Conquer Club

CYOC II Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC II [12/17] D3: The Doctor and the Orc

Postby spiesr on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:43 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Yah, I must be rolefishing with my vague question, and obscure hint at waiting to see if night actions reveal anything. I mean, look at all the roles I outted with my clever and deceptive trick to get everyone out in the open! It's a good thing that nobody else ever does this blatantly scummy trick or we might have to attack them as well...oh, wait...
This doesn't seem to be vague or obscure in anyway.
Nebuchadnezer wrote:So, who vigged Blake? I can't say I'm torn up about it as he wasn't contributing anyway.
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:10 pm

spiesr wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Yah, I must be rolefishing with my vague question, and obscure hint at waiting to see if night actions reveal anything. I mean, look at all the roles I outted with my clever and deceptive trick to get everyone out in the open! It's a good thing that nobody else ever does this blatantly scummy trick or we might have to attack them as well...oh, wait...
This doesn't seem to be vague or obscure in anyway.
Nebuchadnezer wrote:So, who vigged Blake? I can't say I'm torn up about it as he wasn't contributing anyway.

I agree, it doesnt seem vague. I know it may be a sarcastic statement, but I get lynched when I make comments like "anyone wanna fess up to the murder?" and thats semi-rolefishing thats searching for mafia, not town :roll: Im going to give a little while longer for someone to post night actions, but if it doesnt happen then Im voting neb for lack of a better case and his rolefishing. The last sentence is just so you all know what Im thinking.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:15 pm

new guy1 wrote:Im going to give a little while longer for someone to post night actions, but if it doesnt happen then Im voting neb for lack of a better case and his rolefishing. The last sentence is just so you all know what Im thinking.
Wait, so you are asking for people to reveal night actions in the same breath as you declare your willingness to lynch Neb for rolefishing?
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:23 pm

spiesr wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Im going to give a little while longer for someone to post night actions, but if it doesnt happen then Im voting neb for lack of a better case and his rolefishing. The last sentence is just so you all know what Im thinking.
Wait, so you are asking for people to reveal night actions in the same breath as you declare your willingness to lynch Neb for rolefishing?

Do you have a better idea? Besides following this up with a "yeah, you", what else would you suggest? Lets play day 1 infinity, because we dont want to use people's night actions.

I did not ask people to come out and say their roles and I did not ask people to give their night actions when they did not find anything with them. Im just suggesting that without night actions, we do not have another case unless someone goes and digs something up. Are you looking for an easy case, spies? You should know that night actions are a part of this game, and that with some night actions (ie cop, etc) we can find scum, and when people find scum, they should say something when town is stuck in a rut, right?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Djfireside on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:01 am

TFO I left my vote on Neb because I still think there is something with him and didnt believe in any other movement such as against Doom so I didnt move off him and with the current part I am still thinking the same way that there is just something up with Neb

aage wrote: ...... <REMOVED FOR SIZE>
Received and used godpowers again, btw.

What did you get this time?
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:33 am

Djfireside wrote:TFO I left my vote on Neb because I still think there is something with him and didnt believe in any other movement such as against Doom so I didnt move off him and with the current part I am still thinking the same way that there is just something up with Neb

Alright, thanks for clarifying. Maybe the best course of action for Neb is to claim, as it seems almost everyone is doubting him.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Why would my claim help? Alignments are random. The only thing I have going for me is that an innocent result came back on my investigation. When I claim, everyone will say, "sounds scummy, lets lynch him." If you are going to disregard the investigation, why would you pay any attention to my claim?

But, whatever, either kill me or move on...I am pancakemix, town procrastinator. I delay my targets action by one night. n1 edoc. N2 aage.

Lynch away!
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby spiesr on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:15 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:But, whatever, either kill me or move on...I am pancakemix, town procrastinator. I delay my targets action by one night. n1 edoc. N2 aage.
Hmm, action's potentially verifiable, for whatever that's worth.
new guy1 wrote:I did not ask people to come out and say their roles and I did not ask people to give their night actions when they did not find anything with them. I'm just suggesting that without night actions, we do not have another case unless someone goes and digs something up. Are you looking for an easy case, spies? You should know that night actions are a part of this game, and that with some night actions (ie cop, etc) we can find scum, and when people find scum, they should say something when town is stuck in a rut, right?
I'm not looking for an easy case, I am looking for a correct case.
Captain spiesr

Postby edocsil on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:30 pm

I did not act N1, I can't verify. Why did you target me. Just looking for logic, not accusing. Also, for Aage, he seems like a more unusual target.

Invs aren't 100%. You could be immune, the inv could be misdirected, and actions speak VERY loudly. If you were say a doc/guard, and had protected critical town members, or a jailkeeper/roleblocker going after scummy players that would say mare to me than an inv. Why people act is one of the most important concepts when establishing alignment and motive.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby aage on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:02 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
aage wrote:

I have nothing to contribute from the night. Let's see if there are any big findings to come up.

Not rolefishing at all...

I'd actually like a claim from Neb just so I know why I shouldn't be voting him. His framing speech on yesterday's vote and now this... Yes, in any other case this would be highly suspicious.

Yah, I must be rolefishing with my vague question, and obscure hint at waiting to see if night actions reveal anything. I mean, look at all the roles I outted with my clever and deceptive trick to get everyone out in the open! It's a good thing that nobody else ever does this blatantly scummy trick or we might have to attack them as well...oh, wait...
aage wrote:I'd actually like a claim from Neb
=D> =D> =D> =D>
Yet somehow, he will justify his rolefishing as "scum hunting."

So OMGUS is the best you can come up with? I suppose it's fitting. Still, I hope you understand the difference between rolefishing and being accused. You backed scum day 1 for quite some time and have been acting suspicious ever since, and I'm sorry but I don't trust cop actions in a game with so many power roles.
Anyway, you claimed and I see no reason not to believe your claim. I can't verify whether my action was delayed because I don't receive feedback on it, but we'll see what happens tonight, if anything. Good thing the mafia roleblocker is dead. I would have made an exceptionally high-priority target with three night actions going out. (Probably the same for trackers, so I guess this is a good way to check if my action hurts anyone.)
Djfireside wrote:
aage wrote: ...... <REMOVED FOR SIZE>

What did you get this time?
The same as last time. I receive some pm from the mod saying I have been granted the power of the gods and can perform my action twice. However, apparently, both actions will not be performed until tonight.

Still don't have a replacement for my broken computer, so I will occasionally post on my phone/my friends' laptops.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby new guy1 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:22 pm

@neb- I do not find your claim scummy, and it is highly believable with pancake's recently spotty activity, however I do not know why you would target the veteran players with your NA. It just seems odd to me.

@spies- I am unable to respond, but I wanted you to know I saw your response.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:19 am

new guy1 wrote:@neb- I do not find your claim scummy, and it is highly believable with pancake's recently spotty activity, however I do not know why you would target the veteran players with your NA. It just seems odd to me.

Haven't we been over this? The alignments are random. The fact that a player is a veteran has no bearing on whether they are scum or not. So please explain why I shouldn't target them? In fact, I would argue that I should target them, as being veterans they are probably better at hiding the fact that they are mafia. They would know how to keep any attention off of themselves while directing it at a player who is not so skilled (me).

I targeted edoc on N1, because I thought he might be a vig, and therefore I would be his target N1. Self preservation.
Aage was my target N2 for no other reason than he was all over me D1...so a bit of residual effect with my choice here.

My targeting tells me that edoc did not perform a kill action N1, and that aage did not perform a kill action N2. It doesn't rule out the fact they could be mafia...but it does lessen their chances.

Postby pancakemix on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:17 am

Vote Count

Newguy - (SW)

7 to lynch. Deadline is 23:59 ET on July 22nd.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby edocsil on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:47 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
new guy1 wrote:@neb- I do not find your claim scummy, and it is highly believable with pancake's recently spotty activity, however I do not know why you would target the veteran players with your NA. It just seems odd to me.

Haven't we been over this? The alignments are random. The fact that a player is a veteran has no bearing on whether they are scum or not. So please explain why I shouldn't target them? In fact, I would argue that I should target them, as being veterans they are probably better at hiding the fact that they are mafia. They would know how to keep any attention off of themselves while directing it at a player who is not so skilled (me).

I targeted edoc on N1, because I thought he might be a vig, and therefore I would be his target N1. Self preservation.
Aage was my target N2 for no other reason than he was all over me D1...so a bit of residual effect with my choice here.

My targeting tells me that edoc did not perform a kill action N1, and that aage did not perform a kill action N2. It doesn't rule out the fact they could be mafia...but it does lessen their chances.

If I hypothetically had killed N1 then the N2 second kill would have been mine guaranteed. You also have no idea what aage did N2, his shit hasn't happened yet. You really shouldn't be fucking with a vet just because they are a vet. Also, town is a team role, no a self serving role. All you are doing is hindering the town, and keeping your ass alive rather than helping the town. Ergo you hang.

Vote neb
Edoc'sil

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Your logic on edoc considering a vig kill on you is a bit off.
I agree on the fact that he was on you on day 1(and so was aage).
But just killing without any questioning or claiming sounds a bit unrealistic, especially from the "veterans".

Aage said he got "god powers" on night 1, so I'm also not sure why you wanted to delay his actions.

However, TFO's cop result on Neb still holds me from voting him.

Edoc, are you voting him because he is antitown or because you think he's scum?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:

So you basically thought you'd delay your death for 1 more night?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:41 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:

So you basically thought you'd delay your death for 1 more night?

And what made you think he was a Vig? I don't remember reading anything that made me think he was one.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Listen, you asked for my reason on targets. I gave it to you. It's easy to criticize when you're not in my shoes. It's what I said in the first place...my claim won't help me. I have a power and I used it. It's what keeps the game interesting.
I do agree with edoc on one point. Me being alive isn't helping town. Not because of my night actions, but because I will continually be the target of a lynch. So why don't the rest of you just sheep edoc and do what needs to be done. Good game. Good luck town.

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:17 pm

I don't understand the logic of targeting aage. Unless you believe he's actually mafia, delaying his actions doesn't help. Especially if he indeed is getting double actions, I can only assume that they aren't hurting town in any way. Either way, I think he's lower on the possible scum list and him being a veteran is outweighed by his possible utility.

unvote vote neb
Captain safariguy5

Postby edocsil on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:19 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Listen, you asked for my reason on targets. I gave it to you. It's easy to criticize when you're not in my shoes. It's what I said in the first place...my claim won't help me. I have a power and I used it. It's what keeps the game interesting.
I do agree with edoc on one point. Me being alive isn't helping town. Not because of my night actions, but because I will continually be the target of a lynch. So why don't the rest of you just sheep edoc and do what needs to be done. Good game. Good luck town.

You realize this sort of thing is why your going to get hanged right? You don't think before you post or act. you need to rationalize ever action with the thought "How does this help the town." if you don't the action is wasted and will likely get you killed. You could have even claimed you blocked me (aage is harder to rationalize, that was just a bad action) because you thought I was a killer. You don't always need to tell the unvarnished truth if the truth doesn't help the town, HOW you say something is as important as what you say. Instead you have continued to act like scum by not assisting the town with you actions, putting little thought into many of your arguments, and generally thinking of yourself over the needs of the town. This is indicative of either terrible play or non town alignment. And don't rage about sheeping when it's your own grave you dug. If you think I am a fool or mistaken about the truth of my words take another think. I think there decent odds that I am wrong, I think there is at least a 50/50 chance you are town, but your self serving play cannot be tolerated if town, and perhaps we won't have to put up with it next game. And in you are in fact scum, just fricking lie about your actions next time if they aren't town aligned.
Edoc'sil

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:46 am

edocsil wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Listen, you asked for my reason on targets. I gave it to you. It's easy to criticize when you're not in my shoes. It's what I said in the first place...my claim won't help me. I have a power and I used it. It's what keeps the game interesting.

You realize this sort of thing is why your going to get hanged right? You don't think before you post or act. you need to rationalize ever action with the thought "How does this help the town." if you don't the action is wasted and will likely get you killed. You could have even claimed you blocked me (aage is harder to rationalize, that was just a bad action) because you thought I was a killer. You don't always need to tell the unvarnished truth if the truth doesn't help the town, HOW you say something is as important as what you say. Instead you have continued to act like scum by not assisting the town with you actions, putting little thought into many of your arguments, and generally thinking of yourself over the needs of the town. This is indicative of either terrible play or non town alignment. And don't rage about sheeping when it's your own grave you dug. If you think I am a fool or mistaken about the truth of my words take another think. I think there decent odds that I am wrong, I think there is at least a 50/50 chance you are town, but your self serving play cannot be tolerated if town, and perhaps we won't have to put up with it next game. And in you are in fact scum, just fricking lie about your actions next time if they aren't town aligned.

I agree with you 100%...except that I am not "raging" about sheeping. I realize my mistakes, and honestly, I didn't put a lot of thought into my night 2 action. However, when I am town, I'm not going to lie about anything. That's the beauty of being town...I don't have to lie. Like I said, I've created too big a target on me that, if I'm not killed, will serve as too big of a distraction for the rest of the game. So, yes, I'm guilty of terrible play, I don't think you are a fool, you are wrong about me being scum, you shouldn't have to tolerate my play, and I can't guarantee I won't play stupid in a future game. ;)

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:08 am

vote Neb

I guess you're right. There's too much going against you to ever be considered town. I suppose we have to overlook the cop result on this one.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby Djfireside on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:35 pm

I have been thinking he is off for a while and based on his actions I am tending to believe that maybe I had the right idea but for some reason his actions just dont add up and there is just too much out there and I will stick with my thought. Vote Neb
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby Gilligan on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:44 pm

I will be away starting tomorrow till the 29th, but I will be able to check in periodically.
Captain Gilligan

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Sorry, last couple weeks have been busy. I can agree to a Neb lynch but whats the vote count? I have to think we are getting close.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives