Conquer Club

PKMN Chap 2: Day 6(5/18)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ++Pokemon Chap 2: Struggle for Japan ++ (13/18)

Postby strike wolf on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Since I just got done with Hectic *waves to Tails...and chap* I'll join this though I'm not up to date on current pokemon.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:12 pm

strike wolf wrote:Since I just got done with Hectic *waves to Tails...and chap* I'll join this though I'm not up to date on current pokemon.

me neither :D actually just started playing FireRed
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Re: ++Pokemon Chap 2: Struggle for Japan ++ (14/18)

Postby Eldario on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:50 am

are we not 16 players signed up?
Private 1st Class Eldario

Postby Eldario on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:58 am

Eldario wrote:are we not 16 players signed up?

nvm zimmah tricked me..
Private 1st Class Eldario

Postby zimmah on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:01 am

shieldgenerator7 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Since I just got done with Hectic *waves to Tails...and chap* I'll join this though I'm not up to date on current pokemon.

i know all pokemon more or less except the black and white versions, never played that versions.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:54 am

shieldgenerator7 wrote:

woah bro your late i played that in middle school lolol
i think the most recent is black and white
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby pmchugh on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:15 am

Note to mod: there are only 151 pokemon the rest are all lies.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:27 am

pmchugh wrote:Note to mod: there are only 151 pokemon the rest are all lies.

haha ya the first 151 have good names the rest are bs names like turtwig...whoever came up with that needs to be punched in the neck
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby jonty125 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:41 am

In please. I won last time :D
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Re: ++Pokemon Chap 2: Struggle for Japan ++ (16/18)

Postby strike wolf on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:45 pm

I'm ok as long as we don't have the evolved form of scyther. That bleeping scissor pokemon pissed me off.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby zimmah on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:37 pm

strike wolf wrote:I'm ok as long as we don't have the evolved form of scyther. That bleeping scissor pokemon pissed me off.

even tho i don't hate scizor i think scyter is much cooler.

in fact, most of the original 151 pokemon are the best/coolest. not to say the later series are bad though.

arcanine is still my #1 pokemon of all time for the cute factor. As for the strongest (non-legendary) one, it's hard to choose and highly situational, there's not 1 pokemon that beats literaly every other pokemon in every situation, i beleive there may not be even 1 team of pokemon that would win every battle, as every team would have it's own weaknesses and strenghts. ofc. some teams are way better then others in most situations but still.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:50 pm

I think the problem with saying the new pokemon are poorer is the problem of nostalgia.

If the newer pokemon were all that there was, would pokemon be worse? I don't think so, but I may be wrong.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby pmchugh on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Yes because then there would be no pokemon! The rest are lies, lies I tell you.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:20 pm

zimmah wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I'm ok as long as we don't have the evolved form of scyther. That bleeping scissor pokemon pissed me off.

in fact, most of the original 151 pokemon are the best/coolest. not to say the later series are bad though.

arcanine is still my #1 pokemon of all time for the cute factor. As for the strongest (non-legendary) one, it's hard to choose and highly situational, there's not 1 pokemon that beats literaly every other pokemon in every situation, i beleive there may not be even 1 team of pokemon that would win every battle, as every team would have it's own weaknesses and strenghts. ofc. some teams are way better then others in most situations but still.

your thinking of growlithe of course !!
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby zimmah on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
zimmah wrote:

your thinking of growlithe of course !!

arcanine is cuter then growlithe, but growlithe is still a cute puppy. (and they often come with a nice female cop too)
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:30 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I think the problem with saying the new pokemon are poorer is the problem of nostalgia.

If the newer pokemon were all that there was, would pokemon be worse? I don't think so, but I may be wrong.

pokemon is great by the mechanics of it, and somewhat the social aspect of training and leveling them, kinda like an MMO, that being said, 'd love a WOW-like MMO made out of pokemon, but this will probably neever happen because nintendo won't do it themselves and nor will any company likely ever buy pokemon (nintendo wouldn't sell one of their most profitable series, t would be almost as bad as selling the mario franchise).
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:44 pm

zimmah wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I think the problem with saying the new pokemon are poorer is the problem of nostalgia.

pokemon is great by the mechanics of it, and somewhat the social aspect of training and leveling them, kinda like an MMO, that being said, 'd love a WOW-like MMO made out of pokemon, but this will probably neever happen because nintendo won't do it themselves and nor will any company likely ever buy pokemon (nintendo wouldn't sell one of their most profitable series, t would be almost as bad as selling the mario franchise).

The series doesn't have to be sold in order for other companies to have games made.

Most Pokemon games aren't made by Nintendo. Ditto for Mario. They usually do go out-of-house for the super successful franchises.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:51 pm

CUtest pokemon? Would have to be pikachu I think, or clefairy

I think my favorite's so far is Snorlax, because when I play nuzlocke and he dies and I release him he always comes back!
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby zimmah on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
zimmah wrote:

The series doesn't have to be sold in order for other companies to have games made.

Most Pokemon games aren't made by Nintendo. Ditto for Mario. They usually do go out-of-house for the super successful franchises.

nintendo still has to give permission
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby pancakemix on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:13 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
zimmah wrote:

Game Freak is still a Nintendo property.

Nintendo still won't do something like that. They're being creative in all the wrong ways (3DS, Wii U) and not changing things in any of the right ways. Hoppefully they get the dumb slapped out of them and actually fix this problem before it's too late.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Fircoal on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:52 pm

pancakemix wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
zimmah wrote:

Game Freak is still a Nintendo property.

Nintendo still won't do something like that. They're being creative in all the wrong ways (3DS, Wii U) and not changing things in any of the right ways. Hoppefully they get the dumb slapped out of them and actually fix this problem before it's too late.

3DS and Wii U are better ideas than the Wii itself imo, and look at how popular the Wii was. Besides Nintendo has a virtual monopoly on handheld games.

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
shieldgenerator7 wrote:

woah bro your late i played that in middle school lolol
i think the most recent is black and white

IT is.

Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino Minccino
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby pancakemix on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:07 pm

3DS and Wii U are better ideas than the Wii itself imo, and look at how popular the Wii was. Besides Nintendo has a virtual monopoly on handheld games

3D is a gimmick (and an awful one at that). So was motion control. Kinect and Move aren't doing well because the wow factor is gone. Wii U looks awful to hold and still isn't a media device.These are not good things.

That, and they posted record losses this past year. Never a good sign.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby zimmah on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:38 pm

pancakemix wrote:
3DS and Wii U are better ideas than the Wii itself imo, and look at how popular the Wii was. Besides Nintendo has a virtual monopoly on handheld games

3D is a gimmick (and an awful one at that). So was motion control. Kinect and Move aren't doing well because the wow factor is gone. Wii U looks awful to hold and still isn't a media device.These are not good things.

they did great on skyward sword though, totaly loved the direction they went with that, but the Wii just didn't bring a lot of great games and even though the Wii-mote was quite good for some games (especially wii motion plus, which is way underused) i expected more from the wii in terms of refreshing games.

3ds mostly just brings N64 classics with better graphics, not that those classics are bad though, just is it worth so much money just to play some classic games in 3d?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Fircoal on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:49 pm

pancakemix wrote:

*shrugs* Maybe it's just me but I focused on the things like more Pokemon games. x3

And yes motion control and 3D are silleh. If I recall teh Wii U correctly I liked its design.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:12 pm

So are you in Fircoal?

The new kid Icarus game looks pretty sweet
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives