Conquer Club

Simpsons Mafia (8 of 13) Endgame, Town Win!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Simpsons Mafia (8 of 13) Night 4 - Running Man

Postby ShaggyDan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:44 pm

GG guys.

Our night 2 plan screwed us over, we were going to simaltaneously shoot and protect a person to give the faith healer validity in the event of a tracker.

Though taking the doc protection of our godfather turned out to be a bad move, who'd have thought :P.

I knew my claim of marge wouldn't hold out... if Homer went forward I would have argued his obliviousness meant that he wouldn't be told. Lovers where only one know about it might be a good twist for a game in the future *ponders*.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:13 pm

ShaggyDan wrote:GG guys.

Our night 2 plan screwed us over, we were going to simaltaneously shoot and protect a person to give the faith healer validity in the event of a tracker.

Though taking the doc protection of our godfather turned out to be a bad move, who'd have thought :P.

I knew my claim of marge wouldn't hold out... if Homer went forward I would have argued his obliviousness meant that he wouldn't be told. Lovers where only one know about it might be a good twist for a game in the future *ponders*.

The night 2 plan was my idea. Shaggy didn't want to do it, he wanted to protect black knight. I thought with the JOAT gone we didn't have to worry about a big. I was wrong! Next time I will listen to shaggy.

I'm not surprised town won (not just because I am a screw up) because I think we were a little outgunned. Town was loaded.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby ShaggyDan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Don't be too hard on yourself chuck. It wasn't a bad idea... would have worked amazingly if it had indeed worked, if someone tracked a mafia godfather who claimed a protective role to a person that had survived a kill it would have been very hard for him to ever get lynched. And the whole JOAT having an investigation on day two didn't help either :P. Even if we protected BK it probably would have played out similar with the investigations happening the way they did, then when I inevitbly got lynched the vig would have still hit the godfather.

Definitely props to the vig, good shooting. And GG to all.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:55 pm

good game all
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Nice shot DJ. I would have gotten the guilty result regardless.

I do think that town was exceptionally strong this game, but cult can really do damage if it survived longer. I think I got like guilty results every single night this game, which meant that I kept thinking I was paranoid, which would have fit very well with Wiggum character. A first for me, but there were more anti town that I expected.
Captain safariguy5

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:11 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Nice shot DJ. I would have gotten the guilty result regardless.

I do think that town was exceptionally strong this game, but cult can really do damage if it survived longer. I think I got like guilty results every single night this game, which meant that I kept thinking I was paranoid, which would have fit very well with Wiggum character. A first for me, but there were more anti town that I expected.

yeah, i guess dazza couldnt have expected the cult leader to get lynched so quick and town would have needed all that fire power if he hadn't.

Re: Simpsons Mafia (8 of 13) Endgame, Town Win!

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:42 pm

The one thing that surprised me the most about this game was that there were next to no Simpsons in it. Just me and Homer. It's why I was a little iffy on lynching chuck at the end (I didn't have similar feelings on shaggy, though).
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby pershy on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:09 am

I bet Daz gave mafia fake claims. The claims were really good.
Lieutenant pershy

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:20 am

pershy wrote:I bet Daz gave mafia fake claims. The claims were really good.

yes he did. we were given rev. lovejoy, marge, and lisa. we where just given characters, we had to make up our own night actions.

Postby Djfireside on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Well that was definately a first in my book. All Vig kills on mafia and no misses. The recruiter outing definately hurt the game cause that took out a good portion of the problems that could occur afterwards. Glad I kept the overeager part of when I claimed cause I figured that may have thrown some problems in for the last few days :)
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby pershy on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:02 am

Djfireside wrote:Well that was definately a first in my book. All Vig kills on mafia and no misses. The recruiter outing definately hurt the game cause that took out a good portion of the problems that could occur afterwards. Glad I kept the overeager part of when I claimed cause I figured that may have thrown some problems in for the last few days :)

You were on fire! From D1 you were on the right track when you doubted BK. I wasn't sure who to doubt on D1 but Shaggy showed up on my radar on D2.
Lieutenant pershy

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives