Conquer Club

Actors Mafia Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Actors Mafia 11/18 Day 5: Hope Can Kill A Man

Postby pancakemix on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:47 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:I think spiesr's lead on pcm is more promising. I also made a note of this earlier, during the case on VS:

pancakemix wrote:First off, Travis Bickle? Town vig? Hell no. Bickle is a psychopath, not a vigilante. If he is a vig, he's overeager at best, and that just makes him dangerous.

I actually watched Taxi Driver the other night (been meaning to for a while; this just further inspired me). Travis Bickle only kills 4-5 people in the movie. 1 was robbing a store at gunpoint, and the other 3-4 (can't remember) he killed trying to free a 12-year-old Jodie Foster from prostitution. He's absolutely a vigilante character. When I re-read this, it seemed like pcm was falsifying information about the character to speed up the case. I could be wrong, but I wanted to get it out there now that blake has been hammered and it won't detract from that case, and in case I die tonight.

Yeah, but he tried to kill the politician too. So I definitely think overeager vig at the very least, especially when you consider he got the guns illegally.

This. Plus the whole stalking thing and apparently not stopping a guy planning to gruesomely murder his wife. Not exactly sane things to do, hm?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:58 pm

zimmah wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
zimmah wrote:
blakebowling wrote:I don't understand what you want me to post. I've told you the truth about everything, either you believe me (or you know lynching a doc would be horrible for town), or you lynch me today. I'm more than willing to answer questions, but I am the doc. I just don't know how I can verify that today.

a doc not taking half his night actions is not horrible? :roll:

It was a lie, what did you expect?

i knew you was lying all along, but the rest didn't really believe me. in the end we did get the real doctor to claim tho, not sure if that's a good thing, but i doubt it will hurt us much either, as we were getting a clear image on what's going on this day. i have a feeling this game will be over soon.

I figured the game balance would have a doctor, just not sure if blake was fakeclaiming doc or he just played doc very poorly. Either way, we don't want to make assumptions about what roles are present or not present. I only make educated guesses related to the roles revealed through death, but many things are still on the table when we examine claims.
Captain safariguy5

Postby zimmah on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:16 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
zimmah wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
zimmah wrote:
blakebowling wrote:I don't understand what you want me to post. I've told you the truth about everything, either you believe me (or you know lynching a doc would be horrible for town), or you lynch me today. I'm more than willing to answer questions, but I am the doc. I just don't know how I can verify that today.

a doc not taking half his night actions is not horrible? :roll:

It was a lie, what did you expect?

i knew you was lying all along, but the rest didn't really believe me. in the end we did get the real doctor to claim tho, not sure if that's a good thing, but i doubt it will hurt us much either, as we were getting a clear image on what's going on this day. i have a feeling this game will be over soon.

I figured the game balance would have a doctor, just not sure if blake was fakeclaiming doc or he just played doc very poorly. Either way, we don't want to make assumptions about what roles are present or not present. I only make educated guesses related to the roles revealed through death, but many things are still on the table when we examine claims.

well i just thought the claims (about activity and 'thinking he was dead' and all) from blake didn't add up, that's why i didn't believe him.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby strike wolf on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:28 pm

Vote Count

Bgthebrain
blakebowling (7)-zimmah, newguy1, drake_259, Safariguy, drunkmonkey, bgthebrain, Jonty
Zimmah
Mr. Squirrel
Jonty
drunkmonkey
newguy
spiesr
mob deadly
pancakemix
drake 259 (1)-blakebowling
safariguy
No lynch

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
Blake has been lynched
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby zimmah on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:31 pm

strike wolf wrote:Vote Count

Bgthebrain
blakebowling (7)-zimmah, newguy1, drake_259, Safariguy, drunkmonkey, bgthebrain, Jonty
Zimmah
Mr. Squirrel
Jonty
drunkmonkey
newguy
spiesr
mob deadly
pancakemix
drake 259 (1)-blakebowling
safariguy
No lynch

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
Blake has been lynched

that's the first time i have seen someone getting lynched with 1 EXTRA vote. i think that deserves a special, extra high tree.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby strike wolf on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:08 am

Luke I Am Your Doctor

The day began uneventfully for the remaining town. Their numbers had thinned since last seen but they were sure that they were closing in on the scum. As the day progressed they noticed one townie hiding in the shadows through much of the game. "This guy's not helping at all" One said and the others gathered around him..
Stepping forward the man plead his case. "Don't lynch me I'm the doc. I just forgot I was still alive."

The town argued for a while but only a few of them were willing to put pressure in. Finally a former inactive stepped forward himself. "He is not the doc I'm the doc!" From there it didn't take long as the town gathered around him and before anyone knew it he was dead.

As they looked at his body and observed the scalpals around his body there was only one thing that was said. "Well he was A doctor.

Blakebowling-Darth Vader-Mafia Doctor has been lynched.

It is now night 5. 72 hours until the next day.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Actors Mafia 10/18 night 5: The Dark Side

Postby strike wolf on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:26 pm

Captain Ramius was gathered in his quarters. He had been through a lot lately and he wondered if he had made the right decisions. Worst of all he had found traitors among his men and he knew not all of them had been punished. As morning dawned he finally learned the face of one of them.

"I should have known." He said briefly.

"They never do" his adversary replied and with a single flash Captain Ramius fell to the ground.

Jonty125-Captain Ramius town busdriver has been killed.

It is now Day 6. With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Actors Mafia 9/18 Day 6: Red October

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:23 am

I'm really concerned that Mr. Squirrel may be just dropping hints to deflect suspicion off himself. Basically, he hasn't given us any information besides "I have some sort of role beneficial to town, in some sort of killing capacity". Oh, and for some reason he has a bulletproof vest. So if he's vaguely beneficial to town, it makes no sense for him to be one-shot bulletproof if he's some sort of bomb role or vengeful townie role. He's not the vig obviously, and I can't help but think he's just playing out the string on his innocence.

vote Mr. Squirrel
Captain safariguy5

Postby zimmah on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:16 am

so squirrel, that role you talked about before, did you use it yet? and if yes, why did you use it?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:28 am

zimmah wrote:so squirrel, that role you talked about before, did you use it yet? and if yes, why did you use it?

I'll just claim now, because that's kind of a difficult question to answer with my role.

I'm Cpl. Nikanor "Nick" Chevotarevich from Deer Hunter (Christopher Walken). I was given a 1-shot bulletproof vest (I am in the military after all) and I can also make other players play russian roulette with me.

If I choose one player to play russian roulette with, he has a 1/6 shot of being killed. If it fails, then I have a 1/6 shot of killing myself. If we both fail, then I add another bullet to the gun for use on later nights (making it a 1/3 chance from then on). I will keep adding bullets to the gun until I actually manage to kill someone. I was told that my bulletproof vest would not protect me from shooting myself.

However, the role also is activated if someone visits me during the night with a gun. When BG visited me, we played russian roulette (neither of us died), and then he shot me and I lost my bulletproof vest. Consequently, right now I have two bullets in the gun.

I've been too afraid to use my role up until now because I didn't want to accidentally kill myself, obviously. But I figured I could use my role as a trap for scum. I've been dropping more and more hints toward my role so that I might seem like a threat to the scum in endgame, in the hopes that they would target me and I might be able to knock one of them off. And even if my ability failed and I still got killed by the scum, then I figured my role was a more acceptable loss than some of the others in this game. The only time I plan on actually targeting someone with my role is if we are at lylo.

TL;DR Zimmah, yes my role has been used, but not by my choice.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby new guy1 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:28 pm

i think i can buy that since thats kinda hard to make up out of thin air :D.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:01 pm

new guy1 wrote:i think i can buy that since thats kinda hard to make up out of thin air :D.
On one hand that would to be the case. However, on the other hand, I could definitely see Mr. Squirrel as being capable of inventing some crazy role like that to fake-claim. He could be deliberately taking advantage of such sentiments as you expressed. Currently, I am less than convinced. Mr. Squirrel, are you informed when people visit you, and if so, to what extent does that information include? Also, does your role have a name?
zimmah wrote:so squirrel, that role you talked about before, did you use it yet? and if yes, why did you use it?
While we are asking questions, did you find anything last night that you would like to share? Although, depending on what you found, you might want to wait for the relevant people to post before you share I guess.
I targeted pancakemix last night again. As you can see, Jonty still managed to die. So here are some possibilties:
*Pancakemix is innocent, and the appearance that the mafia roleblocker didn't do anything on the nights where I blocked him is a fluke.
*Pancakemix is the scum roleblocker, but not the only remaining scum member.
*Jonty did something that effected the results of the night, and we have no idea what it is. (IE switch pancakemix and someone else.)
*Jonty died in some way other than a scum kill. (Playing with Mr. Squirrel?)
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:18 pm

i am the man with no name.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:26 pm

new guy1 wrote:i am the man with no name.
Sorry for the confusion, but I was actually asking Mr. Squirrel that question, and I wasn't referring to character name...
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:28 pm

ohh ok haha. i didnt know if it was directed towards me or him, but i figured it would do no harm to say it again.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:55 pm

spiesr wrote: Mr. Squirrel, are you informed when people visit you, and if so, to what extent does that information include? Also, does your role have a name?

After Night 4, Strike told me that I had been visited by a man carrying a gun, that neither of us died in the roulette game, and that my gun now has two bullets in it. I am merely assuming that that gun carrier had to be BG. I have received no other PMs from strike so far this game. In my role pm, I am just called 'russian roulette player'
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby zimmah on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:

I'll just claim now, because that's kind of a difficult question to answer with my role.

I'm Cpl. Nikanor "Nick" Chevotarevich from Deer Hunter (Christopher Walken). I was given a 1-shot bulletproof vest (I am in the military after all) and I can also make other players play russian roulette with me.

If I choose one player to play russian roulette with, he has a 1/6 shot of being killed. If it fails, then I have a 1/6 shot of killing myself. If we both fail, then I add another bullet to the gun for use on later nights (making it a 1/3 chance from then on). I will keep adding bullets to the gun until I actually manage to kill someone. I was told that my bulletproof vest would not protect me from shooting myself.

However, the role also is activated if someone visits me during the night with a gun. When BG visited me, we played russian roulette (neither of us died), and then he shot me and I lost my bulletproof vest. Consequently, right now I have two bullets in the gun.

I've been too afraid to use my role up until now because I didn't want to accidentally kill myself, obviously. But I figured I could use my role as a trap for scum. I've been dropping more and more hints toward my role so that I might seem like a threat to the scum in endgame, in the hopes that they would target me and I might be able to knock one of them off. And even if my ability failed and I still got killed by the scum, then I figured my role was a more acceptable loss than some of the others in this game. The only time I plan on actually targeting someone with my role is if we are at lylo.

TL;DR Zimmah, yes my role has been used, but not by my choice.

i see two flaws in your claim.

1) if your 'ability' turns any attack towards you into a russian roulette, i don't see why he would shoot you normally after that, and thereby shooting your vest.

2) you targeted jonty last night. i suppose you just wanted to drink a cup of coffee with him?

vote Mr. Squirrel for obvious reasons: he's godfather.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby new guy1 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:42 pm

i have to say, my suspicions are on godfather, because of the bulletproof vest. also, now that hes been revealed what mafia would dare go near him now anyways. the only reason hes good for now is a townie left near the end... vote Mr. Squirrel
Sergeant new guy1

Postby zimmah on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:55 pm

i think i'll clarify my first post a bit more just in case:

about his roleclaim:

Mr. Squirrel wrote:If I choose one player to play russian roulette with, he has a 1/6 shot of being killed. If it fails, then I have a 1/6 shot of killing myself. If we both fail, then I add another bullet to the gun for use on later nights (making it a 1/3 chance from then on). I will keep adding bullets to the gun until I actually manage to kill someone. I was told that my bulletproof vest would not protect me from shooting myself.

However, the role also is activated if someone visits me during the night with a gun.

Why have a bulletproof vest, if it does nothing? Since basically any and all attacks against you will become Russian roulette, and therefore bulletproof vest would become void, completely useless. Also the claim that BG shot you after the roulette doesn't make sense, because when the attack converted to Russian roulette, logic would say it'd end there, so either there's a winner or a loser, or no-one wins at all, but when the gun doesn't go off, there would be no dead, and no extra bullet fired, otherwise it would be useless to have mechanics as you described. it just doesn't add up.

about the conflicting claims:

My night action told me Mr. S visited Jonty (while we all were quite sure jonty was town busdriver). Jonty died this night as well.

Mr. Squirrel wrote:I've been too afraid to use my role up until now because I didn't want to accidentally kill myself, obviously.

he has definitly been lying, as he did target someone, while he said he never did.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby new guy1 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:00 pm

that should definately be enough for a lynch... now we need some volunteers...
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:11 pm

zimmah wrote:he has definitly been lying, as he did target someone, while he said he never did.
Well, that is pretty damning evidence there I think. At this point I would normally have to raise the possibility that Jonty had screwed up your action by bussing Mr. Squirrel with someone, but that would require Jonty to have visited Mr Squirrel. Since Squirrel claimed that whenever anyone visits him his ability is automatically activated and that he is apparently informed when this happens and that he received no such notification last night, then it doesn't add up. The only way that I see that allows Mr. Squirrel to be telling the truth about all of this is if he is only informed about his ability activating if someone tries to kill him. So err, Vote Mr. Squirrel, unless you can come up some way to explain all of this...
Captain spiesr

Postby drunkmonkey on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:23 pm

After zimmah's tracking claim, vote Mr. Squirrel
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:39 pm

spiesr wrote: Since Squirrel claimed that whenever anyone visits him his ability is automatically activated and that he is apparently informed when this happens and that he received no such notification last night, then it doesn't add up.

My ability is only activated when someone visits me with a gun. Now, I'm not sure if that means only killing roles apply or if cops also count or what (strike wouldn't specify), but I definitely don't activate my ability after every time someone targets me.

zimmah wrote:Why have a bulletproof vest, if it does nothing? Since basically any and all attacks against you will become Russian roulette, and therefore bulletproof vest would become void, completely useless. Also the claim that BG shot you after the roulette doesn't make sense, because when the attack converted to Russian roulette, logic would say it'd end there, so either there's a winner or a loser, or no-one wins at all, but when the gun doesn't go off, there would be no dead, and no extra bullet fired, otherwise it would be useless to have mechanics as you described. it just doesn't add up.

The attack isn't "converted" into russian roulette. He just has to play before he uses his action. So he can still shoot me, there's just a chance that it will fail and he will die.

I did not visit jonty last night. There really isn't any way you can trust me or for me to prove it to be so, but its true. Look back at my actions in the past. I have been helping town the entire time. That is all my evidence of my innocence. Its all that I can give. All I can suggest is that I got busdriven last night.

Track me again tonight if you wish. There really isn't anything else I can say.
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby spiesr on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:54 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:However, the role also is activated if someone visits me during the night with a gun.
Derp, I misread and missed that part there. That changes things somewhat, now it is actually possible that Jonty used his busdriver powers on you last night. In fact, with you being one of the few unclaimed roles last night, there is a semi-plausible chance that he may have switched you with one of the claimed power roles. Or maybe not? Perhaps if we have some more discussion and people claim what actions they took last night we could puzzle out who Jonty targeted? I will Unvote for the moment to stop any reckless attempts to end things too quickly now that I am mush less certain about this. I am vaguely okay with lynching pancakemix today and simply blocking you tonight...
Captain spiesr

Postby spiesr on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Nevermind about all of that I guess. This was the hammer:
drunkmonkey wrote:After zimmah's tracking claim, vote Mr. Squirrel
I think we should have taken that day a little slower...
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives