Conquer Club

The Tick Mafia - JUSTICE PREVAILS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Tick Mafia - JUSTICE PREVAILS!

Postby swang918 on Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:08 pm

Also it didn’t help that d2 and d3 we had obvious lynch candidates that were both 3p. By n3 we had multiple confirmed towns, with middling power(Pixar), strong power(Pepe), and unknown power (ragian). And we also had to hunt for cop. The night kill choices were really difficult.
Major swang918

Postby degaston on Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:28 pm

swang918 wrote:Also it didn’t help that d2 and d3 we had obvious lynch candidates that were both 3p. By n3 we had multiple confirmed towns, with middling power(Pixar), strong power(Pepe), and unknown power (ragian). And we also had to hunt for cop. The night kill choices were really difficult.

Agreed that the 3p players made things difficult for the scum. :lol:

I thought Razor had made it pretty obvious that Ragian was The Tick. Traffic could have eliminated him with his Strongman power, though it wasn't strictly necessary because Tick couldn't win if he was the only town left alive.

I was surprised that you shot Extreme since he was already charged. Deflecting from swang to either Extreme or strike would have eliminated them both on N3. And since he was bombed, if you had killed someone else you still would have had two town deaths that night.

Scum still had a slight chance on N4 if they had deflected swang to Pixar and killed strike (or vice-versa). Then Pepe would have had to explain another town death.
Brigadier degaston

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:49 pm

swang918 wrote:I felt pretty boxed in with the scum choices on D4. For awhile it was pretty close between bax and traffic and I didn't think we could survive if traffic got lynched so I had to do everything I could to get bax lynched instead. I really didn't like the alternatives of doing nothing, or piling onto traffic to buy some town cred, I didn't think that would last long enough to make it worth not taking a shot at saving traffic. It was very tough with such strong town this game. Even the town with weaker powers like charle were voting accurately. Making it really hard for scum. But if we had gotten past D4 with traffic alive, I think scum could have brute force ran the table from there with my vote stealing ability which no one knew about at the time.

I did think about getting Darin to deflect off me night 4 and me doing the kill, but I didn't think Pepe had it in him to take the shot--he was saying how sorry he was about killing loose and just didn't seem sure about anything. So Pepe really got me good.

Sonic seemed to flip a switch after extreme's death. It felt like he went from constant complete nonsense to pretty calculated analysis overnight. We were leaving him alive thinking he would slow town down but D4 he really flipped that switch, to scums detriment.

Darin's Arthur claim was really genius. When I read it I was like, wtf you are definitely getting lynched...but town bought it pretty good and he probably would have stayed alive and had a punchers chance if not for Pixar's tracking.

I think one of our mistakes was to pick off inactive players at first. In retrospect there were too many strong players among the active players that we should have killed the more vocal ones earlier.

Doc charle was definitely a lucky random shot. Extreme was also kind of lucky in that we had narrowed cop down to I think 2-3 people and we happened to pick extreme. Iirc I thought cop was between extreme, ragian, or sonic.

Like I said, better use of claims and Scum probably wins. Vote Thief is rarely scum and potentially provable. Traffic had a great fake claim to use in American Maid and he ignored it to choose...the carpet guy. Then to further dig his grave, he contradicted his initial claim. Darin had a very strong claim in Arthur but he should have claimed some kind of ability. Busdriver is a role that can be both town and mafia but with a claim of Arthur, he'd be pretty believable.

As for kills, targeting semi-active players actually makes sense. Especially early. It makes it harder for town to figure out who is responsible. That said, I was half convinced it would be me or Son!c N4 and was part of my motivation for Targeting Traf. I had already kind of sussed that Ragian was bulletproof due to the Tick being nearly invulnerable in the show and based on mafia not targeting him, I figured one of you had suspected as well. From there, roleblocker is a very powerful role, especially late game when scum has limited options for who can send in the kill and I wanted town to still have that ability if I did get offed. The other parts were taking a shot at someone who could be scum but was drawing less attention overall and trying to get someone that I didn't think Pix would target.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:08 pm

strike wolf wrote:
swang918 wrote:I felt pretty boxed in with the scum choices on D4. For awhile it was pretty close between bax and traffic and I didn't think we could survive if traffic got lynched so I had to do everything I could to get bax lynched instead. I really didn't like the alternatives of doing nothing, or piling onto traffic to buy some town cred, I didn't think that would last long enough to make it worth not taking a shot at saving traffic. It was very tough with such strong town this game. Even the town with weaker powers like charle were voting accurately. Making it really hard for scum. But if we had gotten past D4 with traffic alive, I think scum could have brute force ran the table from there with my vote stealing ability which no one knew about at the time.

I did think about getting Darin to deflect off me night 4 and me doing the kill, but I didn't think Pepe had it in him to take the shot--he was saying how sorry he was about killing loose and just didn't seem sure about anything. So Pepe really got me good.

Sonic seemed to flip a switch after extreme's death. It felt like he went from constant complete nonsense to pretty calculated analysis overnight. We were leaving him alive thinking he would slow town down but D4 he really flipped that switch, to scums detriment.

Darin's Arthur claim was really genius. When I read it I was like, wtf you are definitely getting lynched...but town bought it pretty good and he probably would have stayed alive and had a punchers chance if not for Pixar's tracking.

I think one of our mistakes was to pick off inactive players at first. In retrospect there were too many strong players among the active players that we should have killed the more vocal ones earlier.

Doc charle was definitely a lucky random shot. Extreme was also kind of lucky in that we had narrowed cop down to I think 2-3 people and we happened to pick extreme. Iirc I thought cop was between extreme, ragian, or sonic.

Like I said, better use of claims and Scum probably wins. Vote Thief is rarely scum and potentially provable. Traffic had a great fake claim to use in American Maid and he ignored it to choose...the carpet guy. Then to further dig his grave, he contradicted his initial claim. Darin had a very strong claim in Arthur but he should have claimed some kind of ability. Busdriver is a role that can be both town and mafia but with a claim of Arthur, he'd be pretty believable.

As for kills, targeting semi-active players actually makes sense. Especially early. It makes it harder for town to figure out who is responsible. That said, I was half convinced it would be me or Son!c N4 and was part of my motivation for Targeting Traf. I had already kind of sussed that Ragian was bulletproof due to the Tick being nearly invulnerable in the show and based on mafia not targeting him, I figured one of you had suspected as well. From there, roleblocker is a very powerful role, especially late game when scum has limited options for who can send in the kill and I wanted town to still have that ability if I did get offed. The other parts were taking a shot at someone who could be scum but was drawing less attention overall and trying to get someone that I didn't think Pix would target.

So you did believe I was town at the end :D
I thought the tick was unkillable at night too yeah.

I though people were gonna believe Sonic in The last day and I was gonna get lynched, but good think Pix outed Darin.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby SoN!c on Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:21 pm

You and Darin were the only ? left..

Arthur was a strong claim yes but not in the combination with having zero powers. Arthur has a suit to fly so the claim should have had some visiting power explaining it like that. If he was caught by Pix visiting Ragian he could say it was a "special power" delivery only to be given to The Tick but got blocked.. But i believe reading "im just an average joe" in the tickipedia made him saying he had no powers at all.

The other downside claiming Arthur was it made look Swang so scummy to me. No way the mayor could have been town if all these strong superhero characters were in the game. The Tick + Arthur in here = no way the mayor would be town. 3p at best.

Charle his flavor taste helped town win it. The Red Tape made Swang using his real character as we were already onto the false Carpeted man claim. Then Pix did the rest.
Major SoN!c

Postby degaston on Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:49 pm

Arthur was originally a "Sidekick", though that claim would have been a problem if the tracker sees that he visited two people. Since people knew I was combining rolls, and even making up my own, I thought they might be able to come up with a plausible explanation for almost anything, but they'd have to really sell it, and by the time they were targeted it was hard to pull off.

Mayor Blank would have been town if he hadn't been randomly chosen for the scum party. He's not technically a villian, though it was easy to turn him into one.

At one point I was thinking of having one of the characters just be "The Busdriver". Tick first comes to The City on a bus in Episode 1.
Brigadier degaston

Postby SoN!c on Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:07 am

Yes the character choices were realy good. Loved it. Selling the coverstory in a good way was up to the players.. Swang was playing a strong game but Charle tasting Red Tape made him sticking to the mayor character i feel. How else to explain it? Then next he jumped the Bax bandwagon.. i understand why but those two little things got him in the end.

Strong game Swang =D> Still i would like to know why Loose was so sure about him so early in the game. He was not the only one "blending in" :D
Major SoN!c

Postby degaston on Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:30 am

I don't know why Loose was so sure about swang, but he needed more town credit if he was going to get anywhere with that. If he had said it upfront, or at least left some breadcrumbs that he didn't think his vote would count, that might have helped him.

DDS just wanted to cause more chaos by smoke-bombing him, but I thought Loose was causing enough confusion on his own. It might have been better to save it until later.
Brigadier degaston

Postby General Bax on Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:41 am

Most impressive

Players and MOD

Congrats
Corporal 1st Class General Bax

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:53 am

SoN!c wrote:Yes the character choices were realy good. Loved it. Selling the coverstory in a good way was up to the players.. Swang was playing a strong game but Charle tasting Red Tape made him sticking to the mayor character i feel. How else to explain it? Then next he jumped the Bax bandwagon.. i understand why but those two little things got him in the end.

Strong game Swang =D> Still i would like to know why Loose was so sure about him so early in the game. He was not the only one "blending in" :D

I think swang knew he was on borrowed time. Pix correctly said I visited swang, I had swang completely at the bottom on my chummy to scummy list (and not Bax! I had Bax as neutral Sonic!!!!!). Multiple confirmeds were already suspicious of swang and it couldve taken heat away from traffic.

With some luck, a lynch on bax into a succesful vigi redirect from swang to, say, pix/strike wouldve been a massive swing.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Ragian on Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:27 am

swang918 wrote:I think one of our mistakes was to pick off inactive players at first. In retrospect there were too many strong players among the active players that we should have killed the more vocal ones earlier.

I love that you did this, mate. We did the exact same thing in Prison Mafia. Not in order to keep town guessing, but to get the game going. Inactives really ruin everything.

Do you know why Loose was dead set on lynching you D2?
Captain Ragian

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:03 am

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

So you did believe I was town at the end :D
I thought the tick was unkillable at night too yeah.

I though people were gonna believe Sonic in The last day and I was gonna get lynched, but good think Pix outed Darin.

I was about 60/40 town over scum that night. Then the no kill happened when I blocked you and I was less sure. It didn't feel like a strong case but I had more or less put together that Bax had to be the one to give Pix the Can-o-Man which would make Bax town and I never thought Arthur would be a fake claim. So the options in my mind were Son!c, Charle or you. Son!c was acting more balanced Day 4 and 5 and once I had taken a bit to step away and reassess his posting habits, I did get that he was indeed just fishing for reactions not being intentionally scummy. Charles ability seemed pretty much confirmed from his investigation of Pix and his targets made sense for an investigative role targetting scum. So you seemed like the best option.

That said, I always planned on waiting for Pix and/or Charle to come forward with what they found out and was hoping Bax would confirm his claim before lynching anyone. So you were fine. You were always going to be fine.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:01 am

Also Pepe basically did what you are supposed to do as vig. Vig is a high impact role. One of the highest impact roles town has and it can make or break a game depending on how its used. So you are supposed to be conservative with it and make good kills. Loose despite being town wasn't a bad kill since he was likely to take up all the focus day 3. Swang was a great kill. A bit risky in hindsight since Mafia had a redirecting player but 100% should have been the target.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby swang918 on Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:04 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
SoN!c wrote:Yes the character choices were realy good. Loved it. Selling the coverstory in a good way was up to the players.. Swang was playing a strong game but Charle tasting Red Tape made him sticking to the mayor character i feel. How else to explain it? Then next he jumped the Bax bandwagon.. i understand why but those two little things got him in the end.

I think swang knew he was on borrowed time. Pix correctly said I visited swang, I had swang completely at the bottom on my chummy to scummy list (and not Bax! I had Bax as neutral Sonic!!!!!). Multiple confirmeds were already suspicious of swang and it couldve taken heat away from traffic.

With some luck, a lynch on bax into a succesful vigi redirect from swang to, say, pix/strike wouldve been a massive swing.

I was pretty desperate toward the end. Definitely felt like I needed to take some big chances. Most town's scum lists by then were some combo of me, Darin, traffic, and bax. Better to go down swinging...
Major swang918

Postby swang918 on Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:09 am

Ragian wrote:
swang918 wrote:I think one of our mistakes was to pick off inactive players at first. In retrospect there were too many strong players among the active players that we should have killed the more vocal ones earlier.

I love that you did this, mate. We did the exact same thing in Prison Mafia. Not in order to keep town guessing, but to get the game going. Inactives really ruin everything.

Do you know why Loose was dead set on lynching you D2?

I'm gonna be a hater and not give loose any credit for fixating on me D2. I think he just got lucky w it, the reasoning was weak--the whole "blending in" thing could be said for like half the players in the game. So its like a guy saying he just knows this one number on roulette is going to hit, and then it hits--he just happened to get the right result but the process was bad.
Major swang918

Postby swang918 on Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:14 am

degaston wrote:
swang918 wrote:Also it didn’t help that d2 and d3 we had obvious lynch candidates that were both 3p. By n3 we had multiple confirmed towns, with middling power(Pixar), strong power(Pepe), and unknown power (ragian). And we also had to hunt for cop. The night kill choices were really difficult.

Agreed that the 3p players made things difficult for the scum. :lol:

I thought Razor had made it pretty obvious that Ragian was The Tick. Traffic could have eliminated him with his Strongman power, though it wasn't strictly necessary because Tick couldn't win if he was the only town left alive.

I was surprised that you shot Extreme since he was already charged. Deflecting from swang to either Extreme or strike would have eliminated them both on N3. And since he was bombed, if you had killed someone else you still would have had two town deaths that night.

Scum still had a slight chance on N4 if they had deflected swang to Pixar and killed strike (or vice-versa). Then Pepe would have had to explain another town death.

I didn't know that Fusi was able to charge up Extreme before he got blown up. Although even if I did, I don't know if I would've thought of the deflecting onto one of them move
Major swang918

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:26 am

swang918 wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:

I was pretty desperate toward the end. Definitely felt like I needed to take some big chances. Most town's scum lists by then were some combo of me, Darin, traffic, and bax. Better to go down swinging...

You almost pulled it off. Son!c was in on the idea of lynching Bax quickly and if the rest of town hadnt acted competently and pulled the brakes, we may have gotten nothing out of the day except a dead townie and another night for you 3 to work on your fake claims.

I also find it funny that Son!cs literal role was coward after I joked about Deflator Mouse being a coward day 3. It was mostly coincidence that that was his actual role name but up until Dds claimed Hider, I did think Die Fleder was a likely Hider himself and thats why Son!c was trying to draw attention to himself since he knew he couldnt be killed at night. I also briefly considered the possibility that Son!c was The Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight who got Die Fledermaus as a fake claim because it was the strongest fake claim in the game. I ended up dismissing the possibility as insane and posted a snippet of it as an example of baseless speculation to counter the speculation that I visited Son!c to kill him.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby degaston on Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:29 am

swang918 wrote:I didn't know that Fusi was able to charge up Extreme before he got blown up. Although even if I did, I don't know if I would've thought of the deflecting onto one of them move

Being killed doesn't usually stop your night action from occurring. But there was no way to know if he was successful, so it was reasonable to kill Extreme - just unlucky that it was redundant.
Brigadier degaston

Postby degaston on Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:49 am

SoN!c was supposed to be kind of a negative feedback role. If a townie was lynched, then he'd be untargetable that night, but if the Mayor was killed, then he'd have no protection. But they never lynched a townie, so we never got to see the Die Fledermaus signal. :(

If a townie had been lynched on D1, then SoN!c would have run away with a bomb attached to him, and the doc couldn't have protected him on N1.
DDS almost bombed him again on D2, but decided he liked his banner GIF, so he went for fusi instead.
Brigadier degaston

Postby SoN!c on Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:16 am

degaston wrote:SoN!c was supposed to be kind of a negative feedback role. If a townie was lynched, then he'd be untargetable that night, but if the Mayor was killed, then he'd have no protection. But they never lynched a townie, so we never got to see the Die Fledermaus signal. :(

If a townie had been lynched on D1, then SoN!c would have run away with a bomb attached to him, and the doc couldn't have protected him on N1.
DDS almost bombed him again on D2, but decided he liked his banner GIF, so he went for fusi instead.

Saved by my banner :lol: =D> =D> =D> Yeah DDS is a great guy!

I did quote The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight more then once on D1, even his signature laugh. I was 100% sure he had to be in the game (believing him to be scum though, not 3p at that time) so he was the first i tried to fish for. Nobody got the laughter - everybody was thinking i was a jester with a deathwish - but im pretty sure DDS got it. Then when Loose got his smoke bomb i was thinking Loose was TEMBWBAM. Perhaps that was DDS his plan to use it on Loose. I spended a lot of time fishing on Loose his reactions but then realised he was not scum.

And yes i was hoping a bit on the Fliedermaus signal invulnerability. I mean it was my only power.. That and drawing attention would get me hopefully some protection, especially when Charle said he was thinking i was Cop. I did not deny that because i wanted protection and if townies were thinking that i had a good chance getting it. Then after N1 i was thinking Charle was dead because he saved me and got killed doing it. Happy that was not the case.

And about "Deflator mouse": I was thinking Strike actually believed me at that point, by saying "Deflator Mouse" like "i know who you are", but then his following gameplay contradicted that so strongly. I was going WTF! What is his strategy here? That confused me again. Like he was scum and found out i was town.

And on Bax, sometimes you wanna start a bandwagon to see who would jump on..

Hell of game guys. =D> =D> And special mention to EW =D> =D> =D>
Major SoN!c

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:25 am

SoN!c wrote:
degaston wrote:SoN!c was supposed to be kind of a negative feedback role. If a townie was lynched, then he'd be untargetable that night, but if the Mayor was killed, then he'd have no protection. But they never lynched a townie, so we never got to see the Die Fledermaus signal. :(

Saved by my banner :lol: =D> =D> =D> Yeah DDS is a great guy!

I did quote The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight more then once on D1, even his signature laugh. I was 100% sure he had to be in the game (believing him to be scum though, not 3p at that time) so he was the first i tried to fish for. Nobody got the laughter - everybody was thinking i was a jester with a deathwish - but im pretty sure DDS got it. Then when Loose got his smoke bomb i was thinking Loose was TEMBWBAM. Perhaps that was DDS his plan to use it on Loose. I spended a lot of time fishing on Loose his reactions but then realised he was not scum.

And yes i was hoping a bit on the Fliedermaus signal invulnerability. I mean it was my only power.. That and drawing attention would get me hopefully some protection, especially when Charle said he was thinking i was Cop. I did not deny that because i wanted protection and if townies were thinking that i had a good chance getting it. Then after N1 i was thinking Charle was dead because he saved me and got killed doing it. Happy that was not the case.

And about "Deflator mouse": I was thinking Strike actually believed me at that point, by saying "Deflator Mouse" like "i know who you are", but then his following gameplay contradicted that so strongly. I was going WTF! What is his strategy here? That confused me again. Like he was scum and found out i was town.

And on Bax, sometimes you wanna start a bandwagon to see who would jump on..

Hell of game guys. =D> =D> And special mention to EW =D> =D> =D>

The laughter is the reason I thought you could be TEMBWBM faking being Die Fledermaus. I even thought you might have a PR where you had to say your name ever now and then and the over the top behavior was to cover up for that but D3 kept going on and you never mentioned him that day.

I figured you out for softclaiming Die Fledermaus day 1 but as I said D3, I never considered it a claim that had to be in the game and if anything, I thought you were riding the fake claim a bit hard like someone who knew they had a really strong fake claim and were riding on that to try to avoid suspicion.

In my mind, characters broke down roughly as:

Guaranteed: Tick and Arthur (I was very obviously wrong here)

Strong but also could be good fake claims at least one likely in the game: Die Fledermaus, American Maid, Sewer Urchin, Big Shot, Carmelita and Dot

Strong but possibly 3rd party: Dinosaur Neil

Mid: Anyone from the Civic Minded Five, Bi-Polar Bear, Dr. Vatos

Weak: The Doorman, Regina Hume, Tongue Tongue, Dr. Mung Mung

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Charlett on Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:59 am

Thanks for the interesting story! It was fun to read about your perspective on the game. It was especially interesting to learn about your thoughts on the role of Sonic and your strategy for playing the character. It's also cool that you were able to correctly identify several players.
New Recruit Charlett

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives