Conquer Club

ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (10/13) - D3: The Bloody Winter Rose

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (11/13) - D3: The Wolf howls no mo

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:52 pm

spiesr wrote:Alright Nebuchadnezer, here is where I stand right now on this. I don't have a significant read on Foxglove's alignment at this point. Since you haven't revealed which faction you joined I have no idea if you are voting for Foxglove because you think he is a Loyalist, Rebel, or some unrelated reason. The things you have mentioned about his play don't seem to inherently give any substantial hints towards his alignment. His play hasn't gotten to the level that Iron Butterfly reached, where I would cast my vote without any feelings about what his alignment might be. If you think he might be my enemy please say so.

I think that is for you to decide, if you think he is your enemy. I'm comfortable voting him based on his play/patterns. To say which side I think he is on, gives away my side, and also gives away the sides of anyone else that votes for him...which, at some point will happen anyway. We can't keep blindly hoping that we pick someone from the other side...sooner or later, we'll all know where we stand.

I will wait to here from the Lannisters. I think Strike has information on why he thinks he lost his save power. Also, if I can persuade them to join my side, I'm sure as hell going to try...they just have to let me know what they need from me.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Foxglove on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:20 pm

For the record, I'm a she, not a he.

It grates on the nerves.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Foxglove on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Also, I'm sorry that you are so firmly under the impression that I haven't been following what's going on, because I have. Apparently my tongue-in-cheek sentences weren't received the way I intended.

You are correct that you haven't made threatening statements (except just recently, by voting to lynch me! I find that quite threatening). But! And it's a big one! The character of Walder Frey in the books is so devious and treacherous that he cannot be trusted. I find it hard to believe that your role would be much different, which is why I find you threatening in general. I think anyone who counts on the support of Walder Frey would be wise to watch their backs (from a flavor and theme perspective).
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby jonty125 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Foxglove wrote:I think anyone who counts on the support of Walder Frey would be wise to watch their backs (from a flavor and theme perspective).

Are you proposing that he is an SK? or is it just me reading too much detail where this none
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Foxglove on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:34 pm

jonty125 wrote:
Foxglove wrote:I think anyone who counts on the support of Walder Frey would be wise to watch their backs (from a flavor and theme perspective).

Are you proposing that he is an SK? or is it just me reading too much detail where this none

I'm definitely not. I'm just saying that no particular game trickery would surprise me.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Flow520 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:12 pm

Foxglove wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

I'm definitely not. I'm just saying that no particular game trickery would surprise me.

Perhaps game trickery like, he can change his faction on day 4 or 5? (I'm guessing this because it seems to me Walder Frey is relatively spineless and knows he is not going to be the top dog, so only cares about joining whichever side will be victorious.) Maybe Nebuchadnezer could confirm if he has to stick with his D2 chosen faction the rest of the game.
Major Flow520

Postby The Weird One on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Flow520 wrote:
Foxglove wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

Perhaps game trickery like, he can change his faction on day 4 or 5? (I'm guessing this because it seems to me Walder Frey is relatively spineless and knows he is not going to be the top dog, so only cares about joining whichever side will be victorious.) Maybe Nebuchadnezer could confirm if he has to stick with his D2 chosen faction the rest of the game.

That is an interesting thought...That being said, though, why would he admit that...it would only lead to him being trusted even less...at least, now, if he comes out in support of a side, he can hope to get that side's backing...
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby Minister Masket on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Minister Masket wrote:
nagerous wrote:Tywin's ultimate goal is most likely to gain the throne and they will not stop until this is achieved. Saying that he might be better alive a little while to see if he provides information on the true villains of the piece, the Taegaryans. Jamie Lannister, the man who pushed a defenceless kid out of a high window might be a better place to start today.

>back from Day 1.
nag is smart but I'm not sure he's smart enough to pull off some reverse psychology here. This might rule him out of being a Taegaryan and possibly even puts him as being part of the Rebels - Robert / Starks

Oooh, someone get me a phone, because I farking called that. ^^

The Weird One wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I'm a bit confused by the reaction here, did strike know that MM was aligned with him? I would think this faction would be a mason thing, not a one-way knowledge arrangement.

Gentlemen, I give you another faction leader...or an independent on his own...not sure if the latter exists in this game, though. [never played factions, before, that I can remember]

Worth bringing up again I think.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby The Weird One on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Minister Masket wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:
nagerous wrote:Tywin's ultimate goal is most likely to gain the throne and they will not stop until this is achieved. Saying that he might be better alive a little while to see if he provides information on the true villains of the piece, the Taegaryans. Jamie Lannister, the man who pushed a defenceless kid out of a high window might be a better place to start today.

>back from Day 1.
nag is smart but I'm not sure he's smart enough to pull off some reverse psychology here. This might rule him out of being a Taegaryan and possibly even puts him as being part of the Rebels - Robert / Starks

Oooh, someone get me a phone, because I farking called that. ^^

The Weird One wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I'm a bit confused by the reaction here, did strike know that MM was aligned with him? I would think this faction would be a mason thing, not a one-way knowledge arrangement.

Gentlemen, I give you another faction leader...or an independent on his own...not sure if the latter exists in this game, though. [never played factions, before, that I can remember]

Worth bringing up again I think.

Didn't we cover this, already, yesterday?
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby spiesr on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Vote Nebuchadnezer, I am getting pretty tired of you being evasive about your new alignment. It is my opinion that you lost the privilege of keeping it a secret back on Day 2. I am not entirely sure why you would even need to conceal it with the role you have claimed either, you can just hide from any kill attempts right?

Also, Mod can we get Fircoal replaced? I don't think he survived the winter.
Captain spiesr

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:58 pm

Flow520 wrote:
Foxglove wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

It's possible also that some of the roles have hidden conditions or whatnot that the player does not know about. He may not know the full complexities of his role.
Captain safariguy5

Postby jonty125 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:11 am

vote Neb I would like to see what faction you have aligned yourself to as well.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:46 am

jonty125 wrote:vote Neb I would like to see what faction you have aligned yourself to as well.

Very interesting how you two hypocrites will vote me to know MY alignment. However, voting anyone else is not an option, because you might "expose" someone on your team...or if you were voted to find out your alignment, you would scream and cry that it wasn't fair.

However, I have a feeling that you two already know what alignment I picked based on my vote. I'm voting Foxglove because she was riding me constantly D2. She knew I was 3rd party, but would rather not have pressured Iron to find out his alignment. Then when his alignment was made known, she made no move to hammer him. I therefore assume that she is a Loyalist scum backing the mad king, or perhaps the mad king himself. It's good to see spiesr and Jonty essentially show they colors by voting me, as I can now assume that they are Loyalists as well.

Why did I pick Rebels? You can thank Nag for that. He was the only one bold enough to drop the hammer on Iron, thus giving the Rebels a distinct advantage going into the night. I was hoping that someone would protect him, and thus Rebels come out ahead today. Unfortunately that didn't happen, and now we are at a deadlock again, because all of you mice would rather hide than show your colors.

As for the constant and incessant guessing about what my role does, I find it all ludicrous. It's a distraction from having to play the real game. It's a way for people to look like they are contributing, when all they are doing is masking their unwillingness to move the game along. I half expect it from Foxglove whose defense is based on "don't vote me, look at how bad Neb's character is." Meanwhile, without myself, Minister and Strike (and Nag) this games moves nowhere.

There. It's out. I have chosen Rebels, and cannot switch to anything else. Let the lines be drawn. I call the Lannisters to rally with the Rebels!

Postby Minister Masket on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:30 am

As I am still unaware who exactly it was who tried to off me - might've been a rebel - I'll hold off for just a little longer.

Private Minister Masket

Postby Fircoal on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:05 pm

spiesr wrote:Vote Nebuchadnezer, I am getting pretty tired of you being evasive about your new alignment. It is my opinion that you lost the privilege of keeping it a secret back on Day 2. I am not entirely sure why you would even need to conceal it with the role you have claimed either, you can just hide from any kill attempts right?

Fir is here and has ready everything in the thread. However I am currently not much with what to say.

I will say this. I am of the thought that while yesterday was prime to wipe out the 3rd parties, I do think today is a good day for scumhunting~
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Foxglove on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:08 pm

strike wolf wrote:From what I can tell yes I did lose that one save.

More comments later.

I'm curious about Jaimie/strike's thoughts.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Foxglove on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Fircoal wrote:
spiesr wrote:Vote Nebuchadnezer, I am getting pretty tired of you being evasive about your new alignment. It is my opinion that you lost the privilege of keeping it a secret back on Day 2. I am not entirely sure why you would even need to conceal it with the role you have claimed either, you can just hide from any kill attempts right?

Fir is here and has ready everything in the thread. However I am currently not much with what to say.

I will say this. I am of the thought that while yesterday was prime to wipe out the 3rd parties, I do think today is a good day for scumhunting~

I agree - we're down 1 each from the Rebels (nag) and the Loyalists (IB), so the third parties are becoming more important than ever.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Foxglove on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Minister Masket wrote:As I am still unaware who exactly it was who tried to off me - might've been a rebel - I'll hold off for just a little longer.

Will the knowledge either way cement your decision about what faction to join?
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:36 pm

So Neb reveals his reasons for voting Foxglove (no quotes) and Foxglove makes some statements but doesn't directly confront Neb's statements. As far as where do the Lannisters stand...Honestly, from what I have seen and I hate to admit it but I am thinking that our time to choose sides is close at hand father.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Minister Masket on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:48 pm

Foxglove wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:As I am still unaware who exactly it was who tried to off me - might've been a rebel - I'll hold off for just a little longer.

Will the knowledge either way cement your decision about what faction to join?

You would assume as much. However, if someone wants to be brave and take responsibility for it, that might change things.

strike wolf wrote:So Neb reveals his reasons for voting Foxglove (no quotes) and Foxglove makes some statements but doesn't directly confront Neb's statements. As far as where do the Lannisters stand...Honestly, from what I have seen and I hate to admit it but I am thinking that our time to choose sides is close at hand father.

Close it may be, but it isn't now. Both rebels and loyalists have some very important decisions to make soon, and I suggest to everyone that you not risk angering the lion any further.

A Lannister always pays his debts.

Private Minister Masket

Postby Fircoal on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Foxglove wrote:
Fircoal wrote:

I agree - we're down 1 each from the Rebels (nag) and the Loyalists (IB), so the third parties are becoming more important than ever.

I don't think you correctly read what I said. What we can gather atm is that Neb has choosen Rebels, considering the format that this game is hinted at being I think this is the time to try to find some scum. I am afraid of Masket & co still but I think I fear the opposition more right now.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Have you considered Neb that possibly why nobody wants to vote out someone else would be because of secondary win conditions? I assume some if not most roles have lesser win conditions that only work if they are alive. Therefore, making yourself a target may not be the most attractive option regardless of what faction you are.

Also Fir, who do you consider scum? Loyalists? Rebels? Someone else?
Captain safariguy5

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:48 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Have you considered Neb that possibly why nobody wants to vote out someone else would be because of secondary win conditions? I assume some if not most roles have lesser win conditions that only work if they are alive. Therefore, making yourself a target may not be the most attractive option regardless of what faction you are.

Also Fir, who do you consider scum? Loyalists? Rebels? Someone else?

Okay, this makes no sense. First, how would going after Foxglove, a clear Loyalist, hurt any of the Rebels secondary win conditions? Second, why is anyone playing for a secondary win condition? Rebels should be trying to take this game by storm! Third, if the rebels vote for Foxglove, how will that make them a target? You're only a target if you are the one who has to claim. The only time claiming might be a problem is if you are like Iron and wait until L-1, and then get the quick hammer. Did you see how I claimed right away to avoid being hammered quickly?

We at least now know that Jonty and Spiesr are Loyalists...unless they are playing some mousey game of "I can't unvote or someone might think I'm a Rebel."

So, let's look at a modified list of participants...

1. Rheagar Targaryen
2. King Aerys II
3. Jon Connington

1. Robert Baratheon
2. Jon Arryn
3. Hoster Tully
4. Walder Frey

3. Jaime Lannister
12. Tywin Lannister
10. Grand Master Pycelle
11. Varys

12. Eddard Stark DEAD
13. Mace Tyrell DEAD

I see the blue as "rebellion", red as "loyalists", green as "will choose" and orange as "survivor."

Now, I still can't place if Pycelle and Varys are here...I'm guessing Pycelle is not, and Varys might be. If there is only one, I have no idea who would be in...perhaps a Greyjoy? Another Rebel?

Either way, if Rebels and Loyalists started out even, the Rebels now own the day phase. They both lost one player...but the Rebels gained me. Add in the Lannisters and we can get a lynch here. The math works out. Even a third party survivor wouldn't care who he/she voted for, as they just want to survive and have the game end quicker.

Lannisters...you don't need to decide right now if you don't want to...however, it works in your favor to at least vote with the Rebels, as that will ensure we get rid of the Loyalists, whom are my bet for the attempt on Tywin last night.

So, come on Rebels, I say we go Fox hunting... Feel free to point out where I'm wrong.

Postby The Weird One on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:22 am

Neb does make some convincing points as to the alignment of Foxglove...now here's to hoping I don't regret this. Vote Foxglove It is a good argument that we need to come out about who we are instead of lurking and staying silent...I'm going to feel like a fool if this turns out to be a ploy...

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby aage on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:27 pm

Vote count, courtesy of Commander's alter ego:

Foxglove (2) - Neb, TWO
Neb (2) - spiesr, jonty

11 alive, 7 to lynch.

spiesr wrote:Also, Mod can we get Fircoal replaced? I don't think he survived the winter.

He's active in the risk game, so I'll prod him first.
*Edit*
He posted on this page, I'm silly, never you mind.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives