Conquer Club

Simpsons Mafia (8 of 13) Endgame, Town Win!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Simpsons Mafia (10 of 13) Day 4 - Running Man

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:27 am

Djfireside wrote:I have already soft claimed who I am

Really? Where? I checked all your posts in this game, and none of them have really jumped out at me as a soft claim. The only think I can think of being a soft claim is this-

Djfireside wrote:At this point, while I have a REALLY hard time believing shaggy, I dont want to suicide either.

Were you soft claiming Homer? Because besides that, I really don't see anything.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:15 am

Vote dj still not responding
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:48 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Djfireside wrote:I have already soft claimed who I am

Really? Where? I checked all your posts in this game, and none of them have really jumped out at me as a soft claim. The only think I can think of being a soft claim is this-

Djfireside wrote:At this point, while I have a REALLY hard time believing shaggy, I dont want to suicide either.

Were you soft claiming Homer? Because besides that, I really don't see anything.

I think he softclaimed Homer. At this point he should just claim fully.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby Djfireside on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:17 am

Sorry weekends are killers for me unfortunately. One of you got it right

I am Homer Simpson.

I am the Town Vigilante.

On N1: I sent for a kill on Blackknight. Nothing happened so...
on N2: Kill BlackKnight again. Successful. (Mafia Godfather)
on N3 Killed Shaggy Dan (Mafia)

My soft claim was when Marge was put up I stated that I didnt want to suicide myself.

PMC seems to seems to have been on me hard since I made my soft claim and giving a BS reason to try to pressure me so Vote PMC

Aside from this weekend I have been pretty active which makes me not understand the case against me.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:26 am

Djfireside wrote:Sorry weekends are killers for me unfortunately. One of you got it right

I am Homer Simpson.

I am the Town Vigilante.

On N1: I sent for a kill on Blackknight. Nothing happened so...
on N2: Kill BlackKnight again. Successful. (Mafia Godfather)
on N3 Killed Shaggy Dan (Mafia)

My soft claim was when Marge was put up I stated that I didnt want to suicide myself.

PMC seems to seems to have been on me hard since I made my soft claim and giving a BS reason to try to pressure me so Vote PMC

Aside from this weekend I have been pretty active which makes me not understand the case against me.

2 for 2 with vig kills is enough for me to follow your lead

vote PMC

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:48 am

Invite there is obviously a vig in the game
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:49 am

Unvote damn autocorrect
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:54 am

Breakdown of claims and clears:

3. safariguy5 Wiggum, Cop
5. Djfireside Homer, Vig
6. thechuck51
7. LSU Tiger Josh Hider, Character undisclosed
8. pmchugh Otto, Busdriver
9. strike wolf
10. TheForgivenOne
12. pancakemix Hider confirmed

Feel free to update if I missed anything.

I'm inclined to believe PMC's claim atm, and I'd at least like to give SW time to speak before we pressure him (and my gut tells me he's town anyway). At that rate, TFO and chuck look like the best candidates for pressure right now. I say we start with chuck, considering he just voted the cop and is eager to follow the vig.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Ok sorry guys I meant to post yesterday. Uggh. Anyways I am going to vote chuck. Simple reason on Day 1 when everyone was going after BK (stupid reasons right guy for the record) He seemed to be the one most actively defending BK/Diverting the case away from BK:

thechuck51 wrote:
LSU Tiger Josh wrote:Vote BK ok we'll force a claim today.

that sounds to me like you are volunteering!

unvote vote LSU

thechuck51 wrote:Sorry I haven't been very active but with all the new crusades guy in here I feel like I stumbled into a party that I wasn't invited to! anyways...

pretender77 wrote:i feel that although pancake has given us nothing to work with. hes gonnaa be their later in the game if an easy lynch is needed. unvote vote bk

town members should be looking to lynch scum not for easy lynches unvote vote pretender

thechuck51 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Terribly unuseful role. Flavor fits, but there are better doc choices (Hibert, Dr Nick). I'm iffy on that one, tempted to vote.

Dr. Hibbert yes but Dr. Nick Rivera?? He'd either be "Naive" or "CPR" so I'll take my chances with a faith healer over him.

safariguy5 wrote:Faith healer? So a nerfed doc? Ionno, I suppose it could work, this is the Simpson's after all, ineptitude is basically the name of the game here. I agree that we could have better doc roles, but it's possible we have a few nerfed roles too to fit the theme.

It could be that when Dazza cut the roles down from 16 to 13 a couple more likely roles were nixed in order to maintain balance.

thechuck51 wrote:
thechuck51 wrote:Sorry I haven't been very active but with all the new crusades guy in here I feel like I stumbled into a party that I wasn't invited to! anyways...

pretender77 wrote:i feel that although pancake has given us nothing to work with. hes gonnaa be their later in the game if an easy lynch is needed. unvote vote bk

town members should be looking to lynch scum not for easy lynches unvote vote pretender

I guess nobody else agrees that looking for "easy" lynches is scummy?

thechuck51 wrote:
pmchugh wrote:I missed this, good catch. An explanation is required for this one.

Here is Pretender's contributions to the game so far since confirming...

Post #1 He puts Ragian at L-3 during joke voting

pretender77 wrote:bandwagon Vote RAGE

Post #2 Then fresh of jumping on the Ragian bandwagon he votes CK for bandwagoning and puts him at L-4

pretender77 wrote:oh ya. hey safari. ive heard about you. and this isnt my first btw......and unvote vote cky.....he was a little too eager i feel to jump bandwagon and he just beat me in a game

Post #3 In his last post he jumps on the BK bandwagon to put him at L-3 and saves pancake for an "easy lynch" later

You could probably say it was all part of joke voting but all his votes have been for people that were already receiving multiple votes. It just seems a little opportunistic to me.

@ Dazza, please continue to post frequent vote counts, its greatly appreciated!

thechuck51 wrote:vote pretender

he is still scummiest in my eyes from day 1 and unless somebody has some useful intel from the night I think its our best option.

I would however like to hear from black knight regarding who he protected last night.

thechuck51 wrote:I'm skeptical of BK's new claim but I am hesitant to lynch what might be our last protective role. I think we leave him be for today and give our cop and tracker (there has to be at least one of them) a chance to investigate tonight.

Quick note: Any investigative roles out there should NOT reveal themselves unless they have something that will lead directly to a scum lynch.

Also knowing that BK would appear innocent on investigation this could be considered an attempt to falsely give town credit by directing the cop to investigate him.

thechuck51 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I think this is an issue that we should revisit later, by no means am I say BK is clear, but I think the potential blow we could be dealing to town now outweigh the potential gains we would get if BK is lying.

I agree.

pretender77 wrote:FOS pancake for being so "without a doubt" sure that bk is scum. but ya unvote vote bk......tell us who you really are

did you FOS pancake to set up your "easy lynch" for later?

So that's my reasoning take it or leave it. I'm also a little suspicious of LSU (especially considering putting DJ at L-1 while consensus seemed to be building that he was Homer) and more suspicious of Ckyrias' actions before TFO replaced them (bandwagoning, OMGus, nervous/defensive behavior and TFO's activity has been up and down since) but they both actively voted BK and I think there is a difference between trying to sell your scum buddy down the river and selling the Godfather down the river (In this case I think it buys more cred for LSU as LSU voted early on BK than TFO).

I am not sure what to make of PMC. I tend to believe him. He's appeared mostly town throughout the game and I'm not sure why he would go out of his way to clear me if he was scum (short term town cred but long term, likely problematic if he was scum). Beyond that though I have not seen sustainable evidence of a busdriver within the game.

As far as LSU, if we do not lynch scum today than we could have the vig target him. Unless I am mistaken about his role if he is indeed a hider than the shot will go by him and nothing will happen and we can all but prove he is town, if he's lying we'll have killed scum. Potential problems, mafia could have a role blocker messing up the results and it forces the vig to aim at a specific person. At the same time though, if we have the vig aim at someone who if tellign the truth cannot be killed by being aimed at directly then we do eliminate any chance of the vig accidentally killing a townie. Just a suggestion.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:06 pm

strike wolf wrote:Ok sorry guys I meant to post yesterday. Uggh. Anyways I am going to vote chuck. Simple reason on Day 1 when everyone was going after BK (stupid reasons right guy for the record) He seemed to be the one most actively defending BK/Diverting the case away from BK:

thechuck51 wrote:
LSU Tiger Josh wrote:Vote BK ok we'll force a claim today.

that sounds to me like you are volunteering!

unvote vote LSU

thechuck51 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Terribly unuseful role. Flavor fits, but there are better doc choices (Hibert, Dr Nick). I'm iffy on that one, tempted to vote.

Dr. Hibbert yes but Dr. Nick Rivera?? He'd either be "Naive" or "CPR" so I'll take my chances with a faith healer over him.

safariguy5 wrote:Faith healer? So a nerfed doc? Ionno, I suppose it could work, this is the Simpson's after all, ineptitude is basically the name of the game here. I agree that we could have better doc roles, but it's possible we have a few nerfed roles too to fit the theme.

It could be that when Dazza cut the roles down from 16 to 13 a couple more likely roles were nixed in order to maintain balance.

thechuck51 wrote:

I guess nobody else agrees that looking for "easy" lynches is scummy?

thechuck51 wrote:
pmchugh wrote:I missed this, good catch. An explanation is required for this one.

Here is Pretender's contributions to the game so far since confirming...

Post #1 He puts Ragian at L-3 during joke voting

pretender77 wrote:bandwagon Vote RAGE

Post #2 Then fresh of jumping on the Ragian bandwagon he votes CK for bandwagoning and puts him at L-4

pretender77 wrote:oh ya. hey safari. ive heard about you. and this isnt my first btw......and unvote vote cky.....he was a little too eager i feel to jump bandwagon and he just beat me in a game

Post #3 In his last post he jumps on the BK bandwagon to put him at L-3 and saves pancake for an "easy lynch" later

You could probably say it was all part of joke voting but all his votes have been for people that were already receiving multiple votes. It just seems a little opportunistic to me.

@ Dazza, please continue to post frequent vote counts, its greatly appreciated!

thechuck51 wrote:vote pretender

he is still scummiest in my eyes from day 1 and unless somebody has some useful intel from the night I think its our best option.

I would however like to hear from black knight regarding who he protected last night.

thechuck51 wrote:I'm skeptical of BK's new claim but I am hesitant to lynch what might be our last protective role. I think we leave him be for today and give our cop and tracker (there has to be at least one of them) a chance to investigate tonight.

Quick note: Any investigative roles out there should NOT reveal themselves unless they have something that will lead directly to a scum lynch.

Also knowing that BK would appear innocent on investigation this could be considered an attempt to falsely give town credit by directing the cop to investigate him.

thechuck51 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I think this is an issue that we should revisit later, by no means am I say BK is clear, but I think the potential blow we could be dealing to town now outweigh the potential gains we would get if BK is lying.

I agree.

pretender77 wrote:FOS pancake for being so "without a doubt" sure that bk is scum. but ya unvote vote bk......tell us who you really are

did you FOS pancake to set up your "easy lynch" for later?

So that's my reasoning take it or leave it. I'm also a little suspicious of LSU (especially considering putting DJ at L-1 while consensus seemed to be building that he was Homer) and more suspicious of Ckyrias' actions before TFO replaced them (bandwagoning, OMGus, nervous/defensive behavior and TFO's activity has been up and down since) but they both actively voted BK and I think there is a difference between trying to sell your scum buddy down the river and selling the Godfather down the river (In this case I think it buys more cred for LSU as LSU voted early on BK than TFO).

I am not sure what to make of PMC. I tend to believe him. He's appeared mostly town throughout the game and I'm not sure why he would go out of his way to clear me if he was scum (short term town cred but long term, likely problematic if he was scum). Beyond that though I have not seen sustainable evidence of a busdriver within the game.

As far as LSU, if we do not lynch scum today than we could have the vig target him. Unless I am mistaken about his role if he is indeed a hider than the shot will go by him and nothing will happen and we can all but prove he is town, if he's lying we'll have killed scum. Potential problems, mafia could have a role blocker messing up the results and it forces the vig to aim at a specific person. At the same time though, if we have the vig aim at someone who if tellign the truth cannot be killed by being aimed at directly then we do eliminate any chance of the vig accidentally killing a townie. Just a suggestion.

Ebwop: actually partially disregard my point about him putting DJ at L-1 when consensus was building. I somehow managed to read chuck's post (which came after his) before LSU's...
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Good post but couple of things.

1. I put dj back at -2. Pancake had unvoted. I made a point of not voting to put on -1. Fast posted.

2. My character isn't a true hider. He dies if he hits scum/3rd party and negates my special unclaimed ability.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:20 pm

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:Good post but couple of things.

1. I put dj back at -2. Pancake had unvoted. I made a point of not voting to put on -1. Fast posted.

2. My character isn't a true hider. He dies if he hits scum/3rd party and negates my special unclaimed ability.

Ah sorry. You're correct. I guess that's what I get for trying to read through 31 pages in 2 sittings.

So does that mean my idea for testing your claim would not work since you are not a true hider?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:28 pm

Correct. On pancake it would work I imagine although I don't remember him claiming I get atown vibe from him
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:37 pm

that would indeed make my idea useless. I had forgotten pancake in my post. I also did not see a claim from him. Overall I think he is town.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:58 pm

I did clear pancake back on N2 by staying with him during the night so unless there was a busdrive that "otto" lied about or cult somehow still exists he is definitely clear townie.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby pmchugh on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:36 pm

unvote vote chuck

I pushed on an unclear townie when we have very few scum left, big whoop. Chuck needs to claim and SW put some good logic behind it.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Well, since I am one of the few Unclaimed as of right now, I may as well as claim, as my role might clear some things up.

I am Barney Gumble, and I am your Town Roleblocker.

N1- Cyk roleblocked Pershy
N2- Blocked LSU - So that kind of negates the confirming pancake on N2, might explain the lack of a Maf kill, since pmc claimed he switched himself and clever.
N3- I roleblocked ShaggyDan For obvious reasons.

I don't know what to think of what happened on Night 2.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby pmchugh on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Makes some sense. Also I am not buying LSU's claim too hard at the moment, at the night 2 block doesn't help his case.
Major pmchugh

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Claim time chuck. unvote vote chuck since we're close to deadline and someone can hammer if they need to.
Captain safariguy5

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:28 pm

I am Lisa Simpson Town Tracker

N1 - Pretender visited Pershy
N2 - Black Knight visited Saf
N3 - Shaggy visited nobody

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Not sure I believe the claim. Lisa's a strong name claim (i would say 3rd behind Homer and Bart) but the N1 and N3 actions are already public knowledge in their own ways and N2 what happened there? bk supposedly visits say but we have no evidence that anything came of it.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:32 pm

I think its time for everybody to claim their role and night actions. Something is bound to not add up and should give us some insight as to who is scum.

Re: Simpsons Mafia (13 of 13) Day 1

Postby pershy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:19 am

Vote Count

Djfireside (1) - Safariguy,
thechuck51 (3) - pancakemix, pmchugh, safari
pmc (2) - DJ, thechuck51

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is today 12pm GMT - 16 hours from now
Last edited by pershy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant pershy

Postby pmchugh on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:24 am

pancakemix wrote:Breakdown of claims and clears:

3. safariguy5 Wiggum, Cop
5. Djfireside Homer, Vig
6. thechuck51 Lisa, Tracker
7. LSU Tiger Josh Character undisclosed, Weird Special Hider Thing
8. pmchugh Otto, Busdriver
9. strike wolf Unclaimed
10. TheForgivenOne Barney gumble, Roleblocker
12. pancakemix Hider confirmed

I've updated the list, but one thing confused me. Why pancake just snuck his claim in here, never name claimed, partially CC'd LSU and declared himself as "confirmed"? Maybe I am forgetting something, but I checked all of pancakes previous posts and saw nothing.
Major pmchugh

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:36 am

I am cool with claiming since I appear to be the last person to claim. I am Milhouse. Town Mason. I will not officially reveal who my mason partner is unless he wishes to do so himself but I think you can probably guess who it is.

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives