Conquer Club

Office Mafia ENDGAME!! TOWN WINS!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Office Mafia (9/9) N1: Still 2 Telephones

Postby new guy1 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:55 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
jonty125 wrote:As all office staff they bickered a lot. One man tried to hang himself, for there was no internet connection and no contact with the outside world. One decided they would get serious and blindly follow someone, but the others pointed out the holes in his strategy. Conversation began to lull so they picked on the quiet guy. Pretty understandable as he was New Boy Dan and had no special powers. 2 memebrs of the office started bickering about whether they were saying to throw in the towel or not. One woman & one man said we might as well give up and the office turned on them. The man was Steve the Joker who couldn't resist using his sarcasm while claiming. The woman took a while to claim but she eventually did. Frizzy, Town Doctor. Everyone instantly backed off. One shouted "Save Yourself". She replied "I can't". The shouty man cursed "You could have pretended!". After all the revelations of the day the town agreed to turn off the lights & see what fate awaited them.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but jonty's scene flavor seems to confirm clever & name's claims. Safari could be lying, but doc seems like the most likely power role in this game. Unless he was given a fake claim, that's too risky to try. Though I'm very surprised he survived the night.

this is a good point. i didnt read as thoroughly but i noticed the names being mentioned as well.
Sergeant new guy1

Re: Office Mafia (8/9) D2: No Armour

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:09 pm

jonty125 wrote:Many people were creeping around the office last night. Some decided to stay asleep in their beds floor space. But one mans intentions were malicious. He decided to kill the one most similar to their cult. The man who was prepared for all things virtual. Is no longer in reality. And is now playing WoW and Minecraft with some Asian girl in dreamland.

DJfireside - Snowbo (Vanilla Townie) is dead. The knife still remains in his body so how will the next victim die :twisted:.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to be lynched by telephone cord. Deadline is Monday, 5 March at 1600 GMT.

"But one mans intentions were malicious"
Killed by a knife and the flavor suggests...
Serial Killer.

I also find interesting that the two claimed VTs claimed names do not have a commonality with DJfiresides.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:19 pm

SK in a 9-player game? I don't think the flavor suggests SK at all, nor do I see how you make a pattern assumption on 3 given names. Are you implying both VTs are lying?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:31 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:SK in a 9-player game? I don't think the flavor suggests SK at all, nor do I see how you make a pattern assumption on 3 given names. Are you implying both VTs are lying?

How many VTs would you need considering the size of the game??

SKs kill with a knife.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Am I implying BOTH are lieing? No...but anything is possible and one can assume nothing. If you play that Seseme Street Game called, "Which One of these things doesnt belong, which one of these things is different from the others..." between the two claimed VTs and our dead one, which one stands out as different?

just askin
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:52 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:SK in a 9-player game? I don't think the flavor suggests SK at all, nor do I see how you make a pattern assumption on 3 given names. Are you implying both VTs are lying?

How many VTs would you need considering the size of the game??

SKs kill with a knife.

It's been suggested that popular setups for 9 players have a majority of VTs.

I think you're over-meta-gaming on the SK/knife. The flavor also said the knife is still in the body, and gave the impression the next kill will be using a different weapon. If it was an SK, wouldn't he keep his knife?

Iron Butterfly wrote:Am I implying BOTH are lieing? No...but anything is possible and one can assume nothing. If you play that Seseme Street Game called, "Which One of these things doesnt belong, which one of these things is different from the others..." between the two claimed VTs and our dead one, which one stands out as different?

just askin

Snowbo obviously stands out from Dan and Steve. But if there's a Dan, there could easily be a Steve, and vice versa. Unless they're both lying, neither seems odd.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:56 pm

I think it's a little strange that jonty mixed in "normal" names with "odd" names. Steve and Dan are a bit of a leap from Frizzy and Snowbo. My name would also fall in the "odd" category. But as I pointed out in my first D2 post, he did seem to confirm them, unless the flavor is there to fool us. I don't know if this is worth paying attention to or not; just making a note of it.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Lets say your Mafia. You have been assigned your role. You get to L2 and have to claim but have no idea how the names are set up? All you know is that the theme is "Office" mafia.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Lets say your Mafia. You have been assigned your role. You get to L2 and have to claim but have no idea how the names are set up? All you know is that the theme is "Office" mafia.

Well yes, but given that is is not a themed game, all you have to do is claim VT and use your real rolename. I suppose the godfather doesn't have this option, but I have a hard time believing that a goon would intentionally choose a different name.

Incidentally I saved IB last night.
Captain safariguy5

Postby nàme on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:44 pm

has anyone thought about the possibility of there being two different name styles, just to confuse us? i mean, an office isnt exactly going to have everyone with the same style name, or maybe other people have hidden conditions (if that is in play?)
Major nàme

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:47 pm

nàme wrote:has anyone thought about the possibility of there being two different name styles, just to confuse us? i mean, an office isnt exactly going to have everyone with the same style name, or maybe other people have hidden conditions (if that is in play?)

I think the Night scene talked about a cult...maybe we have an SKer and some sort of cult?

Although if that is true, town has little to no shot in this game.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:51 pm

jonty125 wrote:As all office staff they bickered a lot. One man tried to hang himself, for there was no internet connection and no contact with the outside world. One decided they would get serious and blindly follow someone, but the others pointed out the holes in his strategy. Conversation began to lull so they picked on the quiet guy. Pretty understandable as he was New Boy Dan and had no special powers. 2 memebrs of the office started bickering about whether they were saying to throw in the towel or not. One woman & one man said we might as well give up and the office turned on them. The man was Steve the Joker who couldn't resist using his sarcasm while claiming. The woman took a while to claim but she eventually did. Frizzy, Town Doctor. Everyone instantly backed off. One shouted "Save Yourself". She replied "I can't". The shouty man cursed "You could have pretended!". After all the revelations of the day the town agreed to turn off the lights & see what fate awaited them.

A couple notes from the story...

1. It's just a story. Any good mod will create the story around what actually happened during discussions. Don't read into it.
2. How did I get to be shouty man? :lol: MAYBE I'LL START TYPING IN ALL CAPS TO FIT MY ROLE.
3. It's just a story, don't read into it.
4. New Boy Dan and Steve the Joker fit perfectly with Dave the Geek and Fat Fred (NPC).
5. It's just a story.

Anyhow, I'm not sure how the heck safari is still alive? Are the mafia that dumb? I think not. Nobody leaves the doc alive. So, what happened? This is going to bother me...but I'll move on. Now I have to re-read and figure out what next...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby nàme on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:30 pm

yeah, it seemed like a no brainer for the mafia to kill safari. but now we have to look into another person again, which will be... difficult, considering what happened yesterday
Major nàme

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:51 pm

There must be a cop in game so hopefully by day 3 we can have an understanding of who some of us are.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:16 pm

jonty125 wrote:Many people were creeping around the office last night. Some decided to stay asleep in their beds floor space. But one mans intentions were malicious. He decided to kill the one most similar to their cult. The man who was prepared for all things virtual. Is no longer in reality. And is now playing WoW and Minecraft with some Asian girl in dreamland.

DJfireside - Snowbo (Vanilla Townie) is dead. The knife still remains in his body so how will the next victim die :twisted:.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to be lynched by telephone cord. Deadline is Monday, 5 March at 1600 GMT.

Bolded refers to a cult. That either is referring to the mafia group or an actual cult. I'm leaning towards mafia because they have a killing role. Cult recruiters don't generally recruit people.

On the other hand, the person may be an SKer and there is also a cult out there.

Or it could be a person who can choose to kill/recruit. I'm not sure, but it's possible that we're dealing with a mafia with different abilities. Could explain why they didn't kill the me last night.

Or it could be that I'm reading too deeply into the flavor and mafia just chose someone else. It's possible they feared we had a watcher or something.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:21 am

*smacks his forhead*

Uhm why is DJ green? Maybe someone posted and I missed it but usually Town are Blue, Mafia Red, Third parties orange.

Fat Fred the Survivor starts our game orange.

Did we miss the obvious or am I wrong?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:46 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:*smacks his forhead*

Uhm why is DJ green? Maybe someone posted and I missed it but usually Town are Blue, Mafia Red, Third parties orange.

My role PM was green as well. You'd only find this strange if yours wasn't.

vote Iron Butterfly
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:34 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:*smacks his forhead*

My role PM was green as well. You'd only find this strange if yours wasn't.

vote Iron Butterfly

LOL...I looked at it just once and it didnt register. Very stupid oversight on my part. Gawd. Not much I can say in my defense.
In a small game like this the good news is that drunkenmonly has proven he is Town. I will have no chouce but to claim.

I am Baldie Town Jailer...I protected safari last night.

Sorry for the mess up. Im playing two other games and wasnt thinking.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:07 am

why is there a town jailer in the office?
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:16 am

Two protective roles? Or is it more likely mafia let safari live so one of them had an alibi today?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:56 pm

This is the way I see it.

Drunken Monkey, Safari amd myself are town. We have a pool of 5 to choose from. There is most likely two folks in play we are searching for.

There is probobly a cop as well. The cop will have a pool of four to choose from.

In that pool of four our claimed Vanilla Townies are included.

Although I screwed up with my color not registering...it may be a blessing in disguise as we can narrow down our suspect pool.

I would like to know everyones opinion on having our cop come forward. personally I think it would be a great idea as it could narrow the pool further.

Obviously this is all based on weather folks choose to beleive me.

As far as why Dj was targeted? It seems like the safer kill in my opinion. There is little room for error so why take the chance taht your doc may have a watcher...In my case that would have been voided..but they didnt and still dont know whats out there.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:why is there a town jailer in the office?

Maybe the zerox machine was broken at his jail and he needed to make copies?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Good point ib :P
But I would assume the mod would think that through ?!?!
Idk just seems wierd to me lol
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:This is the way I see it.

Drunken Monkey, Safari amd myself are town. We have a pool of 5 to choose from. There is most likely two folks in play we are searching for.

There is probobly a cop as well. The cop will have a pool of four to choose from.

In that pool of four our claimed Vanilla Townies are included.

Although I screwed up with my color not registering...it may be a blessing in disguise as we can narrow down our suspect pool.

I would like to know everyones opinion on having our cop come forward. personally I think it would be a great idea as it could narrow the pool further.

Obviously this is all based on weather folks choose to beleive me.

As far as why Dj was targeted? It seems like the safer kill in my opinion. There is little room for error so why take the chance taht your doc may have a watcher...In my case that would have been voided..but they didnt and still dont know whats out there.

Jailer? Doesn't seem to make much sense to have two protective town roles given we know there are VT's in the game. I don't see you as cleared at all IB, simply because town jailer is a really easy fakeclaim for the mafia roleblocker. Think about it, you could just roleblock me for the rest of the game, claim that you're helping town, and then endgame me as mafia faction wins. Perfect cover for a fakeclaim, especially considering I was not killed last night.

I just want to say that for the record, I find it unlikely that town would have a watcher in a 9 player game unless it was a non vanilla game (which it isn't).

unvote vote Iron Butterfly
Captain safariguy5

Postby nàme on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:why is there a town jailer in the office?

why is there a doctor in the office?

regardless, i do think something is fishy with iron butterfly. he definitly seems like he is hiding something, although it cold just be because of the circumstances. considering the losses we would have if IB was telling the truth, i will hold off for half a day so he can give himself another opportunity to explain himself further.
Major nàme

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives