Conquer Club

Dazza's 1st Mafia - Mafia Win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dazza's 1st Mafia (7/13) Day 4.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:03 am

Djfireside wrote:Well I guess my fun has been thwarted. The reason I didnt want to tell my role but is because I am the Town Bomb. I was trying to see if I could maybe fish mafia to kill me or maybe have one of them claim it and duel it out but alas, I am now just ticking in the corner

Mafia never lies. how exactly did you save the Cop?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Djfireside on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:24 am

Im confused with your statement and the quote.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:31 am

Djfireside wrote:Im confused with your statement and the quote.

Sorry to cofuse you. :roll:

First how did you save the cop?

Second you were hoping someone would come forward before you, to claim Town Bomb and you were hoping to counter claim them?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby soundman on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:34 am

Alas, I do not have a power role and am but a lowly VT. :( So someone here is lying. I still don't like Pershy but it seems a legitimate claim. We did have a town vig in the game so two protective roles make sense. Dj town bomb though... Will have to think about that.

Unvote Don't want to lynch our doc.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Djfireside on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:55 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Djfireside wrote:Im confused with your statement and the quote.

Sorry to cofuse you. :roll:

First how did you save the cop?

Second you were hoping someone would come forward before you, to claim Town Bomb and you were hoping to counter claim them?

I tried pasting so may just need to go look it all up cause notepad doesnt do well for formatting.

On Page when everyone was going for Codie I stopped and stated I would not and explained that if he is the cop, especially since noone had counterclaimed there was no way I would assist in taking him out. As the actions continued through Catnip getting lynched and you(IB) coming up guilty and codie now having to defend themselves again I went and found logical points to how if they are the cop their results could be tampered with and thus still a true cop and should be given time to prove themselves. I noted the order of the actions and how despite the framer getting busdriven and killed, from what I gathered which lead me down my other path on Pershy, that you still could have been framed and noted that while everyone was bickering we should stop that course of action, let you both go another night for proof and examine other facets since we were townies fighting amongst ourselves.

As for my role, I was hoping that with stating I had a power that I may have been seen as a threat and maybe targetted which would have taken out one other mafia giving you only one to deal with. I would have died but would have gotten further along. I also played out if someone had claimed my role as a fake claim I would have suggested vote up and each can be the hammer on the other. It was just something I played through myself and would have made for interesting banter against the person who fake claimed it.

The second reason I didnt want to reveal my role is I am now useless. My role has power when its not known but now that its out it holds much less value.

Just from my own list I was noting:

3 - (T) VT -- [IB -- Cleared by Codie], Mob -- Unsure, DEAD
1 - (T) skitzo -- DEAD
1 - (T) vigalante -- DEAD
1 - (T) Busdriver -- DEAD
1 - (T) BodyGuard -- Pershy -- Bodyguard and Doc? Bodyguard claim first. Stated protected codi (see neb +=).
1 - (T) Bomb -- Fireside
1 - (T) Cop -- Codi -- Validated through no counter claim and investigational logic. No other similar role-- [Cleared]
1 - (T) Doc -- neb -- Stated protected Codi whom I dont believe got targeted based on deaths.

1 - (?)Third Party -- DEAD

1-(M)Framer -- DEAD
2-(M)-Somethings -- ALIVE

Not on the List -- Soundman
Private Djfireside

Postby Djfireside on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:55 am

Fp +1 by Soundman
Private Djfireside

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Heres where we stand.

Cod, myself and myself are town. I beleive Neb because no one has counter claimed and everyone has claimed.

The remaining four.

Soundman VT
Mob VT
DJfireside Town Bomb
Pershy Body Guard

Out of those four I find DJ fireside to be the best lynch. He stated he saved the cop somehow yet he only has one post, which at the end says he will come back and post some more...which he doesnt. He has submarined the whole game and offered nothing of substance.

Then he says he was hoping someone would claim his role so he could counter claim them? Silly.

Pershy is just as scummy...especially how he put Mob up to L1 right after I brought it down.

If we have a mislynch, which I doubt will happen, the two remaining mafia will be between mob,pershy and soundman.

heres the fun part...if Pershey is who he says he can protect neb. If our Doc dies we know Pershey lied. There is no other way for pershy to be able to prove he is telling the truth. If the Doc lives and I or someone else dies would still make me suspect. Why would mafia kill a VT over a Doc?

Town for the win.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:23 pm

LOL should read Neb...not "myself" first line above.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Djfireside on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:42 pm

To note, I never said I saved the cop just helpful in saving them. I found my arguements to seem to help the situation and assist in the conversation keeping the cop. If you determine otherwise thats fine. I came forth and told you what I am so if you want to go for a lynch, make sure you get the right person to hammer me cause I will flip what I have told you.

Im fine with being put on the block as it would make my power useful and Im fine but the only way it would work is if you choose the proper hammer and force their hand in proof. If they wont do it, gives you more to go on, if they do by all means.

To note though so there is no confusion, I am town and my role is what I said it is so go from there.
Private Djfireside

Postby Djfireside on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:42 pm

wow I repeat myself alot :-?
Private Djfireside

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:07 pm

Djfireside wrote:To note, I never said I saved the cop just helpful in saving them. I found my arguements to seem to help the situation and assist in the conversation keeping the cop. If you determine otherwise thats fine. I came forth and told you what I am so if you want to go for a lynch, make sure you get the right person to hammer me cause I will flip what I have told you.

Im fine with being put on the block as it would make my power useful and Im fine but the only way it would work is if you choose the proper hammer and force their hand in proof. If they wont do it, gives you more to go on, if they do by all means.

To note though so there is no confusion, I am town and my role is what I said it is so go from there.

you made one post
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby codierose on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:35 pm

ok so we lynch dj test his claim and get soundman to call the hammer #-o
Captain codierose

Postby codierose on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:36 pm

codierose wrote:ok so we lynch dj test his claim and get soundman to call the hammer #-o

sorry or mob call the hammer either or
Captain codierose

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:44 pm

It's a clever call by dj, if he's mafia. I don't think we can hammer him today...to risky. Lets get him tomorrow. Id say mob or soundman today. Maybe mob, as we can test soundmans claim. I gotta think on this...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby codierose on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:20 pm

we can test his claim and possibly take out a mafia member then if hes lying he dies next day either way its win win for town
i want mob or soundman to call hammer they are only VT so they say
if dj is the bomb like he says his power is useless so he might aswell use it to kill or suspects
Captain codierose

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:39 pm

codierose wrote:we can test his claim and possibly take out a mafia member then if hes lying he dies next day either way its win win for town
i want mob or soundman to call hammer they are only VT so they say
if dj is the bomb like he says his power is useless so he might aswell use it to kill or suspects

that's the problem. Do you know with 100% certainty who is mafia? Because, if town throws the hammer, and dj is the bomb, we lose 2 town. Then mafia gets a night kill and it's game over.

Do you really want to take that chance?

Postby Djfireside on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:45 pm

The plan is only useful if you think I am scum as well. If you are just going to blow me up and someone else but believe I am the Town Bomb then hitting me is pointless cause you are just down another town member. I agree to the plan if you truly think I am scum and want to test the theory. If you believe me then best just to go with lynch of the person. My focus still leans on Pershy, soundman and mob, soundman has taken the lead on pershy for me but if as IB states you all think Im scum and feel you should lynch me then I just request that you just choose the right hammer to do it.
Private Djfireside

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:14 pm

I want to make a post about the claims, so dont do anything without me.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:21 pm

We have to lynch someone...

I really beleive DJ is lieing as the role does nothing to help Town. If anything it is an anti town role. For it to work you have to gaurantee that mafia hammers. Mafia only draws attention if they hammer, which is why Cat was held in suspicion in the first place.

What also strikes me as suspicious is that he said he was hoping that someone else would claim Town Bomb so he could counterclaim.

Town bomb makes absolutely no sense.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:47 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:We have to lynch someone...

I really beleive DJ is lieing as the role does nothing to help Town. If anything it is an anti town role. For it to work you have to gaurantee that mafia hammers. Mafia only draws attention if they hammer, which is why Cat was held in suspicion in the first place.

What also strikes me as suspicious is that he said he was hoping that someone else would claim Town Bomb so he could counterclaim.

The idiocy of town bomb makes me think it wouldn't be fake. I think mafia was not prepared for this many town power roles. I think mob and soundman are crapping their pants at so much power left...

But we can wait on dj until tomorrow if necessary.

Postby Djfireside on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:00 pm

I was hoping it so I would have something to do with it. It was more just a statement of hoping for something to happen so I could do something in return. I think you read to far into that.

Why would this be a anti town role? Its actually a great town role since if I am targetted by mafia for night kills they would die as well taking the mafia with me which is great for town. That was why I didnt want to say anything because once it is known it causes issues. Lynching a bomb is suicide which is why you want to keep it secret unless you are going to be lynched by townies but by random night killing them, mafia suffers.
Private Djfireside

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Djfireside wrote:

I was hoping it so I would have something to do with it. It was more just a statement of hoping for something to happen so I could do something in return. I think you read to far into that.

Why would this be a anti town role? Its actually a great town role since if I am targetted by mafia for night kills they would die as well taking the mafia with me which is great for town. That was why I didnt want to say anything because once it is known it causes issues. Lynching a bomb is suicide which is why you want to keep it secret unless you are going to be lynched by townies but by random night killing them, mafia suffers.

So let me get this straight.

with your role you not only kill someone if your night killed you also kill the person who hammered you during a lynch?

is this the standard way this role works? I always thought it was one or the other but not both.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Just to add clarity.
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bomb

There is a difference between a Town Bomb and Super Saint. One kills the person who night killed them and the other kills the person who hammers on a lynch.

You will not be both.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Djfireside on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:50 pm

I have to disagree with you on that. I cover both getting killed at night and lynching. Also I believe it would have covered from the poisoning as well if I read my description right.
Private Djfireside

Postby pershy on Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:06 pm

OK a few things strike me about DJ.

Going back a bit first this

Djfireside wrote:Pershy - I have had thoughts on him since round 2 and when tenbar went down after the bus driving he stated to review Pershy. I believe this to be that pershy was part of his busdrive and either was the target of the hit or the one giving it. Tenbar died that night.

What did I have to do with bus driving? I don't get this logic. As far as I know I wasn't bus driven but even if i was, what's that got to do with anything.

Then I also read that he insinuated he had helped protect the cop or had a protective power role (this made me suspicious), then after the protective role claims he claims town bomb. Backtracking? Also the perfect don't lynch me fake claim. However I agree with Neb that this would be too stupid not to be true.
Lieutenant pershy

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives