible? Maybe the real cheaters are the ones not using CM, they're cheating themselves.
Game 3960030

Going on deployment, be back someday.

Sorry for deadbeating out of games.
Corporal 1st Class PepperJack

Postby Scott-Land on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 am

yeti_c wrote:

C.

The problem isn't freestyle- the problem are 1 vs 1 games. Point dumping to creating new accounts to jacking your rank up by beating up guys that have no idea how to play- they join because they can take their turns more frequently. You remove this game type and the bottom will drop out from many of the so called ' top players'. It's simply noob farming. If you want to blame as most of the players do on this site- blame that game type.
Major Scott-Land

Postby Fruitcake on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:07 am

Scott-Land wrote:Maybe we should eliminate Freestyle all together too. Isn't that the reason you play it- to get an edge on unsuspecting noobs? That could be considered and unfair advantage and cheating...

Would this not have quite an effect on many who 'lead' the points board?

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Ramned on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:09 am

I am no longer going to argue for my post, I will let the community make with it. Maybe I am a minority who disagrees with them, and if that's the case so be it.
Colonel Ramned

Postby FabledIntegral on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:09 am

Oggiss and codeblue should give you some support.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby InsomniaRed on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:11 am

FabledIntegral wrote:Oggiss and codeblue should give you some support.

And that's about it. There are numerous other threads about this same topic(where the above have posted their similar opinions), you should've just read those and added your opinion there.
Major InsomniaRed

Postby Ramned on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:10 am

No, there are more. It's a silent majority. Note that when one is put on trial, he tends to argue loudly than those offended or unoffended by his actions.

ltiyank is at least one vocal opponent ive had on it.

Nobody has DEFENDED the clickmaps. They have only attacked me or attacked 1 v 1 freestyle in general, a subtopic.
Colonel Ramned

Postby Scott-Land on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:12 am

FabledIntegral wrote:Oggiss and codeblue should give you some support.

Oggiss is a clicky now :lol:
Major Scott-Land

Postby Scott-Land on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:25 am

Fruitcake wrote:

Would this not have quite an effect on many who 'lead' the points board?

It wouldn't bother me a bit- not a game type I can't play. I enjoy speed freestyle more than I do speed sequential- it's not as easy as some of us makes it look.
Major Scott-Land

Postby The1exile on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:26 am

Ramned wrote:Nobody has DEFENDED the clickmaps. They have only attacked me or attacked 1 v 1 freestyle in general, a subtopic.

That's because it appears your problem is not neccessarily with clickmaps in general, you wouldn't mind (or so it appears) if it were left for other games - maybe even other freestyle games. The only unfair advantage you are saying it creates is for 1vs1 freestyle, so it appears that this plea - to ban the script - is rather like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Dangerous-Die on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:27 am

For the record - as stated - - on previous posts. - my view is that clickable 'software' is a flat out cheat, and just because - - 'i could use it as well' doesnt legitimise it!!
Sergeant 1st Class Dangerous-Die

Postby ltiyank on Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:28 am

I avoid click users because i think it is unfair advantage if CC was intended to be used this way would it not be set up that way for everybody who signs up. Eliminate the click map problem by making everyone use it.

Its an add on so therfore it is an advantage make everyone use it.

I know its free and everybody could get it if they want some dont want to and others simply can not. If CC was set up this way from the start no problem but the fact is it is not set up that way so it should be played as it was set up.

I dont use it myself i am quite quick on some maps but not on others but thats the choice i made.

As far as banning freestyle well that is a bit harsh. Some maps there is a clear advantage to the person who goes first in sequential. I like freestyle and enjoy the even start, obviously depending on the drop. After the first round well then its a free for all some people can not wait others love to.

If you dont like freestyle you can just play sequential. If i dont like click maps how can i avoid playing them? No way to no until you are crippled in 10 seconds.

My tips to avoid: play smaller maps, adjacent fortifications or chained, and if necessary play sequential.

I would suggest somehow tagging click users.
Major ltiyank

Postby codeblue1018 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:32 am

Ramned wrote:I am no longer going to argue for my post, I will let the community make with it. Maybe I am a minority who disagrees with them, and if that's the case so be it.

Clicky maps are definitely a legal form of cheating. I would rather lose points then use the script to win. There are several "high ranked" players on this site who use it now in order to be "competitive" hence the reason for such high scores. People can argue that this isn't the case but we all know it is.

Have the top 10 players that use clicky maps delete the script and you will see a drastic drop in points, guaranteed. Not taking anything away from their skill, they just cannot compete with others that do use it.

Take Scott-land for example, great player, knows the game, however, he wouldn't have the points he's earned without clicky as well as others in the top 10. I played in a game with Scott-land yesterday, he dropped his men as did I, I thought I had plenty of time; as he attacked his first country, i attempted to attack. He was 4 territories away from my stack, as I hit attack, my men were gone.

Get rid of this ridiculous script! Another fine addition to this site from Lack; well done! =D>
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion