Conquer Club

Dazza's 1st Mafia - Mafia Win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dazza's 1st Mafia (7/13) Day 4.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:46 pm

dazza2008 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:Unvote Mob

I just wish to be thourough and make sure we lynch the right people.

Do we have a deadline?

No deadline. Let me know if you guys want 1.

For now I think the activity is high enough for me not to enforce 1.

Good. Was just checking.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby pershy on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 pm

codierose wrote:
pershy wrote:Well he certainly put a lot of effort into his post. Trouble is....I'm not sure that I buy it!

can i ask why

Having gone over his posts - all I can see is Mob going heavily against Neb.

I'm not hesitatant right now because
Codi - cleared
IB and Neb as far as I'm concerned - pretty much cleared as being town
Mob - definitely not
Soundman - most definitely not.
DJ - not sure about him

As for me...well nuf said 4 now.
Lieutenant pershy

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:05 pm

pershy wrote:
codierose wrote:
pershy wrote:Well he certainly put a lot of effort into his post. Trouble is....I'm not sure that I buy it!

can i ask why

Having gone over his posts - all I can see is Mob going heavily against Neb.

I'm not hesitatant right now because
Codi - cleared
IB and Neb as far as I'm concerned - pretty much cleared as being town
Mob - definitely not
Soundman - most definitely not.
DJ - not sure about him

As for me...well nuf said 4 now.

How exactly has Neb been cleared?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:12 pm

and when was I going against Neb?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby codierose on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:22 pm

when was neb actually cleared i don't recall
imo i think dj needs looking into his absence on the voting whats with that
now he's joined in with the nearly speed lynch of mob hmm
mobs claimed would like to move on to others right now would not hurt to get another claim in the open cant see there being anymore vt be interesting to see what's claimed next
Captain codierose

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm here. I was letting this MoB piece develop on its own. I know you all don't really trust me, so I was letting others get this one going.

The hard part about this game is that there is no flavor involved, so anyone can claim VT without any effort at all. There is no second guessing what character or name someone uses. MoB is not new to this game and can easily defend himself with a good argument. And I think he defended fairly well. I'm leaning towards townie on him, but I have no history on his play and how good he is as mafia.

Iron...do you really think MoB's rebuttals were true? What exactly made you believe him? I'm not saying I don't beleive him, but you were so sure he was mafia, that he must have really convinced you with his post.

So, now we go hunting again? I'm not sure what else getting people to claim will do. They are all going to claim VT. I mean, can there be any other power roles left? Do you really want to go hunting and uncovere the Doc? I'm pretty sure the doc has been protecting codie every night, so he's been useful. To continue hunting will only succeed in uncovering the doc and giving the mafia an easy kill.

How to proceed....

At this point, I'd list suspects in the following order:

DJfireside - never voted, doesn't post much at all. CLEVER was lynched for the same thing.
Soundman - has voted for townie lynches, and now throws one at pershy? I think he could be trying to throw town off.
Pershy - My first case was against him...but he seems to be fairly VT.
MoB - I guess I'm buying his defense.
Neb - I know I'm Town, but that has not been confirmed...and I'll admit, my play is suspect. I'm probably much higher on other people's list.
Iron - Cleared.
codie - Cop.

Can we perhaps have DJ, Soundman and Pershy defend themselves as if they were at L-1? Forget the claim, because, unless one is doc, the claim doesn't matter. And even then do we want the doc to really claim? Let's pretend they all claim VT and are all at L-1. Is that something we can follow? Let's have these three really put a good post out there...then we can discuss.

Thoughts?
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:00 am

I havnt said I beleive Mob.

The only person I am 100% certian is Cod. I have been in a similar scrape with Mob but that is meaningless because each game id different.

I assume nothing. I eased up on you for a couple of reasons but not because I beleive you. Hehe hows that for an endorsement?

I am thinking a mass claim may be in order. yes it would expose the Doc but if we mislynch we will lose someone tonite anyway. So we will be down 2 Town. Which means we would need to be right tommorrow or we lose.

So outing the Doc would not hurt one way or the other. The Bad guys would have to decide weather to kill the doc or the cop.

Do the math. If we lose 2 Town in a row do to mislynch and mafia night kill we will be down to 5. 2 madia and 3 Town.

If we knew who the Doc is that would put 3 people we definatlely know are Town.

Im curious how others feel about this strategy.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:15 am

I know you haven't cleared me. In fact, I'm not sure how pershy has...although I appreciate his vote of confidence.

Well, Codie only gets one more guaranteed night to guess right, and find a mafia. Again, I'm not sure a mass claim is the answer. Everyone will claim VT. Do you not see the fault in mass claiming? It tells us nothing. We need posts from DJ, Soundman and pershy. The only way we can judge them is to get them posting. We need them to talk in order to catch anything. Right now DJ and Soundman are the only ones posting crap. If I had to guess, at least one of them, if not both are mafia. That would leave pershy and MoB as the other options.

But again, DJ and Soundman have posted so little, that I (we) have nothing to judge them by. I think it's quite clear that you and I have posted a couple books here. MoB comes next with his posts. I think it's easy to get reads on the three of us because we are so much more vocal than DJ, Soundman and pershy...pershy to a lesser degree.

So, let's not throw everyone into a "mass claim" category, when not everyone is contributing equally here.

You want a mass claim? Here it is...we all claim VT...what next?

Postby soundman on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:20 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Soundman - has voted for townie lynches, and now throws one at pershy? I think he could be trying to throw town off.

Yes I've voted for townie lynches, who hasn't? If you were to go after people for that then you'd be lynching townies left and right. There will be mislynches in every mafia game. It's an unavoidable fact.
Here's a breakdown of my end day votes. Day 1, WW gets lynched and I wasn't on the vote count. Day 2, follow the cop. You were on that lynch too. Day 3, we lynch a scummy player that wasn't adding anything to the game. Again, you were on that lynch too. So by your own case (has voted for townie lynches) you should be on the top of your scummy list as you were on every lynch I was on.
Now onto Pershy. Look back at his posts. The case I made on him Day 2 still stands. Look back at his Day 4 posts so far. He stays quiet until page 32 where he makes a big post that says nothing. All he does is repeat a bunch of stuff that's already been said and then just a little bit later says he'll hammer Mob if everyone is done chipping in. And then he keeps Mob at L1 saying we'll never get a claim otherwise. Which is just bull. Now he's just asking everyone if they buy Mob's defense and he didn't answer Codie's question on why he doesn't buy it.

Out of the two of you, I'm not sure who's the better chose. The one who says I'm scummy for the same stuff that he did too. Or the one following the leader and trying to look like he's adding to the discussion...
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:25 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:I know you haven't cleared me. In fact, I'm not sure how pershy has...although I appreciate his vote of confidence.

Well, Codie only gets one more guaranteed night to guess right, and find a mafia. Again, I'm not sure a mass claim is the answer. Everyone will claim VT. Do you not see the fault in mass claiming? It tells us nothing. We need posts from DJ, Soundman and pershy. The only way we can judge them is to get them posting. We need them to talk in order to catch anything. Right now DJ and Soundman are the only ones posting crap. If I had to guess, at least one of them, if not both are mafia. That would leave pershy and MoB as the other options.

But again, DJ and Soundman have posted so little, that I (we) have nothing to judge them by. I think it's quite clear that you and I have posted a couple books here. MoB comes next with his posts. I think it's easy to get reads on the three of us because we are so much more vocal than DJ, Soundman and pershy...pershy to a lesser degree.

So, let's not throw everyone into a "mass claim" category, when not everyone is contributing equally here.

You want a mass claim? Here it is...we all claim VT...what next?

Absolutely not true. This is not office mafia where you start with 9 people not knowing whos who. Why would you assume everyone would claim VT?

The remaining town know Cod and I are Town. There is a Doc in that bunch who knows Cod and I are Town. At this point in the game it doersnt matter who Cod finds. If its mafia great if its Town that just makes the pool of Mafia grow smaller and one more person we can trust.

If the Doc decides to come forward today we now have Cod, Myself and the Doc, which would leave the mafia pool at four. Two Mafia in a pool of 4 to lynch from.

Lets say we misslynch out of that pool of four, we now know that the mafia pool is down to three as we go into night. The Doc protects the cop, the cop investigates the pool of three. Either myself or the Doc will die. If the Doc dies no big deal as we are at endgame anyway.

At this point of the game I would rather have the Cop find the town person then then mafia necause if Cod picks the Town we know the other two are Mafia.

At this point of the game its important to know whos who weather they are lieing or not.

Knowing who the doc is can win the game for us.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:02 am

Vote Count

Nebuchadnezer(1) - soundman
MoB Deadly(2) - Djfireside, pershy
soundman(1) - MoB

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Djfireside on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:01 am

Unvote

I agreed that my voting was lacking however I have not been absent in the proceedings. I didnt go for a speed lynch on Mob and was wavering on removing my vote on him last night but decided to leave it to see what he would say. Here are some of my thoughts.

I think there are 3 mafia, which means there should be two more. Maybe there is another third party. I think Codie is clean because they have not been trumped and I would expect a cop. Much like I would expect a Doctor. IB through investigation appears clean. So ill leave them be because the chance there is no cop and they are playing the greatest deception I have seen is horrible unlikely.

IB Clean based on Codie
Codie Clean based on not being challenged of cop and should be a cop.

This leave Mob, Pershy, Neb, Sound and myself.

Mobs statement of VT may hold water but I tend not to believe it. Not to say he is not something else and not necessarily my main focus.

Pershy - I have had thoughts on him since round 2 and when tenbar went down after the bus driving he stated to review Pershy. I believe this to be that pershy was part of his busdrive and either was the target of the hit or the one giving it. Tenbar died that night. Plus he seemed so hard to nail MoB down right now and pushing every button and making small remarks to push that fact. I can quote them all but check just before we pressured him and while he was responding

soundman - Does appear fishy but off the top of my head I have no straight evidence to present that hasnt been presented and still remains on watch

Neb - Had the fight with IB and appears to have been in on all the town lynches.

Myself- Since we are getting down to the fun part, Ill reveal part of who I am since I am one in question. I am Town, I am not the doctor but I do have power.

While my voting was lacking, I was helpful in saving the cop and the debate on Catnip, I didnt vote there cause I didnt think she was guility and voted to pershy I believe. WW had enough voters and clever I didnt have a view on that forced a quicker vote on. Yes I disappeared over the weekend but unfortunately that happens to all games.

So Im going to go with my gut and put more pressure the other way on Pershy.

Vote Pershy
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:45 am

Holy cow, dj! Can you back this up? I mean, do you have info that can prove your power role? If you can, then we may want to mass claim as that would be another proven town.

Postby Djfireside on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:00 pm

I have nothing of proof to give you at this point so I guess its my word on that for now. As for a mass claim I guess that would be up to anyone who hasnt claimed to decide. More information is always better and I felt I would put mine out there.
Private Djfireside

Postby codierose on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:03 pm

soundman - Does appear fishy but off the top of my head I have no straight evidence to present that hasnt been presented and still remains on watch

i think soundman has played this very well he not provided any type of tell so far which leads me to think hes scummy keeping low profile.
i like IB idea what also helps now we have another town power role if you come forward and the doc thats game over
fast posted by dj
Captain codierose

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:37 pm

The thing I love about this part of the game is that at this point...if we play smart and patiant..we can squeeze mafia like a boa constrictor.

Dj at this point of the game you may as well fully claim instead of having us guess.

mafia can only kill one person at a time.

There is one flaw in my plan with the cop investigating. If Cod targets and its a Mafia Godafther he will come up town but thats somthing we will consider if and when the time arrives.

After listening to folks put forth their ideas and thoughts...I have some good ideas as to whos who...I could be wrong...but others are on the same wave length.

Pershy why do you think Neb is innocent...for the third time??
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby pershy on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:02 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Pershy why do you think Neb is innocent...for the third time??

Sorry just checking in briefly after being away all day. It was just a feeling really - I felt that the vehemence with which he was arguing with you made him less suspicious in my eyes than some of the quieter ones. I felt that this was a case that the mafia were sitting back and being quieter while townies went at each other - as we saw with the previous lynches. The way he argued seemed more townie to me but as I say, it was just a feeling at the time I was posting. Nothing concrete to go on.
Lieutenant pershy

Postby codierose on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:15 pm

unvote vote pershy
thought he's been scummy since day 2 when he jumped all over cat i voted for him then time to put the pressure on
Captain codierose

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Pershy The only reason I dont put you at L1 is I dont want you accidently hammered.

Time to claim.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby dazza2008 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:51 am

Vote Count

Nebuchadnezer(1) - soundman
MoB Deadly(1) - pershy
soundman(1) - MoB
pershy(2) - Djfireside, codierose

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby pershy on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:04 am

Woah! What's all this?!?!?
Didn't think I'd last this long anyway as I am The Bodyguard.
Since N2 I've been protecting Codi. If he got targeted I would have died instead.
N1 I didn't protect anyone as I did not know who to trust and didn't wanna accidentally protect mafia.
Lieutenant pershy

Postby codierose on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:09 am

unvote
ok dj you need to come forward with your claim
we have soundman and neb with all the claims they must be mafia if everyones telling the truth lol
Captain codierose

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:30 am

How can we have this many power roles? Either someone is lying or that leaves mob and soundman as mafia. So I'll follow iron's idea.

Believe it or not....

I am town doctor.

The killer part is I actually protected cat on night one. after that its been codie every night.

Postby Djfireside on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:02 am

Well I guess my fun has been thwarted. The reason I didnt want to tell my role but is because I am the Town Bomb. I was trying to see if I could maybe fish mafia to kill me or maybe have one of them claim it and duel it out but alas, I am now just ticking in the corner
Private Djfireside

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:39 am

Time for Soundman to claim.
Captain Iron Butterfly

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives