Conquer Club

CYOC II Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC II [15/17] D2: Getting the Axe

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:22 am

spiesr wrote:I'll operate under the assumption that TheForgivenOne is telling the truth and that his investigation is accurate for the time being. Therefor: Unvote Vote DoomYoshi, he is the scummiest person with votes on them right now after Neb.

With votes? Is there someone particularly scummy you are looking at without votes or am i reading too much into this?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Djfireside on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:20 pm

I think they are going on the bandwagon principle of take the next closest case that has any sort of movement and go with it since the attention is already there.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby Gilligan on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:57 pm

strike wolf wrote:
spiesr wrote:I'll operate under the assumption that TheForgivenOne is telling the truth and that his investigation is accurate for the time being. Therefor: Unvote Vote DoomYoshi, he is the scummiest person with votes on them right now after Neb.

With votes? Is there someone particularly scummy you are looking at without votes or am i reading too much into this?

No I agree with you....bandwagon
Captain Gilligan

Postby spiesr on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:44 pm

strike wolf wrote:With votes? Is there someone particularly scummy you are looking at without votes or am i reading too much into this?
Not at present.
Captain spiesr

Postby / on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:41 am

Unvote
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:20 am

So if I am scum, why would I directly antagonize your pointless Neb wagon? Why would I lead the charge on jonty? I am batting 100, and town is helpless without me.

You can all beg for forgiveness now by voting blakebowling.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:22 am

I should note that it was more of a roleplay post.

If you disagree with the line "town is useless without me" then that is because town doesn't need any one role in particular, moreso in a NV. Even if blake is a super-role, we don't need him.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:46 am

DoomYoshi wrote:So if I am scum, why would I directly antagonize your pointless Neb wagon? Why would I lead the charge on jonty? I am batting 100, and town is helpless without me.

Okay, god. You started the jonty wagon, then jumped off just like I did. If what I did was scummy, then why are you less scummy?
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby aage on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:25 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:So if I am scum, why would I directly antagonize your pointless Neb wagon? Why would I lead the charge on jonty? I am batting 100, and town is helpless without me.

Okay, god. You started the jonty wagon, then jumped off just like I did. If what I did was scummy, then why are you less scummy?

Now he'll probably say that you're not scummy because he is "antagonizing your wagon", but your point is correct and we all know who Doom wanted to lynch yesterday.

If blake is a super role, he can use it since he posted. Or are you saying Blake is a useless player and will screw it up anyway? I doubt it.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:44 am

StubbsKVM wrote:I don't see any reason to doubt TFO's claim. I wasn't putting Neb anywhere near my scum pool yet, so I'm glad the town investigation cleared him.

The GF option is still there of course, but I'm not going to give it much attention for now.

That leaves us with very few options for now. If blake doesn't post anything soon, I'm voting for him.

Vote Blake
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:19 am

Voting blake remains retarded. Replace or vig. Those are the best options that we have for an inactive. I like how the ones voting blake continue to do so without addressing why vigging is a bad option.

Id also like to wonder if you know how unlikely that blake is to be mafia. First of all, it is stafistically against themand secondly, good mafia are fairly proactive about inactive members within the group.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:53 am

Finally back! Will try to reread back a ways to get caught up throughout the day.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:43 am

Vote Count

Blake - 3 (Doom, Neb, Newguy, Stubbs)
Neb - 4 (Saf, DJ)
Doom - 2 (Aage, SW, spiesr)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline will be July 6 at 23:59 ET.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:46 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:

When did I unvote?

strike wolf wrote:Voting blake remains retarded. Replace or vig. Those are the best options that we have for an inactive. I like how the ones voting blake continue to do so without addressing why vigging is a bad option.

Id also like to wonder if you know how unlikely that blake is to be mafia. First of all, it is stafistically against themand secondly, good mafia are fairly proactive about inactive members within the group.

The alternative is no lynch. It is blake lynch for no lynch. By saying you want a vig shot, you are saying you don't want town to lynch people. Scummy.

----------------------------------

@ spiesr: you asked why i can afford to be lazy and let other people deal with neb? TFO's response is the answer. I know that when someone plays like that, they are getting an investigation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
@aage: why would I say he isn't scummy? He is, and I won't deny it. Now he is lying about what I did yesterday. Vig Neb is a better option at this point.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:37 am

You know...I'm not even going to get into what was blatantly wrong with Doom's last post. I'm just gonna let it speak for itself and continue voting him.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Ill get off of blake, so unvote. I dont know why I have had my vote there, I guess I just didnt feel the need to vote doom or neb. The vigging or replace both sound like good options, so I dont know why I would vote him.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:45 pm

don't see how putting a little pressure on blake is wrong. After all, he said he would start posting.

I have no idea if there even is a vig, not sure why you do, strike wolf.

Losing the dead weight is a pretty decent option, considering we have not lost any town members yet.

I don't see the need to waste an investigation on someone who just isn't going to add anything.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:01 pm

No ones talking about investigating Blake. The only discussion of investigations are TFO's on Neb and investigating TFO to which I made an argument to why I pointed that out as being paranoid.

There are 4 roles that are exceptionally common in mafia. The two most common are docs and cops, followed by roleblocker and vig. No role is guaranteed but the chances are fairly good that there is a vig. If there isnt than weve spent today scum hunting and looking for new leads and can reconsider lynching the inactive tomorrow.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Vote doom. No explanation needed.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:34 pm

strike wolf wrote:No ones talking about investigating Blake. The only discussion of investigations are TFO's on Neb and investigating TFO to which I made an argument to why I pointed that out as being paranoid.

There are 4 roles that are exceptionally common in mafia. The two most common are docs and cops, followed by roleblocker and vig. No role is guaranteed but the chances are fairly good that there is a vig. If there isnt than weve spent today scum hunting and looking for new leads and can reconsider lynching the inactive tomorrow.

You're right. I was sure I read someone suggesting an investigation somewhere, but i read back to night 1 and couldn't find it.

I did stumble upon this post:

edocsil wrote:Bah. Doom is right on all regards. Inactives kill the game, make it not fun due to the inability to deal with them weighing down votes, and are a general pain in the ass. The only reason this has been an issue to point it out was because it delayed our short day. We really need to resolve this fast, else this coming lynch is going to be decided by just a few votes because we in fact do not need a majority to lynch.

I would HIGHLY recommend forcing one of them (neb/doom/other scummies) to claim quickly, analyze the information and make a plan from there regarding a lynch, but we don't want to hang people who haven't claimed for several reasons.

We can't waste time here, so if you haven't weighed in on these issues or voted, please do so shortly or your voices will be ignored.

this kind of slapped me in the face. I've been stalling on this game, when obviously we're going to need some information.
On the way back I've read Neb was planning on claiming anyway so

unvote
vote Neb

I actually agree with Doom, so voting him would be kind of hypocritical.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby Djfireside on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:39 pm

I got Stalled out on Neb when TFO came on and stated that they investigated them and came back town and since then that case has grown stale just like everything else. Im more than willing to push someone but there appears to be nothing surfacing which is a product of a good day/night cycle which I cant complain about.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Re: Choose Your Own Character Mafia II [17/17] D1!

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:50 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Can I just say that I really enjoyed /'s post? I read it in a Drew Carey "Who's line is it anyways" voice in my head.

Funny, / dropped hints of jonty's role and saf was in a "Whose Line" mood even though it ended up being TFO.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Choose Your Own Character Mafia II [17/17] D1!

Postby Gilligan on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:51 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Can I just say that I really enjoyed /'s post? I read it in a Drew Carey "Who's line is it anyways" voice in my head.

Funny, / dropped hints of jonty's role and saf was in a "Whose Line" mood even though it ended up being TFO.

Aren't we all in a Whose Line mood? After all, whose forum is it anyway?!
Captain Gilligan

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Also, I just ISO'ed everyone. With only 3 wagons all game we have pretty much nothing to go off of.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Gilligan on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:02 pm

ISO?
Captain Gilligan

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives