I strongly suggest anyone not familiar with the rules and roles of mafia to throughly read up before joining. Not abiding by the rules of the game could seriously compromise the game, lead to a modkill. You have been warned!
Below are the rules as often used in Mafia games, borrowed from numerous Moderators.
- 1. This game is moderated by me (pancakemix), I am the law. Whatever I say goes. If I make a mistake I’ll do my best to fix it. All roles will be given out according to the prescribed additions to these rules as opposed to standard rules. Please refer to the special rules regarding this game.
2. Do not quote any PMs you receive from the Mod. The only things you may post (loosely paraphrasing) are your roles (and anything associated with them), and alignment, during the active game. Once the game has concluded, feel free to post the rest of your personal information. You may not post your win condition, how many words are in your role PM, or any other kind of way to get around not quoting PMs.
3. If you forget your role, or you delete it, that is your own fault. I suggest not doing either.
4. All ‘votes’ and ‘unvotes’ must be distinct. If they are not, they will not be tallied. (I.E. Vote: Guybrush Threepwood) If you vote two or more times consecutively without an unvote in between them, then the first vote will be the one that gets tallied.
5. Lynching requires a majority of the town vote, and once the majority has been reached any and all unvotes will not be counted.
6. Once your death scene has been posted, you are dead. You can no longer post anything revealing or of substance. Whining is alright, Voices from beyond the grave are alright, as long as nothing of substance is revealed.
7. You may vote ‘no lynch’ to end the day without a death.
8. The game will not be discussed outside this thread, unless your role specifically says you may do so.
9. Do not edit/delete previous posts. Whatever you say goes into historical record.
10. Clues or game information may be hidden in the text, but nothing that would give away a player's identity.
11. Joking in the thread is fine, but don’t let it get carried away and take over as spam.
12. Be attentive and active in the game. If I see you are not posting at all, I will prod all those who are inactive. If there is no timely response, you will be replaced.
13. Each game ‘day’ will last SEVEN 24 hour days. I will remind everyone if the deadline is near, and to look toward voting. If no majority is reached at the end of the deadline if made, the player with the most votes will be lynched and the game will enter into the night phase. In the event of a tie, the lynchee will be determined by a 24-hour final ballot in which every player casts a final (no changes) vote for ANY player. If there is still a tie, a runoff ballot will be held between the two or more who tied. The deadline may be extended upon request.
14. Similarly, each game ‘night’ will not last more than THREE 24 hour days. I will remind all those who have night choices when the deadline is near. If at the end of the second 24 hour day I have not received your night choice, you will have lost your choice action (I.E. for mafia, there would be a ‘no kill’, etc).
15. If you have any questions about whether you should or shouldn’t do something, or just need some clarification, feel free to PM me.
And of course
16. Have Fun!
Special thanks safariguy, for keeping these rules somewhere that I could find them.
Additional Rules for CYOC Mafia:
1. After a player has elected to sign up, he/she will pm me the following:
- The name of a character (by "character", I mean any person, being, or object (or group thereof), living or dead, real or fictitious, sentient or not. Anything. Up to you)
- A short bio/description of the character (a link to a character bio would be sufficient)
- A picture of the character (optional, but preferred)
Based on the data sent to me, I will create a role for the character. The player who sent me the character will recieve that role with a random alignment.
2. If someone else has already chosen your character, I'll ask you to pick another.
3. Please let me know if you do NOT want a post restriction. I know that several regulars are not fond of them, but if I feel a role would call for a post restriction, I will add one. All you have to do is opt out at some point before the game starts, otherwise I'll assume you're cool with it.
4. I make no apologies for the balance of this game.
4. Some7hingclever replaced by Iron Butterfly
5. edocsil (Resurrected Night 2)
13. Mr. Squirrel
Bold= character received
11. vodean AKA Luke Skywalker (Town Enhancer) Lynched Day 1
10. Yomiel AKA Sachiko Shinozaki, Vengeful Ghost Killed Day 2
14. ShaggyDan AKA The DeLorean, Town Action Delayer Lynched Day 3
7. jonty125 AKA Robin Gibb, Mafia Rasputin Killed Day 3
12. Nebuchadnezer AKA Silent Bob, Mafia Silent Crier Killed Night 3
16. pershy AKA Shield (Generator VII), Town Busted Busdriver Killed Day 4
2. Safariguy5 AKA Hiei, 3rd-Party Killswitch Lynched Day 4
9. crazymilkshake5 AKA Forever Alone (Town Stump) Stumped Day 1
Alright, so this isn't exactly what I had planned to host, but right now I've really got the modding itch (almost a year since Memebase started, 3-4 months since it ended). So instead of the unusual concept I was developing, here's an idea I stole borrowed from another site.
The signups will be open until either I decide I have enough players or there are no new entrants for 3 days.
Please take a moment to review the additional rules for this game (written in green), as well as the one other standard rule edit (in orange).