Conquer Club

Wait, What? Mafia (9/9) D2: Wait, What?

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wait, What? Mafia (9/9) D1: The Big Bang

Postby virus90 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 pm

virus90 wrote:okay in other news; what are your thoughts on how many mafia we have got? Since it is only my second game (As half of you know) i am wondering what is normal for a 9 player game. I think it is 2 with some powerroles. since the game we are in with colton is a 7 player and had 2 and 9 in which 3 are mafia seems a bit to much. or is it more logic to have 3 and have many town powerroles? wondering on the thoughts of the rest of the (more experienced?) players

with the green marked words i mean, some kind of mafia powerrole. if that was not clear. not sure if it was.
Major virus90

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:13 pm

Sorry, confirm if you want I guess, I thought that opening/reading the message would suffice, I'm keeping up with my outbox.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby Lootifer on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:46 pm

hi all, first game ever for me.

vote colt for picking on my fellow mod.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Lootifer on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Lootifer wrote:hi all, first game ever for me.

whoa nearly instinctively edited...

fixed.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby kratos644 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Lootifer wrote:
Lootifer wrote:hi all, first game ever for me.

whoa nearly instinctively edited...

fixed.

Vote Lootifer for almost editing. Very suspicious of him.
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby jonty125 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:07 am

Con125firm!

[b]vote kratos644[b] he has a sword, hence, mafia.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby virus90 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:25 am

virus90 wrote:
virus90 wrote:okay in other news; what are your thoughts on how many mafia we have got? Since it is only my second game (As half of you know) i am wondering what is normal for a 9 player game. I think it is 2 with some powerroles. since the game we are in with colton is a 7 player and had 2 and 9 in which 3 are mafia seems a bit to much. or is it more logic to have 3 and have many town powerroles? wondering on the thoughts of the rest of the (more experienced?) players

with the green marked words i mean, some kind of mafia powerrole. if that was not clear. not sure if it was.

well anyone any thought on how many mafia? or any other part of the game?
Major virus90

Postby jonty125 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:25 pm

virus90 wrote:
virus90 wrote:

OP wrote:The setup may be a little weird at first, but I promise it is balanced.

Absolute madness, there could be 3 mafia, or 2 and a cult recruiter, or everyone is a PR. Only time will tell.
Cook jonty125

Postby epic pie on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Confirm!
I would guess there is either 2 or 3 Mafia members, with some town power roles; just from the balancing perspective, there should be a special mafia type, to combat more town powers.
Also, Vote Virus90 for voting on me.
Corporal 1st Class epic pie

Postby virus90 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:40 pm

jonty125 wrote:Absolute madness, there could be 3 mafia, or 2 and a cult recruiter, or everyone is a PR. Only time will tell.

for anyone else who didnt know how a cult worked: O:)

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cult

if so it says could be only 1 at start and become more.
Major virus90

Postby Anarkistsdream on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:47 pm

This is a fairly small game... Usually, if a game is this small and there IS a cult, IT is the mafia... Town wouldn't stand a chance... Of course, if the cult leader chose a mafia to convert, it would off them, so... *shrug* I guess there could be, but I doubt it.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby jonty125 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:20 pm

virus90 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Absolute madness, there could be 3 mafia, or 2 and a cult recruiter, or everyone is a PR. Only time will tell.

for anyone else who didnt know how a cult worked: O:)

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cult

if so it says could be only 1 at start and become more.

This game is 9 players, the cult would only start with one player. (Even in 20+ player games cult usually start with one player)

But there may not be a cult. As a mod I like them, but they make games difficult to balance.
Cook jonty125

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:40 pm

in games this small your looking at 2-3 mafia, cults usually only show up in larger games, as jonty said its hard to balance the game when cult is in it. but then again the mod said the set up would be weird, so who knows what this will end up being.
one another note
@the first time mafia players, at the start of the game we usually have a joke vote stage where players just vote whomever they wish for whatever reasons, so just because some one voted you right now it doesn't mean anything, yet, after a while though we get serious and at that point random voting is a no-no,
Captain gregwolf121

Postby kratos644 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:16 pm

What if instead of a cult recruiter there is a mafia recruiter? The power to either kill or convert. One would hope not both at the same time.
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby jonty125 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:17 pm

kratos644 wrote:What if instead of a cult recruiter there is a mafia recruiter? The power to either kill or convert. One would hope not both at the same time.

Possibility.
Cook jonty125

Postby Lootifer on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Anyone else get an interesting read on virus?
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:34 pm

jonty125 wrote:
virus90 wrote:
virus90 wrote:
OP wrote:The setup may be a little weird at first, but I promise it is balanced.
Absolute madness, there could be 3 mafia, or 2 and a cult recruiter, or everyone is a PR. Only time will tell.
Vote Jonty I have a suspicion that a townie would not have had reason to think that cult could possibly be in this game.
Captain spiesr

Postby jonty125 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Lootifer wrote:Anyone else get an interesting read on virus?

Nothing, other than plain noob. (not meant to be an offensive statement, rather than I don't think your [you been virus] town/scum yet)

spiesr wrote:Vote Jonty I have a suspicion that a townie would not have had reason to think that cult could possibly be in this game.

Here is my original post spiesr
jonty125 wrote:
virus90 wrote:
virus90 wrote:

As this post demonstrates I just threw the possibility out there. And end at the end of the post admitted, I didn't have a clue. So vote spieser for such a pathetic line of reasoning, jumping the gun on D1, hence scummy.
Cook jonty125

Postby epic pie on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Unvote, Vote spiesr
Why is that questionable? Anything is possible at the moment, we have literally NO information about roles. Many others are contemplating this potential possibility, and you aren't voting for them...

Postby epic pie on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Either share your line of reasoning, or be Fos'ed!

Postby virus90 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Unvote before epic pie gets hurt by accident.

kratos644 wrote:What if instead of a cult recruiter there is a mafia recruiter? The power to either kill or convert. One would hope not both at the same time.

I guess a mafia recruiter would be able to make that choice every night right? and i guess if its there that it wont be able to do both, that would make it impossible to win i think.

jonty125 wrote: Nothing, other than plain noob. (not meant to be an offensive statement, rather than I don't think your [you been virus] town/scum yet)

No offense taken, i know i am new, i know i ask a lot of (stupid?) questions. dont know all the roles and rules about them yet so i better ask before i jump to conclusions and learn fast about the game.
and i might be new, but got a good set of brains so sponging in all the (new) information and using it to create a better picture of our precious town that has been blown to pieces.

BTW i am dutch, english is not my native language, please ask away if my sentences are not clear or the tone is hard to read. I gladly try a second time. But most of the time it is up to standard i guess, so hope all my messages are clear.
Major virus90

Postby epic pie on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks Virus, don't want to accidentally quick-lynch.

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:37 pm

jonty125 wrote:
spiesr wrote:Vote Jonty I have a suspicion that a townie would not have had reason to think that cult could possibly be in this game.
Here is my original post spiesr
show
As this post demonstrates I just threw the possibility out there. And end at the end of the post admitted, I didn't have a clue. So vote spieser for such a pathetic line of reasoning, jumping the gun on D1, hence scummy.
I quoted that post in the post where I cast the vote so I don't see why you thought you had to show it to me. Anyway, my "logic" is that I think that a townie would have reason to believe that there is not a cult in this game. I would rather not go into detail about why.
Captain spiesr

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:37 pm

epic pie wrote:Either share your line of reasoning, or be Fos'ed!
Since you just voted for me an FOS would not indicate an increase in suspicion of me on your part.
Captain spiesr

Postby epic pie on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:48 pm

I know, that was a typo that I felt didn't deserve another double post.
But really now, why don't you want to be specific and go into detail?

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives