Conquer Club

Waterloo map

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Waterloo map

Postby ben79 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:02 pm

can someone give a complete info on how to win a game on that map ?

thanks in advance
ben
Lieutenant ben79

Re: Waterloo map

Postby Timminz on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:07 pm

Bonus points to whoever can explain it in 100 words, or less.
Captain Timminz

Postby ben79 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:11 pm

Timminz wrote:Bonus points to whoever can explain it in 100 words, or less.

i played against a good played and the game was ended really fast, so with you're remark, i'll have to say it looks complicated !!
Lieutenant ben79

Postby oVo on Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:27 pm

How to win in 100 words or less? Very simple. Just eliminate ALL opponents' armies from the map and you are the winner.

Waterloo is one of my favorite maps because it has some interesting perks, like artillary, calvary, a major obstacle dividing the map and an assortment of bonus options. You have to pay attention to what gives bonuses and what territories are most vulnerable here... notice that all territories have red/blue signifiers that designate where bombardments can strike. There are only a handful of territories plus Blucher that artillary can't touch.

Your Game was a 1v1 with your opponent (red) going first, which adds to your dilema and on top of that they start with extra armies for holding Chasse. Red deploys 13 in Round 1, knocks you off a few territories and captures some flags to add +3 to their bonus. You (green) start already behind and receive 9 armies which you proceed to sprinkle all over the map ignoring Red's bonus, which for Round 2 is 16 to your shrinking 7. One way you could have struck back? Deploy armies on West side blue artillary to break Chasse and wreak as much damage to Red territories and bonus as possible. The nice thing about artillary when you're outnumbered is the simple fact that you do not have to occupy territories you defeat (they become neutrals) which leaves you more armies to press the attack by bombarding elsewhere. The downside of artillary is all armies deployed there cannot be forted to help elsewhere. Green is now full of holes and sinking as Round 3 presented Red another 16 deployment while yours had shrivelled to 4. Ignoring where opponents' bonus armies come from is rarely a good survival strategy. Round 4 and you're toast as Red gets a 20 bonus... and reduces green to a 3 bonus with 3 territories.

Round 5 and you're eliminated, but this one was really over at the end of the first round.
Major oVo

Postby ben79 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:15 pm

thank you very much oVo, now i'll go practice myself, and btw nice little answer to Timminz =D>

ben
Lieutenant ben79

Postby Timminz on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:18 pm

ben79 wrote:btw nice little answer to Timminz =D>

Agreed. Bonus points for oVo.
Captain Timminz

Return to Conquer Club Discussion