Conquer Club

Infection: The Flood are here (2/9) INFECTION WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Infection: Day 4: Officer down (5/9)

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:19 pm

militant wrote:I've been busy with a birthday party and other things. I'll re-read tomorrow and catch up. Sorry.

although Im dead..Id like to sincerely thank you for your input through out the game. You piss me off!
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jak111 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:54 pm

Gonna get Jonty to replace Militant, hopefully he's online soon enough to replace him..

Tomorrow is unacceptable militant, sorry but going 2-3 day/night phases without activity is resulting in a replacement. If you sign up to a game with deadlines like this you must be ready to either be active or ask for a replacement if you're busy.

Also, I'm noting you down onto a small notepad. Join any more of my games and you don't bother trying to either be active or ask for a replacement (Yet you have enough time to say you've been busy and read the prod I sent you earlier all within different time hours...), you'll be blacklisted from further games. It's unfair to the rest of the guys playing that you pick to not at least say anything or attempt to get a replacement.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby militant on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Look, I'm very sorry. I feel really shit that I've let you guys down, and the mod, as I know what it's like to mod on this site, it is where I first played mafia after all. I also don't want to be blacklisted or for my reputation (what's left of it) to be tarnished. How about another chance or is that too much to ask?

My character's name is on the webpage quoted. I'm Avery Johnson and I have the power of being an unlynchable townie and I presume that this fits with the video game. I've re-read and will be keeping up very intently from now if you'll allow me to continue. As soundman is at L-1 and I'm back and capable of lynching him, I'll expect a claim from him before the deadline.
Guys I am intentionally lurking. Discuss; Play mafia, it is good.
Oderint Dum Metuant says: Don't confuse the easily confused!
Sergeant 1st Class militant

Postby militant on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:02 pm

militant wrote:Look, I'm very sorry. I feel really shit that I've let you guys down, and the mod, as I know what it's like to mod on this site, it is where I first played mafia after all. I also don't want to be blacklisted or for my reputation (what's left of it) to be tarnished. How about another chance or is that too much to ask?

My character's name is on the webpage quoted. I'm Avery Johnson and I have the power of being an unlynchable townie and I presume that this fits with the video game. I've re-read and will be keeping up very intently from now if you'll allow me to continue. As soundman is at L-1 and I'm back and capable of lynching him, I'll expect a claim from him before the deadline.

Okay, upon a more astute evaluation of the deadline, I'm going to Vote Soundman. Providing we no lynch today and a further two die in the night phase, that means the next day will be the final three and given the theories put forward aren't that strong and we're no nearer to understanding why two players are dying per night, lynch or lose will be as arbitary as it is today so I may as well vote for soundman, hope he is mafia, and if he isn't, hope only one die tonight and we have another chance tomorrow. It is a very long shot but given the mechanic and our lack of cases, I see no better approach.

Postby QoH on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:11 pm

DiM, the damn game is called Infection. You could be close, but then things are truly fucked up. I wouldn't even know what to do...

Question: DiM, are you able to protect people? Cause that would be nice, given the hit-list that seems to have my name at the top.

Also, to be sure I get this in, vote soundman. Can't risk having a mistake here.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:07 pm

so wait, is that a lynch?
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby soundman on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Well I'm busy through the morning and afternoon and come back to a lynch... Seriously? I was given info that could really help town but whatever. Since the scene hasn't been posted I'm still allowed to talk. I suspect that Dim and Q are the bad guys here. Probably too late now.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:50 pm

soundman wrote:Well I'm busy through the morning and afternoon and come back to a lynch... Seriously? I was given info that could really help town but whatever. Since the scene hasn't been posted I'm still allowed to talk. I suspect that Dim and Q are the bad guys here. Probably too late now.

what do you mean you were given info?
who gave you this info and why now? what happened in the previous days/nights that you haven;t been given any info?

also since no lynch scene was posted i assume you can still post. so if you have something that might help town now might be your last chance.

why do you suspect me and qoh are bad guys?
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:52 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:so wait, is that a lynch?

after missing a whole day that's all you have to say?
at least militant read some things, caught up on the action and voted.
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:52 pm

QoH wrote:Question: DiM, are you able to protect people?

nope, sorry.
Major DiM

Postby soundman on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:53 pm

DiM wrote:
soundman wrote:Well I'm busy through the morning and afternoon and come back to a lynch... Seriously? I was given info that could really help town but whatever. Since the scene hasn't been posted I'm still allowed to talk. I suspect that Dim and Q are the bad guys here. Probably too late now.

who gave you this info and why now? what happened in the previous days/nights that you haven;t been given any info?

also since no lynch scene was posted i assume you can still post. so if you have something that might help town now might be your last chance.

For leading a speed lynch. I understand that we're on limited time but really? There is still time left. I actually am not allowed to tell you. But I could use it to town's advantage.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby jak111 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:40 pm

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

DiM
Crazy
Soundman ~ DiM, QoH, Militant (LYNCHED)
QoH
Militant ~

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

Scene coming up shortly. I'll give Militant one last chance, but do not screw it up. Jonty hasn't answered his pm yet so I'll tell him about the situation and tell him to be on stand-by if needed. (I'm looking at you CMS)
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:45 pm

soundman wrote:For leading a speed lynch. I understand that we're on limited time but really? There is still time left. I actually am not allowed to tell you. But I could use it to town's advantage.

what do you mean you're not allowed to tell me?
you're already dead, so if you're indeed town and have valuable info, this is the last time you can use that info because at the end of the day the game ends for you.
you could at least claim your role. or is that forbidden too?
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:47 pm

ebwop.
fastposted by jak so i guess it is too late for any answers form soundman. but i still don't get why he could not say anything.
can the mod forbid a player to divulge such info? even the role?
what's that player supposed to claim?
Major DiM

Postby jak111 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Captainā€™s log
Frigate Halliday September 24th 2552

A few of our men have cornered Mark into a corner down in the shuttle bay. He made a quick dash for a pelican but the marines shot him down, damaging the pelican in the process. The techies were furious that theyā€™d have to repair the shuttle before it could be used again, however, their mood lightened when Vodeanā€™s missing eyeball and a few pieces of Jgordonā€™s skin were found in Markā€™s pockets.

Mark Steward (3rd party SK/Survivor) has been lynched!

Tonight the men can rest easy, although in the morning we will send out whatā€™s left of the troops to find and eliminate any Covenant hostiles.

Night Four START. Night ends July 3rd 12:55am EST

Fasposted by DiM x2. The information is private, his eyes only. Nothing further shall be discussed on the matter until endgame.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:52 am

soundman wrote:
DiM wrote:

For leading a speed lynch. I understand that we're on limited time but really? There is still time left. I actually am not allowed to tell you. But I could use it to town's advantage.

You dont comment the first several days and complain of a speed lych after 3 no lynch nights. Gimme a break...last gaspp cough cough...k Im dead.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Re: Infection: Night 4: The murderer is dead. (4/9)

Postby jak111 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Captainā€™s log
Frigate Halliday September 25th 2552

Last night was uneventful, save that we found yet ANOTHER body. DiM was a brave scientist. We believe he was researching something last night before he died. However all of it were on papers and all of the papers were completely drenched in his blood. Today I am sending out the final of our fire teams. Itā€™s either we find those Covenant bastards today, or we wont have enough men to man the ship come the morning. Iā€™m going with them once again to track these buggers down.

??? (DiM) Has been killed.

Day 5 START. Day ends July 3rd 10:10pm EST.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Crazy
QoH
Militant ~

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch!
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Re: Infection: Day 5: Last man standing (3/9)

Postby QoH on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:23 pm

DiM! Nooooooo....
Major QoH

Postby QoH on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:24 pm

I have no idea where to go from here. DiM was a huge part of the game, and now he's out of it. Considering I'm the last "real" player here, I'm going to throw some things out there. How much good it will do, I have no idea, since there's a very slim chance it will even be read by an active player :x

Alright, I'm going to do some heavy reading tomorrow morning, but I'm inclined to trust both CMS and Militant about as far as I can throw them. So not a lot. Neither have been very active at all this game, which is pretty scummy imo. However, Militant at least brought forth an excuse, albeit a really lame, and truthfully, not an exciting one (come on man, I was expecting more... maybe at a bachelors party where crazy shit happened, but a b-day party? ;) ) whereas CMS has virtually ignored this game, perhaps letting the killings be done while he doesn't have the chance to say anything incriminating.

Truthfully though, I can't even get a read on CMS. I don't think DiM did either. I don't think ANYONE did! He has made almost no useful contribution to the entire game. Sorry CMS, but it's true. Some people say that silence is a sign of scummy-ness. However, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and mix things up. I truthfully believe that his lack of silence is genuine disinterest in this variant on the game. I don't see how any mafia player could be so idiotic as to stay silent the almost the entire game. For this reason, and for this reason alone, I do not think that CMS is a mafia member.

And, since it seems that with a game of 9 players, and with there being 2 deaths in 1 night, I am inclined to agree with the scientist's (DiM's) theory that there may be an infection that the mafia gives to someone, and that person randomly ("picked" by jak) who was also killed. This would support the guess I have that there is only 1 mafia.

That brings me to MIlitant. Militant has been on the edge of the game the entire time. Yeah, he missed a few days and that hurt the entire game pretty bad, but he's chimed in at a few spots, never really committing one way or the other. This in itself is more incriminating that CMS since Militant had the opportunity to weigh in pretty heavily on a few things, but didn't.

Now, it seems like this is all speculation or psychological guesswork at this point, but, ladies and gentlemen, I am about to drop a bomb on y'all. Some cold hard facts.

I can back up whatever I've been saying with this information: I am a townie, Jacob Shepherd Spartan 202, and I have a few powers (killing, saving, tracking, watching). I can say that I tracked JG when there was a huge conspiracy around him, and found out that he was telling the truth when he said he had been watching people from the first night scene. He had visited CMS before he died, and CMS came up clean. Last night, I too watched CMS, who was visited by DiM who wanted more information on him. CMS, again, came up clean. While their various powers might have been different, DiM and JG both had a look at CMS and he came up clean in their eyes. If it was only one person who had visited CMS, I might have thought differently about this entire situation. But 2 green lights is hard to ignore.

Based on this information, vote militant.

CMS, I hope that you will follow suit, and put this game away.
Major QoH

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:38 pm

Vote Mil
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby jak111 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:56 pm

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Crazy
QoH
Militant ~ QoH, Crazy (L0)

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch!

ERROR! CANNOT BE LYNCHED!
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:18 am

LOL...such a cruel game this one has been.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:09 am

Oh, lawl.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby militant on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:13 am

QoH wrote:That brings me to MIlitant. Militant has been on the edge of the game the entire time. Yeah, he missed a few days and that hurt the entire game pretty bad, but he's chimed in at a few spots, never really committing one way or the other. This in itself is more incriminating that CMS since Militant had the opportunity to weigh in pretty heavily on a few things, but didn't.

I don't get this. I would draw the opposite conclusion form the information you've presented. When I posted on day two to suggest we random lynch for more information, that would be of disadvantage to me if I were mafia. And then when I posted again I claimed a character from the game (as far as I can tell from the website that was quoted) and my power, which has now been proven, but you wouldn't of known that. And then I lynched a serial killer. Anyway, I struggle to see how you'd consider me more suspicious than a player who has done nothing and has tried to attract no attention to himself at all, and has made it to the last day. If I were mafia, I'd probably have lurked like CMS has done, because in my experience, it works.

I like also how the same offence can be indicative of two different alignments. You say I hurt the town by not being active, which I did (sorry again) but didn't CMS's inactivity has the same effect? How is it that you allow CMS the excuse of disinterest but don't consider the same thing for me? No offence Jak.

QoH wrote:I can back up whatever I've been saying with this information: I am a townie, Jacob Shepherd Spartan 202, and I have a few powers (killing, saving, tracking, watching). I can say that I tracked JG when there was a huge conspiracy around him, and found out that he was telling the truth when he said he had been watching people from the first night scene. He had visited CMS before he died, and CMS came up clean. Last night, I too watched CMS, who was visited by DiM who wanted more information on him. CMS, again, came up clean. While their various powers might have been different, DiM and JG both had a look at CMS and he came up clean in their eyes. If it was only one person who had visited CMS, I might have thought differently about this entire situation. But 2 green lights is hard to ignore.

How do you know that CMS was clean on the night that JG tracked him? How does the fact that DiM visited CMS constitute a green light? I take it you are a JOAT then? Am I right in thinking that you still have your last two powers intact? I searched on google on could find no mention of a player with the name you provided. Avery Johnson smokes cigars though. Isn't it strange that on the two nights that each of the fore-mentioned players visited CMS, they died?

Okay, your vote is suspicious in the extreme because at the beginning of your post you said you were going to re-read, and yet by the end you'd voted me and encouraged an unconfirmed player (and one whom you've been very lenient on) to lynch me before I've even had a chance to speak. That isn't to mention my likely and now proven claim. How come you changed your mind in the time it took you to write your post?

crazymilkshake5 wrote:Vote Mil

Seriously? That couldn't have been quicker if you tried. You didn't even type my full name.

The deadline in GMT is three in the morning tomorrow so we have today to lynch. I'm guessing you two are going to turn against each other, but I'm also hoping you have something to say. I'll be back before the deadline.

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:38 am

so looks like Mil is a unlynchable townie... Vote QoH
hes gonna vote for me, so its up to you Mil... lol
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives