Conquer Club

Alphabet Mafia 2Day 6 no night deaths

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Day 2 has begun

Postby jonty125 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:17 am

I have no objections to been targeted. There is bound to be at least one other investigative out there.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:27 am

Thats a terrible idea to tell who you are targetting...wth is this...elon i dont specifically believe him....i however feel like lynching him here is a mistake...Simply on the whim that he tracked the guy who died....Tracker is a hard role to fake claim from day 2. If he tracks someone tomorrow night and then again doesnt give effective results...Then I am all for lynching him.
Hence why hippo saying who he is going to target is fucking stupid.
FOS : Vodean....I feel like you should know better. I am sure some scum are on hippo here for sure.

Having said that...hippo is doing himself no favours at all by vote hopping and omgus-ing everyone. Maybe he is just bad?
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby edocsil on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:38 am

lord voldemort wrote: Maybe he is just bad?
He has been here a long time. If some noob was doing this we would obviously just leave him alone and let him hang or clear himself with his later actions. However, this madness is going to ruin later days if he is left alive, even if he is telling the truth. I mean, letting his actions be directed? He is just a scum trying to draw it out to let his faction get in a few more kills.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:15 am

The more it goes on edoc the more im inclined to agree...I am still however on the side of giving him a day

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:20 am

Vote Count thru page 15 before the first unvote

Elon: DJ
DJ: Elon
Geegel: Safari, Hippo
Hippo: Edocsil, Aage, Jonty, Sam, Red
Aage: LV

Thanks Aage: Luckily not too much damage was done to my house. Just the power company sucks and took forever to get the power back up.

Vote count at page 15 from the first unvote until "present"
Elon: DJ
DJ: Elon
Hippo: Aage, Jonty, Sam, Safari, Edocsil
Aage: LV, Nag
Vodean: SW
Edocsil: Vodean, Hippo

Geegel will be getting replaced since didn't respond to my pm despite reading it a few days back.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby ShaggyDan on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:56 am

vodean wrote:why dont you announce who you are gonna target. that way we can use them to confirm it.

Vote Vodean

... such a scummy idea. Absolutely no good can come from announcing the tracking target. What does knowing the target give to town? The only potential I can see is if a watcher would then also target Jonty, which honestly is a big waste. It opens up so many more doors for scum. Roleblocking, busdriving, killing the target all spring to mind.

The only reason I think you would have for suggesting this is if you wanted to bus-drive his target with someone else and get Hippo lynched (assuming that Hippo is actually a tracker, which I am willing to wait another day on).

The votes more just there because I was floating around without a stance. I don't believe Hippo but I'm willing to wait another day on it. Vodean strikes me as scummy.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:48 am

Honestly, I see no reason why Hippo would believe that edoc is scum. It's a huge and very risky WIFOM to fake a Friendly Neighbor claim and get your scummates to play along. If you get outted, you just handed all your scummates over. I don't see that as a possibility and I cannot fathom how/why else edoc would be faking a friendly neighbor claim. As such, your case on edoc is an attempt to redirect pressure to me hippo, and I'm not buying it.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Djfireside on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:04 pm

UNVOTE

With Hippo claimed it leaves the point of do you or do you not believe them. Im on neither side but since there hasnt been enough to play with I will stick them on the tell us your actions as the days go list and if it looks worse then we have a problem. I can see where Vodean is coming from in their statment but doesnt seem to fit and they seem to be lying in waiting so Ill see what comes of that.

Vote Vodean
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby edocsil on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:07 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Honestly, I see no reason why Hippo would believe that edoc is scum. It's a huge and very risky WIFOM to fake a Friendly Neighbor claim and get your scummates to play along. If you get outted, you just handed all your scummates over. I don't see that as a possibility and I cannot fathom how/why else edoc would be faking a friendly neighbor claim. As such, your case on edoc is an attempt to redirect pressure to me hippo, and I'm not buying it.

:? Wrong game I think.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:05 pm

Damn it, too many games with too many of the same players. Regardless, the general gist of my argument is the same. Hippo is trying to deflect pressure by starting another case. I see little evidence of edoc being scummy and I think the case was exceedingly weak.
Captain safariguy5

Postby nagerous on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:12 pm

ShaggyDan wrote:
vodean wrote:why dont you announce who you are gonna target. that way we can use them to confirm it.

Vote Vodean

... such a scummy idea. Absolutely no good can come from announcing the tracking target. What does knowing the target give to town? The only potential I can see is if a watcher would then also target Jonty, which honestly is a big waste. It opens up so many more doors for scum. Roleblocking, busdriving, killing the target all spring to mind.

The only reason I think you would have for suggesting this is if you wanted to bus-drive his target with someone else and get Hippo lynched (assuming that Hippo is actually a tracker, which I am willing to wait another day on).

The votes more just there because I was floating around without a stance. I don't believe Hippo but I'm willing to wait another day on it. Vodean strikes me as scummy.

Indeed, seriously... if jonty was in the scum group for example he would now just get one of his partner's to send the kill in and therefore try and clear himself.
Captain nagerous

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:16 pm

@ SHaggy, Vode & nag - so who do you suggest that I target? Or shall I just keep that to myself and then advise my results as soon as day begins (assuming I don't get night killed).
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby nagerous on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:26 pm

thehippo8 wrote:@ SHaggy, Vode & nag - so who do you suggest that I target? Or shall I just keep that to myself and then advise my results as soon as day begins (assuming I don't get night killed).

Keep it yourself and share the results tomorrow, if you're lying the truth will quickly out.
Captain nagerous

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Having read over the thread, I think that hippo is still the most scummy. I don't understand the wait and see mentality on hippo, or how we will know for sure tomorrow whether he is lying (that may be the noob in me talking). I'm almost ready to vote him, but I'm not ready to do so quite yet. What I will do is Unvote. I'm not convinced on DJ anymore. Nothing really new to add to my hippo argument, other than I will wait a little longer to be convinced that he could prove himself tomorrow. At this point, I don't see the point in waiting.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby aage on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:56 pm

nagerous wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:@ SHaggy, Vode & nag - so who do you suggest that I target? Or shall I just keep that to myself and then advise my results as soon as day begins (assuming I don't get night killed).

Keep it yourself and share the results tomorrow, if you're lying the truth will quickly out.

This.

Other than that, not much. I'm still for lynching Hippo but if there is no majority, there is no way. Even if we collectively decide not to lynch Hippo, however bad that idea might be, I still urge for a lynch today. Town has zero, and with the doc gone I doubt a potentially truthful Hippo will survive the night. Saf's post is off (Friendly Neighbour?) but Edoc addressed it and I agree with your correction. Two OMGUS's on two forming bandwagons is too much to be ignored.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby jonty125 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:57 am

I don't think we should lynch hippo, if he is lying his web of lies will eventually catch him but I would still like to see a lynch, I suggest lynching an inactive unvote, vote samgrossy
Cook jonty125

Postby elonpuckhog on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Jonty makes a good point about lynching an inactive. I just think its too late for that since the deadline is tomorrow, I think. We need to lynch someone today, so vote thehippo8.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:38 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:Jonty makes a good point about lynching an inactive. I just think its too late for that since the deadline is tomorrow, I think. We need to lynch someone today, so vote thehippo8.

Seriously, just like that. Without any explanation or anything. You say Jonty makes a good point so you do the opposite. Wow!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:52 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:Having read over the thread, I think that hippo is still the most scummy. I don't understand the wait and see mentality on hippo, or how we will know for sure tomorrow whether he is lying (that may be the noob in me talking). I'm almost ready to vote him, but I'm not ready to do so quite yet. What I will do is Unvote. I'm not convinced on DJ anymore. Nothing really new to add to my hippo argument, other than I will wait a little longer to be convinced that he could prove himself tomorrow. At this point, I don't see the point in waiting.

How do you not see that he can prove himself tomorrow??
What has changed that convinced you?
Its like you havent read the thread at all

Postby strike wolf on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:55 pm

The only flaw with proving himself tomorrow is if he is cult recruiter and has his recruitee vouch for him or if he is mafia and a scum mate vouches for him.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby jonty125 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:51 am

strike wolf wrote:The only flaw with proving himself tomorrow is if he is cult recruiter and has his recruitee vouch for him or if he is mafia and a scum mate vouches for him.

Or other investigatives can confirm/rumble him
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:16 am

jonty125 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:The only flaw with proving himself tomorrow is if he is cult recruiter and has his recruitee vouch for him or if he is mafia and a scum mate vouches for him.

The doc is dead and you want to confirm supposedly investigative roles by making other investigative roles claim?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby jonty125 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:28 am

aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

The doc is dead and you want to confirm supposedly investigative roles by making other investigative roles claim?

Well cop could rumble him and go 1 for 1. And if a mafia fakeclaims watcher, then a counterclaim will rumble them.
Cook jonty125

Postby redhedge47 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:03 pm

Ack confusion
Private 1st Class redhedge47

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:06 pm

redhedge47 wrote:Ack confusion

If youre confused by this simple thing then perhaps mafia isnt for you...its a game of wits and intelligence and deductive reasoning....

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives