Conquer Club

Themeless twisted mafia Day 2. No deaths, 13/14 alive.

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Themeless twisted mafia Day 2. No deaths, 13/14 alive.

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:03 am

DoomYoshi wrote:And as for aage's hypothesis, while I am willing to entertain it, I am not willing to entertain it now.

@jonty: why the f*ck would I claim? I already outright said I am trying to lay low this game so major FOS at you for rolefishing.

Why would any of us join the vote unless we have some reason to trust you?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby jonty125 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 am

DoomYoshi wrote:And as for aage's hypothesis, while I am willing to entertain it, I am not willing to entertain it now.

@jonty: why the f*ck would I claim? I already outright said I am trying to lay low this game so major FOS at you for rolefishing.

Lay low, you voted someone, without posting a reason.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby pancakemix on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:51 am

jonty125 wrote:

Lay low, you voted someone, without posting a reason.

I'd agree, I wouldn't call that laying low by any stretch. Laying low is exactly what you're not doing.

Either way, your argument doesn't seem to make much sense, especially considering Neb wasn't lynched at the time of your argument and anyone could have unvoted. It could just as easily be applied to any of the other 7 people on that lynch, including you. So tell me: why specifically is superkeener measured and found wanting here?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 am

I wasn't voting so that neb could be resurrected. Nor was anyone else, as far as I can tell.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:53 am

FOS pcm for assuming a hammer case, when I didn't make one.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: An old schooled themeless twisted mafia game.DAY 1

Postby aage on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:08 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
aage wrote:
superkeener wrote:I see no reason why a neb lynch shouldn't happen. With that being said, I don't think it is necessarily our best option. And before you ask me who is a better option, at this point, I have no idea.

superkeener wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Lynch me. I'll take shape's place. :)

you got it,

UNVOTE
VOTE NEB

that was the hammer

DoomYoshi wrote:unovte
vote neb
Not a lot there.

I suspect it has to do with your role, but since apparently we don't get to see the role of people who died you're going to have to elaborate.

Interesting that you said role and NOT alignment.

Doom's alignment will tell us virtually nothing on day 2. His role would be far more interesting, because I expected him to have gotten information from last night. Plus, Doom would never tell us even if he were scum.

It appears he hasn't, though. Saying that voting for Neb was a scum move is hypocritical on your part, Doom. I quoted your vote on Neb because it was cast after Superkeener voted for Neb (technically just reasserted, but a vote is a vote).

I can see your motive-argument hold water, though. Superkeener said he saw no reason, and then voted because apparently Neb replacing Shape was a good reason. I say we humour you for the moment and see what Superkeener has to say.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:18 pm

My original vote also came after neb's plea bargain, and also was caused by it, but because I didn't buy it, not because I thought it was a good idea.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:15 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Either a) he was being serious about obliging neb. If this is the case, as I've explained, it means he is scum, since there is no reason for a town player to kill another townie if he knows that he is a VT.
or b)he is blindly BWing.

I am guessing a).
I already made the case yesterday... it seems nobody caught on.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you but I think it is perfectly reasonable for town to lynch a VT. In fact I would say its the best outcome for day 1 (besides lynching scum which is unlikely at that point).

Neb (a claimed VT) asked to be lynched and super keener obliged. I don't see why its a big deal.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:25 pm

thechuck51 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Either a) he was being serious about obliging neb. If this is the case, as I've explained, it means he is scum, since there is no reason for a town player to kill another townie if he knows that he is a VT.

I am guessing a).

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you but I think it is perfectly reasonable for town to lynch a VT. In fact I would say its the best outcome for day 1 (besides lynching scum which is unlikely at that point).

Neb (a claimed VT) asked to be lynched and super keener obliged. I don't see why its a big deal.

If you know someone is VT, it isn't reasonable at all. If we had an innocent child, would you lynch that player?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby aage on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:29 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
thechuck51 wrote:

I am guessing a).

If you know someone is VT, it isn't reasonable at all. If we had an innocent child, would you lynch that player?

An innocent child isn't similar to someone claiming VT. You never know someone is a VT, anyone can claim it for all the good it does them.

On the other hand, why vote for someone solely because they ask to be lynched?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:56 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Presume for a moment that I am not randomly voting. Why would I vote superkeener?

There could be several.

1) You have used a night action and found him to be mafia.

2) You have your own theory as to why you believe him mafia, which you believe is not a random vote.

3)We have not addressed the elephant in the living room. I suspect we have a role in play that hides who a player is upon their death. Unless someone can come up with another explanation can we assume that will happen again? If that is the case then you could be mafia taking advantage of this fact.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby spiesr on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:16 pm

aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:If you know someone is VT, it isn't reasonable at all. If we had an innocent child, would you lynch that player?
An innocent child isn't similar to someone claiming VT. You never know someone is a VT, anyone can claim it for all the good it does them.
Right, superkeener presumably wouldn't have known if Neb was a VT or not (although if he was scum he could make a pretty good guess). However, from his posts it rather looks like superkeener believed Neb's claim of VT. Which would mean that he was willing to lynch someone he believed to be town.
Iron Butterfly wrote:3)We have not addressed the elephant in the living room. I suspect we have a role in play that hides who a player is upon their death. Unless someone can come up with another explanation can we assume that will happen again? If that is the case then you could be mafia taking advantage of this fact.
Well, it could be possible that coming up as unknown was a trait of Neb's role specifically, although freezie's comment saying that no dead players would be able to replace seems to point to it being in place across the board. The only role that I can think of offhand that hides a player's role is the (Mafia) Janitor. However, the version I am familiar with only applies to the mafia's kills, not the lynch. Right now I am operating under the assumption that (one of?) this game's twist is that roles aren't revealed upon death (until we see a nightkill it is unclear if this is for the lynch only). If this is the case is raises some pretty significant questions about how this will affect strategy.
Captain spiesr

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:55 pm

it could be that there is a reviver type role out there, but the only way that i could see the alignement remaining unknown is that, the revived come back under the reviver, so possible third party group out there
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Can you think of a role that would not reveal upon death? I have only played in games where outside forces have such an effect.

If as you suggest this is a blanket effect, the "twist", then that would give a decided advantage to mafia as Town would be completely blind. So we either have an imbalanced game, which I highly doubt or roles which would help circumnavigate this effect.

I find it more probable that we have a mafia role and that once discovered and killed the problem would be solved.

i guess we will find out tonight.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby edocsil on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Can you think of a role that would not reveal upon death? I have only played in games where outside forces have such an effect.

If as you suggest this is a blanket effect, the "twist", then that would give a decided advantage to mafia as Town would be completely blind. So we either have an imbalanced game, which I highly doubt or roles which would help circumnavigate this effect.

I find it more probable that we have a mafia role and that once discovered and killed the problem would be solved.

There could be a coroner or something. That would result in ??? deaths in some games.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:24 pm

spiesr wrote:
aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:If you know someone is VT, it isn't reasonable at all. If we had an innocent child, would you lynch that player?
Right, superkeener presumably wouldn't have known if Neb was a VT or not (although if he was scum he could make a pretty good guess). However, from his posts it rather looks like superkeener believed Neb's claim of VT. Which would mean that he was willing to lynch someone he believed to be town.
Iron Butterfly wrote:3)We have not addressed the elephant in the living room. I suspect we have a role in play that hides who a player is upon their death. Unless someone can come up with another explanation can we assume that will happen again? If that is the case then you could be mafia taking advantage of this fact.
Well, it could be possible that coming up as unknown was a trait of Neb's role specifically, although freezie's comment saying that no dead players would be able to replace seems to point to it being in place across the board. The only role that I can think of offhand that hides a player's role is the (Mafia) Janitor. However, the version I am familiar with only applies to the mafia's kills, not the lynch. Right now I am operating under the assumption that (one of?) this game's twist is that roles aren't revealed upon death (until we see a nightkill it is unclear if this is for the lynch only). If this is the case is raises some pretty significant questions about how this will affect strategy.

I'd think that if Neb knew his role would be hidden on death, he wouldn't have claimed VT. That clearly is not VT. It's possible that this is one of the twists of the game, but we won't know for sure until the next lynch. That said, I'm not following Doom's logic here. There were votes for neb after superkeener as well, I don't see what makes superkeener special. Especially odd is that with Neb's role hidden, we don't actually know if he was VT or not, so Doom's case still operates on unknown data.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:15 pm

No it doesn't.

Here's a deal: you vote me thinking that I will be replaced. Why am I being replaced? Because I am a VT. Name another (non-survivor) role that can replace into a game. If you think I am being replaced, therefore you think I am town. Therefore you are voting for town knowing full well the result.

How neb flipped has nothing to do with anything. All that matters is what superkeener thought when he dropped the vote. The timing doesn't matter, the other votes don't matter. You are all just murking up the case for no reason.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:31 pm

edocsil wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:Can you think of a role that would not reveal upon death? I have only played in games where outside forces have such an effect.

There could be a coroner or something. That would result in ??? deaths in some games.

http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Coroner

You must be confusing the roles. With someone playing as long as yourself I find it odd you mentioned coroner instead of janitor. Could you remind us again which games you played in that had a coroner that hid bodies??

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby aage on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:26 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
edocsil wrote:

http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Coroner

You must be confusing the roles. With someone playing as long as yourself I find it odd you mentioned coroner instead of janitor. Could you remind us again which games you played in that had a coroner that hid bodies??

A coroner circumnavigates the problem, I think that's what Edocsil is saying. Here's what you're looking for:

http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Janitor

Haven't seen it pass by on this mafia forum, though. Read some more wiki's.
I'm very curious as to whether the mafia does know what Neb's role was:
the Janitor will conceal their role from the rest of the town.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby edocsil on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:22 am

Yeah, you see the "clue variant" That means all deaths are hidden, and the coroner has to look at them to reveal the identity. Janitor is a night action typically, and that would impossible to be used to conceal a lynching.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby jonty125 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:45 am

I don't think we have a coroner, just because I haven't seen it on CC before but I could be wrong.

If we did have a coroner, I can't see them claiming unless someone lied about their role, so that we don't lynch the counter-claim.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:45 am

If we do have a coroner, I think he's being a complete dick atm for leaving us in the dark. Since I don't think any of you are dicks, the ability is probably mafia-aligned.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby jonty125 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 am

aage wrote:If we do have a coroner, I think he's being a complete dick atm for leaving us in the dark. Since I don't think any of you are dicks, the ability is probably mafia-aligned.

Would you really oust yourself over a VT claim though, assuming Neb is who he said he was?
Cook jonty125

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:43 pm

aage wrote:If we do have a coroner, I think he's being a complete dick atm for leaving us in the dark. Since I don't think any of you are dicks, the ability is probably mafia-aligned.

Did you even read your link about a janitor and my link on coroner? If a janitor is in game, which I suspect, then having a mafia coroner would be impossible. The roles are made to counteract each other.

If mafia do have a janitor it would be in their best interest to convince Town otherwise, which seems to be the case with yourself.

Your argument is highly suspect aage and down right scummy.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:38 pm

I am guessing a).

With no investigative result there's no way to know that a player is a townie. Part a) is invalid. Merely because Neb stated that he would be willing to replace does not mean he was town, he could've been using that as a bluff for all you know.

And you're all over the place, dude.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives