Conquer Club

Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Postby new guy1 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Hey everyone, sorry I havent posted since the game got back up and running. Alot has been happening recently so I had time, but not enough of it. Just wanted to let you know Im here, and will hopefully be getting time to read up on everything of the past day to see if I cant be of any use for now.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:38 pm

crazy what do you mean by different
Captain gregwolf121

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:16 pm

@ spiesr ... I intend on explaining what I did ... but I'd like some questions answered first ... nothing good ever came out of blurting things out!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Indeed, my night action is not compulsory, I am perfectly happy to refrain from investigating until we find a good vig target.
Captain safariguy5

Postby nagerous on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:48 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I may actually have an extremely useless role. I might be an insane cop after all.

I visited Nendreel last night and he flipped guilty. Maybe a mafia framer got lucky twice, but even I know the odds of that are pretty low. If we're sure Bane is town, then I'm either paranoid or insane, and either way, I'm still not a very good investigative role considering the high probability of me accidentally vigging someone.

Quite frankly, if we really needed to move the game forward and we needed to have a lynch for whatever reason, I'd be perfectly happy to take the hit. That or I could play Russian Roulette with my investigations every night or I could just twiddle my thumbs until we need to vig someone.

I am guessing you are insane, keep investigating people.
Captain nagerous

Postby new guy1 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:24 pm

nagerous wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I may actually have an extremely useless role. I might be an insane cop after all.

I visited Nendreel last night and he flipped guilty. Maybe a mafia framer got lucky twice, but even I know the odds of that are pretty low. If we're sure Bane is town, then I'm either paranoid or insane, and either way, I'm still not a very good investigative role considering the high probability of me accidentally vigging someone.

Quite frankly, if we really needed to move the game forward and we needed to have a lynch for whatever reason, I'd be perfectly happy to take the hit. That or I could play Russian Roulette with my investigations every night or I could just twiddle my thumbs until we need to vig someone.

The problem is he has a 50% chance to vig, so he could kill a townie or he could investigate them at random. Therefore he is saying if town thinks there is someone scummy or he thinks there is someone scummy he will investigate them because they will be vigged if he is lucky (in the scenario that the hunch they are scum is right) or they will be investigated at worst. I would say your idea is good safariguy, the one where you wait till you think someone is scummy.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby nagerous on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:29 pm

new guy1 wrote:
nagerous wrote:

The problem is he has a 50% chance to vig, so he could kill a townie or he could investigate them at random. Therefore he is saying if town thinks there is someone scummy or he thinks there is someone scummy he will investigate them because they will be vigged if he is lucky (in the scenario that the hunch they are scum is right) or they will be investigated at worst. I would say your idea is good safariguy, the one where you wait till you think someone is scummy.

The first part hasn't been proven, and I would say is actually incorrect, are you afraid of being investigated?
Captain nagerous

Postby / on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:00 pm

I agree, vig chance or not, it is town's best interest to utilize saf's role.
And I suppose "insane" could be a valid character interpretation, "Bad Two-Face" wants to kill everyone, "Good Two-Face" hates crime, and would see the bat crew as good, and town as bad. Of course, with so many different ways to view the characters, I could also see two-face as a potential random cop, unlikely, but we shouldn't implicately trust the cleared until;
A. Saf hits a "town" result that we can kill.
and
B. Until Batman himself is dead (so we can presumably cross "godfather" off of the list.)
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby new guy1 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:36 pm

My thing is that if he is paranoid, he will always get a guilty. Therefore, since we do not know if it is insane or paranoid, I would say wait till we have someone in mind that we would not mind vigged and at worst get a bad cop result (or a good one, who knows?). My reason for not wanting him to randomly "investigate/vig" is cause if he just does it then it will lessen town numbers if he goes after a random person each night. I guess I should say that if he thinks someone is worth it then to do it, but if he has no idea and no leads I would say better safe then sorry, since he is more likely to hit town then he is scum.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:03 pm

I think it's an interesting role, but it does come with a certain risk/reward analysis. On one hand, I've directly led a mislynch and a vig of a townie with really very little in the way of actually helping the town. As such, I think I have more than enough red ink to consider a different approach on how to use my role. I really think that I should consider targets more carefully and only target ones that appear scummy. Just going person to person like I've been doing so far increases the risk of accidental kill a little too much I think.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DRoZ on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:14 pm

Serious FOS on both nag and /... Saf's abilities have brought us absolutely nothing of value as of yet. Killed dead_DRoZ and gave us a false positive. There is absolutely no reason to use it unless we intend it to be a vig kill. I am honestly surprised any townie would want you to use it.
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:27 am

Well, we seem to be going nowhere fast. Crazy, if your result is useful can you and those you named expedite the process of figuring it out?
Captain spiesr

Postby nagerous on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:02 pm

DRoZ wrote:Serious FOS on both nag and /... Saf's abilities have brought us absolutely nothing of value as of yet. Killed dead_DRoZ and gave us a false positive. There is absolutely no reason to use it unless we intend it to be a vig kill. I am honestly surprised any townie would want you to use it.

That hasn't been proven that he killed your previous role, if he was a paranoid possible killer cop that would be a properly bastard role, very very unlikely.
Captain nagerous

Postby Nendreel on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:12 pm

I had hoped that we'd get somewhere with Crazy's case by now, but it doesn't look like gregwolf wants to volunteer and LSU is still absent.
Hippo would like to get the ball rolling for us?
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:43 pm

nagerous wrote:
DRoZ wrote:Serious FOS on both nag and /... Saf's abilities have brought us absolutely nothing of value as of yet. Killed dead_DRoZ and gave us a false positive. There is absolutely no reason to use it unless we intend it to be a vig kill. I am honestly surprised any townie would want you to use it.
That hasn't been proven that he killed your previous role, if he was a paranoid possible killer cop that would be a properly bastard role, very very unlikely.
Safariguy, did you get a result from your investigation the night that DRoZ was killed?
Captain spiesr

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:59 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:crazy what do you mean by different

different. not your standard XXX visited XXX
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:16 am

crazymilkshake5 wrote:

alright i think i understand now where you are going with this, but i would rather wait on LSU to see what he has to say
Captain gregwolf121

Postby spiesr on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:46 am

crazymilkshake5 wrote:

Wha? What other result can a tracker even get? X visited Y & Z? Something indicating that you action failed?
gregwolf121 wrote:alright i think i understand now where you are going with this, but i would rather wait on LSU to see what he has to say
LSU hasn't posted in this thread in weeks. He needs to be prodded/replaced/mod-killed.

Rishaed hasn't posted since the start of the day either, but he left a message saying he was gone until the 6th.
Captain spiesr

Postby DRoZ on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:52 pm

nagerous wrote:

Unlikely bastard role or not, there has been absolutely nothing good from his ability and you are advocating its use completely unhindered. As a townsperson that would be recklessly irresponsible, unless of course you don't value the lives of our fellow townsfolk.
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:13 pm

spiesr wrote:
nagerous wrote:
Safariguy, did you get a result from your investigation the night that DRoZ was killed?

I got a PM from the mod saying I got no result. Which to me sounds like I was responsible for the kill unless mafia just happen to get lucky 3 times in a row which would be exceedingly lucky play for them if true.
Captain safariguy5

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:22 pm

I shall prod lsu
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby nagerous on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:35 pm

DRoZ wrote:
nagerous wrote:

Unlikely bastard role or not, there has been absolutely nothing good from his ability and you are advocating its use completely unhindered. As a townsperson that would be recklessly irresponsible, unless of course you don't value the lives of our fellow townsfolk.

Nothing of note yet, but it is the only investigative role we have, as soon as he pulls out a town result then we can start getting suspicious. Safari can choose to not send his action if he doesn't want to, but I think that is a bad idea.
Captain nagerous

Postby gregwolf121 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:28 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
spiesr wrote:
nagerous wrote:

I got a PM from the mod saying I got no result. Which to me sounds like I was responsible for the kill unless mafia just happen to get lucky 3 times in a row which would be exceedingly lucky play for them if true.

well safari i would say your paranoid or insane, and im going to discredit the chance of you killing your target, in light of the evidence, its probable that theres a serial killer among us, and my guess would be that the SK just happened to kill dead_DRoZ the same night you investigated him.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Nendreel on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 pm

An SK is not very likely. Saf should have still gotten a result if someone else killed his target. On top of that we didn't have any extra deaths on Night 1, and I suspect ghostly's death on Night 3 was the work of vig. So unless there is a town RB out there who hit the same person on Night 1 AND 3 we don't have an SK to deal with.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:44 am

I agree that a vig seems very unlikely (unless so9meone is going to confirm a RB). So, how long do we wait for LSU?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives