Conquer Club

ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (10/13) - D3: The Bloody Winter Rose

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (11/13) - D3: The Wolf howls no mo

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Yup, I had a funny feeling I would be targeted.
Never really heard of the vengeful role up til now.

Anyhoo, gonna read back and see what - if anything - I can gleam.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby spiesr on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:56 pm

So according to Neb's claim he would have chosen his side this Night. Do we need him to reveal his choice now?
strike wolf wrote:So it would appear that Aerys tried to kill Neb and someone attempted to kill Tywin.
That would be a lot of kills, wouldn't it? (At least for a game where with 2 people have died by Day 3.)
Captain spiesr

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:56 pm

spiesr wrote:So according to Neb's claim he would have chosen his side this Night. Do we need him to reveal his choice now?
strike wolf wrote:So it would appear that Aerys tried to kill Neb and someone attempted to kill Tywin.
That would be a lot of kills, wouldn't it? (At least for a game where with 2 people have died by Day 3.)

If vengeful is what I think it is, would it make sense for nag to attempt to take out Tywin? Or am I misinterpreting how vengeful mechanics work?
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:49 am

spiesr wrote:So according to Neb's claim he would have chosen his side this Night. Do we need him to reveal his choice now?

I suppose the Neb reaction from Aerys may not be a kill attempt but that's the only one that seems questionable.

I would imagine that Ned would have been more interested in the Targaryens than the Lannisters. I mean we haven't done anything to hurt the Starks up to this point. I am wondering what Vengeful would entail.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby jonty125 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:42 pm

safariguy5 wrote: Or am I misinterpreting how vengeful mechanics work?

I understood vengeful to be trying to take out the leader of their faction, and then win with their faction.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:09 pm

safariguy5 wrote:If vengeful is what I think it is, would it make sense for nag to attempt to take out Tywin? Or am I misinterpreting how vengeful mechanics work?
Rereading nagerous' posts it seems plausible that he would try to kill Minister Masket if he didn't have a good idea of who a Loyalist was. His posts certainly give of the vibe that he didn't trust him and would be happy with him dead. Why he (or anyone) would target the person with a claimed protection is more questionable. Perhaps he thought it was a bluff, thought his ability would bypass it, or just wanted to remove the protection.
Don't really have info info right now to know exactly what happened I guess.

Mod, could you send a "prod" to those of us who may have forgotten about this game over the long night?
Captain spiesr

Postby kgb007 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:17 pm

i'm here, i'm not directly familiar with the vengeful role, but it seems from the posts that it's a retalitory action?
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby Foxglove on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:20 pm

spiesr wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:If vengeful is what I think it is, would it make sense for nag to attempt to take out Tywin? Or am I misinterpreting how vengeful mechanics work?
Rereading nagerous' posts it seems plausible that he would try to kill Minister Masket if he didn't have a good idea of who a Loyalist was. His posts certainly give of the vibe that he didn't trust him and would be happy with him dead. Why he (or anyone) would target the person with a claimed protection is more questionable. Perhaps he thought it was a bluff, thought his ability would bypass it, or just wanted to remove the protection.
Don't really have info info right now to know exactly what happened I guess.

The only people who have claimed though are Tywin, Jaimie, and Walder Frey. It would probably be too risky to target a person with an unknown role - what if they are part of Nag's faction? Also - would the same effect have happened if Nag targeted Neb/Walder and Walder was using his ability to hide behind Tywin?
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby strike wolf on Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:09 pm

Unless Comm is using a mini-driver type role for Neb instead of a traditional hider than all actions aimed at neb should simply miss not be redirected.

As far as Nag, Eddard Stark's party leader would be Robert Baratheon and they were very close even after they came to disagreement on how to handle the remaining Targaryens (Ned Stark thought killing children was horrible and Robert Baratheon wanted them all dead). So unless Comm did something screwy with Ned's allegiance than I would not expect him to want his faction leader dead. Tywin Lannister might be a different story but Nag's initial reaction to MM's claim was to go after me (I suppose that could be an attempt at misdirection).
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby The Weird One on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:44 pm

I am completely unfamiliar with vengeful...I would guess that he gets kill whenever he dies, but that is just from context, here...any explanation is greatly appreciated....That being said, I'm unsure as to what to make of this.
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:00 pm

The Weird One wrote:I am completely unfamiliar with vengeful...I would guess that he gets kill whenever he dies, but that is just from context, here...any explanation is greatly appreciated....That being said, I'm unsure as to what to make of this.
The role as I know it ("Vengeful Townie") has the power (requirement?) to kill a person when they die. Whether that applies for lynch, nightkill, or both depends on the mod.
Captain spiesr

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Well, we at least know that the rebels have no type of doctor role...and I guess I wouldn't really expect one, unless Maester Pycelle was in the game. I think we can rule him out...although I'm still convinced that there is someone from the small council in this game.

It also appears with Iron's death that someone else has stepped in to take over the "siege" of Storm's End. I now think that the story line on day one was just that...a story. Stannis appears to be fine...but maybe "blocked" from doing actions until his siege is broken. Or perhaps the Loyalist holding the siege is unable to perform any other actions. Either way, Stannis should be fine.

I have my short list that I'd like to go after. I'll start with...vote foxglove Let's see the storm that kicks up.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Nebuchadnezer, if you don't mind me asking, what are you accusing foxglove of at this moment?
A thought occurs to me. Aren't you able to confirm that an attempt to kill Minister Masket was made by virtue of having your one free save burned off? Or would you not be informed of such an occurrence?
Captain spiesr

Postby jonty125 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:48 am

spiesr wrote:Nebuchadnezer, if you don't mind me asking, what are you accusing foxglove of at this moment?

+1
Cook jonty125

Postby The Weird One on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:37 am

I'm with spiesr and jonty...it seems like you're just fishing for claims...
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby spiesr on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:07 pm

The Weird One wrote:I'm with spiesr and jonty...it seems like you're just fishing for claims...
My point was more wanting to know what Neb what want to lynch someone for; suspicion of being a Loyalist, the reverse, or something else?
Captain spiesr

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:16 pm

I don't see much rationale for a policy lynch either unless you believe activity could be an issue.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Foxglove on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Seem's like neb's vote for me is an OMGUS vote.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Flow520 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Well, we at least know that the rebels have no type of doctor role...
How do we know this?
Major Flow520

Postby The Weird One on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:14 pm

spiesr wrote:
The Weird One wrote:I'm with spiesr and jonty...it seems like you're just fishing for claims...
My point was more wanting to know what Neb what want to lynch someone for; suspicion of being a Loyalist, the reverse, or something else?

By saying that I was with you two, I was meaning more that I was curious as to his reasoning, in general.

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby strike wolf on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:16 pm

From what I can tell yes I did lose that one save.

More comments later.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby kgb007 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Flow520 wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Well, we at least know that the rebels have no type of doctor role...
How do we know this?

not speaking for neb but my guess is that if the rebels had a doc, nag would have been the obvious choice to protect since he hammered yesterday
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Flow520 wrote:
How do we know this?

If there was a doc on the rebel side, he would have protected Nag. (I know, there are various other explanations...I'll take the simplest one for now.)

Foxglove wrote:Seem's like neb's vote for me is an OMGUS vote.

Not OMGUS. Your poor play and constant inability to follow the information I had posted yesterday are the main reasons. Your preference to try and discredit a third party rather than hunt for someone opposite you makes me believe you have something to hide...a rather important role, perhaps? I'm just not sure if you were trying to save Iron, or just were upset with my posts in response to you. Note that Nagerous had no qualms about coming out and sticking it to the Loyalists...Hats off to Nag for his bold move. Had Iron been a little more bold and claimed before being at L-1, he may perhaps still be alive as well. This game isn't for scared mice to hide in the corners, hoping nobody notices you.

Yes. I am fishing for claims. Must we have this discussion again today? Or should we just vote to end the day and let the night play out?

strike wolf wrote:From what I can tell yes I did lose that one save.

More comments later.

Sorry to hear that...sounds like some idiots are too scared by you and Minister. I, on the other hand, want you two on my side yet. I understand if you would like to wait for more info...if anyone is even going to share anything...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby jonty125 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:54 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:

Yes. I am fishing for claims. Must we have this discussion again today? Or should we just vote to end the day and let the night play out?

I would hardly say voting Foxglove turns into fishing for a claim. Reading through the Neb, Foxglove saga, it seems more of a disagreement, over what to do with third parties. Foxglove, accused Neb of making threats and then produced a very non-threatening line. So at this stage, I'm not going to take a side between Neb & Foxglove.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Alright Nebuchadnezer, here is where I stand right now on this. I don't have a significant read on Foxglove's alignment at this point. Since you haven't revealed which faction you joined I have no idea if you are voting for Foxglove because you think he is a Loyalist, Rebel, or some unrelated reason. The things you have mentioned about his play don't seem to inherently give any substantial hints towards his alignment. His play hasn't gotten to the level that Iron Butterfly reached, where I would cast my vote without any feelings about what his alignment might be. If you think he might be my enemy please say so.
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives