Conquer Club

End Game: Town Wins! (Island Mafia)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Ending Island Day 1: False Paradise

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon May 20, 2013 7:07 am

zimmah wrote:
rishaed wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:And we went from interesting discussion to inane in one page. I was going to "contribute" but thought better of it.

Why don't you? Playing reserved is hardly your style of play. And I still want contribution. I just find it extremely odd that you would not have read the scene.

I agree, doom is almost trying to get himself lynched. Could he be a jester?

Why do people constantly ask this question? Has there ever been a Jester on this forum? It's like you're asking questions, just to ask a question so that you can later say, "I was asking questions to try and help town. I was really participating."

Worst. Question. Ever.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby zimmah on Mon May 20, 2013 8:42 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
zimmah wrote:
rishaed wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:And we went from interesting discussion to inane in one page. I was going to "contribute" but thought better of it.

Why don't you? Playing reserved is hardly your style of play. And I still want contribution. I just find it extremely odd that you would not have read the scene.

Why do people constantly ask this question? Has there ever been a Jester on this forum? It's like you're asking questions, just to ask a question so that you can later say, "I was asking questions to try and help town. I was really participating."

Worst. Question. Ever.

i'm saying this because at the start of the game he asked to be a jester, and it'd be amazing coincidence if he would be one. I don't believe he is one though, but you can never be sure.

also, he's not playing like he usually does, but it'd be wrong to just say he's scum because of that, because normally when you're scum you'd try to avoid acting scummy, which he clearly does not. However, this whole thing could be a case of WIFOM, because if he suspect we will ignore him if he acts strange enough, because he'll predict we will have our doubts about his motives, than acting extremely scummy could be a tactic to avoid getting lynched.

either way, i think doom should not be overlooked.

and besides, i am usually participating too much rather than not enough. so i don't really worry about asking questions just to ask questions.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby jonty125 on Mon May 20, 2013 9:36 am

Two killing factions, probably mafia and SK. Safely assume there is a GF, as mafia nearly always have one. Regarding, Doom not reading the opening scene, I see that as lazy rather than scummy.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Djfireside on Mon May 20, 2013 10:39 am

I would tend to agree its more just laziness and that would believe that they can learn from the game etc etc etc.

However since there is no traction being gathered and we will quickly run out of time since conversation seems to go all around I will push pressure to get moving in some way.

vote doom
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon May 20, 2013 11:12 am

zimmah wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
zimmah wrote:
rishaed wrote:

Worst. Question. Ever.

i'm saying this because at the start of the game he asked to be a jester, and it'd be amazing coincidence if he would be one. I don't believe he is one though, but you can never be sure.

also, he's not playing like he usually does, but it'd be wrong to just say he's scum because of that, because normally when you're scum you'd try to avoid acting scummy, which he clearly does not. However, this whole thing could be a case of WIFOM, because if he suspect we will ignore him if he acts strange enough, because he'll predict we will have our doubts about his motives, than acting extremely scummy could be a tactic to avoid getting lynched.

and besides, i am usually participating too much rather than not enough. so i don't really worry about asking questions just to ask questions.

Actually you can be sure. When was the last game where there was ever ever a jester EVER?

You say he not playing the way he usually does....when was the last time you played with him? If you read the game that was abandoned by freezie it is like a continuation.

nebs statement sums up my feelings as well.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby sheepofdumb on Mon May 20, 2013 11:36 am

Jesters as a role make for a great day 1. They get the game kicked off. However, it's a terrible role for whoever gets it because they only have one good day of play.

I think I've only seen one game with a jester and that would have been ages ago. Don't believe there is a jester.
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon May 20, 2013 1:09 pm

Pokemon Chap 1 (modded by me) had Magikarp as a Jester, played by Army of GOD.

aage wrote:The opening scene is as uninteresting as this discussion... The flavour tells us there are two killing factions, period. Quite obvious, isn't it?

This is what I was getting at. Apparently that means I am asking for a lynch.

Here is a challenge for everyone out there. Find a game more recent than Final Fantasy VII Mafia (modded by Rodion) in which I have NOT been accused of trying to act scummy. You can even check mafiascum, I get it all the time there too. Admittedly, it's kind of getting boring.

How about a Yoshi Roll Call (patent pending)?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby aage on Mon May 20, 2013 1:55 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Pokemon Chap 1 (modded by me) had Magikarp as a Jester, played by Army of GOD.

aage wrote:The opening scene is as uninteresting as this discussion... The flavour tells us there are two killing factions, period. Quite obvious, isn't it?

Here is a challenge for everyone out there. Find a game more recent than Final Fantasy VII Mafia (modded by Rodion) in which I have NOT been accused of trying to act scummy. You can even check mafiascum, I get it all the time there too. Admittedly, it's kind of getting boring.

I believe I got you lynched in Freezie's game for similar bullshitty reasons. Seeing as I was scum there, I think Zimmah might be too. Also on Neb's point. I was going to post the same thing but thought that obvious too. Love that there are always people to point out the obvious on day one, though. Keep it going.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon May 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Yea, I didn't see any other reason for the totally unfounded shit in that game... sigh.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby zimmah on Mon May 20, 2013 1:58 pm

aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Pokemon Chap 1 (modded by me) had Magikarp as a Jester, played by Army of GOD.

I believe I got you lynched in Freezie's game for similar bullshitty reasons. Seeing as I was scum there, I think Zimmah might be too. Also on Neb's point. I was going to post the same thing but thought that obvious too. Love that there are always people to point out the obvious on day one, though. Keep it going.

what a bullshit logic is that, i'm being critical, therefore i'm scum, isn't the point of the game to be critical?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon May 20, 2013 2:07 pm

No, in the last game aage totally fabricated a case based on nothing and it got me lynched.

He surmised that since you are totally fabricating a case based on nothing in this game, you are scum.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby zimmah on Mon May 20, 2013 3:05 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:No, in the last game aage totally fabricated a case based on nothing and it got me lynched.

He surmised that since you are totally fabricating a case based on nothing in this game, you are scum.

i'm not even fabricating a case, if anything, he is.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon May 20, 2013 3:13 pm

zimmah wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:No, in the last game aage totally fabricated a case based on nothing and it got me lynched.

So aage is scum?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby aage on Mon May 20, 2013 4:32 pm

zimmah wrote:

Okay. What exactly am I fabricating? Am I fabricating that you are fabricating? I never used the word fabricating in my initial post, though... Nor did I use the word critical. Your paraphrase is a bad one. I said your reasons were bad, not that they weren't critical.

Moreover, the point of the game is to win, not to be critical. Better (and lesser) people have won without being critical.

Anyways, it seems we have found the scum duo. I doubt there are 3 or even 4 scum in this game, far too many for a 13 player game with a SK in it. So obviously it must be Doom and me. Which of us should we lynch first, Zimmah?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Mon May 20, 2013 4:33 pm

aage wrote:Anyways, it seems we have found the scum duo. I doubt there are 3 or even 4 scum in this game, far too many for a 13 player game with a SK in it. So obviously it must be Doom and me. Which of us should we lynch first, Zimmah?

As an authorial note, that was sarcasm. Wouldn't want anyone to get confused, now would we?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby zimmah on Mon May 20, 2013 5:10 pm

well you two do seem to back each other up a lot, and you also seem to be on a quest to make me look bad.

it's not uncommon though, about every mafia game i have been in on this site i am being targeted day 1. no matter what i say or don't say.

it would be nice though if you guys would actually contribute to the discussion instead of playing it personal, otherwise you might as well either lynch, modkill or replace me right now. it's not fun to play when everything i say is being turned against me, even when i play like i always do.

wouldn't be the first time i have to ask for a replacement early in the game because people start getting too personal against me either.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon May 20, 2013 6:03 pm

zimmah wrote:well you two do seem to back each other up a lot, and you also seem to be on a quest to make me look bad.

it's not uncommon though, about every mafia game i have been in on this site i am being targeted day 1. no matter what i say or don't say.

it would be nice though if you guys would actually contribute to the discussion instead of playing it personal, otherwise you might as well either lynch, modkill or replace me right now. it's not fun to play when everything i say is being turned against me, even when i play like i always do.

wouldn't be the first time i have to ask for a replacement early in the game because people start getting too personal against me either.

I don't know if I see them going personally against you, but more along the lines of bringing up a past case of the same thing, in their eyes, happening. I think they are just trying to get you to see it in a different light.

(Could be wrong though)
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon May 20, 2013 6:24 pm

zimmah wrote:well you two do seem to back each other up a lot, and you also seem to be on a quest to make me look bad.

well that did not take long :roll:

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby new guy1 on Mon May 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Official Vote Count:

Doom: Aage, Rishaed, djfireside (L-4)
Chuck: Sheepofdumb (L-6)
IB: doom (L-6)

Out of game, but not out of mind:
Freezie: IB

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is in 5 days.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon May 20, 2013 7:00 pm

Zimmah, you don't ever seem to learn. It's your reaction like this that is typically a total scum tell. You get so offended and act like the world is against you, when there were only a few posts directed at you. Why does it seem scummy? Well, if you had nothing to hide, you roll with the pressure and not worry too much...especially since nobody even voted for you yet. But you go ahead and start accusing everyone of "being against you" and then take on the apethetic "woe is me" stance. And you do this quite often...which gets you killed and you get upset.

Try a different tactic if you don't want to be targeted.

For now, FOS Zimmah for his overreaction to a bunch of nothing.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby rishaed on Mon May 20, 2013 9:35 pm

I was about to say that.
So I'll answer your question on how many games i've played with doom.
Lessee.
HP Lovecraft
Best of 2012
Maybe 1/2 others.
Freezies doesn't really count as it wasn't completed.
I did sub into Arkham by LoVo (abandoned) and Panthenon.
However that is a side dish of Meta.
I don't use meta often, however I don't judge people based on play style. You can be scum and vocal, and you can be scum and quiet. Or you can be me and just use the same strategy on either scum/town, and make a read extremely hard. :roll: Now my point is that usually i get lynched the first round of the first game when ppl play with me in RL mafia b/c I become extremely quiet and don't say much at all, which is atypical behavior from my chatty self. People can change their strategy and playtype it doesn't hold much water in my book. I will notice it however and it might affect my Night Action decisions in a game.

Enough of that though. I think it went personal there for a sec, and heads just need to cool down and clear up for a bit. :mrgreen:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Mon May 20, 2013 9:47 pm

zimmah wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
zimmah wrote:
rishaed wrote:

Worst. Question. Ever.

I'm sorry, I thought someone had asked me for a side of META.
However I will make some points from Zimmahs post here.
A.Way to backpedal like someone hit you with a heavy fist? Generally uninformative, really just wish wash in general.
B.I believe I addressed this in my previous post. Simply put how a person chooses to Roleplay/play in general in a game of Mafia is irrelevant despite whatever META you might have on them.
C.No one should be overlooked. Its the one principle in Mafia that wins games.
D.Asking questions for questions sake is all well and good, however if they cloud the game (Betiko in Holiday Mafia sry bud) they benifit Mafia much more than town. A good town player will seek to ask the Right questions not the most.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby safariguy5 on Mon May 20, 2013 11:51 pm

rishaed wrote:
new guy1 wrote:
As a forewarning, this is a no vanilla game. The name of Island mafia is strictly for storymaking only. There is a hidden theme to the game that will be announced at the end for those who wish to know, though if you can figure it out in the game, it may make a large difference in how the game plays out.

So a few things to keep conversation going. I'm sure that we have an SK/PGO and a GF in this game from start up scene. That being said they are awful shots. They hit the only two Vt's in the game. more to come in observations later tonight

I'd like to point out this post. This is the first post where any mention of a PGO is brought up. I think it's odd to bring up a PGO because a PGO does not fit into the flavor of the initial scene. PGO's are generally town aligned, and it would be terribly WIFOM for the mod to put a misleading beginning scene like that. I think this could be rishaed trying to set up or hint at a PGO so he can fakeclaim it later.

unvote vote rishaed
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon May 20, 2013 11:58 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
rishaed wrote:
new guy1 wrote:
As a forewarning, this is a no vanilla game. The name of Island mafia is strictly for storymaking only. There is a hidden theme to the game that will be announced at the end for those who wish to know, though if you can figure it out in the game, it may make a large difference in how the game plays out.

So a few things to keep conversation going. I'm sure that we have an SK/PGO and a GF in this game from start up scene. That being said they are awful shots. They hit the only two Vt's in the game. more to come in observations later tonight

I'd like to point out this post. This is the first post where any mention of a PGO is brought up. I think it's odd to bring up a PGO because a PGO does not fit into the flavor of the initial scene. PGO's are generally town aligned, and it would be terribly WIFOM for the mod to put a misleading beginning scene like that. I think this could be rishaed trying to set up or hint at a PGO so he can fakeclaim it later.

unvote vote rishaed

Why assume fakeclaim as opposed to softclaim? Other than that, there is merit here.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Tue May 21, 2013 12:41 am

rishaed wrote:
rishaed wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

Gonna quote to keep it together. The reason I think we may have a PGO is that she visited the "food Source" And he killed her to prevent her from telling others about his farm. The hidden twist I think can be either good/bad he says it will affect how the game plays out, if it affects how the mafia play and benifits them it would be bad. However If we as town could figure the twist out w/out letting Scum know, then we might be able to use it to our advantage. Obvious right? The question becomes how to figure the hidden theme out. I am assuming that there will be a common thread in all of the scenes, but ever so slight as not to give it away. Any other thoughts on what I've said so far?

FoS Saf for not reading the very next line. Which I quoted to keep together. In which I explicitly state why I think it might be a PGO/SK. And PGO's are not always town, they may be 3rd party. As in when NoS won Crazy's Mafia because everyone visited him.

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives