Conquer Club

Vodean's mini-Mafia - Endgame - town wins - 2/5

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: **Vodean's mini-Mafia Roles Out**

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Sat May 26, 2012 9:39 am

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:or we could no lynch and let mafia kill someone unless our doc gets a lucky save. that way our pool of options gets lower
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby new guy1 on Sat May 26, 2012 9:41 am

Some7hingCLEVER wrote:
Some7hingCLEVER wrote:or we could no lynch and let mafia kill someone unless our doc gets a lucky save. that way our pool of options gets lower

I thought about that course of action too... I guess we have to wait for the rest of the town to wake up to give their opinions.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Sat May 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Canterlot Outings Never Fully Interest Rural Mares haha S1E26 oh wait, wrong thread. oops :D

Yeah, we got to do something. I think it's a good idea to go into the night and let my the mafia faction have a free night.

I mean there's only 1 mafia and 4 town. Best case scenario for mafia would be D1 mislynch, 1 kill NK, which means 1 mafia 2 town D2, and then D2 mislynch means mafia win. So whoever's the mafia just needs to slip through 2 mislynches. On the other hand, if we don't lynch today, and lynch tomorrow, we have a greater chance of finding scum. D2 if we misynch, we still have a chance if the doc is still alive, but we shouldn't cout on that. D2 we have to lynch scum or it's over for us.

One thing that upsets me about this "no claim" rule is that it affects night actions. If the cop gets a guilty N1, then will he be able to come out and say "Player A is guilty" or is that not legal? Same with doc if there's no NK, will he be able to tell night actions? Mod answer please.

I think we should not lync today unless we find our target highly suspicious and very likely to be scum. I will go ahead and VOTE NO LYNCH until / unless we find a suspect.

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sat May 26, 2012 9:29 pm

I almost like very small games better than normal games, haha
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Sat May 26, 2012 11:17 pm

Wait I just realized we have the psychological masons in this game. WooHoo!

ghostly and NG will keep each other in check, and will let us know if either of them suspect the other. THey can't possibly both be mafia because there's only 1 mafia, so if one is then the other will be able to tell (almost) right away.

But if not, that narrows the list down to Milkshake, S7C, and SG7. I'm going to take a wild stab at this and guess Milkshake, but I have no evidence so I'm not going to vote. But hehe mark my words I want to see if I'm right at the end of this game.(being it's so small it should be over pretty quickly)

Any reads yet ghostly or NG1?

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sat May 26, 2012 11:23 pm

2 things. you were quick to hop on that NL bandwagon, trying to buy a mafia night kill?
second thing. you forgot yourself on that list, AS THE GODFATHER! :mrgreen:

and yes. i know that you are in fact on that list.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby new guy1 on Sat May 26, 2012 11:34 pm

I have no reads as ghost hasnt posted in this game, Im going to vote ghostly as he still hasnt confirmed which makes me think hes trying to find something to add first or hes busy (like how Im not including the part where I know him? ;)).
Sergeant new guy1

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Sat May 26, 2012 11:59 pm

ghostly447 wrote:Confirm and agree small joke vote.

new guy1 wrote:I have no reads as ghost hasnt posted in this game, Im going to vote ghostly as he still hasnt confirmed which makes me think hes trying to find something to add first or hes busy (like how Im not including the part where I know him? ;)).

lshicastr NG1 I think you're really tired right now because your most recent post in Play the Mod didn't make any sense

-SG7 ( :lol: )

Postby vodean on Sun May 27, 2012 4:10 am

crazymilkshake5 wrote:I almost like very small games better than normal games, haha

im taking this as a confirmation.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Re: **Vodean's mini-Mafia Day 1 start**

Postby vodean on Sun May 27, 2012 4:17 am

In the city of forumafia, in the great nation of CC, the police have received a tip-off that a mafia contingent has just arrived in their town. The town has interviewed all the recent arrivals, and narrowed the mafia member down to 5 people: 1 doctor, 1 policeman, and 3 regular citizens. They have isolated the citizens and told them that they may work it out themselves, and must try to find the mafia member. at night, the nocturnal mafia, the adrenalin-injected doctor, and the coffee-fueled policeman are hard at work trying to kill, save and find eachother, respectively.

They have been given 5 days to work it out. at the end of those days, the town is will execute them all if there are 3 or more people alive, and will release them if fewer.
Sergeant vodean

Re: Vodean's mini-Mafia day 1 start

Postby vodean on Sun May 27, 2012 4:45 am

you MAY hint slightly at roles but must be very vague. you CANNOT try to figure out what everyone's roles are and try to get a slip, because then by a process of elimination, the mafia will be easily found.

Vote count:
No lynch (1) - SG7
Ghostly (1) - New Guy

deadline for day 1 is midnight on May 31st. This is not fixed, and if discussion is really good, the deadline may be extended. Time zone is also unsure, so just +/- 12 hours.
Sergeant vodean

Postby new guy1 on Sun May 27, 2012 11:20 am

Thats a pretty close deadline. I would prefer to try and get information before a no lynch so I would ask that the rest of the town not vote NL as to extend the day as long as possible. Maybe we can get tells off of what people post or something... also SG7, IKR haha, I read it again this morning and was like wtf.:P
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Sun May 27, 2012 12:08 pm

well i think that its wierd of ghost not to be here. he usualy is active day ones.
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby vodean on Sun May 27, 2012 1:01 pm

like i said it can be extended. also, its a very small game, that is potentially enough time to pressure everyone.
Sergeant vodean

Postby ghostly447 on Mon May 28, 2012 5:31 pm

new guy1 wrote:I have no reads as ghost hasnt posted in this game, Im going to vote ghostly as he still hasnt confirmed which makes me think hes trying to find something to add first or hes busy (like how Im not including the part where I know him? ;)).

OMGUS vote NG1 because he knows good and well that the 26th (when he posted) was saturday, and I didnt touch my computer since late on the 24th. ;)
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Mon May 28, 2012 6:04 pm

ghostly447 wrote:

OMGUS vote NG1 because he knows good and well that the 26th (when he posted) was saturday, and I didnt touch my computer since late on the 24th. ;)

Using RL now huh? Try to keep that out of the game, also omgus'ing is just making your case worse.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Mon May 28, 2012 6:27 pm

new guy1 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:

Using RL now huh? Try to keep that out of the game, also omgus'ing is just making your case worse.

true, haha
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Re: Vodean's mini-Mafia Day 1

Postby vodean on Mon May 28, 2012 6:35 pm

new guy1 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:

being away from the computer for two days is acceptable, although in the future, please leave some kind of notification in the game thread. The ensuing PVP argument seems to have little relation to the game, however, so please keep it irl. thanks
Sergeant vodean

Postby new guy1 on Mon May 28, 2012 6:37 pm

He did post in the vacation forums that his weekends would be busy from now on, as are mine. So he did give notification, plus weekends normally arent that active.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon May 28, 2012 10:37 pm

It seems impossible to get reads from people if we can't pressure with votes due to fear of a speedlynch.

I don't have a read on anyone as of right now, so I think we should no lynch unless we actually have anything to discuss

NG or ghostly, any reads? I don't find ghostly's initial lack of inactivity scummy since he posted he would have busy weekends.

Any other suggestions besides no lynch, or any ideas of how to go about pressuring people?

Postby new guy1 on Mon May 28, 2012 10:50 pm

I dont know. I feel like a NL would be a good option to get a suspect out of the way, but I feel like since if we lynch someone today theres only 3 players left tomorrow (accounting for the mafia killing) which are better odds then 1 of 4, but I also think if we had the extra opinion to make a lynch plus a doc might save someone when we need it that it would be better to attempt a lynch. But it would obviously be random since we cant really pressure for claims.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Tue May 29, 2012 12:02 am

vote nolynch
i dont have any better ideas so why not lets see if the doc can save someone.
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby vodean on Tue May 29, 2012 4:06 am

Vote count:
No lynch (2) - SG7, clever
Ghostly (1) - New Guy

deadline for day 1 is midnight on May 31st. This is not fixed, and if discussion is really good, the deadline may be extended. Time zone is also unsure, so just +/- 12 hours.
Sergeant vodean

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue May 29, 2012 7:41 am

sure,

vote no lynch
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby vodean on Tue May 29, 2012 1:54 pm

after days of deliberation, the sun set on the first day of the isolated members of the town after their first day. they knew that time was of the essence, but also knew that normal methods of beating information out of people would not work, and so they instead chose to wait for night. some of them secretly had plans for the upcoming night.

you have 48 hours.
Sergeant vodean

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives