Conquer Club

Mad Men Mafia - Day 2 (6/9) Town Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 2 (7/9)

Postby samgrossy on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:24 pm

I think its a good strategy for now. We still can afford a mislynch (see shaggy's post a page or two ago) and we already have a VT claim. The less info the scum have going into N2, the better.
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby thechuck51 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Vote Count 2.5

/ ( ) -
Campin Killer ( ) -
Count Belisle (2 ) - ShaggyDan, samgrossy
Jonty125 ( ) -
everywhere116 ( ) -
ShaggyDan (1) - Jonty125
samgrossy ( ) -

Not Voting - /, Campin Killer, Count Belisle, everywhere116

If there are any errors let me know.

Deadline is Saturday August 4th @ 10pm EST
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby Count Belisle on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:46 pm

so I'm following this so basically I'm going to be lynched? wow this is a tough game to play, oh well I will just jump into some another one sometime, I guess i'll figure this out some day. least my win loss ratio is not counted here. :D

well telling the truth don't work,not knowing how to follow is bad, some of the terms you guy's use aren't even in the terms guide you have posted. what is Meta? also it seems like you guy's have played each other before, just like on some of the maps in CC, if I get a certain player in a certain map, I kinda know how they might play and approach the game. I feeling that here, so I just need to get some more Mafia games under my belt. this game sure did get better after Yom is gone, I'm in another mafia game the Yom was never in and it is so different but also kinda the same just fun not stressful (yet :shock: )

I'm not giving up I just don't know what to do from here, nothing has worked and some how I'm in a hole, I had fun though, hopeful you'll let me play again.

Don't let me catch any of you in a Feudal Epic or World 2.1, if I do it's no mercy for you :twisted:

so let's do this so we can get night here so the mafia can take out one of you guy's.if I'm lynched I'll need company down here in the Underworld.
Private 1st Class Count Belisle

Postby ShaggyDan on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:51 pm

Count Belisle wrote:On a side note Shaggy, I want to say that if I offended you I'm sorry, I read your response to mine and you are so professional in it, you stated your point and you were nice about it. I re-read my response earlier and I sounded like a jerk, this has nothing to do with the game but RL of saying sorry I could have posted my point a lot nicer like you did. thank you for teaching me something.

so guy's Im asking you what do I do now ?

Don't sweat it, no offense was taken... It's mafia accusations are bound to.come across that way at times :P.

That said, I'm keeping my vote where it is. I'm sorry if you're actually town because you were put in a pretty tough spot for one of your first games. You responded best you could have but with what we have to go off I think it's the best lead. I would also urgetown to go for an actual lynch rather than a no lynch in this situation. A no lynch loses town one of its mislynches.

The only thing that will get me to change my vote at this time is a strong case on another player, and with how close the deadline is I don't see it happening.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby ShaggyDan on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:55 pm

Fastposted: im future the best way to handle a case like todays being put on you is to simultaneously refute it logically while bringing up another case that is stronger than the one on you. Other people may have different strategies but that's generally what I try to go for.

Also your posts about the underworld = lol.

nd I wouldn't lose hope so soon, there's still time to pit forward another case or at least thoughts. Putting forward some thoughts on players can still be helpful to town even if you die.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby jonty125 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:45 am

/ wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Hmm, I'm not 100% certain is claim is legit. This is the first line about her from the Mad Men Wiki
Mad Men Wiki wrote:was the office manager at Sterling Cooper advertising agency
I can't imagine her not been given a power role, from this but their can only be one other at a maximum, so its all WIFOM at best.

Are.... you not paying attention? We kind of brought this up earlier..
from the front page
The show is only being used for flavor. Actions of the characters and other happenings on the show may be used to dress up scenes but they will have no bearing on players roles.

I have selected 9 characters from the show and I will randomly assign alignment and roles for each character based on the structure described below. So anybody can be town and anybody can be scum.

so yeah, good guys, bad guys, main, side. doesn't really matter, it's all random.

My bad. Suppose we have to test the claim vote Count
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Count Belisle on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:25 am

jonty125 wrote:
/ wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Hmm, I'm not 100% certain is claim is legit. This is the first line about her from the Mad Men Wiki
Mad Men Wiki wrote:was the office manager at Sterling Cooper advertising agency
I can't imagine her not been given a power role, from this but their can only be one other at a maximum, so its all WIFOM at best.

Are.... you not paying attention? We kind of brought this up earlier..
from the front page
The show is only being used for flavor. Actions of the characters and other happenings on the show may be used to dress up scenes but they will have no bearing on players roles.

I have selected 9 characters from the show and I will randomly assign alignment and roles for each character based on the structure described below. So anybody can be town and anybody can be scum.

so yeah, good guys, bad guys, main, side. doesn't really matter, it's all random.

My bad. Suppose we have to test the claim vote Count

Hang man is coming down from the gallows and I don't have very long, the jig is up they finally found me ,the renegade who had it made...... shoot forgot the words

Postby Campin_Killer on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:27 am

I guess I'll do the hammer here and Vote Count

I'll reread in the mean time and try to find who to jail
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
In the Trenches - 3 in sign-ups
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Campin_Killer wrote:I guess I'll do the hammer here and Vote Count

Please re-read the rules:
2. Voting, Lynching, and Ending the Day
    a. All votes and unvotes must be in red and I would really prefer red bold. If they are not, they will not be tallied.

Postby Campin_Killer on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:57 pm

Campin_Killer wrote:I guess I'll do the hammer here and Vote Count

Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Vote Count 2.6

/ ( ) -
Campin Killer ( ) -
Count Belisle (4) - ShaggyDan, samgrossy, Jonty125, Campin_Killer ~LYNCH~
Jonty125 ( ) -
everywhere116 ( ) -
ShaggyDan ( ) -
samgrossy ( ) -

Not Voting - /, Count Belisle, everywhere116

If there are any errors let me know.

I will post a scene sometime tonight

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:40 pm

~ The Other Woman

The death of Don Draper hung heavily on the remaining employees at SCDP, as they took some time off during the day to observe a moment of silence. When they returned to finding the person responsible for his death they began to focus on one of the women.

"But I'm Joan, I'm just a plain vanilla office manager" she pleaded.

Some said she was too close to Ginsburg, others felt that they could afford for some innocent people to die as long as they were vanilla. They grabbed her by the scarf draped around her neck and pulled her towards the door. The same door where they had hung Ginsberg. As she struggled, a pack of lucky strike cigarettes fell out of her purse.

"Roger, those are the same cigarettes that were used to kill Don!" exclaimed Peggy.

The grey hair man replied "Honey, those cigarettes are slowly killing all of us."

As Joan thrashed in an attempt to escape, a small key fell out of the bun atop her bright red hair.

Lane recognized the key. "Its the master key to all our personnel files. With that she could find out anything about us."

The scarf around her neck continued to tighten, eventually becoming so tight as to prevent her from breathing. She kicked and clawed as her life was being slowly strangled from her. As she kicked one last time, a small envelope fell out of her purse.

"its the same as the envelope Ginsberg had" said Ken as they all turned to look at Joan whose face was now blue.

show

Don's death had been avenged and SCDP has been purged of the scum which had cost them the Dow Chemicals account.

"You would think they would have kept those envelopes locked up somewhere" Roger quipped as they turned off the lights and went home.

The town (/, Campin_Killer, Jonty125, everywhere116, Nebuchadnezzer, ShaggyDan, and samgrossy) has won.

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Role PM's
show

Night Actions
show

Postby samgrossy on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:40 pm

I was nervous that campin put me second on the list of most guilty on his last post. I had a conspiracy theory that he was not actually the JK and using the fact that some of us were newbies to pick us off one at a time. I was all sorts of ready to start with him myself during D3 if I needed. I am still wondering why Campin didn't get knock off? Jonty never used his doc. Guess count just never thought of it.

As a newbie, i like this whole mafia thing.

@thechuck51 - great job modding. You made my first game fun and enjoyable...
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby Campin_Killer on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Practically flawless in a way, only lost one townie.

I'm glad Count didn't kill me, and my next to jail was going to be sam.

Good game every, and thanks for modding, chuck
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby / on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Well, that was interesting, I fear I may be getting a bit rusty, it's hard getting scum tells on newly introduced players!
oh well, thanks for modding le chuck, I liked the scenes.
Nag just approved your usergroup registration btw
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Count Belisle on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:14 am

I thought I couldn't kill the Jail keeper #-o if I tried it would just block his power but wouldn't kill him, I kill Neb because he was really focusing on me D1 or to me it seem, I thought he was a threat to me, he was to friggn smart at connecting dots it seem to me if I didn't kill him I thought he would figure something out. :---) My bad you all were too smart. I had a feeling that Yom put a little light on me I just thought I could play it off as them helping a new guy :-^ . when thing came my way I just couldn't figure out how to wiggle out. ](*,) I guess that would come from experience, also my clan is in CC3 and CL4 my head was more in those games then this game, but it was a fun new experience. but that's what I need is more experience. thanks for letting me play guy's \:D/

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:59 am

I'm not sure how you thought that you wouldn't have been able to kill Campin, but overall the loss isn't your fault. You're new, and let's face it, Yomiel fu­cked you over. It really didn't matter who you killed last night, one of either Neb, Slash, Campin, or myself would have connected the dots anyway.

Get a few more games under your belt and I'm sure you'll be fine.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby jonty125 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:45 am

everywhere116 wrote:I'm not sure how you thought that you wouldn't have been able to kill Campin, but overall the loss isn't your fault. You're new, and let's face it, Yomiel fu­cked you over. It really didn't matter who you killed last night, one of either Neb, Slash, Campin, or myself would have connected the dots anyway. (Jonty wouldn't of) :D

Get a few more games under your belt and I'm sure you'll be fine.

There we go, now the post says everything that it should.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby vodean on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:57 pm

well done guys! and now we know what yomiel looks like when scum. if she ever returns, we will know when to lynch and when not to.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Count Belisle wrote:I thought I couldn't kill the Jail keeper #-o if I tried it would just block his power but wouldn't kill him, I kill Neb because he was really focusing on me D1 or to me it seem, I thought he was a threat to me, he was to friggn smart at connecting dots it seem to me if I didn't kill him I thought he would figure something out. :---) My bad you all were too smart. I had a feeling that Yom put a little light on me I just thought I could play it off as them helping a new guy :-^ . when thing came my way I just couldn't figure out how to wiggle out. ](*,) I guess that would come from experience, also my clan is in CC3 and CL4 my head was more in those games then this game, but it was a fun new experience. but that's what I need is more experience. thanks for letting me play guy's \:D/

Count...I feel sorry you were partnered with Yomiel. She was too dam obvious, it was ridiculous. Your only hope would have been to shut her up sooner and just lynch her earlier. She made the game too easy for town to win. I hope you'll play another one, because they are usually better than this. Thanks for the compliment...although, I assure you, this was a one time occurance (playing well, that is).

Town...well done. I gave up figuring it out after I was dead, but it seemed that we had a pretty cut and dried case once the evidence was out there.

Chuck...thanks for modding.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby ShaggyDan on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:05 pm

samgrossy wrote:I was nervous that campin put me second on the list of most guilty on his last post. I had a conspiracy theory that he was not actually the JK and using the fact that some of us were newbies to pick us off one at a time. I was all sorts of ready to start with him myself during D3 if I needed. I am still wondering why Campin didn't get knock off? Jonty never used his doc. Guess count just never thought of it.

As a newbie, i like this whole mafia thing.

@thechuck51 - great job modding. You made my first game fun and enjoyable...

Kind of agreed about the campin thing... I probably would have gone after him on day 3 if count wasn't mafia and he still survived (because it would have made no sense for mafia not to kill him twice in a row).

Count you did good for your first game, there wasn't much more you could have done after the interactions between yourself and Yom on day 1, especially with so little else to go off. Hoepfully see you in a few more games :).

GG all. Fun quick game :). Big thanks to chuck for modding too.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives