Conquer Club

Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 1]

Postby new guy1 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:42 pm

I admitted that I have not contributed much, and that is why I didnt toss my vote to a bandwaggon. I just expressed that vodean's vote (which had no reasoning behind it) was scummy to me and because I was guilty of the same thing, I did not vote him. I just expressed that I thought it was scummy. Also, Im not trying to express anger here. I am just too tired to put any emotion into the post. Either way, I stopped by to say sorry for my inconvenient schedule and my lack of posting, while there are other people in the game submarining. I never did get why people voted the person who has come out and admitted absense over the people who continue to post nothing, but I guess thats a mystery, isnt it? :P
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Also, sorry for the double post, I used the word "vote" in my mystery question. In this instance, it is only questioning, not voting. bu in other instances it has been voting.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:54 pm

/ wrote:
Mr. Squirrel wrote:Am I the only one who finds both sides of this argument to be completely pointless?

I suppose you have more important things to say then; like
Mr. Squirrel wrote: :-s...

?
FOS MR. S for trying to make the conversation seem futile/not contributing properly

Would you rather I be more verbose about it? Because what I expressed in those two concise posts can be elaborated on greatly if you really wish. I just felt it was unnecessary. I also felt that enough people would understand why both sides of the argument are silly so that I wouldn't have to explain it.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby / on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:
/ wrote:
Mr. Squirrel wrote:Am I the only one who finds both sides of this argument to be completely pointless?

I suppose you have more important things to say then; like
Mr. Squirrel wrote: :-s...

?
FOS MR. S for trying to make the conversation seem futile/not contributing properly

Would you rather I be more verbose about it? Because what I expressed in those two concise posts can be elaborated on greatly if you really wish. I just felt it was unnecessary. I also felt that enough people would understand why both sides of the argument are silly so that I wouldn't have to explain it.

Well, if the conversation could have been ended with a smiley, one would think it wouldn't have occurred in the first place, hm?
If you have any opinions that will help us go in a more favorable direction, I wouldn't mind hearing them.
If you are simply lost in apathy towards the given situation, unable to find anything of more merit than a joke vote, I needn't press for elaboration.

now to move on, hmm Bane...
show

I could possibly see third party, mafia is a heavy stretch is my opinion, I'd say probably town IMO.
Unvote
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby spiesr on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:39 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:well first off unvote since JV is nearly over, lot has been said and argued but i will forstall voting till i have had more time to read over paying attention to what was said
So, you a just going to blatantly scumariner then?
betiko wrote:if you guys really want it to happen, I can give my character name but I can't reveal my role.
Uhh, I always hate it when people say that they can't/won't share their role. It is frustrating to try to reason with them and statistically it seems they are wrong more often than not. Anyhow, can someone who played they game give a a brief summary of Bane's role in it?
betiko wrote:If you feel that the pressure given by / and spiesr is not proportionate to what they see as a "scumy" (sharing thoughts about potential characters in the game, really?), then why would I not be reactng like this? / is on spanish inquisition mode and it's funny to see how all you guys bandwagon.
Because at this point your responses to the stuff which has happened to you is far more relevant than the initial act. And, in my opinion, your responses thus far have left much to be desired.
betiko wrote:
/ wrote:TO REPEAT THE QUESTION WAS: HOW DOES A LIST OF POTENTIAL TOWN NAMES HELP TOWN?
Seriously, I wasn't even very suspect of you to start with, but with your continued question dodging coupled with an incoming deadline, I'd like to finish this soon.
unvote vote betiko
lol, do you want someting to calm you down, too much coffee today?
Still not complying to his demands?
DRoZ wrote:Like I said, I believed you were trying to be helpful. What is so off putting is your reaction to the adversity, not the original act. Though to be honest, the pressuring by spiesr and / seem scummier to me then your reaction, maybe my own vote on you was a bit hasty (I blame the risk of a dreaded prod). Either way, it seems like the day one lynch will be between you, /, or spiesr, considering the lack of much else going on, and I would imagine that at least one of you is scum.
Somebody seems to be pretty wishy washy here. Folding under anything resembling scrutiny? An FOS for you.
Captain spiesr

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:51 pm

Why bother even doing a name without backing it with a claim? That to me seems scummy since I know when I'm mod I'll give out fake names but i don't give out roles to go with them usually.

Either way, the original post was wasteful but I don't find that to be scummy. It does no good guessing who may or may not be in a game. Just recently I was in the muppet's mafia game and was given the safe claim of kermit the frog and miss piggy wasn't even in the game either so either man up with a role or risk getting more votes at a later point.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:15 am

Vote Count 1.3

/ (1)- safariguy5
new guy1 (1)- Nagerous
ShaggyDan (1)- ghostly447
Vodean(1)- Mr. Squirrel
Nendreel (1)- cm5
cm5 (1)- jonty125
betiko (3)- spiesr, ShaggyDan, DRoZ
spiesr (2)- betiko, Vodean

Not Voting (10)- edocsil, LSU Josh, jak111, Illiad, Nendreel, strike wolf, gillipig, gregwolf121, new guy1, /

Prods went out to 4 players not active.

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is currently which is in just under 70 hours
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:22 am

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:Why bother even doing a name without backing it with a claim? That to me seems scummy since I know when I'm mod I'll give out fake names but i don't give out roles to go with them usually.

Either way, the original post was wasteful but I don't find that to be scummy. It does no good guessing who may or may not be in a game. Just recently I was in the muppet's mafia game and was given the safe claim of kermit the frog and miss piggy wasn't even in the game either so either man up with a role or risk getting more votes at a later point.

go ahead, lynch me if you want. You just posted your first thoughts here and already feel like a scum hunter officer. What part of "I will not reveal my role" do you not understand? If I were mafia, the easiest thing onday 1 like this would be to say that I'm VT. I have my own reasons not to reveal anymore. I guess you've contributed so much since the game started that you can say that my post was wastefull, when it actually started the game. thanks for your contributions! ;)
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:34 am

@ spiesr: no, not complying to your or / demands when asked like that. I gave an explanation about 10 times to your silly question, if it's not good enough for you well that's just too bad. what good does it have for town to ask the same question over and over?

so basically I claimed Bane, the main villain in the last batman movie; we are in a prison here where vilains are townies, I and uncounterclaimed and no one knows who you are. What makes you think you can can get away being the inquisitioner much longer? the deadline is close so go ahead and give your character name if you think it has no relevance.
Major betiko

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:00 am

ah bane... i dont know how big of a character he was in the game, but you also havnt revealed your role. why? is ti so that way we have no way to find out who you are and what you do?
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby strike wolf on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:32 am

betiko wrote:@ spiesr: no, not complying to your or / demands when asked like that. I gave an explanation about 10 times to your silly question, if it's not good enough for you well that's just too bad. what good does it have for town to ask the same question over and over?

so basically I claimed Bane, the main villain in the last batman movie; we are in a prison here where vilains are townies, I and uncounterclaimed and no one knows who you are. What makes you think you can can get away being the inquisitioner much longer? the deadline is close so go ahead and give your character name if you think it has no relevance.

I'm just gonna say this. This is Arkham City based off the video game, not Dark Knight Rises. Other than the fact that both of them had Batman and Bane, The Dark Knight Rises has nothing to do with the flavor of this game.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:57 am

strike wolf wrote:
betiko wrote:@ spiesr: no, not complying to your or / demands when asked like that. I gave an explanation about 10 times to your silly question, if it's not good enough for you well that's just too bad. what good does it have for town to ask the same question over and over?

I'm just gonna say this. This is Arkham City based off the video game, not Dark Knight Rises. Other than the fact that both of them had Batman and Bane, The Dark Knight Rises has nothing to do with the flavor of this game.

you are right strike. but i have no idea of the scenario from the video game, if you do, i would be interested to know a little more. I haven't seen the dark night rises yet, but I loved the first 2 of nolan's trilogy (not a big fan of super heroe movies, but batman begins and the dar knight are both great, much better than all other batman movies).

@ milkshake: i will not reveal my role because it would not be in benefit of the town if scums know my role is around, and I don't want to be facing a specific mafia role. I would love to say more but not with batman and friends around.

By the way, do you guys think there is a third party faction that can discuss at night?

other thing: I understand that many of you can't take my word for granted, you can investigate me if you want; but given the deadline and the fact that I am the only one really pressured, you might think of an alternative to me. I have a power role, if you guys think that it's worth lynching me because I answered harshly to some dumb acusation for getting us out of the joke vote stage and for not revealing my power, just my character, well be it. I can assure you that I can be quite helpfull for town. Now why don't you guys put my case aside for a minute and at least give yourself 2 alternatives?
I am not sure mafia have fakeclaims.
Major betiko

Postby edocsil on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:15 am

:oops: Pardon all, This had been sitting in "waiting for players" for so long that I entirely forgot to check in on it after it started. I'll be posting shortly.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Nendreel on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:22 am

spiesr wrote: Anyhow, can someone who played they game give a a brief summary of Bane's role in it?

Ok, the basic parts are that Bane uses a chemical called Venom to make himself stronger. TITAN is a derivative of Venom developed by the Joker, and Bane doesn't like that. He offers to team up with Batman to destroy the last twelve containers of it (each taking six). Once Batman has destroyed his six and meets back up with Bane, we find that (big surprise) Bane has double crossed the Bat and instead of destroying his six Bane has collected them and attacks Batman. A dodge roll and a batarang later and Bane is contained.

That is the total sum of Bane's role in the game.

betiko wrote: now what about the deadline? day 1 is ridiculously short. i had to name claim quick to have the time to turn around. there is a few here who still havent posted and not yet responded to the prod..

Even if you are trying to turn things around quick, a name claim at L-8 seems a bit premature. And really at this point you may as well reveal your power, especially after this:
i will not reveal my role because it would not be in benefit of the town if scums know my role is around, and I don't want to be facing a specific mafia role. I would love to say more but not with batman and friends around
since maf would probably night kill you for that. If your power (or defense) is good enough you might get some doc protection. Refusing to reveal a power just looks more suspicious.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby ShaggyDan on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:49 am

Unvote. Failing a counterclaim to I'm willing to take that as enough for day one pressure. We can get more info on the role down the track, and if flavour that suggests Bane pops up in the scenes we can re-evaluate later. Plus I'm sure we have some investigative roles amongst town for this sort of thing.

As for how to proceed, with less than 3 days I don't know where to go from here. There's not enough time to pressure inactives, and I doubt we'll get enough pressure out for another claim.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:19 am

the days are just too ridiculously short. anyone wants to ask the mod more time as well? we can't possibly do anything. there is no way we can play a 21 player mafia game in 1 week, this can only result in stupid lynches or no lynches. we have some players who didn't even post once like iliad; others like edoc who is quite experienced here hasn't even started reading. out of the 21 there are just like 4 or 5 max that post every day, why such a shot deadline? we wouldn't be able to gather 11 votes on whoever in such notice.

needrel, you have no clue of my role, I know exactly what I'm doing. Other than this, if I name claimed at l-8 or whatever is because we had 2-3 days left and the town/scum is pressuring only one individual. The situation right now is no lynch/lynch me and no one wants to look deeper into other players. What would you do in my situation? let town continue drowning in a glass of water? or try to get us back on track?
I think that telling you that I'm bane I deserve at least the benefit of the doubt. You think I answered like a dick to /'s stupid acusations? well if you think it's worth lynching a PR go ahead.
Major betiko

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:11 am

Shorter deadlines create action. And prevent games stalling and getting boring. Its how it always was. I am all for extending a deadline if there is talk and meaningful discussion taking place.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby jonty125 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:18 am

Well I believe the nameclaim but I'm curious as to why he can't tell us his role but it looks like we're not going to get anything else from betiko.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DRoZ on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:42 pm

It would seem that the Bane story has validity, and if it is true then considering the double cross in the game a power role would be likely. Good enough for me to UNVOTE for the time being. Although surely you must realize that you will be a likely target tonight regardless of whether or not you divulge your role.

Spiesr, as for being wishy washy, I was just admitting that my vote on him was dubious at best and all I had hoped for was continued discussion. Would it be better if I just accused everyone that spoke as scum, as seems to be your modus operandi.

I myself gave a reasoned explanation for my vote, while you jumped on the first bandwagon you saw with little to nothing to add until pressed. You even took it one step further and called out vodeon for doing the exact same thing you just did. If that isn't scummy behavior, then I don't know what is.
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby new guy1 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:42 pm

I think I am picking up on a hint of betiko's night action. Will you confirm if you go anywhere in the night to use your action, or if you just sit and wait? If you get what I am trying to say. I understand if you dont want to considering you dont know who I am and such, but it would sooth my curiosity :P. I will give my thoughts if enough people think it's nessesary, but for now I dont want to give any information that doesnt need to be given to the mafia. This is because if my guess is correct, then he is doing the right thing in not giving the information.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby edocsil on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:05 pm

Alright, few things here. I have been scum with betiko once, and this hyper-aggressive attitude (gameplay, not personal attacks) was the same when he was scum. The list didn't make sense, especially with the knowledge of fakes in limbo, and the abrupt retaliation less so. Always best to leave that until a scum gets killed/hung with a fake.

Also, bane is a VERY minor character in Asylum imo. Not worth the early claim, especially when he is likely a strongman or something. IMO claims without role will be pointless here. There are many more characters then there are players in the game, and we will need to trace night actions to determine guilt in many cases.

Unvote Vote Betiko

Pardon the brief post, in a rush and needed to get it out.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:29 pm

/ asked a question about how the list helps town. The answer may not be that it helps town, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it hurts town either. At some point a list will have to come out anyways to help clarify claims/night actions, I don't see how that is any different from what betiko had originally. Something can be a neutral post, doesn't have to be positive/negative.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DRoZ on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Does he have a habit of making early serious posts as scum, or hiding back for a while? It is a risky stance to take as scum, but can pay off well. If he has played risky before it could lend credence to the case against him.
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby jak111 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm a ninja, I'm a bloody ninja, na na na, naannananna. :P
^ Stuck in my head, now you know how I feel!!!

First of all confirm, (had to check I was still on the list since I've been away and only been able to take turns/read inbox) and damn a claim already. Not a full claim though, so it does perk my interest.

(Amazing, no one even missed me.. like I talk non stop and not one person missed me v.v :lol: )

But I do like the progress made without me, I wonder if I just shut up sometimes if people can get info this quickly? :o
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:57 pm

humm edoc, we were never scum together, we were third party together and we lead town to victory revealing them everything and teaming up with them. this must be a couple of month old mafia (matrix modded by saf) and i don't think you have a goldfish memory. Also I had not really been pressured in that game and had never really been on the scumdar. Conclusion you are totally skimming. jonty was third party with us, saf was in it and so was vodean. they can testify that you are completely skimming and trying to shape a reality the way you want to make it look like.

so basically you show up a couple of days before the deadline, when you see that the case on me is losing credit to tryto refuel it inventing stuff? are you scumarining edoc? I'll put the spiesr case aside for a moment, because your post edoc just got number 1 on my scumdar, congrats!

unvote vote edocsil

fastposted, forgot about jak, he was in matrix mafia as well. let's see what neo has tosay about merovingien! :D
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives