Conquer Club

H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (13/17)[D3] Unfulfilled paranoia.

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:01 pm

soundman wrote:I did block Clever last night. And today we didn't have a mafia (at least it looks that way) kill. And he knew he was roleblocked. I feel that he is lying about being the doc . Especially after this post:
Some7hingCLEVER wrote:No mafia kill?
Huh I got roleblocked and couldn't protect anyone so idk how they survived
Maybe there was someone who was bulletproof

Who did you protect? It sounds to me like you didn't protect anyone. And still knew you were roleblocked. Vote Clever

:-k

Could go either way here I suppose. Let me sleep on this.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:37 pm

soundman wrote:I did block Clever last night. And today we didn't have a mafia (at least it looks that way) kill. And he knew he was roleblocked. I feel that he is lying about being the doc . Especially after this post:

Who did you protect? It sounds to me like you didn't protect anyone. And still knew you were roleblocked. Vote Clever

I actually protected you soundman
I figured roleblocker was an important role so I might as well try to keep you for town
And how does that make anyone think i didn't protect anyone?
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Okay guys. After much deliberation..... I have decided to claim.

I am Dr. Zoidberg - Town Doctor

The catch?
Well, mr. Zoidberg isn't very skilled. He is the guy in Tails' avi by the way, causing a fire. So, just like Clever's claim, my character isn't a very strong one. I have not seen any Futurama episodes, but I consider my character "less evil" than Clever's. Although, we just lynched Calvin's Mom, so we can't go by character claims very much either. My Role PM, without quoting, specifically comments, that although I am incompetent, I am the Doctor.

Why am I claiming?
1. I want to lay the cards on the table now, because my claim could get me lynched if I were to get pressured for some reason.

2. I honestly don't know whether or not we should keep Clever alive. Even though I have read quite a few times to "not play the mod" it's very hard not to in this scenario. I could be naive and Clever could be a real doctor. Or reversed. Or Clever could be lying. I think its best if we all talk about it together and decide how to proceed with this. I am not personally confident enough to say that my role is a strong enough claim to say that Clever is 100% lying. But I think I needed to tell the town today.

Actions
Night 1, unfortunately I did not submit an action. I forget what exactly happened, I either was not on CC the duration of the night, or I thought I was vanilla. I honestly don't remember. If that's important I can look it up.

Night 2, I protected Jak - reason being is because he claimed vanilla. He's not dead today, so I can assume I am not a CPR doc or a doc that actually kills people.

Note
With 1 less kill tonight, either
1) I had a successful save (because clever was blocked)
2) Clever tried to perform a kill and was blocked
3) Mafia and sk both targetted the same person?
there could be a couple more explanations I guess.

I have sat hovering over the submit button for a few minutes now deciding if I should actually do this....Part of me thinks that Clever may get lynched without me counter claiming which would be good.

But if a situation occurs later in the game and we mislynch clever, and as a result possibly mislynching me, the game could be over. I wanted to give this information out now so that even if we make mistakes we can recover. I hope that makes sense.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (17/17)[D1 Start]

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:06 pm

spiesr wrote:Okay, so with this new day it is time for a new case. (Well, ghostly already starting this yesterday, but it was never really going to get anywhere.) Chapcrap, I have gone back through your posts and found somethings fthat ghostly didn't bring up yesterday that I find scummy.
chapcrap wrote:Secondly, I believe newguy1 I think, but we have to make a case by Wednesday, so I think it's best to at least have him claim and get some information before I unvote. Sorry newguy. I don't think you're that scummy, but something has to happen on Day 1.
Admits that he didn't think that Newguy was scum but joined the bandwagon anyway. Should going after people that you think are probably town and making them claim just for the sake of having someone claim really even be considered scum hunting?

Can much on Day 1 be considered scum hunting? I bandwagon to pressure someone and every Day 1 that I have played (except Romeo and Juliet, but that was a different setup). And I didn't say that newguy1 appeared to be town. I said that he wasn't that scummy. Big difference.
spiesr wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
strike wolf wrote:... I know about as much as town does about Some7hing. ...
Are you saying you're not town?
Odd slip from a usually thorough player.
Here he is taking a line slightly out of context and trying to suggest it to be a scum-slip.

I was just making an observation.
spiesr wrote:
chapcrap wrote:It doesn't make sense to lynch the only claimed doctor. If we're worred about whether or not he's insane, he doesn't have to target people for now, but lynching him does not seem right to me. I've already been burned by this.
If you believe SomethingClever's claim then this is basically telling the doctor not to use his powers. If you disbelieve his claim, then this could be him giving a scum mate a hint on how to avoid having to fake future actions which could be disproved. (by a watcher or something)

I was not the only one who speculated that he should maybe not use his powers for now. And what do you know...
MoB Deadly wrote:Okay guys. After much deliberation..... I have decided to claim.

I am Dr. Zoidberg - Town Doctor

He wasn't really a doctor. unvote vote CLEVER
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Woah woah woah chap are you not looking at this the way I am
1.) if you really are doctor why didn't you come out earlier
2.) if you are the doctor why do u seem that you dont know if you should lynch me ..if you really are the doctor then you wouldnt hesitate to lynch me
3.) honestly idk what to think of this but what I've said
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby new guy1 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:Woah woah woah chap are you not looking at this the way I am
2.) if you are the doctor why do u seem that you dont know if you should lynch me ..if you really are the doctor then you wouldnt hesitate to lynch me

I dont think your in the possition to be asking questions. Answer the ones presented to you.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Which ones I haven't seen any in a while new guy
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:

I figured roleblocker was an important role so I might as well try to keep you for town

Vote CLEVER
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:Woah woah woah chap are you not looking at this the way I am

Solely because of my character flavor. My role PM makes me unsure whether I am a naive doctor or not. I didnt vote or claim on Day 2 because I wanted to test my night action to make sure I was not some sort of CPR doc or something.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:43 pm

everywhere116 wrote:
Some7hingCLEVER wrote:

Vote CLEVER

hmm once again my words get misinterpreted
I meant since I was blocked my protection did nothing
A.k.a. I couldn't protect anyone
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:47 pm

If you were really the doctor, you wouldn't hesitate to lynch MoB.
Some7hingCLEVER wrote:hmm once again my words get misinterpreted

Likely. You have been making missteps the whole way and the only reason you didn't get lynched yesterday was because we thought you were the doctor.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:49 pm

I kind of thought that Zoidberg would be in this game but I figured he would probably be a CPR doctor or at best a jailer. I'm not sure it would really be bastardish to make Zoidberg a CPR doc and leave out that part but I've never seen it done before. Zoidberg isn't my first choice to be a regular doctor but neither is Dr. Jekyll. Out of the two I trust Mob (both the player and the role) more to be the regular doctor. Not to mention I'm still questioning if he should have been informed of being role blocked or not as the doctor.

vote some7hingclever I believe that puts him at L-3.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (13/17)[D3] PS Chap be scum

Postby spiesr on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:52 pm

How did you know that you were blocked?
Who did you target last night?
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:54 pm

strike Votewolf wrote:I kind of thought that Zoidberg would be in this game but I figured he would probably be a CPR doctor or at best a jailer. I'm not sure it would really be bastardish to make Zoidberg a CPR doc and leave out that part but I've never seen it done before. Zoidberg isn't my first choice to be a regular doctor but neither is Dr. Jekyll. Out of the two I trust Mob (both the player and the role) more to be the regular doctor. Not to mention I'm still questioning if he should have been informed of being role blocked or not as the doctor.

vote some7hingclever I believe that puts him at L-3.

THIS^

Vote CLEVER
Sergeant new guy1

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:54 pm

I believe the word you're looking for it "self-contradictory", Clever. First you say that you couldn't protect anyone, then you wonder why everyone thinks you didn't.

You say you protected soundman, and he lived. So, why do you believe that you were roleblocked?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (13/17)[D3] But not Strike

Postby spiesr on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:57 pm

spiesr wrote:
How did you know that you were blocked?
Who did you target last night?
Scratch that one, I forgot you said soundman...
Captain spiesr

Postby everywhere116 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm

everywhere116 wrote:I believe the word you're looking for it "self-contradictory", Clever. First you say that you couldn't protect anyone, then you wonder why everyone thinks you didn't.

You say you protected soundman, and he lived. So, why do you believe that you were roleblocked?

EBWOP I just reread this day's posts, and sound confirmed that he blocked you. Still doesn't explain how you knew that as a doc before sound confirmed this, and sound was wondering that, too.
Corporal everywhere116

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:56 pm

vote clever

A counterclaim is a counterclaim. We got lucky yesterday, no reason to change the policy now.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:52 pm

It's HAMMAH SLAMMAH TIME!!!!

VOTE SOME7HINGCLEVER

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:53 pm

To all asking how CLEVER knew he was blocked: Read what he said!!!

He is trying to say that he just used the term blocked because his save wasn't necessary.

Of course, how does he know it wasn't necessary? AND I don't believe what he is saying anyway.

FASTPOSTED by Sully...didn't even realize he was still in the game. Way to fly in and vote with no substance in the game in any way. Classic Sully.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Shomer fucking shabbos, chapcrap.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (15/17)[D2] No escape for deserter

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:...Wait, what? We have to lynch someone Day 3? Tails will have to reschedule. I told that kraut a fucking thousand times I don't post on Shabbos! Shabbos is the Jewish day of rest. That means I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit DON'T FUCKING POST! SHOMER SHABBOS! Shomer fucking Shabbos.

-Sully

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby spiesr on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:05 pm

He says that he could protect anyone since he was blocked, how do you get what you said out of that?
chapcrap wrote:To all asking how CLEVER knew he was blocked: Read what he said!!!

He is trying to say that he just used the term blocked because his save wasn't necessary.

Of course, how does he know it wasn't necessary? AND I don't believe what he is saying anyway.
Also FOS Victor for blatantly scummarining, making no attempt to actually contribute anything of value, and excessively soft-claiming...
Captain spiesr

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:07 pm

spiesr wrote:
He says that he could protect anyone since he was blocked, how do you get what you said out of that?
chapcrap wrote:To all asking how CLEVER knew he was blocked: Read what he said!!!

Well, maybe I'm wrong, but to me it looks like he is saying that he didn't actually mean he was blocked. He meant that his action did nothing.

I mean, it's a load of bull, but he's backtracking and saying that he didn't actually mean that he was blocked.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:09 pm

He fairly clearly said he was role blocked.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives