Conquer Club

CYOC II Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC II [8/17] D4: Worst. Joke. Ever.

Postby edocsil on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:12 am

spiesr wrote:
aage wrote:
spiesr wrote:
aage wrote:More to the point, Newguy has been sending me power doubles over the past three rounds. I think we can assume from this that I am not part of the mafia since I would simply send in two kills, which hasn't happened.
Except that doing so has a strong chance of revealing you as scum unless the double is one of your kills.
If I were mafia I would be able to send in 4 kills in one night. Surely that is worth the risk.
How do you get 4? The most I can see is 3.

Doubled staple gets 3, can't be 4 unless you count the delayed night.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:23 am

edocsil wrote:
spiesr wrote:
edocsil wrote:Also, how the f*ck do you kill a commuter?
The commuter makes the wrong choice of when to commute?
aage wrote:More to the point, Newguy has been sending me power doubles over the past three rounds. I think we can assume from this that I am not part of the mafia since I would simply send in two kills, which hasn't happened.
Except that doing so has a strong chance of revealing you as scum unless the double is one of your kills.
edocsil wrote:I am indeed Ingo, town vig. I have two kinds of kills, one regular kill one unblockable, but "highprofile" I am mentioned in the scene the first time, and then I am mod confirmed as Ingo the second. I killed NG as a high profile, so that if forced to claim no one would be able to dispute who I was, only my alignment. I had not killed prior to this.
So you didn't kill Blake? What do you mean when you say you were mentioned in the scene twice?
edocsil wrote:Also Aage, wouldn't spiesr be the ???.
Yes, you guys burned off my extra life. :(
edocsil wrote:Also aage, is there any way you ability can help the town, besides stapling scum and town together to kill them both when the townie is killed by scum, and do you HAVE to staple people?
If he can were to announce who he was going to staple then the Doc could get a double protection. The scum would just target somebody else, but we could use to to ensure our two most important roles survive a night.

Strike that, blake was me too. I refrained from killing only N1 and I forgot I killed him for not playing.

Want to claim your role/alignment? Because right now you showed up as a non town color. This could be because of the nature of your role, but your character is inherently evil and I am not sure I buy the random alignment thing anymore.

I am also learn of directing docs/staples

Players
1. Edocsil - Vig - Inigo
2. TFO - JOAT - Colin Mochrie THIS ISN'T CONFIRMED
3. Strike
4. Aage - Stapler - Stapler
5. Spiesr - One shot BP - Mandarin
6. /
7. Rishaed
8. Safariguy

What else do we know, we don't have other info on alignments more than gut/logic do we?

I could technically semi-confirm, as a Town Improvisor, if I don't use a power during the night, I could use one during the day. And I could Pew-Pew one of you right now. But I'd rather not.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:36 am

Hmm...since it seems that half or more of us are claimed now and mafia probably knows who I am anyways. I think it's probably time for me to make my partial claim as well. I am Haymitch Abernathy as seen killing Draven N1. I had a one shot reflection ability as seen on N1 that activated automatically when someone tried to kill me as you all have probably already figured out. Beyond that further detail on my role I feel would be excessive. I am claiming now because I think at this point in the game, it would be better for town to know which character I am and hopefully give any investigators out there a smaller pool of suspect to have to follow. To be honest, I probably would have claimed my role earlier but I was kind of hoping that at some point one of the mafia would try to make a case to lynch me (as I was risky night target) but 3 days later, the chances of that happening seem slim.

I'm leaning towards both Aage and Edoc being town right now (Edoc killing Blake and New Guy as a vig made sense to me as he had more or less agreed with me on them and was the reason I had assumed that he was the vig. Aage's reason that he would be the only one who would pick a Princess Bride character was INCONCEIVABLE!). I am neutral on Spiesr's role, a one shot BP seems like it could fit in and balance on either side at this point and I don't really feel strongly compelled to say he is scum or town based on his role alone.

So:

1. Strike Wolf-Haymitch Abernathy. As I said OBV town.
2. Edocsil-Inigo Montoya-Claimed Town Vig. Likely town.
3. Aage-Steve The Stapler-Town Stapler. Leaning town.
4. Spiesr-The Mandarin-1-Shot BP (Other abilities?). Neutral.
5. TFO-Collin-Improvisor. Likely Town
6. Safariguy-Unknown
7. Rishaed-Unknown
8. /-unknown leaning town.

I can see the logic in having Aage staple two people together for doc protection but it also tells mafia where the doc is going and who will not be protected. We could have TFO use his doc ability to do it freeing up the main doc (if there is one) to do what he wants but then if mafia has a bus driver they could interfere with the protection. So it's a noble idea but there seems to be a high potential for back fire and I am not sure it isn't safest to just advise Aage to not use his ability tonight as the risk is obviously high. I request the same of Edoc unless we have someone who is pretty much guaranteed scum. (I don't disagree with your choice of New guy and if I had been vig, I would have probably shot him myself but after losing four town last night, I am not sure this is a good night to go shooting again.)
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby spiesr on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:17 pm

edocsil wrote:Want to claim your role/alignment? Because right now you showed up as a non town color. This could be because of the nature of your role, but your character is inherently evil and I am not sure I buy the random alignment thing anymore.
Trevor Slattery (Iron Man 3) Town Actor. When killed or lynched the first time The Mandarin character dies in my place.
I assume that the color of The Mandarin is to avoid my alignment being proven when my power activates.
Captain spiesr

Postby aage on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:37 pm

spiesr wrote:
aage wrote:
spiesr wrote:
If I were mafia I would be able to send in 4 kills in one night. Surely that is worth the risk.
How do you get 4? The most I can see is 3.

Staple players A and B, kill A/B. Staple players B and C, kill C/D. That is, if both my action and the night kill were doubled. Otherwise it's three.

At this moment I know that I am town and we collectively know Strike cannot be mafia. Edocsil is believable (and a mafia vig would be ridiculous). Spiesr claims The Mandarin which is a shady character. TFO is a joat but I'm not completely convinced he is town yet. Saf, Rish and / aren't posting too much and right now I don't have the time to check back all their posts, will do tomorrow.

With 17 players I'm not ruling out the possibility of a serial killer either... Edocsil might still be an SK with the "high profile" thing as an additional difficulty level, but we'll see. Spiesr seems to be a safer bet, unless the three unknown roles are more interesting.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:49 pm

aage wrote: Spiesr claims The Mandarin which is a shady character..

Err, Nope? He claimed Trevor Slattery. If someone to kill or lynch him, "The Mandarin" dies in his place.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:53 pm

There is no Rishaed, there's me.

Can you tell me why Edoc is so obviously town now? Because I seem to have missed that.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby edocsil on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:08 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:There is no Rishaed, there's me.

Can you tell me why Edoc is so obviously town now? Because I seem to have missed that.

I haven't played like a SK, and I have no compulsion to kill. ie, vig.

Strike, I'll hold fire tonight then, barring changes.
Edoc'sil

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Sorry. I was going by the player list on the first page.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:44 pm

aage wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Well damn. There goes a lot of people plus my top scum candidate. Well there are likely 2 mafia left from a 17 player game. So was the Mandarin a decoy and he didn't really die?

The stapler could be anti-town...it could also be a very bad Colin sketch *Looks at TFO*

Wasn't me, I still have 2 of my abilities left, one of which is Doc (I didn't want to waste it since I don't have a clear to use it on), and I still have a Vig (I can actually use this at any point since I didn't use an action last night).

If the Stapler is a role... Who the hell would pick it :? Next time i'm picking a pencil just to see what the mod comes up with.

This is exactly why I chose stapler, I wanted to see if the mod could think up anything that even made sense.

Apparently he could and I link people together for one night every night. My theory was that I should link the ones most likely to get protected or investigated, and least likely to get killed, so as to avoid what just happened. HOWEVER during night 2 I stapled DJ and Newguy to Neb which was then delayed, and since he was lynched I assumed the chain was broken. Apparently not. So basically you have Neb and Newguy to thank for the fact that we have a massacre now.

edocsil wrote:lets assume the goddamn stapler is antitown?

Nope. However, you did kill the three townies tonight since I can think of nobody else who would send in a role from Princess Bride. I'm surprised you didn't pick Vizinni, but I suppose Inigo is pretty cool as well. Why did you target any of these three? At least, I assume you will claim town vig now, there isn't much chance of talking yourself out of this scene.

More to the point, Newguy has been sending me power doubles over the past three rounds. I think we can assume from this that I am not part of the mafia since I would simply send in two kills, which hasn't happened. Even more to the point, if I were mafia, my targets would simply both die every night because the mafia would target them both. Since this hasn't happened either, and this would be a highly overpowered mafia role, and I think Edoc'sil is the one who killed those three people, it seems more likely that Edoc is scum than me.

show

From this information we can conclude that DJFireside had the Manderin decoy, do with it whatever you will, I will be voting for last night's mass murderer if I don't like the response.

Ok, I will claim now since I believe we have some good information from me claiming.

I am Shikamaru Nara from Naruto and I'm the town cop.

Night 1 I investigated blake.

Night 2 I investigated Gilligan.

Night 3 I investigated Strike Wolf.

All three were innocent.

HOWEVER...

aage claims that he stapled blake and /. This means I should have gotten an investigation on /.

But, I got an investigation on sheep who was innocent.

This means that aage lied about his Night 1 action. Also, it means that / is probably scum.

LAL, vote aage
Captain safariguy5

Postby aage on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:48 pm

---- Pancake I broke the forum, don't kill me for it plz ----
Last edited by aage on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:48 pm

K, weird coding.

Block or bullshit. vote saf in advance.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby edocsil on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:40 pm

First off, wtf on the coding. I think this is a place where an edit is acceptable, you seem to have broken the forum somehow. Aage, there is no chance that you misremember your action?

Also, Saf, what was the style of your investigations on the stapled

"Player1 is Alignment"
AND
"player2 is Alignment "

or just "Innocent"

Also, one busdrive and this is all up in the air and we are chasing after our own tails. In my opinion Aage is a massive liability, and if I vig anyone at all I could easily throw the game (4 dead between scum and me and a lynch) leaving 2 scum 2 town alive tomorrow. Yeah, I know there are some assumptions here, but 4 scum start (or 5, which would be even worse) and me doing a double kill (or not, 2 scum and 3 town is almost as bad) Throw a busdriver in here and we have no fucking idea where things are at tomorrow and we could easily lose with one misplaced vote.

I see a few ways to navigate this, but they kinda all suck. The way its set up right now I think its likely that its going to be aage or saf hung, but at this point I think a full mass claim is in order (are we only missing 2 now?)

What I THINK is the best course of action is to hang aage but i have a few other ideas too. This is due to the massive danger and misdirection that is possible with him. I would then be able to vig our next best target for scum without the risk of ending the game. The next day would be 5 alive and at worst 3 town 2 scum. Either saf or I would be dead and if the doc (!assumption!) protects one of us even if there is a busdriver it is unlikely that both of us will end up dead. Either Saf could narrow options with an investigation, or I would have another chance to shoot.

In my books, I, saf, and Strike are pretty much all confirmed as town. Going on a limb here with Saf, but it was too early for him to fake cop at the moment and there was no reason for him to confirm strike, who I 100% trust, unless there are 3 scum left and IMO we are fucked if there are. I also believe there was to be a cop in the game. So far the game has seemed far more typical in roles than the last CYOC. Scum have been traditional scum roles and town have been traditional town roles.

Scum list is Spiesr and / in my books, with the possibility of aage thrown in. I don't trust TFOs claim and I don't have any feel on Rishaed at all.

Anyhow, claims and arguments may change my opinions, so let's hash this out. Now the fun part or the game begins.
Edoc'sil

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:01 pm

I feel it is a bit of a coincidence that two of the people saf cleared are dead now (three including Sheep) and I am the third when I have just claimed the most proven living town role. Saf what was your reasoning for investigating these three?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:36 pm

strike wolf wrote:I feel it is a bit of a coincidence that two of the people saf cleared are dead now (three including Sheep) and I am the third when I have just claimed the most proven living town role. Saf what was your reasoning for investigating these three?

9 are dead out of 17, tbh 2 dead is the most probable.
Edoc'sil

Postby spiesr on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:29 pm

safariguy5 wrote:aage claims that he stapled blake and /. This means I should have gotten an investigation on /.

But, I got an investigation on sheep who was innocent.

This means that aage lied about his Night 1 action. Also, it means that / is probably scum.
I am not sure what sort of motivation aage, scum or otherwise, might have had for saying that he stapled X & Y when he really stapled X & Z. What could he have wanted to lie about/hide that would be worth the risk of being caught? I can't think of anything anything he could of done with those guys where lying about it would be necessary.
Captain spiesr

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:47 pm

edocsil wrote:First off, wtf on the coding. I think this is a place where an edit is acceptable, you seem to have broken the forum somehow. Aage, there is no chance that you misremember your action?

"Player1 is Alignment"
AND
"player2 is Alignment "

or just "Innocent"

Also, one busdrive and this is all up in the air and we are chasing after our own tails. In my opinion Aage is a massive liability, and if I vig anyone at all I could easily throw the game (4 dead between scum and me and a lynch) leaving 2 scum 2 town alive tomorrow. Yeah, I know there are some assumptions here, but 4 scum start (or 5, which would be even worse) and me doing a double kill (or not, 2 scum and 3 town is almost as bad) Throw a busdriver in here and we have no fucking idea where things are at tomorrow and we could easily lose with one misplaced vote.

I see a few ways to navigate this, but they kinda all suck. The way its set up right now I think its likely that its going to be aage or saf hung, but at this point I think a full mass claim is in order (are we only missing 2 now?)

What I THINK is the best course of action is to hang aage but i have a few other ideas too. This is due to the massive danger and misdirection that is possible with him. I would then be able to vig our next best target for scum without the risk of ending the game. The next day would be 5 alive and at worst 3 town 2 scum. Either saf or I would be dead and if the doc (!assumption!) protects one of us even if there is a busdriver it is unlikely that both of us will end up dead. Either Saf could narrow options with an investigation, or I would have another chance to shoot.

In my books, I, saf, and Strike are pretty much all confirmed as town. Going on a limb here with Saf, but it was too early for him to fake cop at the moment and there was no reason for him to confirm strike, who I 100% trust, unless there are 3 scum left and IMO we are fucked if there are. I also believe there was to be a cop in the game. So far the game has seemed far more typical in roles than the last CYOC. Scum have been traditional scum roles and town have been traditional town roles.

Scum list is Spiesr and / in my books, with the possibility of aage thrown in. I don't trust TFOs claim and I don't have any feel on Rishaed at all.

Anyhow, claims and arguments may change my opinions, so let's hash this out. Now the fun part or the game begins.

For all my investigations, I got

"Player" is Town.

Also, I know this is probably going to be either me or aage lynched, but if you go back and read what I was writing about follow the cop after the kill of the roleblocker on day 2, this is because I thought I was some sort of super cop. I thought with the double result that I had the hidden power of also investigating the person who my target visits in the night. Sort of a cop/tracker combo. Made sense in my mind with the whole shadow control powers that my character had flavor wise.

Turns out that it wasn't the case. As far as targets of mine go, I decided to go for who I thought was less likely to be targeted for a kill early and then with people who we didn't have a strong town or mafia vibe/claim with later.

So that's my rationale for play. Take it as you will, it probably will indeed come down to me or aage today for the lynch, unless TFO wants to break this little logjam preemptively and the we can decide on a secondary lynch target afterwards. That's really the only other way I see to play it.
Captain safariguy5

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:37 am

safariguy5 wrote:
edocsil wrote:First off, wtf on the coding. I think this is a place where an edit is acceptable, you seem to have broken the forum somehow. Aage, there is no chance that you misremember your action?

"Player1 is Alignment"
AND
"player2 is Alignment "

or just "Innocent"

For all my investigations, I got

"Player" is Town.

Also, I know this is probably going to be either me or aage lynched, but if you go back and read what I was writing about follow the cop after the kill of the roleblocker on day 2, this is because I thought I was some sort of super cop. I thought with the double result that I had the hidden power of also investigating the person who my target visits in the night. Sort of a cop/tracker combo. Made sense in my mind with the whole shadow control powers that my character had flavor wise.

Turns out that it wasn't the case. As far as targets of mine go, I decided to go for who I thought was less likely to be targeted for a kill early and then with people who we didn't have a strong town or mafia vibe/claim with later.

So that's my rationale for play. Take it as you will, it probably will indeed come down to me or aage today for the lynch, unless TFO wants to break this little logjam preemptively and the we can decide on a secondary lynch target afterwards. That's really the only other way I see to play it.

Hmmmm, Not sure why you would get "[Player] is town", when all I got for my investigation was "Town".

Really unsure how I can unclog this logjam (I generally don't need to unclog anything! Due to lack of hair), besides shooting one of you, but i'd prefer to see a claim from Stubbs and / before I go all willynilly with my gun. Because if I use it in this day phase, I can't use my doc ability tonight.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:40 am

I don't really see much point in claiming, considering one of aage/Saf is lying.
How would it be beneficial for town?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby aage on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:03 am

I went over it again and I'm torn... I can't dismiss a claimed cop just because his actions don't correspond, one scum busdrive could throw off this whole case as town vs town. You say you received an investigation on Sheep. I know 100% certain that I did not intend to staple sheep to Blake, as my action pm is still in my Sent Messages. Could have to do with Sheep's unpredictable night action, could be a busdrive. unvote.

As to what we should do with my role. Since we have a claimed cop now whom most of you are willing to believe, I'm going to target whichever players you want me to target so we get a double investigation. Maybe TFO can use his doc power, if we kill a towny he won't need them any more anyway. On the other hand I'm reluctant since scum appears to have used a busdrive during night 1, which probably means they can use one again.

StubbsKVM wrote:I don't really see much point in claiming, considering one of aage/Saf is lying.
How would it be beneficial for town?
Town will know what to do at night. With 8 players alive we have probably two more nights ahead of us, which both will be critical to ensure town victory. Putting information out there will help town more than it hurts them.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby edocsil on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:54 am

How is mass claiming a bad idea? There are 2 unclaimed roles, and with the power laid out there is no serious harm, and between stubs and / there is a pretty good chance one of them is scum. Why the hell would you even suggest no mass claim at this point as town, when our cop, joat and vig are already exposed? Those are the players that are the reason for not mass claiming. End of story. You are yet again hindering the town Aage, and for no logical reason that I can deduce.
Edoc'sil

Postby aage on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:27 am

edocsil wrote:How is mass claiming a bad idea? There are 2 unclaimed roles, and with the power laid out there is no serious harm, and between stubs and / there is a pretty good chance one of them is scum. Why the hell would you even suggest no mass claim at this point as town, when our cop, joat and vig are already exposed? Those are the players that are the reason for not mass claiming. End of story. You are yet again hindering the town Aage, and for no logical reason that I can deduce.

Read my post again, you're misinterpreting it. Mass claiming would help town more than it hurts them for the reasons you just gave.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby edocsil on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:34 am

aage wrote:
edocsil wrote:How is mass claiming a bad idea? There are 2 unclaimed roles, and with the power laid out there is no serious harm, and between stubs and / there is a pretty good chance one of them is scum. Why the hell would you even suggest no mass claim at this point as town, when our cop, joat and vig are already exposed? Those are the players that are the reason for not mass claiming. End of story. You are yet again hindering the town Aage, and for no logical reason that I can deduce.

Read my post again, you're misinterpreting it. Mass claiming would help town more than it hurts them for the reasons you just gave.

:oops: It appears I am retarded.
Edoc'sil

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:12 am

For the record, the forum no longer seems to be broken to me. I would agree that at this point a mass claim is in order, I believe Stubbs and / are the only two who haven't claimed? By the way, prod please on /. He hasn't posted in this thread in 18 days.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:32 pm

Fair enough, if everyone wants me to, I'll claim.

I am Cordell Walker, town 1-shot Texas Ranger.

I have a one shot ability to investigate someone. If that person is scum, I immediately kill him. If the person is town, I'll get an innocent result(and not kill him obviously)

I have not used my shot yet, because we were doing so well.
I will have to use it on the following night I guess, in case I am killed.
Which is why I was reluctant to claim.
Corporal StubbsKVM

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives