Conquer Club

C9 newbie game TOWN WINS. Feel'n Groovey

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: C9 newbie game DAY ONE BEGINS

Postby Marashu on Fri May 01, 2015 8:10 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Speaking of which NoS

Marashu wrote: and then he jumps on madmitch's vote for no explained reason other than he felt pressured to (and the explanation madmitch used was pretty weak in my opinion

Can you explain the bolded bit further, I cant find any post where Dakky jumps on Madmitch. All his posts have been in retaliation to NoS as far as I can tell. Maybe I'm missing something.

Sorry, my wording wasn't the greatest - it wasn't that he jumped on him in attack, but jumped on board with that opinion.

Before I say anything else, I see the other C9 game that just happened is archived - I just wanted confirmation from Iron Butterfly that it is something we can talk about now for the meta.
Captain Marashu

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat May 02, 2015 7:14 am

Feel free to reference archived games.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat May 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Feel free to reference archived games.

Also keep in mind that this is a different game. My advice has no bearing on this present game either so do with it what you will.

Meta takes several games to get a good feel of how someone plays. Good players will also change their meta. I know I am doing a good job when people say they can not read me. Some times I want to be read. It depends on the game and set up. Sometimes its good to play dumb even when you know who mafia is, especially in small games. Some times it's good to press hard.

Do what you feel works best.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sat May 02, 2015 4:58 pm

I suspect that Mars knows that Meta with such new players is not the most useful, but it may well go along with a point he is trying to make. We shall see.

Dakky didnt jump onto Madmitchs vote. Dakky OMGUS voted NoS in response to NoS targetted continued questioning which he felt to be aimed at making him the prime mafia target. Whether Dakky is mafia or not is irrelevant, NoS has pushed hard on him alone. When queried by Dakky about why he trusts me he throws out a question at me which is framed in such a way as to defend me anyway. NoS has since the beginning focused on Dakky, yet never actually outright accuses him. Clever because it keeps his cards hidden, though why hide your cards if you have nothing to hide? The vote feels like a "best option" not a "I think hes mafia".

NoS has also defended Mars for no real reason, which always seem odd for a town player to do.

But back to my original point, which is that Mars is making up reasons to keep the discussion on Dakky which would benefit greatly a mafia player.

So at the moment I am sitting on a Mars NoS combo for Mafia.

End is a bit dubious, he popped up to ask a question about Dakky, then disappeared without offering anything. That said he hasnt been on all weekend to make a move in risk either. Added to that the fact that he wasnt bothered about L-2 until I pointed it out. Could be naivety, or he could be mafia and knew that he wouldnt be hammered. So I FOS End too.

Slander, Madmitch and Dakky seem town to me. Dakky for his abject objection to the accusation from NoS and very little attempt to deflect the conversation onto others. Slander is trying to draw Madmitch into the conversation which is useful for Town and irrelevant to Mafia as it is useful for them to have a town player on D2 who didnt involve themselves greatly in D1. As previously stated, I am trusting Madmitch with very little reasoning.

Vote Mars. I dont want to vote NoS at the moment as he is L-2 and there are two days left till the deadline.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Endgame422 on Sat May 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Ive been reading but not finding much to say honestly.
I agree that meta isnt likely to be very helpful. Especially since most of us have 3 or fewer games.
Deadlines tomorrow,
Im thinking lets push someone for a claim for more information D2.
Thoughts on this?
I feel like anyone we hit is just guess work right now unfortunately.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby dakky21 on Sat May 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Endgame422 wrote:I feel like anyone we hit is just guess work right now unfortunately.

Day one is always guess work. Especially in a C9 mafia with 5 townies + 2 mafia. Lynch mafia D1 and we have decent chances to survive and lynch the other one or lynch town day one and with mafia kill it's already 3v2.

@IB current vote results?
Captain dakky21

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sat May 02, 2015 6:35 pm

Endgame422 wrote:Im thinking lets push someone for a claim for more information D2.

I've never understood this play. What claims would help. Someone claims cop and is cop, dies N1. Someone claims cop but is mafia, gets a pass D1, and a bargaining chip D2. I just dont get how it helps.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sat May 02, 2015 6:36 pm

IB - Can doc self save?

I know you didnt expect doc to be able to in previous c9 game.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat May 02, 2015 6:44 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:IB - Can doc self save?

I know you didnt expect doc to be able to in previous c9 game.

NO. That took everyone by surprise. From my experience and as Mod, Doc will never self heal as the role would be to powerful.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat May 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Vote Count

Madmitch= Slander

NOS= Dakky, Madmitch

Wing= Endgame

Mars= Wingcommander

Deadline is Monday May 3rd

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Endgame422 on Sat May 02, 2015 8:49 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
Endgame422 wrote:Im thinking lets push someone for a claim for more information D2.

I've never understood this play. What claims would help. Someone claims cop and is cop, dies N1. Someone claims cop but is mafia, gets a pass D1, and a bargaining chip D2. I just dont get how it helps.

Let's say we push NoS(just for example) and he claims cop(but is really scum)the real cop(who may or may not exist) would know hes lying giving him better options tonight as well a solid scum tell for voting today and/or tomorrow.
If hes scum and he claims VT we lynch him anyways cuz worst case scenario is he is a VT and we haven't lynched one of our PRs.
Bit of a risk but whoever we decide to lynch should definitely claim beforehand.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby dakky21 on Sat May 02, 2015 9:37 pm

Endgame422 wrote:Let's say we push NoS(just for example) ...

Why are you pushing NoS for "example"? You could have pushed Micky Mouse for "example"?
Captain dakky21

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat May 02, 2015 10:21 pm

I've been out a few nights.. Get Bach 2 u tomorrow
persianempire wrote:its when ur food goes bad... you get spoils
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Endgame422 on Sat May 02, 2015 10:59 pm

dakky21 wrote:
Endgame422 wrote:Let's say we push NoS(just for example) ...

Why are you pushing NoS for "example"? You could have pushed Micky Mouse for "example"?

Mickey mouse isnt in this game.
I thought using a direct firsthand kind of example would make my point better made.
If i wanted to push him i would have voted him to L-1 and demanded a claim but as i said originally it was just an example.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby Marashu on Sun May 03, 2015 12:55 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:But back to my original point, which is that Mars is making up reasons to keep the discussion on Dakky which would benefit greatly a mafia player.

I was discussing Dakky because I was asked for my opinion on him, and then asked for clarification on it.

MadMitch is in his own little world, but he also kind of was in the last game - but the way he was calling people out in that one seems different than how he is acting in this one - basically, he's in his own little world in a different way. Looking at when he was mafia, he was trying to rush things and get people worked up. I know people will be aware of the meta and change and adapt, but even the way he's approaching the game is different.
Dakky, I feel, is learning not to bend to pressure and that one accusation doesn't mean he needs to get super defensive, as opposed to learning to scum.
I'm not sure about Slander - he's currently got my FoS, because I think that he knows that even with a vote, we won't get anything out of MadMitch.
Wing's posts are pretty pro-town. I would be surprised to learn that Wing is scum.
Endgame seems kinda neutral to me - not getting much of a read either way - but I do agree that we should push someone to claim.
NoS is really giving me a town vibe, but is at L-2, so I'm not sure if he's the one we should lynch. With deadline tomorrow, though, we should come up with a consensus or we'll default to no lynch, which is bad news for all of us.

Right now the only ones who have not voted are NoS and myself, and NoS is the only one at L-2. Since I think it's really unlikely that NoS will hammer himself, this means that if we want to lynch someone, somebody will need to change their vote. Right now, my top 2 are Slander and Endgame, neither of whom have any votes. I would much rather vote for someone I feel might be mafia, and right now I'm strongly leaning town for NoS, but I want to make sure that we lynch someone. So, someone convince me - should I vote for NoS, who probably is not mafia but we could get info from, or should I vote for someone else and hope that we get 2-3 more people to vote for them?
Captain Marashu

Postby Slander on Sun May 03, 2015 2:55 pm

First, unvote madmitch
Didn't intend to leave that up for so long, I just haven't logged on in a bit.

Deadline is approaching; we need a name. I'm going to make a list to keep track and so I have something to refer back to when I'm trying to spot patterns and/or associations.

NoSurvivors: Immediately agrees with dakky's no lynch idea, then changes his mind one post later. Everyone slams him shortly after. He then throws a retaliatory dakky vote, justifying it with scummy-sounding game-theory talk that hardly looks applicable to his vote. Mentions he wants someone to claim D1. Lots of participation from him in the thread, most of it hard to follow and inconsistent.

dakky21: No-lynch vote before hardly any discussion had occurred. Backpedals really hard with very little pressure then bandwagons a vote right after. Continues to act clueless, yet doesn't really seem that naive. Strange behavior all game so far.

madmitch: I probably need a translator to know what's going on here. Seems really confident in himself, especially when put on the spot.

Endgame422: Claims not to have any strong feelings so far. Most of the posts I've seen here were just explaining his view of game theory (at least this time it was relevant). Hard to pass judgment on someone with no opinions.

WingCmdr Ginkapo: Immediately puts someone at L-2. Spends 20 posts interrogating me because of a joke vote. Trying so hard to continue to lead discussion.

Marashu: Several conflicting interactions with dakky. Very weak explanation for it.

Sketch spectrum is 1-5, 1 being most town and 5 being most mob.

NoSurvivors: 4
dakky21: 3
madmitch: 1
Endgame422: 2
WingCmdr Ginkapo: 3
Marashu: 5
Corporal 1st Class Slander

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun May 03, 2015 3:31 pm

Slander wrote:First, unvote madmitch
Didn't intend to leave that up for so long, I just haven't logged on in a bit.

Deadline is approaching; we need a name. I'm going to make a list to keep track and so I have something to refer back to when I'm trying to spot patterns and/or associations.

NoSurvivors: Immediately agrees with dakky's no lynch idea, then changes his mind one post later. Everyone slams him shortly after. He then throws a retaliatory dakky vote, justifying it with scummy-sounding game-theory talk that hardly looks applicable to his vote. Mentions he wants someone to claim D1. Lots of participation from him in the thread, most of it hard to follow and inconsistent.

dakky21: No-lynch vote before hardly any discussion had occurred. Backpedals really hard with very little pressure then bandwagons a vote right after. Continues to act clueless, yet doesn't really seem that naive. Strange behavior all game so far.

madmitch: I probably need a translator to know what's going on here. Seems really confident in himself, especially when put on the spot.

Endgame422: Claims not to have any strong feelings so far. Most of the posts I've seen here were just explaining his view of game theory (at least this time it was relevant). Hard to pass judgment on someone with no opinions.

WingCmdr Ginkapo: Immediately puts someone at L-2. Spends 20 posts interrogating me because of a joke vote. Trying so hard to continue to lead discussion.

Marashu: Several conflicting interactions with dakky. Very weak explanation for it.

Sketch spectrum is 1-5, 1 being most town and 5 being most mob.

NoSurvivors: 4
dakky21: 3
madmitch: 1
Endgame422: 2
WingCmdr Ginkapo: 3
Marashu: 5

Sorry I've been away all weekend at a chess tournament. Back now though.

Interesting, you are away from the game for so long and throw out accusations, give reads similar to wing although some of your descriptions don't match up with your little numbered thing at the bottom (eg: dakky not being top 2 after your statement of him being "strange all game").

From what I can tell, you are possibly my vote as scum with your buddy being dakky, since you are "neutral" with him even given his strange behaviour.

With the night coming, I will claim if I get to L-1, but my vote goes to the best case in my opinion and vote slander.

From your limited posts, you have not only stayed out of the spotlight all game, however you have also soft defended dakky and endgame by your contradictory list. I think it's you and either dakky or endgame.

The case against me is extremely weak IMO, but if I have to claim I will.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Endgame422 on Sun May 03, 2015 4:39 pm

Deadlines today.id rather have a claim from slander then NoS(we have plenty of opinions from NoS) and no lynch is not an option.
Unvote wing
Vote Slander
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby dakky21 on Sun May 03, 2015 4:49 pm

BTW guys... did you noticed that Marashu joke voted NoS on the second page but didn't put it in red? Since then not a single vote from him. Wanna bet if Slander gets to L-1 we will have his vote?

I'm not this conclusive yet, as yeah, I voted no lynch back there. There isn't really any discussion about Mars or MadMitch, and possibly lynching town is the worst solution. I guess it's better to have some more talk, and maybe IB can prolong the day for a bit since there was no talk over the weekend.
Captain dakky21

Postby dakky21 on Sun May 03, 2015 4:56 pm

And yeah, the map so far: (JV being the joke vote)

slander (JV) >WCG > unvote > IB (JV) > dakky > unvote > madmitch > unvote
NoS (JV) > endgame > unvote > Wing > unvote > dakky > slander
Wing (JV) > endgame > Marashu
Marashu (JV) > NoS
dakky (JV) > Marashu > unvote > No Lynch > unvote > NoS
Endgame > Wing > unvote > Slander
madmitch > NoS

Though slander did a lot of votes & unvotes, I don't find him necessarily scum as Marshu & MadMitch waiting for someone to come at L-1.
Captain dakky21

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun May 03, 2015 5:31 pm

dakky21 wrote:maybe IB can prolong the day for a bit since there was no talk over the weekend.

The information is all there, just need people to interpret it.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun May 03, 2015 6:43 pm

dakky21 wrote:BTW guys... did you noticed that Marashu joke voted NoS on the second page but didn't put it in red? Since then not a single vote from him. Wanna bet if Slander gets to L-1 we will have his vote?

I'm not this conclusive yet, as yeah, I voted no lynch back there. There isn't really any discussion about Mars or MadMitch, and possibly lynching town is the worst solution. I guess it's better to have some more talk, and maybe IB can prolong the day for a bit since there was no talk over the weekend.

Id like an extension too. Only now are we getting actual activity. We need time to pressure and gather info.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun May 03, 2015 7:36 pm

I will give a 24 hour extension PROVIDED there is adequate discussion Monday. If everyone is quiet or its just a couple of people then the answer is no. deadline was Monday 10pm. I will extend till tuesday 10 pm.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby madmitch on Sun May 03, 2015 8:03 pm

IN MY first game I did not post enough,and in this game I THINK I am posting to much,I HAVE READ AND REREAD all the posts and still find it hard to read,there are just to many posts and it gets confusing as f*ck,sorry I am still going on my stupid gut feeling and keeping my same vote
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Sun May 03, 2015 8:19 pm

madmitch wrote:IN MY first game I did not post enough,and in this game I THINK I am posting to much,I HAVE READ AND REREAD all the posts and still find it hard to read,there are just to many posts and it gets confusing as f*ck,sorry I am still going on my stupid gut feeling and keeping my same vote

Yes it is confusing, but you didn't said anything about anyone or yourself and I just now noticed you have a standing vote on NoS, but Marashu doesn't have a vote on anyone.

Marashu, by the rule #14 of the game, everyone must vote. Pick your candidate or no lynch, but you must vote.
Captain dakky21

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives