Conquer Club

Halo: The Mafia: Day 6: End of the World as we KnowIt (9/25)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Halo: The Mafia: Day 5: nunununununun, BATMAN (11/25)

Postby samgrossy on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:48 pm

So here is what I am going to say. I think we either have an inactive or I think I have found a target. And I am ashamed of not getting to it until now. Needless to say I have and still am sidetracked with this Chuck issue. I guess there are probably so many scum alive, they didn't want to point it out (which makes my case a little stronger).

Soundman. I have done a thorough search of his name in this thread, and he has very rarely posted. In fact, there are more vote counts that come up with his name highlighted than actual posts.

So here is what I will do.

Jak - could you prod soundman?

And to put some pressure on him - VOTE SOUNDMAN
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby new guy1 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:21 pm

I'm on my phone still so I will try to cover everything and if I miss something point it out. The timing was odd because I didn't know if mafia would get a gift (came in a message from jak) that was a day kill and so I kept it quiet till I used it. I choose doom because I only had til the end of the day to use it, he had been silent for a while, and plus it'd good to know if the experienced players are with or against town. I will tell you that I find it funny the experienced players managed to twist my words of it was bad for mafia to I'm not town, and I think that further proves the investigation true. Posting this cause phone is almost dead.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Okay Zimmah. I asked you this once before and you gave me a pat answer. Can you please tell me what you know about last night.

show
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Also, while I'm at it, Campin ... why are you being so quiet. Scummarining?
ImageImageImage
show

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:09 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Also, while I'm at it, Campin ... why are you being so quiet. Scummarining?

Campin got busted as a multi, we need a replacement here.

Again sam, if you are a third party survivor, all you have to do is survive until endgame. At that point, whoever has the strongest remaining faction members you'll probably side with. Not to mention the fact that if mafia and town are even numbers and you are the swing vote, mafia can still threaten mutual destruction by offing you if you don't side with them. If town is absolutely steamrolling mafia, then I can see leaving you alive. But honestly, I think that endgame LYLO is going to be very close mafia/town split so I really think you're going to side with mafia should that happen.
Captain safariguy5

Postby zimmah on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:23 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Okay Zimmah. I asked you this once before and you gave me a pat answer. Can you please tell me what you know about last night.

show

i believe i already told you, i know nothing more than you do.

i don't have any investigative or killing night actions. if that's what you mean.

just because my name was mentioned in the last 2 night scenes doesn't make me scum, some guys targeted me but have no idea for what reason, and we can only guess by the night scene what exactly happened.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:45 pm

in fact, now that you mention it, there's something that happened in night 3, which i didn't tell before because i didn't want to give the identity of the doctor away, but since the doc is dead now anyway, i can spill this information.

I am partly self-aware, so i know (sometimes) who targeted me. sadly, this does not work all the time, but luckily, it worked on night 3. On that night, a was targeted by LSU and DiM (who is now replaced by everywhere)

this is the part of the night scene that was caught on tape. while i don't know what the scene is all about, it seems like i was saved by a doc (blood, wounds, bandages, etc.) And since at least two persons targeted me of which one was the doctor (which is now confirmed) it's possible that i was also targeted by some killer.

the man talking with me might be my mason.

Camera 152
*Motion Detected*
***Recording***
Three men were in a room together. One of them was identifiable, the other two were not. The man known was Zimmah. He was talking to one of the men while the other was hiding back quite a ways, keeping a keen eye on the two talking. The man in the background moved closer to Zimmah and the man talking.
*Connection Lost*
**Attempting to Reestablish Connection**
*Connection Attempt Failed*
**Source of Problem has been found**
*Power back Online*
***Recording***
Blood... Blood covered Zimmah. He turned around and the camera caught glimpses of bandages wrapped around his wounds. The one man was looking at him from a distance, but the man Zimmah was talking to was no where to be found. Zimmah groaned in pain, but he limped off of the FoV of the camera. The strange man was quick to be behind Zimmah.
****Recording Ended, Save File?****
A click was made, a soft one that sent the video footage to the bridge.

anyway, seems like everywhere has a killing role.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:59 pm

sorry for the triple vote, but i just rechecked the treat to check for posts from DiM and Everywhere (the replacement of dim). They both didn't post a lot, but:

DiM wrote:so zimmah was saved by a doc. (the bandages and all that)
but if zimmah was targeted for a kill then why do we have 2 deaths?

on N1 there were 2 kills.
on N2 a person went missing
on N3 2 kills and a save.

something is seriously weird here.

maybe he was trying to get attention away from the fact he was trying to kill me, especially in case someone tracked him? (note, this is one of the FEW posts with any kind of content in them from DiM)

and as for everywhere, he also doesn't post often and the few posts he makes are often short oneliners. and he also was pretty quick to drop the hammer on x-raider, even though i didn't trust x-raider either after he refused to post several times. his last post was just a vote on sam, so it seems to me like he's just joining bandwagons and trying to get away with it.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:00 pm

zimmah wrote:sorry for the triple post, but i just rechecked the treat to check for posts from DiM and Everywhere (the replacement of dim). They both didn't post a lot, but:

DiM wrote:so zimmah was saved by a doc. (the bandages and all that)
but if zimmah was targeted for a kill then why do we have 2 deaths?

on N1 there were 2 kills.
on N2 a person went missing
on N3 2 kills and a save.

something is seriously weird here.

maybe he was trying to get attention away from the fact he was trying to kill me, especially in case someone tracked him? (note, this is one of the FEW posts with any kind of content in them from DiM)

and as for everywhere, he also doesn't post often and the few posts he makes are often short oneliners. and he also was pretty quick to drop the hammer on x-raider, even though i didn't trust x-raider either after he refused to post several times. his last post was just a vote on sam, so it seems to me like he's just joining bandwagons and trying to get away with it.

EBWODP
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby jak111 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Iron Butterfly will be replacing Campin. Sending prods out tonight before bed. I have a pretty good guess on who's here and who's not XD. <.< >.> Maybe I should issue more mod kills and scare them back into the game... jk.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby pancakemix on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:57 pm

samgrossy wrote:You guys are making a big mistake.

Let me defend myself just one last time. I hope this makes sense. All of this doesn't matter if Chuck flipped town, because even the best players can make crap decisions.

Chuck's full case against me was based on one thing - knowing that someone was silenced. He even got modkilled because of breaking the rules about it. Until the modkill, you were all on the side of "That argument is flimsy at best" And some of you even voted for Chuck because of it. Actually, more of you were voting him than me.

So Now that Chuck flipped town, his argument holds more merit? I don't think so. He knew my name. Hde still built his case on one thing I said, and I have explained it. But his case still DOESN'T HOLD ANY MORE MERIT than it did before he flipped town. Remember, town is struggling here and I am aligned AGAINST mafia, and I WANT TO LYNCH MAFIA. So, lynching me gets none of us any closer to victory, and actually puts us all closer to LyLo. Something we don't want.

He didn't just flip town. He flipped cop. That makes a world of difference. It means he probably actually had a good reason for going after you.

And I don't believe you if you just say "I want to lynch mafia". That's not something I'm going to take at face value, especially with a survivor claim.

So, pancake is leading the charge on find legitimate cases, and his case right now is on me, but has suspicions on new guy1. And In my limited experience, Mafia doesn't really lead the charge too much, at least in this stage.

If something doesn't sound right it's probably not true. This is something I have learned through years of playing mafia and watching Judge Judy. What newguy said is oddly-timed and very opportunistic. It's sounds a lot like bullshit. Granted, Doom's comeback wasn't spectacular, but the whole situation just sounds fishy.

So what I am going to do is go back into the record and find a case against someone. Something I think we all should do if we are going to win this thing.

Read: "This is my perception of what a townie does, so I will now go and do that so I don't seem like scum".

At this stage, you'd have to present far more than an alternative to get out of this. And since you've really given all you could that would change it, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're as good as lynched.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby samgrossy on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:51 pm

pancakemix wrote:
He didn't just flip town. He flipped cop. That makes a world of difference. It means he probably actually had a good reason for going after you.

And I don't believe you if you just say "I want to lynch mafia". That's not something I'm going to take at face value, especially with a survivor claim.

He didn't flip cop, he flipped INVESTIGATOR, that's how he knew my name. We've already lynched the TWO town cops. I have no night actions, therefore he wouldn't be able to witness anything. At least take a moment to consider that. That's why his case is so flimsy and I don't see why you are pushing so hard against me. I can understand that we need to make sure we get a Mafia lynch, but if you lynch me, my guess is that we, the town, have lost.

We have lynch only two Mafia, and in a 25 player game, is it unreasonable for balance to have 6 Mafia? 7 Mafia? If so, with 6 Mafia that puts us at LyLo tomorrow, with 7 mafia that gives them the win. I think you need to believe me when I say you are making the wrong push.

I am telling you I am a survivor, aligned with town, and the only way for me to win is if town wins. Mafia wins, I'm out. Other than Chuck's push, you have other case against me. I haven't seen a single LEGITIMATE CASE against me. UGH!! Let's get scum!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:11 am

Hey folks. I will be taking Campins role. I have not looked at this game since i was killed day one the first go round. Jak asked me to fill in today. Bare with me as I need to get an understanding of what I missed.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby ShaggyDan on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:37 am

samgrossy wrote:Chuck's full case against me was based on one thing - knowing that someone was silenced. He even got modkilled because of breaking the rules about it.

I would agree with you if this point was true, but the fact is we have no idea why chuck was modkilled. My main reason for voting you is that the claim of a survivor that wins with the town is really just a vanilla townie... so I am certain that you are lying (at least in part) about your role. Plus as I've repeatedly said; it seems very underpowered to just have a vanilla survivor that wins with the town. Even in a regular game without crazy roles that would be very UP.

The fact that Chuck was hammering through a weak case on you makes me think he got mod-killed by violating a post restriction rule. I'm willing to follow it through.

Vote Samgrossy if I'm not already.

As for other points on the day; in regards to the NewGuy vs. DoomYoshi debate. I find it too confusing all around to have a firm stance.

@NewGuy: Why didn't you out the investigation at the beggining of the day? Do you know any more about this power?

@DoomYoshi: Can you PM the mod about a replacement role pm? The fact you say you lost it seems to me that you're just giving yourself an out if you slip up.

@Everyone else: Can anyone verify the presence of a day-gifter? Either through having gifts before or being the person who gives them. We're getting down to the wire, if there is a day-gifter they should come forward now.

pancakemix wrote:If something doesn't sound right it's probably not true. This is something I have learned through years of playing mafia and watching Judge Judy. What newguy said is oddly-timed and very opportunistic. It's sounds a lot like bullshit. Granted, Doom's comeback wasn't spectacular, but the whole situation just sounds fishy.

Quoted for truth.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:47 am

ok so let's have a retrospective on Campin.

• When pressed on the point, Campin said he was Colby but refused to say any more than that.
  • In his previous post he said "Lying ain't fun, isit?"
  • Chuck did his vote, unvote, thing on Shaggy, Campin and Sam ... to wit Campin votes Chuck with the simple quip "that was interesting".
  • On day one there was also this: "I myself have never played Halo, so other than the fact that USNC and Convenant are against each other, I know nothing... So, please excuse my lack of Halo knowledge".

The rest of the time Campin has been very careful in what he has said and playing the game well. But I find the above sufficiently scumworthy to warrant some attention. And what better time than when he has been replaced!

I will add that chuck was the town inspector and his votes were just weird and strange. Accordingly, its not because Chuck was mentioned in that interlude but because of how he responded.

So, as a welcome and a push ... unvote vote IB ... and let's see what you have to say. If anything, this is a pressure vote because I am still trying to get to grips with who Colby is.

Also, a question while I'm at it, was Campin saying that he didn't know much about Halo or was that flavor from his character?
ImageImageImage
show

Postby jak111 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:35 am

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

soundman ~ Samgrossy (L5)
new guy1 ~
zimmah ~
Samgrossy ~ Everywhere, Pancake, Saf, Doom, Zimmah, Shaggy (LYNCHED)
Thehippo8 ~
DoomYoshi ~ New Guy (L5)
pancakemix ~
Safariguy v2 ~
Campin_Killer ~
ShaggyDan ~
Everywhere116 ~

That was a pretty quick lynch o.e I think a few of you will be surprised with the upcoming scene and death, but feel free to send in Night Actions now.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:43 am

The clock stroke six.
The men had decided this man was no use to the UNSC. This man was a veteran... this man was a SURVIVOR. He fought the hard battles on Harvest, Reach, and Earth. Now, for living through those, he would face the death penalty of ten men and women. Bullets sprayed, guns peppered, the man fell to his knees, breathing the last breath that he would take in this universe before collapsing to the ground.

Upon checking the body, a marine yelled out "Damn it, he was one of our own", the marine held up the dead man's arm, on the shoulder was the tattoo of a Helljumper. This man had seen things none of the others could have imagined and they just wasted him away like he was nothing.

Keith, Town Survivor (Samgrossy) has been lynched.

Deadline for night in 48 hours.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Re: Halo: The Mafia: Night 5: ♫I will survive!♪ (10/25)

Postby samgrossy on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Keep lynching town, all, keep doing it! Especially on flimsy cases. (can't tell I'm bitter or anything!)

Thus says the ghost of Keith, Survivor.

Postby jak111 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:09 pm

Extending deadline until tonight somewhere around 11pm EST... I'm not happy with the lack of actions guys... I really am not happy.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby zimmah on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:43 pm

jak111 wrote:Extending deadline until tonight somewhere around 11pm EST... I'm not happy with the lack of actions guys... I really am not happy.

i thought there would not be a deadline extension....
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:52 pm

Is it day yet? There's lots of chatting!

ImageImageImage
show

Postby jak111 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 pm

zimmah wrote:
jak111 wrote:Extending deadline until tonight somewhere around 11pm EST... I'm not happy with the lack of actions guys... I really am not happy.

i thought there would not be a deadline extension....

Just bare with me here bud. I'm extending it because it NEEDS to be extended.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 pm

~Facepalm~ The list must not have saved and I was expecting more night actions, being stupidly unaware of how quickly people are dying out and less actions are needed -.- Sorry guys for getting after ya.. Damn I feel a bit out of it XD Scene coming up before I go to bed XD
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:53 pm

His body, mangled, his clothes, burnt, his face, unrecognizable. We had to do a head count to figure out who he was. "That was the comm officer from the bridge", one of the marines had said earlier, looks as if he was right. This man worked the bridge on the Communications Array... without him it may be a long time before anyone comes to help the crew.

Kyle, Vanilla Townie (Pancakemix) has been killed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Camera 007
*Motion Detected*
***Record..***
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Camera 003
*Motion Detected*
***Recording***
Zimmah was seen upon the monitors, him and one other. He approached another man from behind. The man turned around and opened his mouth....
*Signal lost*
**Signal Found**
Blood... covered the room, bullet casings covered the floor and blood as splattered across the walls. A few bodies littered the floor, more than what was in the room before.
*Signal Lost*
**Signal Found**
The room was bare, no casing, no blood, and no bodies.. what's going on?
****Recording Ended, Save File****
Yes was quickly clicked and sent to the bridge.

Day 6 begins, with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!!!
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Re: Halo: The Mafia: Day 6: End of the World as we KnowIt (9

Postby new guy1 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:01 am

I am really starting to wonder why Zimmah is showing up on all of these cameras, but its 1 AM here, so I will post something more of substance later.
Sergeant new guy1

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives