Conquer Club

Play the Mod Mafia, EndGame! Don't Play The Mod

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Play the Mod Mafia, Night 3, Driven to the grave

Postby soundman on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:49 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
soundman wrote:I want to see what happens tonight with my action. If I'm not dead in the morning I'll claim.

Well, that will help us out exactly this much if you do die ----> 0

I'm not sure why it makes such a difference, but have it your way...I'll give you some leeway here. Just make sure you post your results first thing...just in case you screw up and get mod-killed.

Claiming now would help the town out this much ----> 0

I've given the only info I have that could help town. Claiming during the night will not increase town's chances of winning.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:42 am

soundman wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
soundman wrote:I want to see what happens tonight with my action. If I'm not dead in the morning I'll claim.

Well, that will help us out exactly this much if you do die ----> 0

I'm not sure why it makes such a difference, but have it your way...I'll give you some leeway here. Just make sure you post your results first thing...just in case you screw up and get mod-killed.

Claiming now would help the town out this much ----> 0

I've given the only info I have that could help town. Claiming during the night will not increase town's chances of winning.

As long as soundman believes it best for him to not claim tonight, then I'm not going to push him.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby / on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Well well well, it's that time again, a morning for mourning, or not, I'll give you a break tonight, because I want all of you to see this upcoming new movie!
Seriously tell all your friends.
I INSIST!
You know what, I'll kill you if you don't...

Today's Rules
1. Each player's first, fourth, seventh, tenth, etc. post must include the phrase "PAX ROMANA"
2. Each player's second, fifth, eighth, eleventh, etc. post must include the phrase "The (object/place/event) is here to stay!"
3. Each player's third, sixth, ninth, twelfth, etc. post must include the phrase "It's good to be the King."
4. None of the above phrases may be said in any post that they are not required to be in.
5. All posts must praise the upcoming movie "History of the World: Part II."
6. The last sentence of every post must critique another player's artwork. (Make whatever you want up.)

Now, let's go on to day four, with 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: Play the Mod Mafia, Day Four, Lesson Learned

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:48 pm

"PAX ROMANA", have you heard of that amazing new movie - "History of the World: Part II." Oh, and soundman's impressionistic painting of Pianist Falling Off A Ladder is diabolical.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:14 pm

1st Post = PAX ROMANA
So wait, they are actually making "History of the World: Part II," that should be interesting.
Well, Soundman, do we have anything of value to work with, also PMC?
jonty125 wrote:"PAX ROMANA", have you heard of that amazing new movie - "History of the World: Part II." Oh, and soundman's impressionistic painting of Pianist Falling Off A Ladder is diabolical.
Congrats, you made a post were you followed the rules but did nothing else. So, why even bother? It's like that time you tried do some modern art, mean sure you manged to paint a line on the canvas, but was there even any point to it?
Captain spiesr

Postby pmchugh on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Ok there are 3 things to check in ever post, here is the way to beat the mods system.

1. Count your posts.
2. Post the phrase suited to your post number.
3. Praise the "History of the World: Part II." movie.
4. Make your post.
5. Post a new last sentence, make sure it critiques someones art work.
6. Preview your post.

POST #1
PAX ROMANA

The History of the world movie part I was amazing but part II will be even better!

Hmm, is anyone willing to take credit for last nights non-kill? We have to consider the possibility that the mod deliberately didn't kill to mess with us. I think it is mass claim time. Last night I watched everywhere and seen nothing.

Speisr I have to say that you painted a nice picture of jonty, except the penis was way too large according to /.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:06 am

/ wrote:Well well well, it's that time again, a morning for mourning, or not, I'll give you a break tonight, because I want all of you to see this upcoming new movie!
I INSIST!

Today's Rules
1. Each player's first, fourth, seventh, tenth, etc. post must include the phrase "PAX ROMANA"
2. Each player's second, fifth, eighth, eleventh, etc. post must include the phrase "The (object/place/event) is here to stay!"
3. Each player's third, sixth, ninth, twelfth, etc. post must include the phrase "It's good to be the King."
4. None of the above phrases may be said in any post that they are not required to be in.
6. The last sentence of every post must critique another player's artwork. (Make whatever you want up.)

Blibbidy, blabbidy...I see the "mod" is running out of original ideas. I didn't think he'd start re-using rules already...ho-hum... #-o

Post #1.
PAX ROMANA

I love the upcoming movie, History of the World: Part II! =D>

jonty125 wrote:"PAX ROMANA", have you heard of that amazing new movie - "History of the World: Part II." Oh, and soundman's impressionistic painting of Pianist Falling Off A Ladder is diabolical.

I'm not sure what Jonty is getting at here, or why he even bothered to post. In a regular game, this would be like posting "hi."

I'm also not so keen about mass claiming at this point. I'd like to know how we avoided a nightkill...everywhere, who did you roleblock? But a massclaim at this point doesn't seem helpful. However, if players want to come forward, feel free. We have a watcher, a roleblocker, and a "useless" role known. That leaves 3 of us unknown. I'm okay with that, as Jonty seems to be the one acting strangest at this point. I would still like to put some pressure on him...so I will. Vote Jonty

(and since the rule didn't state that the player had to be alive...)
I think Safariguy's artwork in this game should be titled "How to get killed twice;" it was tragically beautiful.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby jonty125 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:06 am

The (jonty) is here to stay! I posted some fluff, because I'm waiting for soundman, to see if he got anything from last night. Anyhow, me and him are going to see the amazing History of the World: Part II! , its going to be amazing. Unlike, his paintings, which looks like a horses' behind.
Cook jonty125

Postby soundman on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Post 1.
PAX ROMANA
I can't wait to see History of the World: Part II! I hear it's very historically accurate!

As promised I shall claim. I am the town doctor. Night One I protected Rodion. Still don't know why he then died. Night Two I protected Saf. Again, not sure why he died. However Night Three I protected PMC. He is not dead... I'm in a rush and don't have time to formulate a proper analysis. Maybe someone will see something I didn't. I'm also thinking that a mass claim may be a good option at this point. My gut says vote PMC but this game is a little crazy.

Neb's drawing of a dog is quite good. The fur looks almost lifelike! However the eyes are a little lopsided...
Lieutenant soundman

Postby pmchugh on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:04 pm

soundman wrote:Post 1.
PAX ROMANA
I can't wait to see History of the World: Part II! I hear it's very historically accurate!

As promised I shall claim. I am the town doctor. Night One I protected Rodion. Still don't know why he then died. Night Two I protected Saf. Again, not sure why he died. However Night Three I protected PMC. He is not dead... I'm in a rush and don't have time to formulate a proper analysis. Maybe someone will see something I didn't. I'm also thinking that a mass claim may be a good option at this point. My gut says vote PMC but this game is a little crazy.

Neb's drawing of a dog is quite good. The fur looks almost lifelike! However the eyes are a little lopsided...

Post #2
The cat is here to stay!
History of the World: Part II is great.

Really I think at this point the mod is fucking with us. When I said that no actions happened on night 2 why on earth did you claim that yours had when the person you protected died? Did you think you had a kill or something? Also jonty soft-claimed doc a few days ago, just sayin'.

Jonty drew a pretty picture of himself as a doctor, not sure on how realistic it appeared though.
Major pmchugh

Postby soundman on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:05 pm

pmchugh wrote:
soundman wrote:Post 1.
PAX ROMANA

Post #2
The cat is here to stay!
History of the World: Part II is great.

Really I think at this point the mod is fucking with us. When I said that no actions happened on night 2 why on earth did you claim that yours had when the person you protected died? Did you think you had a kill or something? Also jonty soft-claimed doc a few days ago, just sayin'.

Jonty drew a pretty picture of himself as a doctor, not sure on how realistic it appeared though.

Post 2.
The band is here to stay!
History of the World: Part II is amazing.

I started thinking that all the roles were bastard roles. Since the first two people I targeted died I figured I was an Insane Doc or something. I don't remember Jonty soft-claim doc...

Jonty's Spam sculpture looks a little too slimy.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
/ wrote:Well well well, it's that time again, a morning for mourning, or not, I'll give you a break tonight, because I want all of you to see this upcoming new movie!
I INSIST!

Today's Rules

Blibbidy, blabbidy...I see the "mod" is running out of original ideas. I didn't think he'd start re-using rules already...ho-hum... #-o

Post #1.
PAX ROMANA

I'm not sure what Jonty is getting at here, or why he even bothered to post. In a regular game, this would be like posting "hi."

I'm also not so keen about mass claiming at this point. I'd like to know how we avoided a nightkill...everywhere, who did you roleblock? But a massclaim at this point doesn't seem helpful. However, if players want to come forward, feel free. We have a watcher, a roleblocker, and a "useless" role known. That leaves 3 of us unknown. I'm okay with that, as Jonty seems to be the one acting strangest at this point. I would still like to put some pressure on him...so I will. Vote Jonty

I think Safariguy's artwork in this game should be titled "How to get killed twice;" it was tragically beautiful.

Post #2
The chaos is here to stay!

I didn't get that there was a soft claim of doc from Jonty at all. Unless you think his example was his claim?

Also, I would have liked to see who Everywhere blocked before Soundman claimed...but it seems he's not around.

I also think it's clear that the mod has some pretty dam good powers. However, we all know N1 was a chaos storm where nothing worked. N2 Safariguy could have protected someone and died (although, wouldn't doc still save him...perhaps everyone was roleblocked). Last night could be your best move yet. Perhaps the mod is running out of powers and wants the watcher out of the way.

Everywhere's recent painting is really nothing but a blank canvas, title: Disappearing Act.

Postby everywhere116 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:05 am

PAX ROMANA
Are you guys going to see History of the World: Part II? I hear it's going to be great!

@Neb. Jonty again. It may have been responsible for the lack of a kill last night, but of course I cannot be certain.

pmc, by this, are you trying to tell us that jonty soft-claimed as a doctor at some point? If so, where?

Speisr, I like your xkcd-esque drawings.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:49 am

"It's good to be the King." And I love the new film "History of the World: Part II."

I don't remaining softclaiming doc, and I definitely aren't doc.

Spieser's sunflowers look like they're about to die.
Cook jonty125

Postby pmchugh on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:02 am

Post #3
It's good to be the King.
History of the World: Part II will bamboozle your mind with its phenomenal use of bizarre wordage.

Neb, can I ask what you meant when you said this:

Nebuchadnezer wrote:15. jonty125 – Broke posting rule D1. I have a feeling what his power is, but won’t say.

To be fair, jonty didn't really soft claim. He was just against mass claim and then said this:

jonty125 wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I disagree with a massclaim and I also think we should speedlynch if someone makes a mistake - but no necessarily the offender i.e. I make a mistake, I claim, we make a lynch but we choose #1 candidate not necessarily the person who made the mistake.

MLP jonty you contradict yourself in your very first sentence. you state speed lynch for mistakes but not if its you. That is probably the most self serving illogical arguement I have ever witnessed.

I'm not saying I should be given amnesty, but if they claim something like doc, then they should be not lynched and someone else should. FOS jgordon for skimming.

Nebuch is great at making penis sculptures.
Major pmchugh

Postby / on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:25 pm

vote count
jonty: 1 vote; Nebuchadnezer
4 to lynch deadline friday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:25 pm

PAX ROMANA, definitely the best line from the bestest newest film in the world: History of the World: Part II.

Both everywhere and spiser have only posted once today. I say we lynch either of them, I feel that pmc is most likely to be mod but if we're wrong and mislynched him we'd be at 4 alive the next day and everybody would have to agree on the next day, which could be difficult as he is one of the most active.

spieser's painiting of / makes someone else look like the mod
Cook jonty125

Postby everywhere116 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:38 pm

The train is here to stay!
History of the World: Part II is going to be awesome!

jonty125 wrote:Both everywhere and spiser have only posted once today. I say we lynch either of them, I feel that pmc is most likely to be mod but if we're wrong and mislynched him we'd be at 4 alive the next day and everybody would have to agree on the next day, which could be difficult as he is one of the most active.

Uhhh....does this make sense to anyone else?

Neb, I like your impressionist lillies.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby vodean on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:46 pm

everywhere116 wrote:The train is here to stay!
History of the World: Part II is going to be awesome!

jonty125 wrote:Both everywhere and spiser have only posted once today. I say we lynch either of them, I feel that pmc is most likely to be mod but if we're wrong and mislynched him we'd be at 4 alive the next day and everybody would have to agree on the next day, which could be difficult as he is one of the most active.

Uhhh....does this make sense to anyone else?

Neb, I like your impressionist lillies.

makes sense to me. sorry, /, for posting. but this is non-content.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby / on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:27 pm

vodean wrote: sorry, /, for posting. but this is non-content.

Debatable, front page Rule revised "6. The dead may not talk at all until the game has fully ended, not even a 'GL town', 'damn' etc.".
Sorry, but it had to be done. You dead can still talk to me through PM if you want, though from now on I'll be answering you as the mod
:P
In other news, activity check!
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby spiesr on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Post #2
The League of Nations is here to stay. Just like that time, in that movie, History of the World Part II.
I appologise for my inactivity, I am out of town this week and the hotel WI-FI doesn't seem to be getting along with my computer.
At this point in time, I feel that the burden of proof kind of needs to fall on pmchugh to sort of explain why we should be trusting him anymore.
And then he is making statements and going back and altering the context of them later like he did here.
pmchugh wrote:Also jonty soft-claimed doc a few days ago, just sayin'.
pmchugh wrote:To be fair, jonty didn't really soft claim. He was just against mass claim and then said this:
jonty125 wrote:I'm not saying I should be given amnesty, but if they claim something like doc, then they should be not lynched and someone else should. FOS jgordon for skimming.
You can't have it both ways. Either you honestly thought that Jonty was soft claiming, or you were purposefully trying to make it seem like he was even though you didn't think he did.

Jonty's self portriat seems to suggest that he may be color-blind...
Captain spiesr

Postby pmchugh on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:16 pm

spiesr wrote:Post #2
The League of Nations is here to stay. Just like that time, in that movie, History of the World Part II.
I appologise for my inactivity, I am out of town this week and the hotel WI-FI doesn't seem to be getting along with my computer.
At this point in time, I feel that the burden of proof kind of needs to fall on pmchugh to sort of explain why we should be trusting him anymore.
And then he is making statements and going back and altering the context of them later like he did here.
pmchugh wrote:Also jonty soft-claimed doc a few days ago, just sayin'.
pmchugh wrote:To be fair, jonty didn't really soft claim. He was just against mass claim and then said this:
jonty125 wrote:I'm not saying I should be given amnesty, but if they claim something like doc, then they should be not lynched and someone else should. FOS jgordon for skimming.
You can't have it both ways. Either you honestly thought that Jonty was soft claiming, or you were purposefully trying to make it seem like he was even though you didn't think he did.

Post #4
The bullet is here to stay!
That history of the work part II is fantabydosey.

I said it to gauge reactions, I even waited for jonty to post replied. Also I am really interested in why neb said he had an idea of his role as I presumed he meant doc as well. The burden of proof is always on the accuser, not the accused.

Major pmchugh

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
I INSIST!

Today's Rules

Post #1.
PAX ROMANA

Post #2
The chaos is here to stay!

I didn't get that there was a soft claim of doc from Jonty at all. Unless you think his example was his claim?

Also, I would have liked to see who Everywhere blocked before Soundman claimed...but it seems he's not around.

I also think it's clear that the mod has some pretty dam good powers. However, we all know N1 was a chaos storm where nothing worked. N2 Safariguy could have protected someone and died (although, wouldn't doc still save him...perhaps everyone was roleblocked). Last night could be your best move yet. Perhaps the mod is running out of powers and wants the watcher out of the way.

Everywhere's recent painting is really nothing but a blank canvas, title: Disappearing Act.

Post #3
It's good to be the King.

Ya, reading back, I guess I thought that might be a soft claim on doc. I had forgotten that part. Given his admission to NOT being doc, I guess I wrote that off. Other than that, I'm keeping my vote on Jonty. (I'd advocate for a "no lynch" today, and let the random lynch take a better shot than we can seem to come up with...but then you'll all say I'm scum for wanting a "no lynch"...when actually, there is no such thing as a no-lynch in this game.)

Vodean's painting titled "voices from the grave" is a rude depiction of the lack of patience in youth today.

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:49 am

The cat is here to stay! I would also like to praise the upcoming movie "History of the World: Part II."

I'd rather us lynch who we think is the scummiest, rather than random lynch, it is D4, you should have better than null reads on everybody.

I think Neb's watercolour of a rainbow, might have the wrong shade of blue.
Cook jonty125

Postby pmchugh on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Post #5
The (object/place/event) is here to stay!

Histoy of the world part II is awesome

I think speisr at this point is the most suspicious. I think we should finish off claiming now.

Jonty drew the Mona Lisa, it is a teribble painting.
Major pmchugh

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives