Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Vote lovo for the pretty damning evidence posted. Also, I dont quite get what you mean doom. Why would he need to vote for himself in order to kill him?
Sergeant new guy1

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three, Need Reserves

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:36 pm

Now do I understand you right here Com. Didn't your vote just kill him with his own power?
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Commander9 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:47 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Unvote vote lovo

Not quite what I was expecting, but let's do him in. However, if he doesn't vote for himself how can we expect to kill him comm9?

Huh?

<--- Confused.

edocsil wrote:Now do I understand you right here Com. Didn't your vote just kill him with his own power?

Misunderstanding (possibly due to my English). First of all, LoVo is not CURRENTLY a captive... Thus he has his own vote. Secondly, unless we misunderstood / ourselves, vote to kill is an ability during the night, not a day ability, thus it has nothing to do with voting stage during the day.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby strike wolf on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:51 pm

So what he and possibly a group send in a vote at night and the one with the most votes gets killed?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Let me try to understand.

You have (I am assuming) 2-3 players in your group.
Each can inhabit a body (or do you have to share one?)
Once inhabited, you can use these bodies night actions, but you also take their vote (giving you the ability to vote, which you originally could not do).

Anything I missed, or am wrong about?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby / on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:02 pm

LSU: 1 vote: Bekito
rishaed: 1 vote: Kanin Usagi
Lord Voldemort: 3 votes: Commander9, DoomYoshi, new guy1
DoomYoshi: 1 vote: ghostly447
ghostly447: 1 vote: jak111
Kanin Usagi: 3 votes: vodean, jonty125, Iron Butterfly

swifte and CMS will be prodded

My mistake, with 24 alive it will take 11 to lynch, not 10.
deadline tuesday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Commander9 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:15 pm

strike wolf wrote:So what he and possibly a group send in a vote at night and the one with the most votes gets killed?

If my assumption is correct, then yes. We don't get to know the PRECISE allignment, VC or any one of that - we are only informed about the abilities, which is why some roles will be a bit more ambigious and will be harder to deal with.

ghostly447 wrote:Let me try to understand.

You have (I am assuming) 2-3 players in your group.
Each can inhabit a body (or do you have to share one?)
Once inhabited, you can use these bodies night actions, but you also take their vote (giving you the ability to vote, which you originally could not do).

Anything I missed, or am wrong about?

Again, our number is irrelevant. If you really want to know, do the analysis.
Each of us are able to attain and to get a new body (or keep the one we are in) every day.
Correct. That was the reason my vote was not counted in day 1. (Look it up if you want to be sure)
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:31 pm

rishaed wrote:no X is not Jonty and Please Vote KANIN and not ghostly. . .ghostly is not a threat as long as he LIVES but results in cult/mafia after he dies from all POTENTIAL and worshipping followers.
Currently the only thing we have to go off of concerning ghostly's role and win condition is his own words. You admit to not having any information about it yourself. Of course ghostly will claim something that isn't a threat. Right now we can't know for sure.

Anyway, Vote lord voldemort. We are going to need some sort of explanation at the very least.
Captain spiesr

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Sorry Spiesr? I could have sworn I said that I was claiming in the last 5 minutes. I knew my WC, just didnt remember which of the several Elder/Outer/whateverthehellelse I was. I could have SWORN I said I had to rush and explained that I glanced over it on accident. Because I did.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Also, Unvote and Vote LoVo. Though I made the argument of not following third party in, I guess it is undeniable that it is at least worth a claim. This is where they have to earn trust I suppose.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:39 pm

ghostly447 wrote:Sorry Spiesr? I could have sworn I said that I was claiming in the last 5 minutes. I knew my WC, just didnt remember which of the several Elder/Outer/whateverthehellelse I was. I could have SWORN I said I had to rush and explained that I glanced over it on accident. Because I did.

What he is pointing out is we havent killed you, therefore we dont know if you are telling the truth or not, THEREFORE we only have your word to go on. Little defensive much?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:40 pm

ghostly447 wrote:Also, Unvote and Vote LoVo. Though I made the argument of not following third party in, I guess it is undeniable that it is at least worth a claim. This is where they have to earn trust I suppose.

EBWOP: Bolded my vote

ghostly447 wrote:Also, Unvote and Vote LoVo. Though I made the argument of not following third party in, I guess it is undeniable that it is at least worth a claim. This is where they have to earn trust I suppose.

No, I just didnt like the way he mocked me when he was wrong (I took the whole "Since he doesnt know his own..etc" as not joking in a light way).
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:46 pm

ghostly447 wrote:

EBWOP: Bolded my vote

No, I just didnt like the way he mocked me when he was wrong (I took the whole "Since he doesnt know his own..etc" as not joking in a light way).
spiesr wrote:
rishaed wrote:no X is not Jonty and Please Vote KANIN and not ghostly. . .ghostly is not a threat as long as he LIVES but results in cult/mafia after he dies from all POTENTIAL and worshipping followers.
Currently the only thing we have to go off of concerning ghostly's role and win condition is his own words. You admit to not having any information about it yourself. Of course ghostly will claim something that isn't a threat. Right now we can't know for sure.

Anyway, Vote lord voldemort. We are going to need some sort of explanation at the very least.

I take it since you quoted the same thing you messed up, but since he quoted rishaed's post, who we already know doesnt know your WC for sure, I can only assume he is responding to rishaed.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:48 pm

ghostly447 wrote:No, I just didnt like the way he mocked me when he was wrong (I took the whole "Since he doesnt know his own..etc" as not joking in a light way).
That specific line was actually directly at rishead. Since, he apparently is tied to your win condition, but doesn't actually have any information on it himself.
Captain spiesr

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:55 pm

spiesr wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:No, I just didnt like the way he mocked me when he was wrong (I took the whole "Since he doesnt know his own..etc" as not joking in a light way).
That specific line was actually directly at rishead. Since, he apparently is tied to your win condition, but doesn't actually have any information on it himself.

Aight. My bad brah. lol
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:18 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
spiesr wrote:

Aight. My bad brah. lol

Lolwut?? I'm a bit confused on why it would be directed at me. . . ???! I've been pretty clear in backing up my opinions with theoretical though processes and quotes from others. And i never said to ghostly "Since he doesn't know his own. . ect." The only one that someone could accurately say that about would be me, because i don't know my own WC ATM.
Big FOS on Speiser for twisting words.
Anyhow I've never tried mocking Ghostly i find thats not really one of the best ways to play.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:30 pm

rishaed wrote:
show
Lolwut?? I'm a bit confused on why it would be directed at me. . . ???! I've been pretty clear in backing up my opinions with theoretical though processes and quotes from others. And i never said to ghostly "Since he doesn't know his own. . ect." The only one that someone could accurately say that about would be me, because i don't know my own WC ATM.
Big FOS on Speiser for twisting words.
Anyhow I've never tried mocking Ghostly i find thats not really one of the best ways to play.
Okay, let's clear this up. Here is the post that started this confusion.
spiesr wrote:
Note that this post is in response to to rishaed's post that is quoted within it. Ghostly misinterpreted the line in orange as being directed towards him and took offense to it. However, this post in general and this line specifically were directed towards rishaed.
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:31 pm

Sorry for confusion. I thought vote to kill was a day action. I thought you meant that LSU didn't die because lovo wasn't voting for him.

I don't think it's fair to assume that it is why there was no kill last night. In fact, I know for certain that isn't why, comm9, which is why I didn't understand your analysis.

I was killed last night. Then I was resurrected. Hence, no kill.

Lovo has nothing to do with that.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby pancakemix on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:47 pm

This post was written as I read and was not edited as I continued.

awai kantaro nedehaipa madant

This is completely made up. Like, nothing on Google made up. I would totally vote for vodean right now if I could.

ghostly447 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Ghost, you are delusional. The first person to vote you since me was jak. He is not voting you for anything I said. He is voting you because of safariguy said. If you aren't going to read the game, then go away.

All I have read is "ghostly should be lynched" for the past few pages, why do you think I came to respond?

Yep. Delusional. If you didn't get anything else out of the last few pages you are a skimming fiend.

Although I will say this: there is nothing to suggest that ghostly is actually scum. Based on the info we have, he could just as easily be human.

@ jak - PCM is NOT alligned with me. He just learnt my VC through inquiry of the gods.

Incorrect. I was merely told this.

Damn, so many choices. Let's see how the LoVo thing fares.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:00 pm

pancakemix wrote:
awai kantaro nedehaipa madant
This is completely made up. Like, nothing on Google made up. I would totally vote for vodean right now if I could.
I thought we already established that Vodean has been interpreting his claimed Post Restriction as "post random stuff."
DoomYoshi wrote:I don't think it's fair to assume that it is why there was no kill last night. In fact, I know for certain that isn't why, comm9, which is why I didn't understand your analysis.

I was killed last night. Then I was resurrected. Hence, no kill.

Lovo has nothing to do with that.
Interesting, care to explain somewhat?
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:04 pm

/ told me I was killed and that I was subsequently resurrected.

I am assuming that lovo had nothing to do with it based on comm9's statement.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:08 pm

I am assuming Lovo couldn't have anything to do with it because his vote was in the possession of Comm9 or one of his faction-mates. You have to think about it though, if you have to vote to kill, IMO you must have at least 3 people because someone has to break a tie. IMO, LoVo is part of a killing faction, and he should be lynched, or at least questioned.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Nendreel on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Well this day has been interesting.
I find Comm9's claim believable enough.
vote Lord Voldemort

Still mulling over ghostly's claim so no comments about that at this time.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Swifte on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:59 pm

a ton for me to catch up on here... should have time tomorrow afternoon.
Colonel Swifte

Postby Commander9 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:28 pm

In all likelihood, this is my last for a while. Doom, what I said that it's at least partly responsible for no kills. I don't think that there's only a single mafia in the game and that a SK is extremely likely, thus the kill. Furthermore, the kill can possibly go through even without all members voting, but my point is that it at least played a small part.
Lieutenant Commander9

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives