Conquer Club

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia (16/20) - Day 3: Christmas Kid

Postby Minister Masket on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:00 pm

Nebuchadnezer replaces The Weird One!
spiesr replaces JamesKer1!

Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby Anarkistsdream on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:31 pm

FloresDelMal wrote:
Fos Anarks a mass claim will only benefit scum,

In no way did I make any inference of a mass claim, but thanks for seeing things the way you want to... I will assume it is the language barrier... ;)

MM, I would like an OFFICIAL votecount
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:The million dollar question is how do we whittle down the pool of players to lynch the right player?

We have had only two nights. Some Town have one set of question marked powers and some have two. Powers open up the longer people survive. With only two nights some players may not have received actions till night two. Some maybe not at all.
Some also have traditional roles that do not need to be activated.

With 4 Town dead and several factions so far Gallians are the only ones killed. I would be curious what the ratio may be of "good' vs "bad".

The good news is Federation must save the princess as well so it will be in their best interest to work with Town.

No... per the scene post, it's the Empire that needs to help to find the princess, not Federation... the Federation wants her dead for some reason. Maybe it's something like Galia and the Empire won't get night actions if she's killed, a more powerful beloved princess that affects 2 out of the 3? factions. Of course I kind of doubt we'll have any Empire players volunteering to reveal themselves just to find the guy, since they'd just get lynched themselves tomorrow.

With 2 "scum" factions it looks like, I'm guessing their groups can't be too big... one of the scene posts mentioned 4 people plotting, so maybe one of the factions has 4.

I'll wait until the vote count to see if Nag needs more pressure... the sooner we can find information from people the more likely we'll have success in finding the right guy without the day count making us lynch someone accidentally again.
Major HotShot53

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:36 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:The million dollar question is how do we whittle down the pool of players to lynch the right player?

Use our powers

We have had only two nights.

Yes

Some Town have one set of question marked powers and some have two.

This is an assumption, and, as such, I mark as dubious or fallacious... You seem to think this is the case, saying it in such a way that it occurs to me maybe you don't actually know WHAT town roles look like... I am sure there is another player out there who can catch onto this like I did... Your views of town roles has been the one killed on day one and the one killed on day 2... What about those of us who have three or four?

Powers open up the longer people survive. With only two nights some players may not have received actions till night two. Some maybe not at all.

This I would agree with

Some also have traditional roles that do not need to be activated.

What do you mean by this? Who, so far, has had a traditional role? You mean like Jonty being a politician? That is true, but you will still see multiple levels of unopened abilities on every character, so I don't know what help you are actually providing town.

With 4 Town dead and several factions so far Gallians are the only ones killed. I would be curious what the ratio may be of "good' vs "bad".

As would I

The good news is Federation must save the princess as well so it will be in their best interest to work with Town.

Why must they? In fact, the Gallians would be weakened and in a much more likely place to JOIN the Federation if she were dead. What do they "lose" if she is killed? In fact, the man who abducted her WORKS for the Federation!

I would still like to hear what Nagerous has to say about his whimsical play style and what his actual thoughts are about the game, but, at this time, I believe Iron Butterfly actually deserves my vote more than he does.

Strong FOS: IB

And what makes you more right? I would perhaps respect your opinion if you did not come across so arrogant.

edocsil - Wavy (Recruit, ???, ???) - Day 1 Lynch
Lootifer - Vyse Inglebard (Recruit, ???) - Night 1 Kill
jonty125 - Chancellor Borg (Politician, ???, ???) - Day 2 Lynch
The Forgiven One - Oscar Bielert (Recruit, Watcher, ???) - Night 2 Kill

I stand by what I said. Yes use our powers....OK wise one what do your super powers add to the conversation? tell us where the princess is will you? If you cant help in the slightest in this regard then your answer to the obvious is useless tripe and offers us nothing.

As far as traditional roles are concerned The Forgiven could easily be a recruit Watcher who had an unlocked power. Not everyone has multiple tiers as you suggest. The death of lootifer shows that.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Anarkistsdream on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:51 pm

Do you not think I started the discourse above to have nothing to offer? I need a good portion of this day though to reach my conclusions. We will see what comes of the vote count, first... You also answered none of my rebuttals... what makes me more right is that you can't dispute anything I have said. While I DO have something to bring to the table and have made, what I believe are very convincing points... if you can't rebuttal my points, well.... what should I think?

And are you blind... lootifer says recruit... he then has the question marks... that indicates TWO distinct roles/powers... I think you are cracking under pressure, mate.

Now, do you plan to defend my accusations against you for everyone, or are you just going to throw a tantrum?
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby spiesr on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:13 am

Confirm
I will be reading up and posting tomorrow.
Captain spiesr

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:51 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:Do you not think I started the discourse above to have nothing to offer? I need a good portion of this day though to reach my conclusions. We will see what comes of the vote count, first... You also answered none of my rebuttals... what makes me more right is that you can't dispute anything I have said. While I DO have something to bring to the table and have made, what I believe are very convincing points... if you can't rebuttal my points, well.... what should I think?

And are you blind... lootifer says recruit... he then has the question marks... that indicates TWO distinct roles/powers... I think you are cracking under pressure, mate.

Now, do you plan to defend my accusations against you for everyone, or are you just going to throw a tantrum?

You offer blind speculation and have the nerve to say I am the one making assumptions?

You have not said anything of relevance for me to rebut.

Why would you assume Recruit means anything? What if recruit simply means what it says....recruit as in"recruit" in the Gallian militia? I'm sure you have that all figured out though.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby nagerous on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:06 am

rishaed wrote:
ga7 wrote:f*ck, forum ate my post after too long inactivity. CC IS STUPEHD

Yay, would have picked nay if it was only for today but let's face it, with 14 players to pick from we have pretty low odds to start with, it'd be easier to hit scum randomly, and I do think the system is good to avoid days dragging too much. Frankly I'd prefer if we could pick at the start of every day, as I'm worried it could give way too much of an edge for scum at endgame, it really seems like a double-edged sword depending on the situation at hand.

Anyway, the scenes and reading more on the background made me realize there could be more factions at hand than I first thought of, and it's quite possible the princess' death would act as a "partial beloved", favouring only the GRA rebellion/federation, maybe with an extra kill or something. Which makes me think we now had 2 nights with only one kill, so I wonder if it wouldn't fit this to be a third party faction with no killing abilities. If that's the case, I think it was ultimately a good thing lynching jonty, as I kinda doubt his character would have stayed town, and while mafia politician is a fucking awful role for balance's sake, it would have made sense as a third party jerk.

Of course, that's all in hindsight so meh I need to reread last day and find the wagonners and scumariners such as myself :mrgreen: In any case, this game starts to remind me of a certain Star Wars game so I'll Vote Nag on the off chance he's the right pick and because of his very weak first post today (lessee if you remember that, punk ;))

ps: Melchie where are you =P~

pps: first day of holidays FINALLY YEHHH! Also I'm tipsy.

I will also Vote Nag looking back both he and gregwolf fit the full claim criteria set out by Flores, (a good starting point) and he's already got a vote on himself. That and his posts have had little to contribute so i think its partially justified.

Yeah, sorry I have been pretty busy - if you guys want I will claim whenever necessary as I feel nothing I will say will probably stop the momentum of the bandwagon other than claiming at this point. Needless to say lynching me will be pretty detrimental to the town so no itchy trigger fingers please.

Once we have got this out the way, it might be useful to view some of the voting patterns, to try and identify scum, my suspicions initially on the previous day unfortunately appear to be incorrect.
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:11 am

Family commitments over Xmas and Boxing Day and working Xmas Eve and yesterday = no fun for nag.
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:14 am

and if you want indications that I have actually been busy - I am in one game, I missed the damn turn in it..

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=13182204
Captain nagerous

Postby Minister Masket on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:07 pm

nagerous - 4 (ga7, rish, Nark, Flores)

That's it so far I believe. Nowhere near the lynch mark.

VC Votes:
Yay - I I I I I
Nay - I I

Looks like we're sticking with the new system. Huzzah!

Private Minister Masket

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Confirm.

I vote Nay to the countdown clock on votes. Especially, since only 7 of the 16 have voted, and the next few days are unlikely to see big activity. I have been loosely following along, but need to reread everything. At first glance, Iron stands out in the recent posts, but I'm not jumping on him yet. I hope to get a better post in tonight..right now, I must go make a snowman!

Oh, and just for grins...VOTE Nebuchadnezer
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby spiesr on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:23 pm

FloresDelMal wrote:Now about the princess, i think our best bet atm is to look carefully at the people that pressured the claim of virus, over all after he claimed princess, we need to look closely to the ppl who kept pushing a "full" claim in an obviously town role (seriously, that information only benefited scum).
I disagree here. Since Townshend and the Federation elected to capture the princess rather than assassinate her I assume they need her alive. I am going to extend this assumption into gameplay here and say that he would not have wanted virus lynched. Add to that with him likely having a bit a bit of info on Cordelia and virus's exact not role not likely being important to whatever is going on today and I think we have a situation where Townshend would not have pressed for anything extra on Day 2. I know this is a lot of assumptions, but I think it makes more sense than the reverse.
FloresDelMal wrote:
Despite the Federation's official support for Archduchess Cordelia as the legitimate leader of Gallia, Townshend brokered a deal with Gilbert Gassenarl that would see Gallia join the Federation should the GRA succeed in its rebellion
To me it sounds like an scum group, anyway i find narks point very interesting, i am not good at balance, what role do you think townshend could be?
Unless MM has slapped the events of the VC2 into the this game (which seems unlikely) I don't think this bit of wiki info is terribly helpful or that the GRA will be in this game.
Captain spiesr

Postby spiesr on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:That also makes me ASSUME that his thoughts on what will happen if we do NOT save Cordelia are correct. It may not be a Beloved princess in the grandiose sense, but it will certainly mean a huge advantage to the Empire.
According to the scene not lynching Townshend, thereby allowing the Federation to claim the princess, would be a detriment the the Empire and to Gallia.
Anarkistsdream wrote:So, if I view this as WWII, it really seems like both the Federation AND the Empire are evil... So, the only people that can be trusted are Gallians... However, Jonty's character came up blue, and he was NOT Gallian, so maybe we DO only have two or three factions, but the characters making up that faction may not be all huggy kissy with one another...
Jonty's character was Gallain, he was like the prime minister of Gallia or something.
Captain spiesr

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:19 am

Okay, reread. One thing was clear...town has been playing pretty poorly. The lynches on Edoc and Jonty were easily the best lynches. I was actually bothered by the fact that Jonty wasn't lynched immediately for his poor performance...yet Virus played even more poorly so as to draw attention to himself and force another easy claim. But I won't dwell on that as we need to find this Townsend character.

Here are some things I found...
Vote counts

show

MINISTER...if we are going to have this countdown lynch in place, you need to have more vote counts on a regular basis. It's a little ridiculous that you've posted only 4 votes counts, when they are so crucial with the counter ticking.

Other notes:

Newguy admits to not posting a lot, relying on his meta to clear him. However on D1 there was this post of his...Everyone had clearly discussed edoc's post and vote, etc., yet newguy brings it up like he's just found some hidden gem...even says nobody was looking at edoc...very odd.

new guy1 wrote:Sorry for the lack of posts. Thanksgiving and all that threw me for a loop, but I have managed to keep up. I want to Unvote as it just seems weird to still have my joke vote applied. Unfortunately, I have nothing to add after my absence, but I do find edoc's post peculiar:

show

That one ^

But I see its been overlooked by many. I dont know if this is cause hes a vet, or he gave reasons, but I didnt see reasons. For now, its just something for me to remember, but other than that, hope everyone enjoyed their holidays/lack of them.

fp

Nag's lack of posting and his waffling on Jonty caught my attention as well. Jonty was pretty self-incriminating with his posts and claims. He should have been hung much sooner.

Then there is Anarkistsdream. He has been leading town so far...and so far seems to be doing okay...except that he keeps throwing in false "facts" that are just confusing...

show

So, the only thing I could figure, as I have no real leads are the following:

1. Get Nag's claim...although, I'm quite sure we'll see a Gallian claim, but at least we can unvote him.
2. Look at the following four players...who, after Virus's claim all unvote and voted for Jonty. My thinking is that Townshend, having found the Princess would unvote and get a lynch quickly, so he could kidnap the Princess at night. Those four that fit this pattern are:

Flores, rishaed, safariguy, and kratos

Of these, I would order them safariguy, kratos, Flores and rishaed.

That's all I have.

Postby kratos644 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:16 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote: 2. Look at the following four players...who, after Virus's claim all unvote and voted for Jonty. My thinking is that Townshend, having found the Princess would unvote and get a lynch quickly, so he could kidnap the Princess at night. Those four that fit this pattern are:

Flores, rishaed, safariguy, and kratos

Of these, I would order them safariguy, kratos, Flores and rishaed.

That's all I have.
skimming already eh? I never voted for Jonty. I actually suggested we do a little more scumhunting first.
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Day 2: Shots Fired

Postby rishaed on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:53 am

kratos644 wrote:Fair enough, unvote. It looks like we're going with Jonty then? Are we ready to end the day or do we want to try and do a little further scum hunting first? It wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and end today now with a lynch of Jonty and use the night scene for discussion D3

The thing is you also weren't against it either. There is a line between suggesting we do Scum-hunting (passive), and bringing a case against someone (active). You chose a passive route which implies that it didn't really matter to you. In fact thats exactly what your last sentence says. So even if you didn't vote him you were supporting the lynch but chose not to put your actual vote there.

Also I still want a Nag claim, We'll figure out what to do after its out. Im sure that theres a doc in this game so as long as things aren't complicated you should be fine.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Anarkistsdream on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Ok ok... I have no concept of the setup, and it os confusing the hell out of me. Someone tell me the answer to this, so I can get my head wrapped around it...

Are darcsen the gallians? Are they federation? Are they gallians with powers? I am respecting MMs wish of us not looking at the wiki, but I am confused by the multiple terms used to describe the different factions...
Cook Anarkistsdream

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Day 2: Shots Fired

Postby kratos644 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:20 pm

[quote="rishaed"][quote="kratos644"]Fair enough, [color=#FF0000][b]unvote[/b][/color]. It looks like we're going with Jonty then? Are we ready to end the day or do we want to try and do a little further scum hunting first? It wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and end today now with a lynch of Jonty and use the night scene for discussion D3[/quote]
The thing is you also weren't against it either. There is a line between suggesting we do Scum-hunting (passive), and bringing a case against someone (active). You chose a passive route which implies that it didn't really matter to you. In fact thats exactly what your last sentence says. So even if you didn't vote him you were supporting the lynch but chose not to put your actual vote there.

Also I still want a Nag claim, We'll figure out what to do after its out. Im sure that theres a doc in this game so as long as things aren't complicated you should be fine.[/quote]
I agree there is definitely a difference between the two. I unfortunately didn't have any cases to push forward so I was seeing what direction the town as a while was hoping to pursue. That is why I suggested that we do some further scumhunting before the lynch, but if everyone thought it was the best option I didn't see it as an awful idea
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby spiesr on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:Are darcsen the gallians? Are they federation? Are they gallians with powers? I am respecting MMs wish of us not looking at the wiki, but I am confused by the multiple terms used to describe the different factions...
They are an ethnic group (that isn't tied to a specific country as far as I can tell) that everybody else hates. I don't think any particular character being one will be terribly relevant to anything in this game.
Captain spiesr

Postby nagerous on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:36 pm

ga7 wrote:f*ck, forum ate my post after too long inactivity. CC IS STUPEHD

Yay, would have picked nay if it was only for today but let's face it, with 14 players to pick from we have pretty low odds to start with, it'd be easier to hit scum randomly, and I do think the system is good to avoid days dragging too much. Frankly I'd prefer if we could pick at the start of every day, as I'm worried it could give way too much of an edge for scum at endgame, it really seems like a double-edged sword depending on the situation at hand.

Anyway, the scenes and reading more on the background made me realize there could be more factions at hand than I first thought of, and it's quite possible the princess' death would act as a "partial beloved", favouring only the GRA rebellion/federation, maybe with an extra kill or something. Which makes me think we now had 2 nights with only one kill, so I wonder if it wouldn't fit this to be a third party faction with no killing abilities. If that's the case, I think it was ultimately a good thing lynching jonty, as I kinda doubt his character would have stayed town, and while mafia politician is a fucking awful role for balance's sake, it would have made sense as a third party jerk.

Of course, that's all in hindsight so meh I need to reread last day and find the wagonners and scumariners such as myself :mrgreen: In any case, this game starts to remind me of a certain Star Wars game so I'll Vote Nag on the off chance he's the right pick and because of his very weak first post today (lessee if you remember that, punk ;))

ps: Melchie where are you =P~

pps: first day of holidays FINALLY YEHHH! Also I'm tipsy.

Right... I appreciate that it was a weak post, especially by the meticulous standards that I have shown to represent in previous games. I have become somewhat Don Draperesque when it comes to my treatment of Mafia games. When I choose to concentrate and apply myself to them I set a high standard and have full focus, when I am distracted I have less inclination to post proficiently... perhaps a bandwagon against me is the impetus I need to be more involved. I appreciate where you are coming from, but mostly I was in agreement with Flores previous post on why the current lynch set up works and what I wanted to say had been said previously. It keeps us on our toes and does not allow the game to stagnate which was one of the reasons I became disinterested in mafia games previously as all the games I was in seemed to die (or I died early). Which star wars game are you referring to btw, the only one I can think of is NJO where I was the pro-town hero and you were the mafia :mrgreen:. I didn't feel the case against Jonty was strong enough and called out TFO as one of the vote hoppers, but appear to be wrong on this case. I will need to do some further analysis on the bandwagoners/scumariners as well to find out who is now most suspicious in my eyes.

Right by my count today, it is 4 votes to me and it is 12 to lynch, I don't feel that is enough for me to claim, but in the interests of keeping this game moving at a fast pace, which is all the more crucial when we have a dropping lynch count and a particular individual to catch I am willing to rethink about claiming over the next 24 hours.
Captain nagerous

Postby new guy1 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:45 pm

The only response I have to neb is that while there was discussion on the questioned post, only 3-4 players out of 20 had talked about it. Therefore, the majority of players looked over it. I havent posted recently because I havent had anything to say because... Well I dont really have anything to add. The game kind of died after the whole "yay or nay" thing. Its looking like more people are picking up, so at least I will hopefully have something to post. I do have to agree with neb that I would prefer more vote counts, but MM has said that if it ever gets to only 10 votes required for a lynch there will be every day VC's (Right? He said that right? Im just making sure Im not making stuff up now off of my perception).
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:49 pm

nagerous wrote:
Right... I appreciate that it was a weak post, especially by the meticulous standards that I have shown to represent in previous games. I have become somewhat Don Draperesque when it comes to my treatment of Mafia games. When I choose to concentrate and apply myself to them I set a high standard and have full focus, when I am distracted I have less inclination to post proficiently... perhaps a bandwagon against me is the impetus I need to be more involved. I appreciate where you are coming from, but mostly I was in agreement with Flores previous post on why the current lynch set up works and what I wanted to say had been said previously. It keeps us on our toes and does not allow the game to stagnate which was one of the reasons I became disinterested in mafia games previously as all the games I was in seemed to die (or I died early). Which star wars game are you referring to btw, the only one I can think of is NJO where I was the pro-town hero and you were the mafia :mrgreen:. I didn't feel the case against Jonty was strong enough and called out TFO as one of the vote hoppers, but appear to be wrong on this case. I will need to do some further analysis on the bandwagoners/scumariners as well to find out who is now most suspicious in my eyes.

Right by my count today, it is 4 votes to me and it is 12 to lynch, I don't feel that is enough for me to claim, but in the interests of keeping this game moving at a fast pace, which is all the more crucial when we have a dropping lynch count and a particular individual to catch I am willing to rethink about claiming over the next 24 hours.

The longer you say you will claim, but don't, the longer the focus will be on you...and the game will be unable to move on. Unless of course, you come up with a new case on someone.

Ah, what the heck...Vote Nagerous Let's get the claim and move on, if needed. I would hate to see us stall while we wait for this claim.

Postby Minister Masket on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:50 pm

spiesr wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:Are darcsen the gallians? Are they federation? Are they gallians with powers? I am respecting MMs wish of us not looking at the wiki, but I am confused by the multiple terms used to describe the different factions...

They are an ethnic group (that isn't tied to a specific country as far as I can tell) that everybody else hates.

Bingo.

I don't think any particular character being one will be terribly relevant to anything in this game.

Nebuchadnezer wrote:MINISTER...if we are going to have this countdown lynch in place, you need to have more vote counts on a regular basis. It's a little ridiculous that you've posted only 4 votes counts, when they are so crucial with the counter ticking.

Minister Masket wrote: >>>>>>Don't forget<<<<<< I'll be posting daily vote counts once the number reaches 10 or under.

Private Minister Masket

Postby nagerous on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:06 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
nagerous wrote:

The longer you say you will claim, but don't, the longer the focus will be on you...and the game will be unable to move on. Unless of course, you come up with a new case on someone.

Ah, what the heck...Vote Nagerous Let's get the claim and move on, if needed. I would hate to see us stall while we wait for this claim.

Captain Eleanor Varrot and I am the squad 7 enabler so in the case of my death, none of the members of squad 7 will be able to perform their night actions.

Happy now?
Captain nagerous

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives