Conquer Club

[Official] D&D Mafia ~ Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] D&D Mafia ~ D1 ~ 19/19

Postby Commander9 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:46 pm

Confirm.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Commander9 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:13 pm

"Heya, DM DUDE. Can you order a few pizzas for us guys? Thanks"

"Oh ya, also forgot - I want to slap Strike Wolf and poke Aage. Ima roll ma dice."

strike wolf wrote:I've always hated random wagons for claims.

Worst idea ever. I agree.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Epitaph1 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Welp, I was out of town for the joke portion of D1, else I would have voted betiko for being my scumbuddy in NBC mafia.

I don't mind MoB's idea, but it's really just organized random voting for D1. I don't know how else D1 progresses at this stage as it's too early to identify inactives.

I'll hold off on throwing out my random vote in case we go with some version of MoB's idea.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Claim 1 of 2: I am DoomYoshi, Infernal Mount.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:45 pm

I love how votes bring people in hours.

Unvote vote IB
Major betiko

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:02 pm

If we were to seriously consider Mob's idea, I personally would use the logic of who would make the best scum.

In general, if someone is good at playing scum, then it makes sense they would be more difficult to find. Therefore, to me, voting people best at playing scum (i.e. most experienced) would actually be the best move as it increases the likelihood that we find the less convincing scum players later as they should be easier to expose.
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:18 pm

safariguy5 wrote:If we were to seriously consider Mob's idea, I personally would use the logic of who would make the best scum.

In general, if someone is good at playing scum, then it makes sense they would be more difficult to find. Therefore, to me, voting people best at playing scum (i.e. most experienced) would actually be the best move as it increases the likelihood that we find the less convincing scum players later as they should be easier to expose.

*Watches half the players back out of the room.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:37 pm

Mob's idea:

Pro's
1. It gets people to vote.
2. Generates some discussion.
3. Hopefully, once discussion gets going, you can drop the random ruse and find something scummy.

Cons
1. It doesn't really force people to vote, because submariners will still submarine.
2. You still end up with a random vote based on nothing at all.
3. We will most likely still go for the inactives when it's all said and done.

I could go either way on this idea. I don't love it. I don't hate it. :|
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:09 pm

It seems like a evolution of the Yoshi rolecall. It is curious to note the different reactions that idea drew compared to this one.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:14 pm

Sorry guys. I am in every active mafia game except wire so feel a little overwhelmed.(Real life be sucking as well) I just had a chance to catch up with this game.

Playing in 5 games at once may be to much for me.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby strike wolf on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:23 pm

I'm more against the plan than for. I can't really argue with the presented logic of it getting the day started but a random wagon rarely turns out well for town.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:57 am

vote skillfulsniper

might as well start with an OMGUS vote.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby rishaed on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:33 am

I apologize for inactivity... currently i will keep it short and sweet. I don't have much time for anything other than RL atm and quickly playing the games i'm in. I will try to remain active but up until friday my schedule may remain busy.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:02 am

Can we not just lynch MoB? He is an arsehole after all.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:10 am

dazza2008 wrote:Can we not just lynch MoB? He is an arsehole after all.

That seems like perfect logic...
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:36 am

MoB Deadly wrote:The primary goal was to get out of joke phase, which I think I was successful at.

As much as MoB's plan isn't the best approach, we all have to admit this, that it has at least generated some meaningful discussion - or at least, something more meaningful than a mere joke vote phase.

And as for the plan itself, there isn't much we can do that won't end up being one of (1) a random wagon, (2) lynching an inactive, or (3) no lynch. So unless we want to sit around and spout verbose replies till we can ascertain inactives/scummariners, we might as well decide whether we want to pursue a random wagon or a no lynch (which might well help us to sieve out any inactives/scummariners anyway).
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:13 pm

strike wolf wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:If we were to seriously consider Mob's idea, I personally would use the logic of who would make the best scum.

*Watches half the players back out of the room.

Admittedly, it's not much better than a random wagon, but considering the external factors of medals/premium/prizes and whatnot, if you ask me what I think would give town the best chances of winning, I build my logic castle on shifting sand and hope for the best.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Epitaph1 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:44 pm

This seems like it could backfire if we lynch a good player or at least expose a good player with a power role.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby Commander9 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:02 pm

I approve.

Vote Safari. :lol:
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby edocsil on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Normally I wouldn't comment, but some of this is priceless, I am going to.

Commander9 wrote:

I approve.

Vote Safari. :lol:

Nuff said, you may be leaving the party early Safari. The guys will need a DD back from this anyhow.

safariguy5 wrote:I cast magic missiles at the hearth. Then drop a flaming sphere on a mug of the bubbly stuff to see if it burns.

vote com9

It does, roll a constitution save.

##########
#...........#
#.....#.....#
#...........#
##########

Impressive, you take 15 damage and you are at 3 HP

strike wolf wrote:Jonty rolls a 0. His character's arm explodes as it touches Betiko.

Wrong dice, critical failures are rolled on a D20, not a D10. Sheesh.

dazza2008 wrote::cry: This is going to be another of them games where I don't know what anyone is talking about

Once the banter dies down, it really will be straightforward, I promise.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby betiko on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:40 pm

I like random wagons on day 1 and get at least 1 claim, just to get somewhere to start from. Not necesairly a lynch but at least a claim.
If it can be as unrandom as possible it would be better!
Major betiko

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:54 pm

Epitaph1 wrote:

This seems like it could backfire if we lynch a good player or at least expose a good player with a power role.

It depends on your point of view. Exposing a power role could also mean that the power role will be protected as people will know where to direct their actions to save said power role.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:08 pm

That would be ass uming that said power role was not one of the major protecting roles and that mafia doesnt have a busdriver or an unstoppable kill.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:36 pm

well at this point any action we take will be random, in the sense that day one builds the foundation of the game so we don't have any background knowledge, that being said once we decide what path to take, i am willing to help out
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Commander9 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:45 pm

betiko wrote:I like random wagons on day 1 and get at least 1 claim, just to get somewhere to start from. Not necesairly a lynch but at least a claim.
If it can be as unrandom as possible it would be better!

Why not just mass claim now and then decided on the largest majority winning by numerical values? :lol: *facepalm*

I agree with strike wolf here - random bandwagons and lynches tend to not lead to anything productive and can often be very harmful.
Lieutenant Commander9

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives