Conquer Club

Alphabet Mafia 2Day 6 no night deaths

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Day 3 has started

Postby jonty125 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:35 am

aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:OK, vote hippo.

I am Mr. M, the cop.
N1, zimmah - town
N2, thehippo8 -scum.

zimmah wasn't town.

I've only just realised that, but I suppose that zimmah must have been busdriven on N1.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby strike wolf on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:51 am

Interesting. I have to say though with lack of scene evidence it seems just as likely that you are insane as it is likely that Zimmer was driven.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby elonpuckhog on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:58 am

jonty125 wrote:OK, vote hippo.

I am Mr. M, the cop.
N1, zimmah - town
N2, thehippo8 -scum.

Good enough for me.

vote hippo8
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby aage on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:59 am

strike wolf wrote:Interesting. I have to say though with lack of scene evidence it seems just as likely that you are insane as it is likely that Zimmer was driven.

I was about to say this. Could also be paranoid, but the odds to that are even smaller. I'd hesitate to call for a busdriver to claim, though... if he wasn't driven we'd have three town roles exposed.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:04 pm

aage wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Interesting. I have to say though with lack of scene evidence it seems just as likely that you are insane as it is likely that Zimmer was driven.

I was about to say this. Could also be paranoid, but the odds to that are even smaller. I'd hesitate to call for a busdriver to claim, though... if he wasn't driven we'd have three town roles exposed.

paranoid is impossible as he did get a town result n1.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby aage on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:10 pm

strike wolf wrote:
aage wrote:

Good point, I feel silly now. Still backing my opinion on busdriver claim, though. I'm also looking at the N1 scene where Zimmah died, and there isn't a clear busdriver hint in it. It actually seems more like a PGO-scene, but I doubt those are in here.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby elonpuckhog on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:15 pm

(Noob alert)...Could someone tell me what a busdriver is? I looked at some other stuff and didn't see that particular role.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby strike wolf on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:18 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:(Noob alert)...Could someone tell me what a busdriver is? I looked at some other stuff and didn't see that particular role.

A bus driver is a role that can switch two people each night so that actions directed at one person instead hit another.

driver switches person A w/person B

cop investigates person A. because of the drive he receives result for person B instead.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:07 pm

What are the chances jonty was busdriven twice? Vote Jonty. This is not OMGUS but rather out of notice that he got Zimmah wrong (and he has me wrong - but you may not believe that until I am lynched). FOS Elon for being so keen.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby aage on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:45 pm

thehippo8 wrote:What are the chances jonty was busdriven twice? Vote Jonty. This is not OMGUS but rather out of notice that he got Zimmah wrong (and he has me wrong - but you may not believe that until I am lynched). FOS Elon for being so keen.

What do you mean, busdriven twice?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:47 pm

aage wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:What are the chances jonty was busdriven twice? Vote Jonty. This is not OMGUS but rather out of notice that he got Zimmah wrong (and he has me wrong - but you may not believe that until I am lynched). FOS Elon for being so keen.

What do you mean, busdriven twice?

I believe he is suggesting that Jonty would have been busdriven last night as well to have gotten the guilty result on him (hippo)

Cadet strike wolf

Postby zimmah on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:04 pm

redhedge47 wrote:it could be that shag & hippo are the maf or cult and are covering eachother up

I have been cult with shaggy in halo and he's normally very cautious, On the other hand, if he misused tomorrow in the second sentence, it may be a codeword, but why use it twice?

Also, about the jonty case, I think it's quite weird to just vote and post results and claim out there on day 2, without making a case, especially when the results are dubious. It seems lazy at best, and scummy at worst. Wouldnt a good cop try to make a case anonymously first, and if that fails, come up with the results? An anonymous cop is obviously much better because now hell be a target. Especially cuz we have no doc anymore.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:05 pm

aage wrote:
strike wolf wrote:
aage wrote:

Good point, I feel silly now. Still backing my opinion on busdriver claim, though. I'm also looking at the N1 scene where Zimmah died, and there isn't a clear busdriver hint in it. It actually seems more like a PGO-scene, but I doubt those are in here.

I think jonty may very well by lying, I don't think there's much reason to believe there was a bus drive, And he had me wrong on n1 and didn't even notice until after he was called out for it. And still continues voting hippo even after that.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby redhedge47 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:46 pm

zimmah wrote:
aage wrote:
strike wolf wrote:
aage wrote:

I think jonty may very well by lying, I don't think there's much reason to believe there was a bus drive, And he had me wrong on n1 and didn't even notice until after he was called out for it. And still continues voting hippo even after that.

Honestly i don’t know who to vote for
My statement against the hippo & shag was conjecture it’s a strategy mafs & cults run but nobody has counter claimed tracker so for now I'm not voting for them
Jontys statement was also fairly suspicious who knows maybe somebody in that snafu was driven maybe he’s an insane cop or one of the other variations of cop that results in screwy results, or maybe he is the maf trying to take down the tracker hippo but I don’t think jonty would be clumsy enough to put the SK as a townie

I'm just putting my thoughts out their maybe the maf & potential cult are lurking is their anyone who hasn’t posted today?
Private 1st Class redhedge47

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:28 pm

I think jonty should have realized that he was a sanity cop after zimmah turned up dead. I'm thinking he could be a lyncher of some kind vs hippo.

unvote vote jonty
Captain safariguy5

Postby redhedge47 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:55 pm

guess hes not claiming sanity but he could be fool/joker

Postby ShaggyDan on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Internet's finally back on :).

safariguy5 wrote:I think jonty should have realized that he was a sanity cop after zimmah turned up dead. I'm thinking he could be a lyncher of some kind vs hippo.

Quoted for truth. Surely you would realise this as soon as you got the result Jonty? And subsequently be more hesitant with outing your results?

Anyway, looking at the situation here we can do one of three things:

1. Pursue and pressure Jonty. If we lynch him and he flips cop we may still be able to have info from his sanity.

2. Pursue and pressure Hippo. If he flips scum we can trust Jonty's role. If he flips town we can watch Jonty carefully.

3. Go after someone else.

I think there is less risk associated with option one compared to option two and that would be my choice, though I am not adverse to number three. I will have time to re-read over the next two days. In any case we shouldn't rush this till everyones had a chance to weigh in on the situation.

I will also add, although I did not visit anyone last night I am not vanilla.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby redhedge47 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:18 pm

with the two options it seems safer to go for hippo but then again jonty might be lyncher, but if we kill jonty then he turns out to be op we have lost one of our most opwerfu asets but that dosent really matter since the maf will kill him tonight anyway

vote jonty

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:47 pm

vote jonty

I agree with zimmah. He didnt even pick up on zimmah being wrong until being called on it.
Or he is just bad. I mean a good cop should never investigate a claimed townie. Waste of a night action imo.

Even after night 2 im not sold on hippo being scum. Still its convenient. And the longer it stays convenient...the longer he leads us on.
Having said that. I am still of the opinion he is town and actually a tracker.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby edocsil on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:45 pm

This is a "sealed deck" game there cant be a lyncher. Lyncher are bad guys, and we already know who know who those are (read day one scene....) Vote Hippo

If a town busdriver mucked it up to give the result they will have to claim before lynch, until then a guilty means a hanging. Hippos death will result in proving The Cop's sanity, and even if he is insane he is still useful once we know his sanity.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:19 am

edocsil wrote:This is a "sealed deck" game there cant be a lyncher. Lyncher are bad guys, and we already know who know who those are (read day one scene....) Vote Hippo

If a town busdriver mucked it up to give the result they will have to claim before lynch, until then a guilty means a hanging. Hippos death will result in proving The Cop's sanity, and even if he is insane he is still useful once we know his sanity.

Wait a minute edoc, we don't know that for sure.

And I quote from the rules:

4. This game is meant to be confusing and absurd, if you play assuming the game is balanced you may end up screwing yourself over although my games usually are pretty balanced..

Not to say that there isn't a lyncher, but it's entirely possible lyncher doesn't show up on the flavor text of Day 1.
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:50 am

It also puts that there could be cops with alternate sanities. I'll admit the fact that he didn't realize that Zimmah was scum until it was pointed out to him....is very very odd. I'm just having trouble following through on this as I don't see what big advantage mafia or cult would stand to gain from fake claiming at that point and I'm hesitant to lynch a claimed cop.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby aage on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:31 am

strike wolf wrote:It also puts that there could be cops with alternate sanities. I'll admit the fact that he didn't realize that Zimmah was scum until it was pointed out to him....is very very odd. I'm just having trouble following through on this as I don't see what big advantage mafia or cult would stand to gain from fake claiming at that point and I'm hesitant to lynch a claimed cop.

I agree it's an odd game to play for scum right now, but that's wifom. If we assume he's telling the truth, he has to be an insane cop (nice catch on the rules, Saf, but it could also hint towards sanities instead of lyncher) or there has to be a busdriver. Since the scene doesn't mention any mixing up, and the opening post was rich on role clues, I'm inclined to believe that there isn't a busdriver, and that Jonty is insane... leaving us, once again, with absolutely nothing. We should be testing one of these theories at least.

By the way, Vodean and Nag haven't posted yet?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby edocsil on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:29 am

safariguy5 wrote:
edocsil wrote:This is a "sealed deck" game there cant be a lyncher. Lyncher are bad guys, and we already know who know who those are (read day one scene....) Vote Hippo

Wait a minute edoc, we don't know that for sure.

And I quote from the rules:

4. This game is meant to be confusing and absurd, if you play assuming the game is balanced you may end up screwing yourself over although my games usually are pretty balanced..

Not to say that there isn't a lyncher, but it's entirely possible lyncher doesn't show up on the flavor text of Day 1.

Yes, but there is this.

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:The alphabets have returned minus a few letters. All is not well in Alphabet Land as Ms. A, E, I, and O have decided that they are going to disobey the local town laws and ordinances. Mr. Q has gone on a rampage because his long term girlfriend Ms. U is still incarcerated while Mr. Y has started his own church out of his house with lots of kool aid sitting on the table waiting for people to drink.

Cult, SK, Scum, what is that, 5-6 bad guys? IMO it would simply be excessive to have a lyncher in here too, but that is just my opinion.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby aage on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:58 am

By the way, is it me or is it also convenient that both claimed investigative roles visited the same player during night 1 who conveniently turned out to be the SK who was also conveniently the mafia NK? I mean, I'm not jealous, but for some reason Zimmah's was the place to be during N1 for some reason and I can't figure out why. The chances are so slim.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives