Conquer Club

H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (10/17)[D4] A Tale of Revenge & Sh

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Woah there. Time for some fun finally.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:22 pm

jak111 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
dazza2008 wrote:
jak111 wrote:Well... that was actually an awesome double night kill, a 3rd party AND Mafia die at night. But how many mafia are there? 3 mafia are dead and 1 3rd party.. so I assume 1 or 2 more?

As for clearances go I'll post a list of what we got, since I see not much I can add to this besides that we're doing a pretty good job lately ;).

1. MoB Deadly Claims Doctor (and saved two people, I think this fully clears him + he counterclaimed against Mafia getting us a kill).
2. dazza2008
4. spiesr
5. everywhere116
7. jonty125
8. Victor Sullivan
10. new guy1
12. soundman Claims Roleblocker Cleared by MoB
16. DoomYoshi
17. jak111 Claims VT Cleared by MoB

If I'm missing any claims or someone else is cleared through another means, go ahead and edit my list through a quote or something.

How can MoB clear people? He is the doctor. Just because he tried to protect you does not clear you.

MoB is clear as his counter claim got a scumbag lynche and same with Sound but you are not in the clear Jak.

+1

+1 again.

Looking through the scenes it seems the Kingpin mentioned today is the same as the large man from dawn D1. At this point, it's probably just a single player. Probably still a bit early for a massclaim though. Interesting that jak is trying to 'clear' himself based on doctor protections. That seems slightly scummy to me. Also, it is interesting that I didn't even know everything was in this game... looking back a few pages, I have noticed that he was an active participant. However, since he didn't register in my brain that could be him trying to lay very low.

Well you see I said it's open to change, but I cleared myself because there were two killers and only 1 kill the night I was protected. (Hence I was targeted by either or) So under your WIFOM logic

What WIFOM logic?

I could be mafia and strike targeted me, but I don't 100% know whom targeted me. My list isn't 100% neither,

Obviously the list isn't 100%. But you are 'clearing' yourself based on doctor protections. How is this is any way a defense?

for all we know if you wanted to WIFOM even more is that MoB is really Mafia just saying he protected people (Which isn't logical since he counterclaimed a mafia).

But what I'm trying to get at is I'm not 3rd party since 3rd party just obviously won and is now out of the game,

So you are saying that there can only be one third-party? How is it that you know so much about the setup that I don't?

but what's the likely hood of me being mafia?

Good Question.
There's obviously only 1-2 mafia left still in play, perhaps just 1, I do not know. So the chance of me being mafia is either 1/10 or 1/5 (depending if there's 1 or 2 left).

So THEN you put in the factor of being protected on a night of only one kill is obvious I was targeted, hmm? So that would lower my chances of being mafia way lower, it'd HAVE to rely on MoB protecting a Mafia (which would be 1/10 or 1/5 right now) WITH Strike also targeting me? (Another 1/10 or 1/5 right now).

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong I want to jump through the screen and punch you in the kidney. Maybe the fact that I just read the latest edition of Guns Magazine has put me in a more violent mood. However, you are still wrong.
a)the roleblocker said that he blocked clever that night which means that it doesn't "HAVE" to rely on anything MoB did.
b) Even if it did, what the hell do those numbers even mean? Saying 1/10 or 1/5 is absolutely meaningless when you are talking about 2 days ago!
c)Once again, strike targeting you doesn't have anything to do with 1/10 OR 1/5. For one thing, that was two days ago (see point b, above). For another thing, strike wasn't randomly killing (also could be added to point b). He was looking for mafia. Which means, if he did target you (I don't think he did) it would have meant you were mafia.

Perhaps I am not cleared, but I'm pretty damn close compared to others I'd think?

No, I don't.

vote jak
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:24 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
jak111 wrote:

Well you see I said it's open to change, but I cleared myself because there were two killers and only 1 kill the night I was protected. (Hence I was targeted by either or) So under your WIFOM logic

What WIFOM logic?

I could be mafia and strike targeted me, but I don't 100% know whom targeted me. My list isn't 100% neither,

Obviously the list isn't 100%. But you are 'clearing' yourself based on doctor protections. How is this is any way a defense?

for all we know if you wanted to WIFOM even more is that MoB is really Mafia just saying he protected people (Which isn't logical since he counterclaimed a mafia).

But what I'm trying to get at is I'm not 3rd party since 3rd party just obviously won and is now out of the game,

So you are saying that there can only be one third-party? How is it that you know so much about the setup that I don't?

but what's the likely hood of me being mafia?

Good Question.
There's obviously only 1-2 mafia left still in play, perhaps just 1, I do not know. So the chance of me being mafia is either 1/10 or 1/5 (depending if there's 1 or 2 left).

So THEN you put in the factor of being protected on a night of only one kill is obvious I was targeted, hmm? So that would lower my chances of being mafia way lower, it'd HAVE to rely on MoB protecting a Mafia (which would be 1/10 or 1/5 right now) WITH Strike also targeting me? (Another 1/10 or 1/5 right now).

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong I want to jump through the screen and punch you in the kidney. Maybe the fact that I just read the latest edition of Guns Magazine has put me in a more violent mood. However, you are still wrong.
a)the roleblocker said that he blocked clever that night which means that it doesn't "HAVE" to rely on anything MoB did.
b) Even if it did, what the hell do those numbers even mean? Saying 1/10 or 1/5 is absolutely meaningless when you are talking about 2 days ago!
c)Once again, strike targeting you doesn't have anything to do with 1/10 OR 1/5. For one thing, that was two days ago (see point b, above). For another thing, strike wasn't randomly killing (also could be added to point b). He was looking for mafia. Which means, if he did target you (I don't think he did) it would have meant you were more likely to be mafia.

Perhaps I am not cleared, but I'm pretty damn close compared to others I'd think?

No, I don't.

vote jak

EBWOP
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jak111 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:13 pm

And I clear myself because I myself know I am a town, whether you choose to believe so or not Doom, I do not believe you're Mafia because a Mafia wouldn't be as stubborn as you (well.. besides CLEVER...). I know that isn't much to go on, but my list is more for myself then a single one of you (though you can all use it for whatever means). So if you have a problem with me clearing myself on MY list.. Go right ahead. I have no quarrel with that.

To answer you're question on how I know so much, I don't. I'm assuming things (Which I don't care what you say you do as well). As a town in my first game we didn't know whether there were 1 3rd party or more (Turned out more because they were a whole other mafia...). But I don't think there's much left for a 3rd party besides that one vig 3rd party. So I'd assume only Mafia remain. The Kingpin thing it mentioned in the last night scene. Though there may be another Mafia or 3rd party person around? (No 3rd party with killing roles anyhow >.<).
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:43 pm

jak111 wrote:And I clear myself because I myself know I am a town, whether you choose to believe so or not Doom, I do not believe you're Mafia because a Mafia wouldn't be as stubborn as you (well.. besides CLEVER...). I know that isn't much to go on, but my list is more for myself then a single one of you (though you can all use it for whatever means). So if you have a problem with me clearing myself on MY list.. Go right ahead. I have no quarrel with that.

To answer you're question on how I know so much, I don't. I'm assuming things (Which I don't care what you say you do as well). As a town in my first game we didn't know whether there were 1 3rd party or more (Turned out more because they were a whole other mafia...). But I don't think there's much left for a 3rd party besides that one vig 3rd party. So I'd assume only Mafia remain. The Kingpin thing it mentioned in the last night scene. Though there may be another Mafia or 3rd party person around? (No 3rd party with killing roles anyhow >.<).

I agree, very unlikely to be another 3rd Party with killing roles.

For the record, clearing yourself on your own list with no proof is :roll:
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jak111 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:48 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
jak111 wrote:And I clear myself because I myself know I am a town, whether you choose to believe so or not Doom, I do not believe you're Mafia because a Mafia wouldn't be as stubborn as you (well.. besides CLEVER...). I know that isn't much to go on, but my list is more for myself then a single one of you (though you can all use it for whatever means). So if you have a problem with me clearing myself on MY list.. Go right ahead. I have no quarrel with that.

I agree, very unlikely to be another 3rd Party with killing roles.

For the record, clearing yourself on your own list with no proof is :roll:

Fun as hell. Right? ;) Especially when people get all furious.. Well if I'm going by what I know, then I know myself to be town, right? It'd be more stupid if I asked people what I was >.<.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:26 pm

I think DoomYoshi was more saying that you can't use your calling yourself town as a basis for an argument that you are town, nor can you use it to support such an argument, even.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby everywhere116 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:28 pm

I don't know what to think about the Doom-jak debate as of yet. On one hand, I don't like how jak claimed with 1 vote on him and misspelled his claim to boot. On the other hand, jak could have been the mafia target Night 2 and was protected by MoB, assuming that the mafia targeted him at all and didn't delegate the duty to clever. This, however, is a good possibility, since there was no acknowledgement of a doc save in D3's scene, but we got one today. I'll take a more committal position on a day when I don't have to get up early the next day. Which would be tomorrow. Night y'all.

I went through Day 2 to see if anyone's vote behaved differently than how they used it due to Clever's influence. Didn't find anything.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby jonty125 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:39 am

vote jak

Reasons:
1. Claiming VT
2. Failing to spell his role
3. Clearing yourself based on doc save
4. For saying there is only 1 3rd party
5. Then saying there is a 1/10 chance of him being mafia as if that doesn't apply to the rest of us
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby jak111 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:10 am

jonty125 wrote:vote jak

Reasons:
1. Claiming VT
5. Then saying there is a 1/10 chance of him being mafia as if that doesn't apply to the rest of us

Sounds like someones taking things to heart?

1.) So because of what I claimed? I mean I could understand saying under the circumstances that I claimed it but what I claimed makes no sense. So that is invalid. Tail mentioned there may be VT's in the game, and no one is counterclaiming my VT.
'2.) Yea, I spelled it wrong, I'm not the perfect speller. I can spell most things without looking at them but others I cannot. I mean I could check my inbox on ho to spell her name, but that just seems a waste of time to spell a singers name that I honestly dislike.
3.) Meh. Also because it was my list, but you skipped over the past few posts like a one minded moron. (Not to sound rude, though I'm sure there's no way for that to be taken not rudely).
4.) Again, skipping over the past few posts. I said I assume there's only 1 3rd party, that is unless you wish to step up and claim a 3rd party character to prove me wrong. Which if you were, you wouldn't do I don't think.
5.) HAHAHAHAHA, I love how you take things the wrong way jonty. You never mentioned I added that additional 1/10 for the reason of being attacked AND protected the same night. (Which whoever mentioned about Sound blocking CLEVER... CLEVER was a hider/goon, so I don't think he HAD a killing role). But I mean the initial 1/10 (or 1/5 you seem to be assuming some yourself that there's only one left Jonty. There may be one that isn't a killing role perhaps? Like bad cop?).

Only #2 was even slightly valid when you put the factor of you skimming everything (which kinda seems like a flavor for you, you skim the good things, and read the bad).

But here's my main concern Jonty, you're acting like there's only 1 mafia left, how are you so certain? Just because I say I feel there may only be 1 left doesn't mean I'm right.
This being said, my vote and FoS now land on Jonty who seems to skim things to his own liking and be hypocritical about assuming things when he himself just assumed there was only one mafia left by saying what I highlighted in blue in his quote...
Vote Jonty
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jonty125 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:39 am

jak111 wrote:

Reasons:
1. Claiming VT

1.) So because of what I claimed? I mean I could understand saying under the circumstances that I claimed it but what I claimed makes no sense. So that is invalid. Tail mentioned there may be VT's in the game, and no one is counterclaiming my VT.
'2.) Yea, I spelled it wrong, I'm not the perfect speller. I can spell most things without looking at them but others I cannot. I mean I could check my inbox on ho to spell her name, but that just seems a waste of time to spell a singers name that I honestly dislike.
3.) Meh. Also because it was my list, but you skipped over the past few posts like a one minded moron. (Not to sound rude, though I'm sure there's no way for that to be taken not rudely).
4.) Again, skipping over the past few posts. I said I assume there's only 1 3rd party, that is unless you wish to step up and claim a 3rd party character to prove me wrong. Which if you were, you wouldn't do I don't think.
5.) HAHAHAHAHA, I love how you take things the wrong way jonty. You never mentioned I added that additional 1/10 for the reason of being attacked AND protected the same night. (Which whoever mentioned about Sound blocking CLEVER... CLEVER was a hider/goon, so I don't think he HAD a killing role). But I mean the initial 1/10 (or 1/5 you seem to be assuming some yourself that there's only one left Jonty. There may be one that isn't a killing role perhaps? Like bad cop?).

Only #2 was even slightly valid when you put the factor of you skimming everything (which kinda seems like a flavor for you, you skim the good things, and read the bad).

But here's my main concern Jonty, you're acting like there's only 1 mafia left, how are you so certain? Just because I say I feel there may only be 1 left doesn't mean I'm right.
This being said, my vote and FoS now land on Jonty who seems to skim things to his own liking and be hypocritical about assuming things when he himself just assumed there was only one mafia left by saying what I highlighted in blue in his quote...
Vote Jonty

Well if we lynch all vanilla claims it forces mafia to claim something else which therefore can be tested. Also, 5 mafia in a 17 player game. This includes a SK. Does anyone think that could be slightly anti-town balanced. I have no idea if there is another 3rd party but you can't just write it off.
Cook jonty125

Postby jak111 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:43 am

I'm not writing it off, I'm assuming so since there's no other night kills. The balance does seem odd so hopefully my assumptions are right, otherwise if we didn't have the luck we've been having during the past 2 days, we'd already have lost. This games seems not proportionate... unless the 3rd party strike could also work with us to kill mafia (he killed one for his final kill at least ^^).
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jonty125 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:44 am

jak111 wrote:I'm not writing it off, I'm assuming so since there's no other night kills. The balance does seem odd so hopefully my assumptions are right, otherwise if we didn't have the luck we've been having during the past 2 days, we'd already have lost. This games seems not proportionate... unless the 3rd party strike could also work with us to kill mafia (he killed one for his final kill at least ^^).

Not every 3rd party is a killer
Cook jonty125

Postby jak111 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:47 am

True, though they can't really harm us if their not. Hopefully there's way less mafia than town left, because I got the feeling we're going to be shooting ducks in a barrel for a few days...
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby soundman on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:11 pm

jak111 wrote:

Reasons:
1. Claiming VT

Counterclaiming your VT? If there is a VT in the game then it is likely that there are more than one VT. VT isn't like a power role that can be counterclaimed.
You should check anyways. Clever spelled his wrong and he turned up mafia.
First of all, Clever was a Dirty Politician. Chap was a Goon/Hider. Second, in most mafia games any one of the mafia players can make the kill. So even Chap could have made it.

It makes sense that there would only be one mafia left. Also the scene seems to hint at it. Chap is killed and the Kingpin has to do his own dirty work. Makes me thing he's out of goons.
Vote Jonty

Vote Jak
I also don't think there are any VTs in this game. But at least if you are telling the truth then we will know without losing too much.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby dazza2008 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:22 pm

soundman wrote:
jak111 wrote:

Reasons:
1. Claiming VT

Counterclaiming your VT? If there is a VT in the game then it is likely that there are more than one VT. VT isn't like a power role that can be counterclaimed.
First of all, Clever was a Dirty Politician. Chap was a Goon/Hider. Second, in most mafia games any one of the mafia players can make the kill. So even Chap could have made it.

It makes sense that there would only be one mafia left. Also the scene seems to hint at it. Chap is killed and the Kingpin has to do his own dirty work. Makes me thing he's out of goons.
Vote Jonty

Vote Jak
I also don't think there are any VTs in this game. But at least if you are telling the truth then we will know without losing too much.

I don't like to claim early but Sound if you are only voting for him because you think there are no VT's you should unvote as there are VT's in this game.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:31 pm

dazza2008 wrote:
soundman wrote:
jak111 wrote:

Reasons:
1. Claiming VT

Vote Jonty

Vote Jak

I don't like to claim early but Sound if you are only voting for him because you think there are no VT's you should unvote as there are VT's in this game.

Are you claiming now too?

I don't think that is the only reason soundman is voting for jak.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby dazza2008 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:45 pm

Well I agree that Jak has acted scummy and is probably the best case. I don't think he should just be lynched because he is a VT though.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby jak111 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:52 pm

dazza2008 wrote:Well I agree that Jak has acted scummy and is probably the best case. I don't think he should just be lynched because he is a VT though.

+1
I don't mind being lynched.. But preferably for other reasons. "Not much to lose a VT" Well this VT was also on the doc case that you were all too afraid to lose, and he turned out scum (CLEVER). So why would you WANT to lynch a VT? That's one less town against the Mafia. Just saying.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby soundman on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:22 pm

jak111 wrote:
dazza2008 wrote:Well I agree that Jak has acted scummy and is probably the best case. I don't think he should just be lynched because he is a VT though.

+1
I don't mind being lynched.. But preferably for other reasons. "Not much to lose a VT" Well this VT was also on the doc case that you were all too afraid to lose, and he turned out scum (CLEVER). So why would you WANT to lynch a VT? That's one less town against the Mafia. Just saying.

I don't WANT to lynch a VT. But it's better than lynching a power role. And I'm not voting you just because you claimed VT. Did you notice the little word "also" in that sentence? At this point in the game mafia is most likely to claim VT. So we're going to have to ignore the claim of VT and go with the evidence. I will admit that you claiming VT was one of the main reasons for my vote. (The others were your early claim, misspelling name, etc.) However now that Dazza has seemed to confirm that there are in fact VTs in the game, I'll Unvote for now.

So we need to find another suspect. Here is a list of mine pulled from my notes.

MoB Deadly – (Claim Doctor)(Pretty much proven)
dazza2008 – (Claim VT)
spiesr
everywhere – (Roleblocked, was still a kill attempt blocked by doc)(Most likely VT)
jonty125
Victor Sullivan
new guy1 – (Claim Mason)
soundman – Town Roleblocker
DoomYoshi
jak111 – (Claim VT)

So we have several unknowns with one of them being new guy's mason buddy. Unless new guy is lying.

Spiesr
jonty125
Victor Sullivan
DoomYoshi

I'll look back over the thread and see if anything jumps out at me.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby new guy1 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Ill tell you, you have my mason partner on the wrong list.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:50 pm

soundman wrote:So we have several unknowns with one of them being new guy's mason buddy. Unless new guy is lying.
My my analysis seems to indicate that everywhere is the only one who could reasonably be the other mason at this point in time.
jak111 wrote:I don't mind being lynched.. But preferably for other reasons. "Not much to lose a VT" Well this VT was also on the doc case that you were all too afraid to lose, and he turned out scum (CLEVER). So why would you WANT to lynch a VT? That's one less town against the Mafia. Just saying.
Basically, the town will be much more hesitant to lynch someone who has claimed a useful and likely to be in the game role like doctor than they would to lynch a vanilla townie. The risk reward balance is different.
jonty125 wrote:

Reasons:
1. Claiming VT
Well if we lynch all vanilla claims it forces mafia to claim something else which therefore can be tested.
Weren't you hinting at being a vanilla townie or something yourself?
jonty125 wrote:Maybe I was willing to offer up myself as I'm unimportant and that might have been a softclaim.
Does this line of reasoning mean that we should lynch you as well, just to be safe?
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:53 pm

new guy1 wrote:Ill tell you, you have my mason partner on the wrong list.

So your partner is dazza?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby soundman on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:55 pm

new guy1 wrote:Ill tell you, you have my mason partner on the wrong list.

spiesr wrote:
soundman wrote:So we have several unknowns with one of them being new guy's mason buddy. Unless new guy is lying.
My my analysis seems to indicate that everywhere is the only one who could reasonably be the other mason at this point in time.

Don't think so. New guy is pretty much saying he's one of the four.

Give us a clue!!

Spiesr
jonty125
Victor Sullivan - It's always hard to get a read on Victor, he's always so quiet and posts very little of substance...
DoomYoshi
Lieutenant soundman

Postby soundman on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:58 pm

We also have a Cop out there somewhere. He's probably useless now but he's out there somewhere. So if we are to believe the claims so far then one of these is a Cop, one a Mason, and another a Mafia. Unless there are two Mafia (not likely in my book).

Spiesr
jonty125
Victor Sullivan
DoomYoshi
everywhere - Not Mason
Lieutenant soundman

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives