Conquer Club

strike wolf's next mafia?

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

which do you prefer

Poll ended at Mon May 30, 2011 9:18 am

Actor mafia
73%
Rock n roll mafia
27%

Total votes : 15

Re: strike wolf's next mafia?

Postby nagerous on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:57 am

strike wolf wrote:
nagerous wrote:What about Dexter II?

Dexter Season 2 is a bit further off at this point. I'm really taking my time with it to get character flavor right (yeah I know it would be really easy to make 5 cops with various sanities and balance the evil guys accordingly but where's the fun in that? Besides if I included my version of a drunk cop I'm pretty sure everyone would call me a bastard mod) but at the same time make it so it isn't overly flavor dependent. So unless I get some inspiration to do it before Actors Mafia, I would say expect it some time after Actors Mafia but before the end of the year. It will give people some time to watch the show anyways. :lol:

Cool, it is a pity I wasn't more familiar with the series when the first game happened, maybe I would've picked up on the serial killer slashing style and revised my claim. Halfway through season 5 now and loving it :D

Very intrigued about your idea of drunk cop, I have been contemplating doing a mafia based on The Wire and a 'drunk cop' character would be very fitting for that show, if you think they get drunk in Dexter all too often you should watch The Wire :lol:
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:11 am

nagerous wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

Dexter Season 2 is a bit further off at this point. I'm really taking my time with it to get character flavor right (yeah I know it would be really easy to make 5 cops with various sanities and balance the evil guys accordingly but where's the fun in that? Besides if I included my version of a drunk cop I'm pretty sure everyone would call me a bastard mod) but at the same time make it so it isn't overly flavor dependent. So unless I get some inspiration to do it before Actors Mafia, I would say expect it some time after Actors Mafia but before the end of the year. It will give people some time to watch the show anyways. :lol:

Cool, it is a pity I wasn't more familiar with the series when the first game happened, maybe I would've picked up on the serial killer slashing style and revised my claim. Halfway through season 5 now and loving it :D

Very intrigued about your idea of drunk cop, I have been contemplating doing a mafia based on The Wire and a 'drunk cop' character would be very fitting for that show, if you think they get drunk in Dexter all too often you should watch The Wire :lol:

My original interpretation was a cop with completely random results...think of the chaos. Not all of them. Just one in particular. I think you know which one based on seeing the series. Not likely to include drunk cop in this game so I don't count this as a spoiler.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:18 am

I was thinking about it, but I couldn't really think who it is. If you're referring to season II, Angel and Vince like to go out and drink a lot but they've never really seemed to be drunk on the job like McNulty in the wire. Doakes goes a bit psycho renegade as well in season II but I can't really remember him drinking excessively. Do you mean Ramon maybe in season III? He would probably be the best example of a real drunk cop.
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:29 am

nagerous wrote:I was thinking about it, but I couldn't really think who it is. If you're referring to season II, Angel and Vince like to go out and drink a lot but they've never really seemed to be drunk on the job like McNulty in the wire. Doakes goes a bit psycho renegade as well in season II but I can't really remember him drinking excessively. Do you mean Ramon maybe in season III? He would probably be the best example of a real drunk cop.

Well it's heavily implied throughout the series that Angel has a bit of an alcohol problem. It doesn't fit flavor perfectly which is another reason I don't want to go that route and have now definitively made it unrealistic to go that route now anyways by saying this.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:52 am

What, so I can win it again? =P

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:55 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

What, so I can win it again? =P

-Tails

You Killed Dexter! :( :cry:

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Fircoal on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:I prefer the latter because I know musicians more than actors. However since it's only hall of fame, it doesn't really mesh well with my hipster tendencies. *puts on Panama*

I'm trying to imagine Fircoal as a hipster, but him wearing a pokemon hat keep popping into my head instead.

I'm not a full hipster. Just a Internet Pokemon nerd with hipsterish tendencies!
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby strike wolf on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:49 am

I've almost finalized the roles for this. I'm just doing one last balance check and then will probably wait a week or so before opening sign ups.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:22 am

Getting closer to finishing Dexter Season 2. Still looking for an experienced co-mod preferably with knowledge of the series.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:06 pm

strike wolf wrote:Getting closer to finishing Dexter Season 2. Still looking for an experienced co-mod preferably with knowledge of the series.

I'd be happy to help.
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:31 pm

nagerous wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Getting closer to finishing Dexter Season 2. Still looking for an experienced co-mod preferably with knowledge of the series.

I'd be happy to help.

Cool. I sent you a rough draft of the roles I have right now.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:36 pm

been reworking the balance on Dexter Mafia Season 2 and I think I'm finally about ready to get it started. Mostly waiting (or hoping) for other games to clear out first.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Ya, there always seems to be an abundance of games...however, being a more veteran player, I'm sure your game would fill up quite quickly. Now if someone like me were to try to fill a game... :?
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby vodean on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:05 pm

i think that this is actually the lowest number of active game threads since my return to the site...
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Next

Return to Mafia Discussions