Conquer Club

Themeless twisted mafia Day 2. No deaths, 13/14 alive.

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: An old schooled themeless twisted mafia game.DAY 1

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:01 am

superkeener wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Lynch me. I'll take shape's place. :)

you got it,

UNVOTE
VOTE NEB

that was the hammer

You said "you got it". Was that sarcasm?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Themeless twisted mafia Day 2. No deaths, 13/14 alive.

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:28 am

jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:
superkeener wrote:Ok. To comment on my D1 neb vote issue.
When neb said this "Lynch me. I'll take shape's place." That just rubbed me the wrong way. So I was confident in voting for him, and actually I still think it was a good idea. We still don't know for sure his alignment and I am interested to see when or if it will be revealed before the game's end.

So you think he was bluffing?

My 2 cents - I don't think he was.

So why didn't you Unvote? Why are you going out of your way to cler keener?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:42 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:
When neb said this "Lynch me. I'll take shape's place." That just rubbed me the wrong way. So I was confident in voting for him, and actually I still think it was a good idea. We still don't know for sure his alignment and I am interested to see when or if it will be revealed before the game's end.

I aren't going out of my way to clear keener.

I didn't unvote, because town didn't have much to lose, if he was bluffing, we gain, if he wasn't, only lost a VT, could of been worse.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby superkeener on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:42 am

I do think he was bluffing.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:35 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:

This post seems to me like Doom is trying to push for a new lynch target. I think Doom knows he's not getting anywhere with the superkeener case, and therefore, he's trying to shift focus onto jonty. I see this as a possible scum play to ensure a lynch before deadline, with the added bonus of not having to bring any new evidence forward against jonty.

unvote vote Doom
Captain safariguy5

Postby gregwolf121 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:01 pm

well after thinking things over IMO, doom had a valid case on superkeener, it did seem like he was knowingly trying to lynch a VT, but at the same time neb asked to be lynched, granted that was because he thought he could replace in, and in general when a player asks to be lynched the others usually oblige, so i don't think there is, a strong case, not enough for a vote anyway.
however safari has got a valid point too, so lets here explanations.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:56 pm

superkeener wrote:I do think he was bluffing.

In that case, I will unvote.

If you think he was bluffing, you should've made it more clear that you were being sarcastic.

vote doom

This game is stupid. Rishaed pointed out that I started a high profile case. It was a minor point that wouldn't have been a major case if a)keener posted once a day or b) the other players did something more than useless flavor spec.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:14 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

If you think he was bluffing, you should've made it more clear that you were being sarcastic.

vote doom

This game is stupid. Rishaed pointed out that I started a high profile case. It was a minor point that wouldn't have been a major case if a)keener posted once a day or b) the other players did something more than useless flavor spec.

I don't know what to make of this...
Either A. You are admitting you are mafia.
B. Are suiciding b/c the game is stupid.
C. Just plain frustrated.
I wasn't really ready to vote you yet, but I'm not quite up for that. I wasn't buying the fact that keener was bluffing just from the flow of things it certainly doesn't sound like it, (so why give him the out?) And keener, next time can you post it in the vacation thread and maybe here as well?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:29 am

DoomYoshi wrote:

vote doom

your vote serves no useful purpose.

This is the second game I have played with you where when the heat is on you fold up and quit.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby spiesr on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:20 am

DoomYoshi wrote:This game is stupid. Rishaed pointed out that I started a high profile case. It was a minor point that wouldn't have been a major case if a)keener posted once a day or b) the other players did something more than useless flavor spec.
The way you made your vote, not providing the explanation until several posts later, and your post that first followed up that vote, asking us to guess why you were voting for him, insured that it would become the highest profile thing going into the day. The most obvious assumption that people would make in that situation is that you had some sort of night action result that proved superkeener was scum. Once that idea get's into people's heads it will overshadow nearly anything that the rest of us might have come up with. Had you made clear the full explanation of your vote at the outset then it might not have blown up.
If you are looking the cast blame for the way this day has progressed a decent portion of it should be assigned to you for the way you handled the issue at the start.

Now it looks like things turning to having you be the primary target and you getting enough votes to be lynched or at least force a claim is now basically inevitable, and since I played a role in turning the votes toward you, I might as well put my money where my mouth is. Vote DoomYoshi, my count puts you at L-2 now, so do with that what you will...
Captain spiesr

Postby aage on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:56 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:This is the second game I have played with you where when the heat is on you fold up and quit.

This.

Lynching people asking to be lynched isn't the point of this game, though. Honestly I'm not sure what to do. We gain nothing by lynching Doom. We gain even less by lynching anyone else. (Assuming the lynchee will again flip with a question mark.)
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby pancakemix on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:27 am

If doom doesn't want to play, he doesn't have to. Vote Doom

That said, I've been down the road of no-knowledge games before, and apathy tends to take over when there's no way to form logical conclusions. I'd say it's doable, but we should be wary.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby edocsil on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:43 am

I'm here, but I don't really see the need to hammer. Idk, but it doesn't seem like a scum ploy to me.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:04 pm

@spiesr: I made my case day 1.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

vote doom

This is the second game I have played with you where when the heat is on you fold up and quit.

I don't play defense. This is at let the second game when I have played with a group of players who don't want to make a case, and just want to sit around listing off roles.

"oh look, there was a kill... It could have been a poisoner, or a vig, or an SK, an arsonist, a PGO, an undeclared mod kill, a vig, a suicides, a lightning rod or a typo. It could also be mafia, and discussing serves no useful purpose."

The heat isn't on me. I did nothing wrong. I pointed out somebody saying "vote x because x is town" and I voted for him. If that's not a policy lynch, I don't know what is. I would kill you all if I could.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:24 pm

I am going to go from Doom's latest post with option 3, he's frustrated has gotten way too much attention, and I still don't buy keener's claim that he was bluffing him. By all means of how the flow went it was sure if thats what you want, hey i'll let you replace back in, when everyone knows that former mafia can't replace back in. vote Superkeener
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:51 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

vote doom

I don't play defense. This is at let the second game when I have played with a group of players who don't want to make a case, and just want to sit around listing off roles.

"oh look, there was a kill... It could have been a poisoner, or a vig, or an SK, an arsonist, a PGO, an undeclared mod kill, a vig, a suicides, a lightning rod or a typo. It could also be mafia, and discussing serves no useful purpose."

The heat isn't on me. I did nothing wrong. I pointed out somebody saying "vote x because x is town" and I voted for him. If that's not a policy lynch, I don't know what is. I would kill you all if I could.

frustration is part of the heat. I've played with you in enough games to recognize your short comings. You think because you believe something it makes you right. You also seem to think your the smartest cookie around at that others don't notice the dynamics of what is going on or that the power roles can fill in the dots down the road. Your not playing on an island by yourself.

You claim to to be logical while playing illogically. Your self vote proves that.

I have not voted you for a reason. Superkeener gave off several tells yesterday as have others. He has contributed nothing to the game, which of it self raises red flags for me. He has also been on my scum list of scum. Someone brought up the fact that he is a newbie and so is unused to playing online mafia. The hardest thing to do as a newbie is act Town when you are mafia. It is easier to lay low.

I highly suggest you unvote yourself.

vote Superkeener

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:54 pm

aage wrote:

DoomYoshi wrote:
superkeener wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Lynch me. I'll take shape's place. :)

you got it,

UNVOTE
VOTE NEB

that was the hammer

You said "you got it". Was that sarcasm?

Ok, here is aage/doom giving Keener an idea for a way out.

This is keener taking his get out of jail free card a few posts down with a single one liner. No explanation on why he though he was bluffing, nothing other than a simple one liner.... This is mainly why i don't believe him. If you thought he was bluffing then at least say why you thought so.

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Damn cool head getting in the way of my martyrdom :x

unvote
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:53 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Damn cool head getting in the way of my martyrdom :x

unvote

And that was the last option that i didn't mention. Jestering. :roll:

Postby freezie on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:08 pm

VOTE COUNT

L-2Doomyoshi(5): jonty, superkeener, safari, spiesr, pancake
Superkeener(2): Rishaed, Iron butterfly

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

4 days for deadline.
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:03 pm

I don't believe this. vote superkeener
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby spiesr on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Interesting that when DoomYoshi got to L-1 (well, one of the votes was his own , but that is still at least L-1.5 or so) he showed no willingness to give a claim or really make any further defense beyond basically saying that he doesn't defend himself. Apparently he is of the opinion that should he ever be close to being lynched he is either scum who was been caught, or a townie so pissed off that other players would dare suspect him that he is willing to screw them over out of spite.
So, what can we make of this? Did he not claim because he is scum and didn't have a fake claim he was confident in, was he upset at the possibility of losing and decided to give up, or did he just want to say f*ck you to the town by not providing the all potentially relevant info, or maybe is a claim worthless if everyone will flip unknown anyway?
Captain spiesr

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:08 pm

spiesr wrote:Interesting that when DoomYoshi got to L-1 (well, one of the votes was his own , but that is still at least L-1.5 or so) he showed no willingness to give a claim or really make any further defense beyond basically saying that he doesn't defend himself. Apparently he is of the opinion that should he ever be close to being lynched he is either scum who was been caught, or a townie so pissed off that other players would dare suspect him that he is willing to screw them over out of spite.
So, what can we make of this? Did he not claim because he is scum and didn't have a fake claim he was confident in, was he upset at the possibility of losing and decided to give up, or did he just want to say f*ck you to the town by not providing the all potentially relevant info, or maybe is a claim worthless if everyone will flip unknown anyway?

Good points all.

At this point he is not helping Town or even his own cause by his play.

His bad play at least out weighs what Superkeener has contributed.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:50 pm

vt. claim gives you no info.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives