Conquer Club

Play the Mod Mafia, EndGame! Don't Play The Mod

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Play the Mod Mafia, Night Four, Burn the mod

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:09 pm

everywhere116 wrote:Yay!

Congrats Everywhere. Can't wait for the actions.

I begged / to let the game go to day with just us two, hoping you'd vote me, and we both die. 8-) He was having none of it.

Can't believe I seemed that scummy, Soundman! My bad.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Re: Play the Mod Mafia, EndGame! Don't Play The Mod

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Man, I really was paying attention to the PR's, but I got outed and then quite sensibly killed.

Oh well, it was a fun game! Well played everywhere.
Captain safariguy5

Postby pmchugh on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:52 am

Well played everywhere. Though why you didn't kill everyone on day 1 is still a mystery to me.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby vodean on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:40 am

yeah, neb. i was SURE it was you for a while.

=D> =D> everyWHEREEEE@!!! nicely pulled off. i only for like one minute once suspected you... maybe because of that i should have, but you stayed at the bottom of my mod-list. nice.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Rodion on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 am

pmchugh wrote:Well played everywhere. Though why you didn't kill everyone on day 1 is still a mystery to me.

I'm guessing the more power roles affected by "insanity" N1, the more days he could force mislynches.

Was that why you did not mass-modkill D1?
General Rodion

Postby vodean on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Rodion wrote:
pmchugh wrote:Well played everywhere. Though why you didn't kill everyone on day 1 is still a mystery to me.

I'm guessing the more power roles affected by "insanity" N1, the more days he could force mislynches.

i think if a bunch of the power-roles were dead it would be just as good. since it was an NV game.
Sergeant vodean

Postby everywhere116 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Rodion wrote:

Actually I had not considered that. At the time I was planning on opening with the PM dropping. It wasn't until I considered that the doctor could kill either you or saf for me that I chose to go with insanity. (You two were my biggest threats, not considering what role everyone had.) My main reasons were to make it look like the mod had broken the rules and didn't want to kill everyone who broke them besides himself, and because I was planning on waiting and unleashing them all towards the end so that, from an activity perspective, everyone could have been responsible. (I was paranoid about activity and being seen on the forums at critical moments.) You, however, foiled that by encouraging everyone to speedlynch rule-breakers.

Holding back kills so that I can force a mislynch was more of a late game thing. vodean is a great example.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby vodean on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:24 pm

everywhere116 wrote:
Rodion wrote:

Actually I had not considered that. At the time I was planning on opening with the PM dropping. It wasn't until I considered that the doctor could kill either you or saf for me that I chose to go with insanity. (You two were my biggest threats, not considering what role everyone had.) My main reasons were to make it look like the mod had broken the rules and didn't want to kill everyone who broke them besides himself, and because I was planning on waiting and unleashing them all towards the end so that, from an activity perspective, everyone could have been responsible. (I was paranoid about activity and being seen on the forums at critical moments.) You, however, foiled that by encouraging everyone to speedlynch rule-breakers.

Holding back kills so that I can force a mislynch was more of a late game thing. vodean is a great example.

they just never listen, do they? :cry:
Sergeant vodean

Postby pmchugh on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:48 am

vodean wrote:
everywhere116 wrote:
Rodion wrote:

For the record I was pretty certain that you weren't scum, but you kept wanting to narrow the targets down to a group which did not include everywhere :P
Major pmchugh

Postby vodean on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:55 am

pmchugh wrote:
vodean wrote:
everywhere116 wrote:
Rodion wrote:

For the record I was pretty certain that you weren't scum, but you kept wanting to narrow the targets down to a group which did not include everywhere :P

its not like i could have been trying to save my scumbuddy, with this set-up
Sergeant vodean

Postby pmchugh on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:00 am

Oh I never voted for you, or thought you were scum. I just mean that you took the heat off of everywhere by placing it on me, same thing for speisr which is why he was near the top of my list.
Major pmchugh

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Damn insanity really screwed me over. I could see how Rodion was a threat early game, but I'm not sure why you perceived me as a threat until I was killed for the rules thing and then revived everywhere?
Captain safariguy5

Postby jgordon1111 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:58 pm

LOL everywhere well played. never crossed my mind to look at you for this. I will remember it in the future though.
Private jgordon1111

Postby everywhere116 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:35 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Damn insanity really screwed me over. I could see how Rodion was a threat early game, but I'm not sure why you perceived me as a threat until I was killed for the rules thing and then revived everywhere?
A lot of it is very subjective, and a lot of it had to do with how I know players would act. You would have been (and were, until you died) a straightman, the person who force the town to come to their senses and make smart, sensible decisions. For example, you were the biggest advocate for the mass claim, which initially I would have been fine for me since I had picked out roleblocker as my claim since before the game began, but if I claimed too early my chances of being caught up in an inconsistency went up exponentially. And if you were alive, you would have been the one to pick up on them.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:44 pm

everywhere116 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Damn insanity really screwed me over. I could see how Rodion was a threat early game, but I'm not sure why you perceived me as a threat until I was killed for the rules thing and then revived everywhere?
A lot of it is very subjective, and a lot of it had to do with how I know players would act. You would have been (and were, until you died) a straightman, the person who force the town to come to their senses and make smart, sensible decisions. For example, you were the biggest advocate for the mass claim, which initially I would have been fine for me since I had picked out roleblocker as my claim since before the game began, but if I claimed too early my chances of being caught up in an inconsistency went up exponentially. And if you were alive, you would have been the one to pick up on them.

I'm honored for the kind words. Especially since it's coming from a vet like you. :oops:

I suppose though, that as JOAT, I wouldn't have been able to directly catch you in a lie, but roleblocker indeed would have been tough to pull off considering it was a NV game.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Rodion on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:02 pm

I think the N1 inconsistencies set up by "Insanity" could have served as precedent for further inconsistencies (such as a failed roleblock) to be deemed acceptable. After having cops and gunsmiths and watchers/trackers providing false information, a roleblock that didn't quite work would have been the least of the worries imo.
General Rodion

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:49 pm

Good game!

And here I got lynched D2 for something I didn't do :x Why do so many investigate me?!

Well played, everywhere. I completely suspected vodean or pmc from what people were saying. THat was very well played.

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby everywhere116 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:12 pm

/, I have two questions: Early on, jgordon said that you would not have given the role of mod to a newer player and thus we should look at the veterans if we wanted to find the mod. Was there any merit to this, or did everyone have an equal chance to be the mod?

Also, are we going to see Rolegift 2 soon?
Corporal everywhere116

Postby / on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:26 pm

To disobey the random shuffle is death!
Like I said, everyone had a chance, so everyone had to confirm the rules.

Eh... fine if I'm going to keep getting harassed about it I'll give you what you want, signups going up today, but I'm busy this week, so don't expect the setup immediately
Sergeant 1st Class /

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives