Conquer Club

Cap on Mafia Games

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby spinwizard on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:08 pm

Ok, this is what i had

Forum Games Guidelines

Ok, these are the guidelines drew up for the Forum Games forum. First thing is that we would appreciate it if you use this forum sensibly.

MAFIA GAMES-
The game of mafia is by far the most popular forum game on this site and we have an ever growing pool of players.

Game types- I am hoping to organise games into the following categories.

Mini- Mini games are for 13 players and lower, these will be the stock games of the forum and there is not limit to the number of these games run at the same time.
Mod- To mod a Mini game you have to have completed playing a minimum of 3 games on this site.

Newbie- Newbie games are run for 7 players with the C9 setup. There will always be a newbie running; newbieā€™s are run by a rotating list of mods.
Mod- To mod a Newbie game you have to have modded 1 successful game (Not including RTā€™s) and are on the list of rotating mods.

Normal- Normal games have 14-26 players and have a limit of 4 Normal games playing at the same time. Mod- To mod a Normal game you have to have modded 2 successful games (Not including RTā€™s).

Epic- Epic games have above 26 players and may have experimental setups; there is a limit of 1 Epic at any one time.
To mod an Epic game you have to have modded 3 successful games (Not including RTā€™s).
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:09 pm

firth4eva wrote:
wicked wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:Currently, there are EIGHTEEN fucking mafia games going...

That is ridiculous...

Well those 18 games filled, so obviously there's a demand. Each person needs to set their own personal limit as to how many they want to join.

yes but players are deadbeating in them

Wicked... You have no idea... Please quit acting high and mighty when you've no clue... Read the threads and see what people are saying.

otherwise, don't act as if you know what the hell you are talking about.

You are purposefully trying to be antagonistic, and you have yet to make a single valid point, as you do not understand the circumstances.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby wicked on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:09 pm

Well you're already pissy Ank. :lol:

I doubt newbie mods starting games will piss off the "good players", since chances area the "good players" won't even notice and certainly won't join.

It seems to me you're trying to bully mafia mods into not starting a game unless they coordinate with the clan, is that incorrect?
Major wicked

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:09 pm

I don't know how much I agree with all of this...

But it is definately something that we can all discuss once we have a proper forum.

spinwizard wrote:Ok, this is what i had

Forum Games Guidelines

Ok, these are the guidelines drew up for the Forum Games forum. First thing is that we would appreciate it if you use this forum sensibly.

MAFIA GAMES-
The game of mafia is by far the most popular forum game on this site and we have an ever growing pool of players.

Mini- Mini games are for 13 players and lower, these will be the stock games of the forum and there is not limit to the number of these games run at the same time.
Mod- To mod a Mini game you have to have completed playing a minimum of 3 games on this site.

Newbie- Newbie games are run for 7 players with the C9 setup. There will always be a newbie running; newbieā€™s are run by a rotating list of mods.
Mod- To mod a Newbie game you have to have modded 1 successful game (Not including RTā€™s) and are on the list of rotating mods.

Normal- Normal games have 14-26 players and have a limit of 4 Normal games playing at the same time. Mod- To mod a Normal game you have to have modded 2 successful games (Not including RTā€™s).

Epic- Epic games have above 26 players and may have experimental setups; there is a limit of 1 Epic at any one time.
To mod an Epic game you have to have modded 3 successful games (Not including RTā€™s).
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby spinwizard on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:10 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:I don't know how much I agree with all of this...

But it is definately something that we can all discuss once we have a proper forum.

Forum Games Guidelines

MAFIA GAMES-

Yes it was something i was working on a while ago

Postby wicked on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:10 pm

Well explain it to me then Ank in a normal discussion instead of a rude pissy constantly attacking tone.
Major wicked

Postby firth4eva on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:11 pm

Forum Games Guidelines

MAFIA GAMES-

what about newbie mods?
where do they start?
Captain firth4eva

Postby XGSuperstar on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:13 pm

I have noticed the surge of mafia games, and I find myself deadbeating in them myself. I am still at least partially active in SNV1, so I wish to ask Skittles to replace me in Dawn of War, but anyways...

I am partially to blame, as I started a game without waiting, but I will defend myself by stating that that I played more than just 2 games [more like 6-8 probably] and I started my game at the start of the craziness. :P

But enforcing it through rules does not seem right Probably if its somehow a well-know mentality, but how would that be done.
New Recruit XGSuperstar

Postby spinwizard on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:13 pm

firth4eva wrote:

Forum Games Guidelines

MAFIA GAMES-

what about newbie mods?
where do they start?

read the bold bit

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:14 pm

wicked wrote:Well you're already pissy Ank. :lol:

I doubt newbie mods starting games will piss off the "good players", since chances area the "good players" won't even notice and certainly won't join.

It seems to me you're trying to bully mafia mods into not starting a game unless they coordinate with the clan, is that incorrect?

Entirely incorrect...

What I want is to maintain some sort of good form that will be easy to entice new players to join...

When a new player joines, and the mod of that game has played one game in their life- NES- then it gives a bad vibe to that new player, as they believe that all games must suck that bad.

I am simply trying to maintain the highest standards that can be, so that people will ALWAYS have fun, fewer players will deadbeat, and new players will see what a great game it is.

There is obviously not going to be any hard-fast law, as that is neither fair nor plausible, but their can certainly be guidelines that would help EVERYONE have a better time.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:15 pm

wicked wrote:Well explain it to me then Ank in a normal discussion instead of a rude pissy constantly attacking tone.

You mean as opposed to your condescending tone??? Please :roll:
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:16 pm

XGSuperstar wrote:I have noticed the surge of mafia games, and I find myself deadbeating in them myself. I am still at least partially active in SNV1, so I wish to ask Skittles to replace me in Dawn of War, but anyways...

I am partially to blame, as I started a game without waiting, but I will defend myself by stating that that I played more than just 2 games [more like 6-8 probably] and I started my game at the start of the craziness. :P

But enforcing it through rules does not seem right Probably if its somehow a well-know mentality, but how would that be done.

That's the point, XG... There can't be any RULES... Only guidelines that we try to follow to give the most people the most enjoyment.

I know that when five out of 15 people in a game are deadbeating, it is really hard for those other people to have fun.

I just want to try and come up with a set of guidelines, not rules, that can be easily followed and modified as need be, so that this sort of 18 games at once crap does not happen again.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby spinwizard on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:17 pm

I am agreeing with this

Postby wicked on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:20 pm

I'm not here to argue with or be attacked by you Ank. As I said in my first post, I'm all for increasing the quality of mafia games here. If you want to start "clan-endorsed" mafia games, that's fine, just don't call them "official" as that might be confusing to a new player here, that's all I ask. Everyone will still have the freedom to create games, whether "clan-endorsed" or not, as long as that's clear. Thanks and good luck. :wink:
Major wicked

Postby spinwizard on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm

wicked wrote:I'm not here to argue with you Ank. As I said in my first post, I'm all for increasing the quality of mafia games here. If you want to start "clan-endorsed" mafia games, that's fine, just don't call them "official" as that might be confusing to a new player here, that's all I ask. Everyone will still have the freedom to create games, whether "clan-approved" or not, as long as that's clear. Thanks and good luck. :wink:

when did he say that?

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:24 pm

wicked wrote:I'm not here to argue with or be attacked by you Ank. As I said in my first post, I'm all for increasing the quality of mafia games here. If you want to start "clan-endorsed" mafia games, that's fine, just don't call them "official" as that might be confusing to a new player here, that's all I ask. Everyone will still have the freedom to create games, whether "clan-endorsed" or not, as long as that's clear. Thanks and good luck. :wink:

Why do you consistently think I am trying to make some LAW...?

It really blows my mind, as I thought you knew me better than that.

My first post was because I was pissed at all the games I am in right now dying, and I am sick of trying to keep them going. Look at Jedi Mafia, for gods sake... What is it, three posts per day???

Nothing that I say is LAW or cold, hard truth... Just ideas for people to start thinking about, so once we get the forum- if we get it- we can have some things to think about.

But, seriously, you altered what I said to make it seem like I was being a cock when I wasn't... I didn't appreciate that. I don't want to argue, either, but it pisses me off when people purposefully change the meaning of my words.. I am a journalist, after all.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby unriggable on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:34 pm

I agree about using the word official. Should be toned down a bit.
Cook unriggable

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:36 pm

unriggable wrote:I agree about using the word official. Should be toned down a bit.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... Read the thread... It was just stuff to get people thinking for when we get the forum. It doesn't have to be 'called' anything.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:38 pm

I know personally I'm burned out and am hoping to either be NK or lynched in a couple of the games as I'm wornout in them. What's sad is that my last scum type role is already dead courtesy of a talking corpse so all my deaths will do will result in hurting the town, but at this point I don't care.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:39 pm

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:I know personally I'm burned out and am hoping to either be NK or lynched in a couple of the games as I'm wornout in them. What's sad is that my last scum type role is already dead courtesy of a talking corpse so all my deaths will do will result in hurting the town, but at this point I don't care.

Hahaha... That DID suck, LSU...

However, I honestly have to ask... GT gave you a free kill... Why did you not take me out?
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby F1fth on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:40 pm

I like this idea. Maybe the exact guidelines could be discussed and amended, but this kind of thing could definitely go a long way to improving quality of games here.

And I really don't think that asking mods to have some experince under their belt is elitest. It's common sense.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:41 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
LSU Tiger Josh wrote:I know personally I'm burned out and am hoping to either be NK or lynched in a couple of the games as I'm wornout in them. What's sad is that my last scum type role is already dead courtesy of a talking corpse so all my deaths will do will result in hurting the town, but at this point I don't care.

However, I honestly have to ask... GT gave you a free kill... Why did you not take me out?

Wouldn't have been fair to the rest of the players in the game. Killing you off would've overpowered the scum while just killing joe blow townie wouldn't have really helped that much so I tried to find a happy median resolution. Even though I had a good defense planned out, there is no guarantee that it would've worked.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:44 pm

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

Wouldn't have been fair to the rest of the players in the game. Killing you off would've overpowered the scum while just killing joe blow townie wouldn't have really helped that much so I tried to find a happy median resolution. Even though I had a good defense planned out, there is no guarantee that it would've worked.

Dude, I was completely prepared to receive a PM from GT, and I thought it fair...

You're a good man, bro.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby jnd94 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:45 pm

good idea. :wink:
Captain jnd94

Postby firth4eva on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:45 pm

We love you Josh (you are also in theives mafia)
Captain firth4eva

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Discussions