Conquer Club

Etiquette Questions

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Etiquette Questions

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:46 pm

Hey all, still a little new and I have some etiquette questions:

First of all, what is the etiquette on chatting during games? Most don't even offer a gl or good luck. Is this pretty standard? Should I avoid chatting for the most part.

Secondly, is it poor sportsmanship or etiquette to ask other players for help during the game? I know there is to be no secret diplomacy, but what if you can see someone setting up to get a big bonus but can't break it up yourself. Would it be acceptable to chat and say "Hey, Red is going to get Asia next turn, can someone attack Kamachta?" Or would this be unsportsmanlike?
In the same vein, would the answer change during a fog-of-war game, where other players might not be able to see it?

And with Fog-Of-War, is it ever appropriate to discuss opponents units that might be hidden?

Anything else that you would like to share so I don't go annoying other players would be greatly appreciated.
Private SuicidalSnowman

Re: Etiquette Questions

Postby God Emperor Q on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:59 pm

#1: U should always say good luck, it makes you much better liked

#2 No, as long as it is not secret, u should be good

#3 You generally have to know who your playing with... it varies between people, I'd stay away from it, but that's just me

Good Luck making your way in the conquerclub world
Lieutenant God Emperor Q

Postby lancehoch on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:27 pm

As Emperor Q stated, fog-of-war is a touchy issue. Some people will foe list you and give you bad ratings if you reveal their position or anyone's position for that matter. However, this is not against the rules and neither is giving poor ratings for such actions. As for the other questions, yes some people are quiet, but saying good luck at the beginning and good game at the end will never hurt you. Asking for someone to make an attack is ok, but again, people can give you poor ratings for it if they feel so inclined.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby blakebowling on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:31 pm

lancehoch wrote:As Emperor Q stated, fog-of-war is a touchy issue. Some people will foe list you and give you bad ratings if you reveal their position or anyone's position for that matter. However, this is not against the rules and neither is giving poor ratings for such actions. As for the other questions, yes some people are quiet, but saying good luck at the beginning and good game at the end will never hurt you. Asking for someone to make an attack is ok, but again, people can give you poor ratings for it if they feel so inclined.

I understand giving poor ratings for revealing positions in fog, but I dont think I've ever gotten/given a poor rating for someone asking someone else to attack a territory to break a bonus.
Private blakebowling

Postby lancehoch on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:34 pm

I was just saying they could, not that people have in the past.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:59 am

Cool, thank you all very much!
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby ColonelPanic on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:47 pm

Taken from the main page...

"Use diplomacy to coordinate a group assault on the game leader."

No one can argue that it's not acceptable to ask for help, give help, cut deals, etc... as long as it's in the chat log for all to see.

CP
Corporal ColonelPanic

Postby HardAttack on Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:40 pm

Many here tries to live and smell as if it was a real army thing, then do you remember a war in which commanders offer other sides good luck ?
Another point, many may like to stay quite..So do you blame on those who wants to stay quiet ? Is staying quiet something bad or ashaming ? There are bad natures, and good natures...But always there is something between them, and quiet ppls are those who want just to concantrate on why they are there for.

SuicidalSnowman wrote:Hey all, still a little new and I have some etiquette questions:

First of all, what is the etiquette on chatting during games? Most don't even offer a gl or good luck. Is this pretty standard? Should I avoid chatting for the most part.

Secondly, is it poor sportsmanship or etiquette to ask other players for help during the game? I know there is to be no secret diplomacy, but what if you can see someone setting up to get a big bonus but can't break it up yourself. Would it be acceptable to chat and say "Hey, Red is going to get Asia next turn, can someone attack Kamachta?" Or would this be unsportsmanlike?
In the same vein, would the answer change during a fog-of-war game, where other players might not be able to see it?

And with Fog-Of-War, is it ever appropriate to discuss opponents units that might be hidden?

Anything else that you would like to share so I don't go annoying other players would be greatly appreciated.
Colonel HardAttack

Return to Conquer Club Discussion