Conquer Club

Alphabet Mafia 2Day 6 no night deaths

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Day 2 has begun

Postby aage on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:36 am

jonty125 wrote:Well I suppose we'll have to assume cult recruited N1 unless some scene later on disproves this. I can't think of a reason why cult wouldn't recruit N1.

Roleblock, hide/commute, target died... there's reason. But I just think the scene didn't mention it.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby ShaggyDan on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:04 am

I have nothing note-worthy to report from last night's actions.

I am also pretty swamped atm, and don't see anything standing out at me. The scene flavour is straight forward, and it seems that no-one has a night action with a lead. So I may as well re-hash this post I made from before:

ShaggyDan wrote:What did strike me as odd is DJ's post above. Why leave your vote on Elon? The banter is a viable point to look at, but so is everyone else's opinion on it. Although not a lot of substance there's a chance to take leads from peoples views. Earlier in the day you put forward a joke-vote on Elon all about his name, and then was surprised when there was no defence from him. Was he meant to respond to the jokevotes with a valid defence? Basically I'm looking for a reason on why you're keeping your vote there. The reasoning of "its D1 with nothing much to go on and that caught me off guard" seems very wishy-washy to me.

If only to get the response from DJ that I never got on day 1. The fact that you're voting Elon again today strikes me as odd yet again. Yes there is merit to voting for the person you were the day previous if nothing changes... but you never put forward a reason yesterday. You made the vote as a joke-vote, then kept it on without much explanation, and now re-vote it using the reason that it was on the day before. Strikes me as an odd train of thought.

I agree we do need some pressure / claims from today. If we're going into night two fairly blind it's going to be an uphill battle for us (despite the fact the SK is already dead).
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby Djfireside on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:14 am

ShaggyDan wrote:I have nothing note-worthy to report from last night's actions.

I am also pretty swamped atm, and don't see anything standing out at me. The scene flavour is straight forward, and it seems that no-one has a night action with a lead. So I may as well re-hash this post I made from before:

ShaggyDan wrote:What did strike me as odd is DJ's post above. Why leave your vote on Elon? The banter is a viable point to look at, but so is everyone else's opinion on it. Although not a lot of substance there's a chance to take leads from peoples views. Earlier in the day you put forward a joke-vote on Elon all about his name, and then was surprised when there was no defence from him. Was he meant to respond to the jokevotes with a valid defence? Basically I'm looking for a reason on why you're keeping your vote there. The reasoning of "its D1 with nothing much to go on and that caught me off guard" seems very wishy-washy to me.

If only to get the response from DJ that I never got on day 1. The fact that you're voting Elon again today strikes me as odd yet again. Yes there is merit to voting for the person you were the day previous if nothing changes... but you never put forward a reason yesterday. You made the vote as a joke-vote, then kept it on without much explanation, and now re-vote it using the reason that it was on the day before. Strikes me as an odd train of thought.

I agree we do need some pressure / claims from today. If we're going into night two fairly blind it's going to be an uphill battle for us (despite the fact the SK is already dead).

Sorry Shaggy, I read back through and not sure how I missed it. My logic runs in a few points which are little at best but as stated first day have to start somewhere unfortunately. I took Strike's defense of elon as a off point. Granted I havent played with Elon so I assume they are new to this but just how SW made his defense really caught me off. It is the only point I have to work from so I decided to keep on it and maybe get enough pressure on it to get a claim. Im not trying to quick lynch them but with the banter and people coming for me for keeping it there I am tending to want to leave it and see what happens.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby elonpuckhog on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:46 pm

VOTE DJFIRESIDE

DJ votes me as a joke, doesn't bother to take his vote off me, and then continues to vote me. Fine - I get there was virtually nothing learned from day one. But his defense of continuing to vote for me focuses a whole lot more on SW than on me. Yet he continues to vote me. Seems really strange and odd to me.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby aage on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:08 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:VOTE DJFIRESIDE

DJ votes me as a joke, doesn't bother to take his vote off me, and then continues to vote me. Fine - I get there was virtually nothing learned from day one. But his defense of continuing to vote for me focuses a whole lot more on SW than on me. Yet he continues to vote me. Seems really strange and odd to me.

You're worried because one guy votes you and then diverts his attention? Are we only allowed to have one suspect?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby elonpuckhog on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm saying he really doesn't have a case on me. He is more worried about Strike Wolf. If he is so worried about SW, why does he leave his vote on me? It seems like he's trying to make a case on me even though he has a better case on someone else. Multiple suspects is fine - I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with is his trying to make a case out of nothing while he has a strong case on someone else.

And since he is the only case I could make, I voted for him. I'd like to hear from some others as well.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby Djfireside on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:51 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:I'm saying he really doesn't have a case on me. He is more worried about Strike Wolf. If he is so worried about SW, why does he leave his vote on me? It seems like he's trying to make a case on me even though he has a better case on someone else. Multiple suspects is fine - I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with is his trying to make a case out of nothing while he has a strong case on someone else.

And since he is the only case I could make, I voted for him. I'd like to hear from some others as well.

Yes the main point that leads to my vote is strike and his defense of you. Granted we dont have much to work with in the current state of the game but in my logic I have the two of you tied up in based on strikes remarks. As stated before, Im not trying to speed lynch you or really have anything more than a hunch to go on and I can understand the OMGUS vote from it but Im working with what I have. Based on what occurred it is a toss between you so I just went with what I had. We have to work on clearing people as we didnt do well D1 so figured Id start early on
Private Djfireside

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:33 pm

I know you're new at this elon, but to react to one person voting you as an attempted speedlynch is definitely an overreaction. That is exactly the kind of response that can get interpreted as a scummy move. However, I think this is a bit of a noob mistake, so I don't necessarily see this as a definite tell.
Captain safariguy5

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:52 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I know you're new at this elon, but to react to one person voting you as an attempted speedlynch is definitely an overreaction. That is exactly the kind of response that can get interpreted as a scummy move. However, I think this is a bit of a noob mistake, so I don't necessarily see this as a definite tell.

I love these sorts of "sage advice" comments. They make us go "shucks xxx (in this case Saf) I really trust you and thanks for looking out for me". Always good to stow in the back of the cap for later because they could also be interprested as a sort of soft defence.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby jonty125 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:39 am

Djfireside wrote:We have to work on clearing people as we didnt do well D1 so figured Id start early on

How does voting elon, clear him?
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:58 am

jonty125 wrote:
Djfireside wrote:We have to work on clearing people as we didnt do well D1 so figured Id start early on

How does voting elon, clear him?

I suspect he wants a claim.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:11 am

elons move seems newbish rather than scumish..
as for cult recruit....I would lsu is one of those mods that wouldnt post that info on successful or not. Good way would be to go back through the first alphabet game. I didnt play it so wouldnt know.

also in relation to scenes...Knife kills in scenes are sk's...gun shots and cement shoes (lol) are scum. *USUALLY*

And I agree SW...Docs are dying so often early lately :(

I agree with jonty a bit...how does voting elon work on clearing people...except by putting elon to l-2/3 and forcing a claim from him. If your basis for voting is from day 1 counts...That seams foolish. I would say there is close to nothing that we can read from day 1 votes at all at this stage.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby redhedge47 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:33 am

im going to agree with voldy I really dont thik elon is scummy
Private 1st Class redhedge47

Postby jonty125 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:00 am

lord voldemort wrote:Knife kills in scenes are sk's...gun shots and cement shoes (lol) are scum. *USUALLY*

I HATE it when people try to differentiate kills using this method, I've had mafia with kill who once used a knife. Well it doesn't matter in this game. We know the SK killed the doc and the mafia killed the SK.
Cook jonty125

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:53 am

I agree...But its just what happens. Some mods do it...most dont. In my experience. But IF there is anything to be gained from that scene. Its that
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:55 am

lord voldemort wrote:elons move seems newbish rather than scumish..
as for cult recruit....I would lsu is one of those mods that wouldnt post that info on successful or not. Good way would be to go back through the first alphabet game. I didnt play it so wouldnt know.

also in relation to scenes...Knife kills in scenes are sk's...gun shots and cement shoes (lol) are scum. *USUALLY*

And I agree SW...Docs are dying so often early lately :(

I agree with jonty a bit...how does voting elon work on clearing people...except by putting elon to l-2/3 and forcing a claim from him. If your basis for voting is from day 1 counts...That seams foolish. I would say there is close to nothing that we can read from day 1 votes at all at this stage.

I'm going to agree with this post for the most part. As far as cases today, I'm not sure. Vodean tends to seem scummier to me than most players so I don't know if I'm overthinking it or not. I see a valid point as far as Vodean seemed to alternate from questioning me to supporting my initial defense though that left me with more confused vibes than scummy vibes from him. DJ. Honestly you can argue whether sticking to the day 1 vote makes sense but his reason admittedly seems to at least have been consistent in that he's not voting Elon necessarily because of what Elon did but because he seems to think I'm defending him. This is flawed logic as any scum could easily try to defend someone who is not aligned with them to gain town points when that player turns up town (in this case SK or Cult recruiter would work too since they are solo artists day 1. cult usually is anyways) as easily as they could defend a scummate.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Djfireside on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:16 am

I can understand the dispute over my vote but I am trying to at least get the day moving. We have already blown through 2 of the 5 days and have some limited activity on that aspect. I know the hurricane is doing some damage to people, being in south florida I already dealt with it, so that explains why some are missing but if we dont get traction we are just going to keeping getting NL days with no information to go on.
Private Djfireside

Postby jonty125 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:47 am

Djfireside wrote:I can understand the dispute over my vote but I am trying to at least get the day moving.

Hmm, that is good, but by doing it by being scummy, then that's not a good thing, for you.
Cook jonty125

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:16 pm

I mean, I don't necessarily think the case on elon from day 1 was particularly strong to begin with, and forcing a claim doesn't necessarily clear him.

Vote Geegel for submarining.
Captain safariguy5

Postby nagerous on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:50 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I mean, I don't necessarily think the case on elon from day 1 was particularly strong to begin with, and forcing a claim doesn't necessarily clear him.

That seems like a reasonable enough lead, considering the shortness of the day phases perhaps a few extra mod prods wouldn't go amiss.
Captain nagerous

Postby Djfireside on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:15 pm

More than likely the Mod wont be in for a few days since they are in Louisiana with the hurricane and the levys in a few parishes went and most are without power.
Private Djfireside

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:39 pm

nagerous wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I mean, I don't necessarily think the case on elon from day 1 was particularly strong to begin with, and forcing a claim doesn't necessarily clear him.

That seems like a reasonable enough lead, considering the shortness of the day phases perhaps a few extra mod prods wouldn't go amiss.

I agree this is an appropriate lead. Day two is always hard. Not sure why you didn't vote though Nag! ANyways, Vote Geegel for pressure to join in.

As to the other issues, I haven't found those cases compelling in the least and Vode is always scummy - its how he plays the game! Sometimes he's scum sometimes he's town - he's hard to read and always frustrating :lol:
ImageImageImage
show

Postby ShaggyDan on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:29 pm

I don't have anything to add to the discussion atm, DJ's response to my point seems fair.

I'm happy to follow an inactive lead if we have nothing else to go off. Will give him some time to respond before I put a vote on.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby edocsil on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Vote hippo

He is putting very little effort into his posts this game. Between a total lack of previewing (post are sometime unintelligible) he has been posting a fair amount, but it is useless drivel and contributes minimally to scum hunting.

obv. Scene clearly answered his questions.
thehippo8 wrote:Just out of interrest, Zimmah, how do you suspect that the SK was killed?

Boring bandwagon. No real thought involved here, especially when several people haven't posted today.
thehippo8 wrote:
nagerous wrote:

I agree this is an appropriate lead. Day two is always hard. Not sure why you didn't vote though Nag! ANyways, Vote Geegel for pressure to join in.

As to the other issues, I haven't found those cases compelling in the least and Vode is always scummy - its how he plays the game! Sometimes he's scum sometimes he's town - he's hard to read and always frustrating :lol:

It was more of the same yesterday, but I really can't be bothered to go get the quotes. The ones already provided are enough.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Let me get this right, you are blaming me for effectively not bothering but you can't be bothered to back that up. That is funny!
ImageImageImage
show

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives