Conquer Club

Office Mafia ENDGAME!! TOWN WINS!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Office Mafia (8/9) D2: No Armour

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:48 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:This is the way I see it.

Drunken Monkey, Safari amd myself are town. We have a pool of 5 to choose from. There is most likely two folks in play we are searching for.

There is probobly a cop as well. The cop will have a pool of four to choose from.

In that pool of four our claimed Vanilla Townies are included.

Although I screwed up with my color not registering...it may be a blessing in disguise as we can narrow down our suspect pool.

I would like to know everyones opinion on having our cop come forward. personally I think it would be a great idea as it could narrow the pool further.

Obviously this is all based on weather folks choose to beleive me.

As far as why Dj was targeted? It seems like the safer kill in my opinion. There is little room for error so why take the chance taht your doc may have a watcher...In my case that would have been voided..but they didnt and still dont know whats out there.

Jailer? Doesn't seem to make much sense to have two protective town roles given we know there are VT's in the game. I don't see you as cleared at all IB, simply because town jailer is a really easy fakeclaim for the mafia roleblocker. Think about it, you could just roleblock me for the rest of the game, claim that you're helping town, and then endgame me as mafia faction wins. Perfect cover for a fakeclaim, especially considering I was not killed last night.

I just want to say that for the record, I find it unlikely that town would have a watcher in a 9 player game unless it was a non vanilla game (which it isn't).

unvote vote Iron Butterfly

I didnt expect to be cleared. I am not going to waste time trying to defend against a stupid mistake. Either you beleive me or you dont. Someone questioned the possibility you may be not who you say. I beleive who you are 100% because of your name. When you claimed I had no doubt.

If you are going to lynch me, and honestly I would probobly lynch me as well, you better decide how your going to handle the game tonight

It bothers me that the two Claimed VTs have Discriptive names while our dead one has a single name. THAT is the only evidence you have so far.

I may have even lost the game for Town and my apologies.
All I can offer is what we have to go on. Know that DM is Town. Safari, know that you know DM is Town.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:38 pm

So here's what we have to work with:
Players
1. safariguy5 Frizzy the Doctor
2. MoB Deadly No claim

4. Nebuchadnezer no claim
5. new guy1 no claim
6. Iron Butterfly Claimed Baldie, town jailer
7. Some7hingCLEVER - Claimed New Guy Dan - vT
8. drunkmonkey - no claim
9. nàme - Claimed Steve the Joker

Dead
3. Djfireside - Snowbo (Vanilla Townie)[/quote]

I have no idea where we are going here. Therefore, I will go back to my initial vote...

VOTE DRUNKMONKEY
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby new guy1 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:40 pm

i dont think DM is scum at all. and anyways, we can get the cop to check him out tonight if we think of him as scum.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby drunkmonkey on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:09 am

So, we're ignoring the discussion on IB and going back to random votes and directing the cop?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:14 am

drunkmonkey wrote:So, we're ignoring the discussion on IB and going back to random votes and directing the cop?

Who said you had to ignore the IB case? Just because I chose to ignore it, doesn't mean you have to. Drive at IB all you like. I'm sticking with my first vote on Day 1. That's a whole lot of assumptions you just made from my post...

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:16 am

Murf...wasn't just my post...now I understand the "directing the cop" comment...

Postby drunkmonkey on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Can you prod MoB Deadly? Haven't heard from him today.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Ok so there are two protective roles in a small game like this
Idk this doesn't sit well with me
Especially since in his post he is acting very panicky and seems to try to cover it up by saying maybe its a blessing in Disguise ?
And that he won't try to defend himself..again seems panicky
And you'd kill yourself as well?
Uhh if you were town u would kill yourself?
I feel like your all over the place and I dont like it therefore
Vote Iron Butterfly
Hope this is mot a hammer so other people have a chance to say something but It just doesn't sit well with me
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby jonty125 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Prod Sent
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Vote Count

Iron Butterfly (3)- drunkmonkey, safariguy5, Some7hingCLEVER
Drunkmonkey (1) - Nebuchadnezer,

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to be lynched by telephone cord. Deadline is Monday, 5 March at 1600 GMT.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby MoB Deadly on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Prod received - was definitely going to post today anyway, I wanted to post on Friday but ended up not having time. It seems like to me we have a fairy easy chance to catch scum here.

Iron Butterfly wrote:*smacks his forhead*

Uhm why is DJ green? Maybe someone posted and I missed it but usually Town are Blue, Mafia Red, Third parties orange.

Fat Fred the Survivor starts our game orange.

Did we miss the obvious or am I wrong?

I see this as a scumslip, he should of known we are Green.

Iron Butterfly wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:

Uhm why is DJ green? Maybe someone posted and I missed it but usually Town are Blue, Mafia Red, Third parties orange.

My role PM was green as well. You'd only find this strange if yours wasn't.

vote Iron Butterfly

LOL...I looked at it just once and it didnt register. Very stupid oversight on my part. Gawd. Not much I can say in my defense.
In a small game like this the good news is that drunkenmonly has proven he is Town. I will have no chouce but to claim.

I am Baldie Town Jailer...I protected safari last night.

Sorry for the mess up. Im playing two other games and wasnt thinking.

I dont like "Baldie" as a name claim either. I could see it being a nick name, but not his real name. And claiming Jailor is an easy way to fake a mafia roleblocker.

vote IB
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:44 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Prod received - was definitely going to post today anyway, I wanted to post on Friday but ended up not having time. It seems like to me we have a fairy easy chance to catch scum here.

Iron Butterfly wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:

vote Iron Butterfly

LOL...I looked at it just once and it didnt register. Very stupid oversight on my part. Gawd. Not much I can say in my defense.
In a small game like this the good news is that drunkenmonly has proven he is Town. I will have no chouce but to claim.

I dont like "Baldie" as a name claim either. I could see it being a nick name, but not his real name. And claiming Jailor is an easy way to fake a mafia roleblocker.

vote IB

You have a Thesarus of game names? Your argument is that my name sucks? So if my name was Snowbo or Bowflex I would have passed muster?

I have no argument against my silly mess up. I looked at my PM once and knew I was jail keeper. The color didnt register.
If Im lynched and and you see my dumbass name spelled BALDIE you better sure as hell look at those two who claimed VT earlier.
You will have nothing else to go on and it should make perfect sense to others if true.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Even so im a noob like literally joined less than a month ago and even I would have checked my pm before calling someone out on something like that
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:Prod received - was definitely going to post today anyway, I wanted to post on Friday but ended up not having time. It seems like to me we have a fairy easy chance to catch scum here.

Iron Butterfly wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:

vote Iron Butterfly

vote IB

You have a Thesarus of game names? Your argument is that my name sucks? So if my name was Snowbo or Bowflex I would have passed muster?

I have no argument against my silly mess up. I looked at my PM once and knew I was jail keeper. The color didnt register.
If Im lynched and and you see my dumbass name spelled BALDIE you better sure as hell look at those two who claimed VT earlier.
You will have nothing else to go on and it should make perfect sense to others if true.

Wait, why are we making assumptions about names being the reason we visit past claims? IF we do indeed have a jailer, I'd figure it would have to be a NV game, seeing as how 2 protective town roles makes it a lot harder for mafia to get kills in. I'm still pretty sure IB is a mafia roleblocker.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:13 pm

No disrespect to you safari but you may know alot about mafia but you are not always right.
You can assume all you wish. Im just trying to point somthing helpful out Town to use in what I consider a foregone conclusion at this point.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:06 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:No disrespect to you safari but you may know alot about mafia but you are not always right.
You can assume all you wish. Im just trying to point somthing helpful out Town to use in what I consider a foregone conclusion at this point.

Unless you're the mod IB, trying to meta alignment based on character names is not very helpful (see Memebase Mafia). I personally don't think the names are going to tell us very much.
Captain safariguy5

Postby nàme on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:33 am

something is definitely wrong here. vote Iron Butterfly
Major nàme

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:05 am

nàme wrote:something is definitely wrong here. vote Iron Butterfly

Good luck folks. *GRIN* MY BAD.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:06 am

Is that a lynch?
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:Even so im a noob like literally joined less than a month ago and even I would have checked my pm before calling someone out on something like that

who exactly did I call out? I was simply trying to brainstorm ways to get beyond the fact that everyone has been staring at their belly buttons. I simply asked why DJ was green. Im so us to being Town I have started to take it for granted that the color is blue.

I checked my PM and knew I was a jail keeper and yes i am green.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Some7hingCLEVER wrote:Even so im a noob like literally joined less than a month ago and even I would have checked my pm before calling someone out on something like that

who exactly did I call out? I was simply trying to brainstorm ways to get beyond the fact that everyone has been staring at their belly buttons. I simply asked why DJ was green. Im so us to being Town I have started to take it for granted that the color is blue.

I checked my PM and knew I was a jail keeper and yes i am green.

If you indeed are a jailkeeper, I think we should look very hard at the people who claimed VT because a game where we have both a town doctor and jailkeeper makes me think that it should be NV and 2 VT's doesn't make sense.

So really, we agree on revisiting the VT claims, but the reasoning is different. I don't like using meta on character flavor simply because it's unreliable.
Captain safariguy5

Postby drunkmonkey on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:17 pm

That, or we revisit safari's doctor claim.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:43 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:That, or we revisit safari's doctor claim.

What exactly would you suggest we revisit?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby drunkmonkey on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:53 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I'm not exactly sure. It's not like we can test it. I just think if the problem is that 2 protective roles can't exist in a VT-heavy game, we also have to consider the fact that there might not be two protective roles. I guess it all depends on how you really turn up.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:40 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

I'm not exactly sure. It's not like we can test it. I just think if the problem is that 2 protective roles can't exist in a VT-heavy game, we also have to consider the fact that there might not be two protective roles. I guess it all depends on how you really turn up.

If your not exactly sure and you cant test it why suggest it?

If I hear you correctly you are saying there cant be two protective roles in a game such as this. If I am lynched and turn out to be Jail Keeper are you implying that Safari would be lying?

I may be on the hot seat but I really question the way you speak in absolutes.

All we really have is one dead confirmed VT and several claims. You can assume it might be VT heavy but that by no means makes it so.
Captain Iron Butterfly

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives