Conquer Club

Wait, What? Mafia (9/9) D2: Wait, What?

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wait, What? Mafia (9/9) D2: Wait, What?

Postby kratos644 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:13 pm

What about my info doesn't jive with others? It is confirmed by others info and it certainly fits perfectly with it.
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby Anarkistsdream on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:22 pm

kratos644 wrote:What about my info doesn't jive with others? It is confirmed by others info and it certainly fits perfectly with it.

Metsfan seems to think it doesn't work with what Virus90 has been saying.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:sorry for the absence, but first in light of mets claim i will unvote the reason i left my vote on loot for so long was because i was unconvinced of his claim, mostly because i felt that he hadn't adequately answered my reasons for voting him, but he has since done so, also mets claim helps me to believe his, on the other hand both mets and lootifer could be the mafia, and this whole vanilla townie X thing an elaborate hoax i throw this idea out there because it occured to me and i thought why not share, but with what i believe hints from others i think its more likely that they are telling the truth.
as to hotshot, not sure how to respond, i feel that i'm playing the same as in other games, actually a bit more active than i have in others.

And yet you stoll say so little... either just agreeing with other people or leaving posts like the one above that, while not two sentences, still does not contribite anything to the conversation. Which is what has been happening all game with you... with every game with you

Nark, are you saying that this is how greg usually plays, so that I shouldn't have him as my main suspect at this moment? Everyone else seems to have a somewhat reasonable argument so far, except maybe mets (or some people say virus, though I'm not as suspicious of him yet.... but he could be.)
Major HotShot53

Postby Anarkistsdream on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:43 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:sorry for the absence, but first in light of mets claim i will unvote the reason i left my vote on loot for so long was because i was unconvinced of his claim, mostly because i felt that he hadn't adequately answered my reasons for voting him, but he has since done so, also mets claim helps me to believe his, on the other hand both mets and lootifer could be the mafia, and this whole vanilla townie X thing an elaborate hoax i throw this idea out there because it occured to me and i thought why not share, but with what i believe hints from others i think its more likely that they are telling the truth.
as to hotshot, not sure how to respond, i feel that i'm playing the same as in other games, actually a bit more active than i have in others.

And yet you stoll say so little... either just agreeing with other people or leaving posts like the one above that, while not two sentences, still does not contribite anything to the conversation. Which is what has been happening all game with you... with every game with you

Nark, are you saying that this is how greg usually plays, so that I shouldn't have him as my main suspect at this moment? Everyone else seems to have a somewhat reasonable argument so far, except maybe mets (or some people say virus, though I'm not as suspicious of him yet.... but he could be.)

Sadly, yes... He seems to always play like this. A wallflower, bandwagoner, whatever you may want to call it. But, no, it is not shocking that this is his behavior. However, it IS irritating.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby kratos644 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
kratos644 wrote:What about my info doesn't jive with others? It is confirmed by others info and it certainly fits perfectly with it.

It sounds the other way around. It sounds more like mets doesn't think what virus has been saying doesn't line up with what we have confirmed. I haven't actually hard claimed but to anyone paying attention it should be obvious who I am after Mets and Loot's claims. I have five people I currently trust as not being the recruiter. They could be mafia but we want to get the recruiter. I'm not sure I believe Virus at the moment but has at least claimed. I wouldn't mind the day cop on either Jonty, Greg, or hotshot right now. One of those three has to be our day cop so if the day cop uses it on one of those two it will be between virus and the leftover for recruiter in theory
Major kratos644

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:11 pm

kratos644 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

It sounds the other way around. It sounds more like mets doesn't think what virus has been saying doesn't line up with what we have confirmed. I haven't actually hard claimed but to anyone paying attention it should be obvious who I am after Mets and Loot's claims. I have five people I currently trust as not being the recruiter. They could be mafia but we want to get the recruiter. I'm not sure I believe Virus at the moment but has at least claimed. I wouldn't mind the day cop on either Jonty, Greg, or hotshot right now. One of those three has to be our day cop so if the day cop uses it on one of those two it will be between virus and the leftover for recruiter in theory

Why are you including jonty in there, rather than mets? While I'm not highly suspisious of mets right now, he hasn't said anything to convince me he's town yet, either... while jonty has the post restriction to say his faction every time, which is town. (Of course apparently mafia don't have to obey it... so I guess he could just be lying too... so I guess that doesn't prove anything after all).
Major HotShot53

Postby kratos644 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:34 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
kratos644 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

Why are you including jonty in there, rather than mets? While I'm not highly suspisious of mets right now, he hasn't said anything to convince me he's town yet, either... while jonty has the post restriction to say his faction every time, which is town. (Of course apparently mafia don't have to obey it... so I guess he could just be lying too... so I guess that doesn't prove anything after all).

That last part is exactly why I have included Jonty in there. Mets claimed and it lines up which is why I didn't include him
Major kratos644

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Wouldn't it be grand if Loot revealed his original PM to cement himself as town just after the night in which he got recruited?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:42 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Wouldn't it be grand if Loot revealed his original PM to cement himself as town just after the night in which he got recruited?

Erm. This is enough of a possibility that I'll UNVOTE until James reveals the daycop result.

Postby JamesKer1 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:Wouldn't it be grand if Loot revealed his original PM to cement himself as town just after the night in which he got recruited?

Erm. This is enough of a possibility that I'll UNVOTE until James reveals the daycop result.

Actions not sent in yet that would cause this "day cop" post. The only deadline is to get it to me in time enough to receive it and post a scene before the day ends.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby jonty125 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:40 am

virus90 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:Yeah, it doesn't really make sense to me either -- but isn't that what this game is about? Perhaps James has some weird things thrown in there -- like, town are automatically converted to mafia at a certain point, or mafia automatically die. You have to think outside the box for this game.

you claimed you did not get it and now your miraculously got it and at the same time, being VT 2?

FOS big time your way

FOS virus, for skimming. Mets clearly indicates in his post that he's unsure, how there can be a guaranteed number of mafia on a certain day (that is not one), but he just accepts and moves on, not claim to not get it then get it as you state.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Lootifer on Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Not sure if I understand your meaning. Do you mean what X is?

I doubt anyone would be silly enough to claim as another VT right now so I am happy to share it. I was just waiting a few days after your case on Virus to see what happened (he claimed, and didnt claim VT, that was the main thing I was waiting on).

X = 3.

Also something that has been nagging at me all along:

-> Spiesrs role is/was incredibly powerful
-> VTs have extra information
-> Mafia doesnt look to be able to kill
-> There was only one mafia on D1
-> There seems to be plenty of other PRs bouncing about, all of them at least in some way useful for town
-> We have as much role information as the mafia

-> I have a feeling our day-cop is also our mafia recruiter
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Anarkistsdream on Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Lootifer wrote:

I doubt anyone would be silly enough to claim as another VT right now so I am happy to share it. I was just waiting a few days after your case on Virus to see what happened (he claimed, and didnt claim VT, that was the main thing I was waiting on).

X = 3.

-> There seems to be plenty of other PRs bouncing about, all of them at least in some way useful for town

That just blew my mind.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Lootifer wrote:

X = 3.

No. What I mean is, I believe that you got this role PM and I have no problems accepting that X = 3 for you. However, that does not clear you as town -- you could have been the recruit last night. It would have been very clever to claim at the beginning of D2 this way after just finding out you've been recruited, because (as jonty states) the claim is too elaborate to fake, and with other VTs to clear you we would accept you as town. However, this analysis also applies to kratos and myself, to an extent.

I really doubt it. If you look at the day scene, the daycop "feared what he had done." Why would a mafia member be afraid of it? It makes more sense that it's a town member who was putting a gun to the head of the town cop :-)

Postby Lootifer on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:19 am

Oh definitely. There is nothing I can do to prove that I did not get recruited last night. But that, I believe, is secondary.

We can lynch as many recruitees as we like, but as long as the recruiter is at large then we still will lose eventually.

Also this daycop, even if hes on our side is a double edged sword. If they publicly pull out another huge PR then we could be proper fucked (losing Spiesr could have already lost us the game). At some point we are seriously going to have to consider lynching Spiesr.

Another option is to use our daycop on Spiesr every day to confirm he's one of us (hopefully Mafia alignment shows up), and then use his investigations as the basis of our hunt.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby HotShot53 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:18 am

Just to let you all know, I'm heading on vacation today for a week... I'll have my laptop and internet access though, so I'll still be checking in every evening and most mornings, just won't be on all day long like I am now.

As Loot says, we need to find the recruiter, I'd not worry about who got recruited yet, that's going to be hard to find anyway, everyone is at risk of that. A recruiter is powerful enough already, I would doubt he has additional rules. He gets roles on his side as he recruits.

For the reasons I have stated before, and to try to get some action going, I'm going to vote my current main suspicion and Vote gregwolf121
Major HotShot53

Postby JamesKer1 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:18 am

Day 2 Vote Count 2:

Spiesr (1): Kratos
Gregwolf (1): HotShot

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

I'm back. This day has definitely gone on long enough, deadline set for Wednesday, Dec. 3 at 00:00:00 CCT. (Midnight on Wednesday for EST)
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby kratos644 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:00 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:Day 2 Vote Count 2:

Spiesr (1): Kratos
Gregwolf (1): HotShot

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

I'm back. This day has definitely gone on long enough, deadline set for Wednesday, Dec. 3 at 00:00:00 CCT. (Midnight on Wednesday for EST)

Unvote, forgot my vote was still on Spiesr. If we could have our daycop either inform us that his ability was one shot and he no longer has it or if he could use his ability that would be immensely helpful in us knowing that he is out there still. Otherwise I will probably have to go with Gregwolf because he was on my list of people we need to investigate and he's been pretty silent.
Major kratos644

Postby Lootifer on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Isnt Wednesday the 4th? Lol
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby gregwolf121 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:41 pm

sorry was out of town with limited internet access, but most people today seem to be relying on the daycop to tell us what to do, however i believe that the day cop was a one time thing, at least the part where it is announced to the whole town, either that or they are unsure of what to do, i believe this because on day 1 it was used rather quickly but today it wasn't been used yet and the deadline is drawing near.
@hotshot why am i your current suspect. from what i remember you said you couldn't get a read on me
Captain gregwolf121

Postby virus90 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Lootifer wrote:Isnt Wednesday the 4th? Lol

i think he means Wednesday 3 December 2014 gives us another year:P
Major virus90

Postby spiesr on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:36 pm

A question for the mod:
If a player changed alignment from town to scum as the result of another player's night action; and a role that detects alignment investigated that player the same night what result would that investigator get? Town or scum?
Captain spiesr

Postby JamesKer1 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:53 pm

spiesr wrote:A question for the mod:
If a player changed alignment from town to scum as the result of another player's night action; and a role that detects alignment investigated that player the same night what result would that investigator get? Town or scum?

Town Mafia XXXXX would show up on any investigations that have been converted.

Here's my lineup for Night Actions, assuming all of these exist.

Block (Roleblocker)
Question (Philosopher)/Restrict (?????)
Protect (Doc/????)/Revive (Full Time/One Shot)
Kill (Vig, Mafia, JOAT, PGO, Other)
Convert (Cult Leader/Mafia Recruiter)
Investigate/Watch/Track
Miscellaneous JOAT Powers

If a JOAT exists and decides to use a power similar to another PR, then the power will be used in unison as the similar ability.

Also note that some roles may be modified, so this is a general line up and not every role is listed but all are vaguely described.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:14 am

gregwolf121 wrote:sorry was out of town with limited internet access, but most people today seem to be relying on the daycop to tell us what to do, however i believe that the day cop was a one time thing, at least the part where it is announced to the whole town, either that or they are unsure of what to do, i believe this because on day 1 it was used rather quickly but today it wasn't been used yet and the deadline is drawing near.
@hotshot why am i your current suspect. from what i remember you said you couldn't get a read on me

Holy crap... I AGREE with Greg! :?
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:26 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:sorry was out of town with limited internet access, but most people today seem to be relying on the daycop to tell us what to do, however i believe that the day cop was a one time thing, at least the part where it is announced to the whole town, either that or they are unsure of what to do, i believe this because on day 1 it was used rather quickly but today it wasn't been used yet and the deadline is drawing near.

Holy crap... I AGREE with Greg! :?

Well, regardless of the reason, we're bumping up against the deadline and I don't think we can afford a D2 no-lynch.

VOTE virus90

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives