Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Greek - Game Over ~ Scum Win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Greek - D4! (6/11)

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:23 am

Vio wrote:Tails, why on Earth would you try to block safari, when he's proved himself as a townie?

...He claimed 3rd party survivor.

I also want to say that for the record- I don't trust Rodion either. That claim just screams fake-claim to me, and for all we know- Rodion and Tails could have planned this whole scheme together.

So we're scum with an elaborate scam? Well, 2 scum are down already, which means in your proposed scenario, mafia would number at least 4. If we're scum scheming to depose Saf, then we can believe his 3rd party claim, which means the game is ~6v1v4 originally. :roll: Which also means it's 2v1v3 currently. Kind of a messed up game.

C'mon Vio.

1). If this is true, and safari is mafia, then the block also would have prevented saf from watching me. The block didn't go through- which means if he tried to kill- it would go through.
It just doesn't make since from whichever angle you look at it.

Exactly... the question is then, did Saf lie? You're assuming that he's been truthful about that.

Saf wrote:I'll let my actions up to this point speak for myself.

Hence my hesitation.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:50 pm

I suppose it behooves me to come up with a theory. Mafia could have a busdriver. I know it's far fetched, but it beats waving my hands around and calling people liars. I say this mainly because the Hermes hider claim seems the most suspicious to me and I honestly thought he would have been the most likely town God to be a busdriver. Doesn't really rule out the possibility of mafia having a busdriver. But again, it's just a theory.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Rodion on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:54 am

If I had to guess, the 3rd mafia role (if not Safari) would be a flavour cop. Either that or mafia knew about Prometheus from their role PM.

Either way, I don't see how not lynching Safari is a viable option.

a) titan claim
b) flavour matches a possible arsonist (he possible has 3-4 people ready to burn when night arrives, which could end the game)
c) consecutively finding 2 mafias and then failing only reinforces "b" (he is managing mafia's deaths so he can control the game and burn to a win at the perfect moment)
d) survivor claim, meaning that even if he speaks the truth he can force an endgame earlier than expected by helping mafia achieve a no-lynch

By killing Saf we are sure that either we instantly win or at the very least there is 1 mafia out there that cannot be aided by any 3rd-party survivors. If Saf flips survivor watcher, then the PCM-Tail night interaction should tell us all we need to know.
General Rodion

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Rodion wrote:If I had to guess, the 3rd mafia role (if not Safari) would be a flavour cop. Either that or mafia knew about Prometheus from their role PM.

Either way, I don't see how not lynching Safari is a viable option.

a) titan claim
b) flavour matches a possible arsonist (he possible has 3-4 people ready to burn when night arrives, which could end the game)
c) consecutively finding 2 mafias and then failing only reinforces "b" (he is managing mafia's deaths so he can control the game and burn to a win at the perfect moment)
d) survivor claim, meaning that even if he speaks the truth he can force an endgame earlier than expected by helping mafia achieve a no-lynch

By killing Saf we are sure that either we instantly win or at the very least there is 1 mafia out there that cannot be aided by any 3rd-party survivors. If Saf flips survivor watcher, then the PCM-Tail night interaction should tell us all we need to know.

Sure, all we need to know except that you have no way of proving your abilities. Honestly, flavor fits my character as an arsonist? How about the fact that Hermes is the messenger of the Gods? How does that fit with Hider?
Captain safariguy5

Postby Rodion on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:48 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Sure, all we need to know except that you have no way of proving your abilities. Honestly, flavor fits my character as an arsonist? How about the fact that Hermes is the messenger of the Gods? How does that fit with Hider?

Fastest god has the fastest night action (hiding before anyone else does anything to him). I'm obviously not thrilled about not being able to prove my role, but you can't argue that flavour does not fit.

Besides, mafia's kill not happening proves that either:
a) Tail blocked mafia
b) I was targeted while hiding
c) Soundman was targeted while hiding

If you want to save your own hide while blaming me, you'd be forced to conclude that Soundman was targeted, which is highly unlikely as he is the most inexperienced player out of all the surviving ones (so unlikely that I have repeatedly targeted him at night).
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:49 pm

EBWOP:

Rodion wrote:c) Soundman was targeted while being bulletproof
General Rodion

Postby VioIet on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:50 pm

I stand corrected: saf did claim to be 3rd party survivor. What I meant to say when I used the word "townie," is that I feel his actions have been town-like so far.

I am beginning to think there has to be at least two mafia left, or town would be way too overpowered. Edoc knows how to balance his games very well.

I mean really- if everyone's claim is correct, then town consists of:
Doctor
Double-Voter
3 shot hider
Role-blocker
Bulletproof

Not to mention that there is a 3rd party watcher which helps town.

This is a very overpowered town, if there are only 3 mafia.

So either there are 4 mafia- or one of the "town players" has fake-claimed.

So far we know there was a godfather- and we don't know his exact powers. It is believed that he could investigate.

Also there was a mafia role-blocker.

So at least one other mafia member needs to have a great power.

Also, this doesn't seem like the type of game where town's powers match the mafia's.

Meaning-
Town role blocker & mafia role blocker
Town double-voter & mafia double-voter
Town bulletproof & mafia bullet-proof
etc, etc

I don't think edoc set things up that way. Which leads me to believe that there is not a town role-blocker.

My vote will stand for now.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Rodion wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Sure, all we need to know except that you have no way of proving your abilities. Honestly, flavor fits my character as an arsonist? How about the fact that Hermes is the messenger of the Gods? How does that fit with Hider?

Fastest god has the fastest night action (hiding before anyone else does anything to him). I'm obviously not thrilled about not being able to prove my role, but you can't argue that flavour does not fit.

Besides, mafia's kill not happening proves that either:
a) Tail blocked mafia
b) I was targeted while hiding
c) Soundman was targeted while hiding

If you want to save your own hide while blaming me, you'd be forced to conclude that Soundman was targeted, which is highly unlikely as he is the most inexperienced player out of all the surviving ones (so unlikely that I have repeatedly targeted him at night).

That last part is all WIFOM. I say that mainly because that's your main reason for claiming innocence.

unvote vote Rodion
Captain safariguy5

Postby Rodion on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:12 pm

I was not claiming innocence. All I said is there are pretty much 3 possibilities that explain the mafia no kill and by going your way of clearing yourself while blaming me, you only leave 1 of the 3 possibilities open and the most unlikely one while we are at that.

You said it was WIFOM? Yes, it was. And your last vote was all OMGUS. I can do 1-liners as well. ;)

@Violet - I think you are working from some wrong premises, but just realize that we can test Tail's claim at night by having PCM kill him while he blocks PCM. Tail will be tested N4 if the game goes that far; we have to test Safari D4 (now).
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:50 pm

New information: Soundman was NOT targeted for a night kill.

Edocsil answered a rule question regarding what would happen if I hid behind a bulletproof that got shot. I'd be dead. As you can see, I'm not.

The conclusion is either that I was mafia's target or Safari was blocked by Tail.

Strategy is pretty much this:
a) lynch Safari
b) if game is not over, PCM kills Tail, Tail blocks PCM
c) if game is not over, we'll have 4 players alive (4 out of these 5: Violet, Soundman, Tail, PCM, Rodion) ->Ares is flavour confirmed, Aphrodite is confirmed upon succesful roleblock, leaving Violet and Soundman as the viable D5 lynch options (or Rodion). Depending on which player out of the 5 died, the game is locked for town if you think really hard about strategy (I'm not going to say that because I'd rather see mafia kill the wrong town player)
General Rodion

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:34 pm

I would just like to say I am wary of Rodion for the same reasons Saf is, but I'm not entirely convinced you're scum yet. Also, you keep pressing that I test my claim tonight on pancake. I believe that to be a mistake, if indeed there is a busdriver, which would suit your interests, Rodion. Hermes would indeed fit busdriver, as he was also god of trade and commerce, thieves and shepherds and such.

If you're working on the premise that I block pcm and pcm targets me, it's easy enough for a busdriver to switch us, and I'll block myself, pcm would kill himself, and then I would get the axe tomorrow, being blamed for pcm's death.

Vio--

It still wouldn't be balanced. If edoc had made the game 6v1v4, town could've been defeated by end of D2. Just think N1: mafia makes their kill, blocked the right person, and let's say pcm targeted town and killed them. That's 4v1v4, LYLO. Hell, if Saf decided to side with scum then the game would be over. That is entirely possible, but luckily pcm is the vig and wasn't too eager.

-Tails

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:36 am

Hermes would indeed fit busdriver, as he was also god of trade and commerce, thieves and shepherds and such.

Scratch this part. It's far more sensible flavor-wise that Hermes would be a fake claim, if anything. This is, after all, titans vs. gods.

-Tails

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Here's my perspective:

Violet
(Athena, 2X Voter)

Goddess of reason, known for persuasiveness. Makes sense.

Soundman
(Poseidon, bulletproof)

God of water and oceans, unable to be reached by other gods. Makes sense.

Rodion
(Hermes, 3-shot hider)

Messenger god. I'm inclined to say this doesn't fit. Quickness could be involved in hiding, yes, but it als involves hiding with someone and inherent cowardice. Hermes does not fit either of those things. On top of that, why a 3-shot? What's the purpose of only having three opportunities in a game that's practically over on the fourth day?

I'm not inclined to trust Rodion on gameplay either. I'm never keen on someone telling me how to use my role, especially in a way that would render it ineffectual for a crucial night.

Safari
(Prometheus, 3rd-party watcher)

Watcher makes sense for Prometheus flavorwise, as we've already discussed. He's a Titan, though, and that's what makes this situation a bit messy.

His contributions have brought much benefit to us, but there's one thing that's occurred me: the whole theme of the Golden Pantheon series is the dichotomy of good vs. evil and all that. A 3rd-party does not fit that overarching theme. So that doesn't sit well with me in that regard. In addition, I could see Prometheus being some sort of usurper flavor-wise, being with the Titans but then betraying them as Minor point, but he sort of suggested I was an SK? Doesn't make a lot of sense either.

[Addendum: Egyptian had a 3rd-party too, it seems. I stopped following that after I died, so that's why I didn't know that. So the only things really against Saf are flavor and Tail's claims, see below for that.]

Tails
(Aphrodite, roleblocker)

Goddess of love. Makes sense in traditional roleblocker flavor. I'd be inclined to believe it, but...

The Victor thing doesn't sit well with me. You could argue that Strike blocked Tails and thus Victor was allowed to pass through to Strike, but we can't be sure on that, can we? And if it's a lie, then it is what it is. And there's one other thing that doesn't add up: Safari is suggesting that he was NOT blocked last night. It's very possible that he's lying about this and didn't even send a kill at all. Flavor text also seems to back this up.

Yahweh looked down from above. Just days before the scene playing out beneath him had been dire, but tonight the tides were tipping in his favor. His forces were not yet in the clear, there would be more dead before this strife was done but for tonight the chains of hell were still.

On the other hand, Aphrodite is one hell of a fake claim if it's so. Not completely sure whether or not to buy that.

One of those three is lying, and I have reason to believe it could be any one of them. Thankfully however, we have room enough to take care of all of them. The only question that remains is where to start. I think Tails has the most gameplay inconsistencies, so I'd suggest we start there. At the very least, his death will tell us more about where we should go next.

Vote Tails
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby edocsil on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Vote Count

Tailgunner (3) ~~~ PCM ??? Soundman
Rodion (1) ~~~ Safari
Safari (1) ~~~ Rodion

6 alive 4 to lynch, Vio if you had voted in green Tailgunner would have been hung.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm

edoc wrote:6 alive 4 to lynch, Vio if you had voted in green Tailgunner would have been hung.

Hanged. Also, Soundman unvoted on the last page.

pcm wrote:
Yahweh looked down from above. Just days before the scene playing out beneath him had been dire, but tonight the tides were tipping in his favor. His forces were not yet in the clear, there would be more dead before this strife was done but for tonight the chains of hell were still.

I think you're reading too much into that.

The Victor thing doesn't sit well with me. You could argue that Strike blocked Tails and thus Victor was allowed to pass through to Strike, but we can't be sure on that, can we? And if it's a lie, then it is what it is. And there's one other thing that doesn't add up: Safari is suggesting that he was NOT blocked last night.

Or a busdriver... Which would explain away Rodion's claim that he hid behind Soundman.

In addition, I could see Prometheus being some sort of usurper flavor-wise, being with the Titans but then betraying them as Minor point, but he sort of suggested I was an SK? Doesn't make a lot of sense either.

If he was an usurper, I would think he would stop killing mafia after the GF was deposed.

-Tails

Postby soundman on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:37 pm

edocsil wrote:Vote Count

Tailgunner (3) ~~~ PCM ??? Soundman
Rodion (1) ~~~ Safari
Safari (1) ~~~ Rodion

6 alive 4 to lynch, Vio if you had voted in green Tailgunner would have been hung.

I did unvote.

While I think Rodion is more suspicious than Tails, I'm going to go with PCM on this. If he comes up town then I think Rodion or Saf should be the one to look at tomorrow.

Vote Tails
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Rodion on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:37 pm

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
General Rodion

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Well that's L-1, I'm willing to hammer if there's nothing else to say.
Captain safariguy5

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Do it.

-Tails

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:38 am

unvote vote tails
Captain safariguy5

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:23 am

Just remember what I said y'all. Saf, choose whom to watch wisely.

-Tails

Postby edocsil on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:38 am

Lynch. Scene in a few hours.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:22 pm

All the remaining gods assembled. They hoped to finish this once and for all, so the assembled gods all stepped forward one at a time to state their name and purpose. There was a liar yet however. A god had a cunning mask fit to his face and was able to deceive the other gods of his true name. All professed to be united against the Titans seeking to regain their power, but who had lied?

Aphrodite thought she held the secret in her hands. She thought she knew the identity of their foes, but when she made her claims she was struck down and called a traitor. Barely able to raise a voice in protest from shock she did not resist as the other gods drained from her the immortality that made her a god threw her from their assembly to be broken on the slopes of Mount Olympus.

Tailgunner ~ Aphrodite Roleblocker has been hung!

It is now Night 4 due to the low number of players night has been reduced to 48 hours.
Edoc'sil

Re: Golden Pantheon - Greek - N4! (5/11)

Postby pancakemix on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:07 am

:-^ ...
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Re: Golden Pantheon - Greek - N4! (5/11)

Postby edocsil on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:44 am

I'm, 8 hours overdue sue me :lol: Besides it's the last scene.

Yahweh watched his last remaining heroes move through the night, unaware of their danger. Ares and Athena moved through the night, stalked by the god of chains, Prometheus. Quickly he struck down Athena aside, and engaged Ares. Ares tried to turn, but the chains were already looped around his neck, choking the life out of him. As the world faded an act of desperation came upon him. Ares drew his blade but was unable to turn to face his killer. Knowing that the end was coming either way Ares reversed the blade and thrust in into his breast, to strike true through his own body into the heart of the god of chains. Together they fell into the embrace of death.

Atlas viewed the mighty gods struggle and the unexpected defeat of Prometheus and moved in for the kill of his own. With mighty arms he snapped the neck of Athena just as she began to recover from her fall.

And so the brief reign of the Olympians ended. The last survivors of the conflict would be the Titans, their battles were over and Satan reigned supreme.

PCM ~ Ares Vig has been killed
Violet ~ Athena doublevoter has been killed
Safariguy ~ Prometheus SK has been killed
Rodion ~ Hermes Hider Has been Endgamed

Soundman ~ Atlas Goon has won as well as the rest of the scum.

Satan, enjoy your victory here. It will not last. The righteous will prevail no matter their oppression.
Last edited by edocsil on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edoc'sil

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives