Conquer Club

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia (16/20) - Day 3: Christmas Kid

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:14 am

If the princess is killed, how can it be bad for both Gallia & Empire? Does it make a third party win or something?

Somehow we have to find this "Jean Townshend" and lynch him... we're having a hard enough time even finding our first scum, let alone a random third party... somehow I'm not too confident in succeeding with this.

As far as the game mechanic, I like it, otherwise we'd spend 2 weeks to get a no lynch every day and be pretty boring. As it is now, it starts with 16 votes needed, so we have a week to figure things out before a lynch is reasonably possible, and another couple days before things get risky. While it's not always an optimal lynch, at least something is happening. I still think lynching the politician wasn't a bad lynch, he probably would have turned traitor or third party sooner or later.
Major HotShot53

Postby new guy1 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:37 pm

FloresDelMal wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:I vote yay... I love it... I will have it in any game with more than 10 people... it has killed two townsfolk, but it is about learning to be more cautious with votes, and brings about more intense role-playing. It is a game, and it should be challenging... it has cost us two townsfolk, but it is so much more intriguing

QFT and also YAY!! sure it can be tricky, but it makes for a much more dynamic game experience, it keep us on our toes, and in the same way that we made 2 wrong lynchs on a row, we could get 2 or more right too, so i truly believe that we need to take responsibility for our votes, own the importance of our actions, and stop blamming the system, because the system is genius, if we didn't have this system we could be stuck asking for replacement and modkills every single day.

Now about the princess, i think our best bet atm is to look carefully at the people that pressured the claim of virus, over all after he claimed princess, we need to look closely to the ppl who kept pushing a "full" claim in an obviously town role (seriously, that information only benefited scum).

Merry Xmas everybody!! :D

While I agree that it is us, not the system, I must also say our two lynches were on active players who contributed to conversation. I would almost rather replacements and modkills, because I dont think everyone is posting, regardless of if we have a ticking time bomb or not. It is dynamic, but I will inquire now: MM, will this be the remainder of the game, or just today? I feel like I read the answer somewhere, but honestly I cant remember what the answer was. Another point, though, is that there are alot of holidays plus a weekend coming up in 2 days, which means I can see inactivity being a problem. Yes, you can make the point that people will still be inactive with the old system, but at least we can account for that and dont have to also have the possibility of a speed lynch when we are in crunch time.

If the system we choose is for the rest of the game, then I will change my vote to YAY if I can, as I do like the system and would like to use it for the rest of the game, I think we should just be a little better at it before we add more risks to the table.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:46 pm

HotShot53 wrote:If the princess is killed, how can it be bad for both Gallia & Empire? Does it make a third party win or something?

Somehow we have to find this "Jean Townshend" and lynch him... we're having a hard enough time even finding our first scum, let alone a random third party... somehow I'm not too confident in succeeding with this.

As far as the game mechanic, I like it, otherwise we'd spend 2 weeks to get a no lynch every day and be pretty boring. As it is now, it starts with 16 votes needed, so we have a week to figure things out before a lynch is reasonably possible, and another couple days before things get risky. While it's not always an optimal lynch, at least something is happening. I still think lynching the politician wasn't a bad lynch, he probably would have turned traitor or third party sooner or later.

Well, I got fastposted, but it didnt tell me so I didnt get to respond. It is true that it sounded like jonty could have switched, and so that lynch kind of wasnt as much of a loss. I can see you're arguments that the new system encourages activity, but I feel like we only got more activity from those who were already posting. I dont know for a fact, but Im quite sure that not everyone posted Day 2, which shows that there are still inactives, theres just more posts from the collective group of people posting anyways. At this point in time, it is looking like YAY will be our system anyways. I dont mind either option, just preferred the old one.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:08 pm

The vote is to decide the voting system for the remainder of the game. Don't forget I'll be posting daily vote counts once the number reaches 10 or under.

I'm determined to keep this game going through the holiday season, especially as the two games I'm a player in seem to have died on their feet due to mod inactivity. Friends, this will not happen here, for I am determined to be best mod who doesn't disappear randomly.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:08 pm

Jean Townshend

Who is this person? What is their alliance? Are they darcsen, are they empire, or are they other?

What are the character possibilities, role types and the like?

Lastly, if what was claimed about the princess is true, then she is a Cleric, ie, can't cast the hammer vote... So, while it would suck to lose her, it would suck way more if she were a beloved princess. Either way, I don't see how the Empire would care one way or the other whether or not she lives... What do they have to gain by keeping her alive? In fact, it seems to me that NOT lynching this Townshend person would be more advantageous as it would auto-kill a townie- the princess, and they would get their night to raise more hell.

Anybody with any thoughts?
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby nagerous on Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:25 pm

Yay, why not.
Captain nagerous

Postby rishaed on Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:36 pm

If it is for the rest of the game, I will also vote Yay instead of nay. I think Flores has a decent point about where to start, but I will go deeper in that tomorrow. Today has been tiring and besides its CHRISTMAS! :)
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:07 am

Is there a reason James hasn't been replaced yet? He has unfortunately been missing for weeks from conquerclub, including the game he was modding... so he really should be replaced. Anyone else who hasn't posted by the weekend should be prodded/replaced also... hopefully we can keep this game active.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas :)
Major HotShot53

Postby FloresDelMal on Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:44 am

Appointed to lead the diplomatic mission to Gallia at an uncommonly young age, Cordelia's kidnapping was decided upon in secret by the Federation's high council and enacted by Townshend, supported by a cadre of elite operatives.

Despite the Federation's official support for Archduchess Cordelia as the legitimate leader of Gallia, Townshend brokered a deal with Gilbert Gassenarl that would see Gallia join the Federation should the GRA succeed in its rebellion

To me it sounds like an scum group, anyway i find narks point very interesting, i am not good at balance, what role do you think townshend could be?
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:51 pm

16 players left.

James MIA and needs replacement.

With such a wide net of players someone seeing something important is minimal at best. The only hope I can see is if someone was smart enough to observe the Princess in some capacity. Everyone has not commented or posted. Unless something materializes it will once again be a guessing game.

If the Princess is not found what are the ramifications?

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby new guy1 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:17 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:16 players left.

James MIA and needs replacement.

With such a wide net of players someone seeing something important is minimal at best. The only hope I can see is if someone was smart enough to observe the Princess in some capacity. Everyone has not commented or posted. Unless something materializes it will once again be a guessing game.

If the Princess is not found what are the ramifications?

Thats the question. I would guess if the princess operates like a beloved princess then we will lose a day and it could possibly be someone's WC. Those are the only ones I can think of, as anything else is something the mod came up with (or something I cant guess from the characters [I dont know how to say what Im thinking]). Well, I think if we dont have any more posts in a day or two, we need to start thinking in the mindset of "Nobody has information, we need to do day 1 again".
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:44 pm

It is 3pm here... give me until tonight, when I come back to take my turns... I have been thinking a lot about this game, and I have some ideas... no time now though
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby new guy1 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:It is 3pm here... give me until tonight, when I come back to take my turns... I have been thinking a lot about this game, and I have some ideas... no time now though

No rush, Im just trying to add on to my post so its not just one thought at a time. We just need to think about starting the game back up within the next couple days o.O
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ga7 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:11 pm

f*ck, forum ate my post after too long inactivity. CC IS STUPEHD

Yay, would have picked nay if it was only for today but let's face it, with 14 players to pick from we have pretty low odds to start with, it'd be easier to hit scum randomly, and I do think the system is good to avoid days dragging too much. Frankly I'd prefer if we could pick at the start of every day, as I'm worried it could give way too much of an edge for scum at endgame, it really seems like a double-edged sword depending on the situation at hand.

Anyway, the scenes and reading more on the background made me realize there could be more factions at hand than I first thought of, and it's quite possible the princess' death would act as a "partial beloved", favouring only the GRA rebellion/federation, maybe with an extra kill or something. Which makes me think we now had 2 nights with only one kill, so I wonder if it wouldn't fit this to be a third party faction with no killing abilities. If that's the case, I think it was ultimately a good thing lynching jonty, as I kinda doubt his character would have stayed town, and while mafia politician is a fucking awful role for balance's sake, it would have made sense as a third party jerk.

Of course, that's all in hindsight so meh I need to reread last day and find the wagonners and scumariners such as myself :mrgreen: In any case, this game starts to remind me of a certain Star Wars game so I'll Vote Nag on the off chance he's the right pick and because of his very weak first post today (lessee if you remember that, punk ;))

ps: Melchie where are you =P~

pps: first day of holidays FINALLY YEHHH! Also I'm tipsy.
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby virus90 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Please save my sorry soul from the barbarians who captured me! I was just doing my hair and then someone attacked me from behind! I only heard the noise when it was to late. Got a bag over my head and was dragged away. Gagged so i could not scream, i kicked around and tried to resist but the attackers were to strong. I did manage to hear them say: bring her to Jean Townshend, but i dont know where they took me. Save me, please do! i will personally knight the person who saves me!

(disclaimer: i dont know anything else then you do, and was allowed to post 1 scene like a help cry, do not put any value to anything posted, its just for your amusement:P i am also muted for the rest of the day, (or game?)
go get the person responsible for my capture! GL and enjoy:)
Major virus90

Postby Minister Masket on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:02 pm

JamesKer and TWO are being replaced.

Private Minister Masket

Postby rishaed on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:13 am

ga7 wrote:f*ck, forum ate my post after too long inactivity. CC IS STUPEHD

Yay, would have picked nay if it was only for today but let's face it, with 14 players to pick from we have pretty low odds to start with, it'd be easier to hit scum randomly, and I do think the system is good to avoid days dragging too much. Frankly I'd prefer if we could pick at the start of every day, as I'm worried it could give way too much of an edge for scum at endgame, it really seems like a double-edged sword depending on the situation at hand.

Anyway, the scenes and reading more on the background made me realize there could be more factions at hand than I first thought of, and it's quite possible the princess' death would act as a "partial beloved", favouring only the GRA rebellion/federation, maybe with an extra kill or something. Which makes me think we now had 2 nights with only one kill, so I wonder if it wouldn't fit this to be a third party faction with no killing abilities. If that's the case, I think it was ultimately a good thing lynching jonty, as I kinda doubt his character would have stayed town, and while mafia politician is a fucking awful role for balance's sake, it would have made sense as a third party jerk.

Of course, that's all in hindsight so meh I need to reread last day and find the wagonners and scumariners such as myself :mrgreen: In any case, this game starts to remind me of a certain Star Wars game so I'll Vote Nag on the off chance he's the right pick and because of his very weak first post today (lessee if you remember that, punk ;))

ps: Melchie where are you =P~

pps: first day of holidays FINALLY YEHHH! Also I'm tipsy.

I will also Vote Nag looking back both he and gregwolf fit the full claim criteria set out by Flores, (a good starting point) and he's already got a vote on himself. That and his posts have had little to contribute so i think its partially justified.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Anarkistsdream on Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:33 pm

So, here we go... My list of thoughts and stuff...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
We are all assuming Jonty would have flipped. Maybe that is to make those of you who voted for him feel a little better, or maybe it is you scum trying to rationalize it to town... Either way, the fact is that, at the time of his death, Jonty was town, and I think it is highly important that those of us who are town go back through that lynch and see what we can make of it. (I will sometime later today)

As much as I hate to say, "I would like to wait." I really would like to wait and here from the replacements of James and TWO... At least before we try and take any huge steps... The same people have been vocal through the whole game, and I would like to hear from some new blood.

Virus not being able to post is a HUGE hindrance to this day. He is certainly as vocal as me, and has been bringing up very good points. This means that the rest of the town needs to step it up... There are a few ways we can attain this:
1) We can actually talk about our abilities. I hate to say this, because I don't want to give too much info out, but it seems fair to say that a large majority of us have multiple abilities, which unlock as the days progress. I ASSUME some of us have some fairly cool powers that would greatly benefit the town, and we may have to use them in UNISON to get the appropriate response- Townshends death. It is something to discuss, in any case.
2) Keep doing things the way we are doing them. This is the BAD idea, as we have been sucking.
3) Maybe one of you already has a bead on Townshend OR the princess... If you do, you need to come forward... Maybe subtly at first, but do NOT let people be blind to your hints... This day could already put us at a Lynch or Lose scenario, as we are unsure what happens if we do NOT save Virus.

Nagerous... A good solid internet friend who I think I have come to know decently, especially in his play style of Mafia. I am QUITE intrigued at his lack of posting, but, at this point, what really gets me is his
nagerous wrote:Yay, why not.

Scum would LOVE to have the days continue on as they do... It is assisting them greatly in this game. Now, in future games, we will be more aware of it.. .Hell, in the future of THIS game, we will be more ready for it. But, admittedly, this has been a hard game due to the voting system (which I still love for previous given reasons) In any case, Nagerous blithely threw his vote in without so much as a reacharound... His previous posts have lacked substance also... Now, it is Christmas and I know several of us are pretty much drunk the whole holiday season, but... C'mon, Nag... Make me BELIEVE... Like Justin Bieber...

Vote: Nagerous

Second to last, Townshend appears to be Federation, correct? He was the Federation ambassador to Gallia, where Cordelia was soon to be in charge? Anybody stop me if I am wrong. So, the Federation=Empire, right? Assuming we are looking at this from a Star Wars point of view? So, if anybody has any Federation Investigation powers, this would be the time to use them.

And, finally, I will repost my last thought from my previous post, as it still is just as disconcerting to me.
Lastly, if what was claimed about the princess is true, then she is a Cleric, ie, can't cast the hammer vote... So, while it would suck to lose her, it would suck way more if she were a beloved princess. Either way, I don't see how the Empire would care one way or the other whether or not she lives... What do they have to gain by keeping her alive? In fact, it seems to me that NOT lynching this Townshend person would be more advantageous as it would auto-kill a townie- the princess, and they would get their night to raise more hell.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Minister Masket on Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:Second to last, Townshend appears to be Federation, correct? He was the Federation ambassador to Gallia, where Cordelia was soon to be in charge? Anybody stop me if I am wrong. So, the Federation=Empire, right? Assuming we are looking at this from a Star Wars point of view? So, if anybody has any Federation Investigation powers, this would be the time to use them.

I feel I should answer this since it's to do with the theme.

Short answer: No.
Long answer: No, you blithering clot. Everything should be clear from the synopsis post on page 1. Your Star Wars comparison is useless; think more in terms of WW2. Federation is Allies (except more nefarious), Empire is Axis (still racist), and Gallia is like Belgium (Neutral, but more bad-ass).

Private Minister Masket

Postby Anarkistsdream on Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Minister Masket wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:Second to last, Townshend appears to be Federation, correct? He was the Federation ambassador to Gallia, where Cordelia was soon to be in charge? Anybody stop me if I am wrong. So, the Federation=Empire, right? Assuming we are looking at this from a Star Wars point of view? So, if anybody has any Federation Investigation powers, this would be the time to use them.

I feel I should answer this since it's to do with the theme.

Short answer: No.
Long answer: No, you blithering clot. Everything should be clear from the synopsis post on page 1. Your Star Wars comparison is useless; think more in terms of WW2. Federation is Allies (except more nefarious), Empire is Axis (still racist), and Gallia is like Belgium (Neutral, but more bad-ass).

So, this confirms ga7's suspicions that we certainly will have AT LEAST 3 factions in the game... That also makes me ASSUME that his thoughts on what will happen if we do NOT save Cordelia are correct. It may not be a Beloved princess in the grandiose sense, but it will certainly mean a huge advantage to the Empire.

So, if I view this as WWII, it really seems like both the Federation AND the Empire are evil... So, the only people that can be trusted are Gallians... However, Jonty's character came up blue, and he was NOT Gallian, so maybe we DO only have two or three factions, but the characters making up that faction may not be all huggy kissy with one another...
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:46 pm

The million dollar question is how do we whittle down the pool of players to lynch the right player?

We have had only two nights. Some Town have one set of question marked powers and some have two. Powers open up the longer people survive. With only two nights some players may not have received actions till night two. Some maybe not at all.
Some also have traditional roles that do not need to be activated.

With 4 Town dead and several factions so far Gallians are the only ones killed. I would be curious what the ratio may be of "good' vs "bad".

The good news is Federation must save the princess as well so it will be in their best interest to work with Town.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:06 pm

*cough* Empire..... At this point I'm not sure which is the greater evil, the Empire or the Federation, they both want to devour Gallia whole which is apart from Gallias best interests. Because only Gallians have died, I'd wager nine times out of ten that if it is crucial to the Federations WC they might bus a lesser role if things get hairy for the one we need to lynch. This makes our needle in a haystack even harder to get.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:54 pm

rishaed wrote:*cough* Empire..... At this point I'm not sure which is the greater evil, the Empire or the Federation, they both want to devour Gallia whole which is apart from Gallias best interests. Because only Gallians have died, I'd wager nine times out of ten that if it is crucial to the Federations WC they might bus a lesser role if things get hairy for the one we need to lynch. This makes our needle in a haystack even harder to get.

How exactly would they bus someone during the day?

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Anarkistsdream on Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:The million dollar question is how do we whittle down the pool of players to lynch the right player?

Use our powers

We have had only two nights.

Yes

Some Town have one set of question marked powers and some have two.

This is an assumption, and, as such, I mark as dubious or fallacious... You seem to think this is the case, saying it in such a way that it occurs to me maybe you don't actually know WHAT town roles look like... I am sure there is another player out there who can catch onto this like I did... Your views of town roles has been the one killed on day one and the one killed on day 2... What about those of us who have three or four?

Powers open up the longer people survive. With only two nights some players may not have received actions till night two. Some maybe not at all.

This I would agree with

Some also have traditional roles that do not need to be activated.

What do you mean by this? Who, so far, has had a traditional role? You mean like Jonty being a politician? That is true, but you will still see multiple levels of unopened abilities on every character, so I don't know what help you are actually providing town.

With 4 Town dead and several factions so far Gallians are the only ones killed. I would be curious what the ratio may be of "good' vs "bad".

As would I

The good news is Federation must save the princess as well so it will be in their best interest to work with Town.

Why must they? In fact, the Gallians would be weakened and in a much more likely place to JOIN the Federation if she were dead. What do they "lose" if she is killed? In fact, the man who abducted her WORKS for the Federation!

I would still like to hear what Nagerous has to say about his whimsical play style and what his actual thoughts are about the game, but, at this time, I believe Iron Butterfly actually deserves my vote more than he does.

Strong FOS: IB
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby FloresDelMal on Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:44 pm

ok, i just arrived to my in laws and ill have 3 family meals in the next days, and restricted access to a PC so i will do my best for stay active, but i need to keep it to the point, nag has been behaving in the same exact noncommiting way he did on cinoville, where he was scum, and he did pressure virus to full claim so atm he seems to be the best option Vote Nag

Fos Anarks a mass claim will only benefit scum, they will be able to take the pick of the most powerful roles and we will be at end game on the blink of an eye, a claim of ones abilities is only justified if we can not make an strong case in another way, so if someone have information about the kidnapper, the best option is try to make a case against this person first, and if that doesnt work just then say the action that backs up your argument if we can learn anything from this situation is that reckless claiming as virus did only brings trouble.
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives