Conquer Club

The Whitechapel Murderer- GAME OVER - TOWN WON

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Whitechapel Murderer- Day 3 starts on page 28

Postby nagerous on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:36 am

Back from Paris, and thanks for clearing me :)

I agree that new guy seems the best option for a lynch, and he should claim as soon as possible due to the rapidly dropping vote count, I will also refrain from voting him for now.

I think nebu would be a good target for the next investigation, something about the note is a little fishy and does warrant further inspection.
Captain nagerous

Postby Anarkistsdream on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:14 am

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Neb (1) - ?
New Guy1 (3) - Strike wolf, virus90, Neb

And since it has been two days since any activity, the number is DROPPING BY ONE!

With 10 alive, it takes FIVE (5) to lynch!
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby strike wolf on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:36 am

Can we get a prod on New guy? I don't think the day will really advance until he can make a post. Secondly, I'd like to hear IB speak up. I've seen you post in other threads but nothing really in this one.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:46 am

I think he is scummaring to his own demise. That's one thing I like about this voting mechanism, it keeps this tactic ineffective.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:52 pm

newguy disappeared from the other game also... so unfortunately I don't know if he'll show up to defend himself or not. I guess he has until the vote countdown drops on him to show up or be lynched. At this point, would it be too late for a replacement if he doesn't show up in the next couple days?
Major HotShot53

Postby Anarkistsdream on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:55 pm

He has responded to me, and says he will make a post by morning.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby strike wolf on Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:33 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I think he is scummaring to his own demise. That's one thing I like about this voting mechanism, it keeps this tactic ineffective.

While I don't completely disagree with this tactic, I would still rather get their defense before lynching them while inactive.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby benga on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:02 pm

strike wolf wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I think he is scummaring to his own demise. That's one thing I like about this voting mechanism, it keeps this tactic ineffective.

While I don't completely disagree with this tactic, I would still rather get their defense before lynching them while inactive.

this, no need to rush and I can hammer him alone :D
Sergeant benga

Postby virus90 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:06 pm

not looking forward to another scenario of voting someone on 2 votes
Major virus90

Postby benga on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:27 pm

virus90 wrote:not looking forward to another scenario of voting someone on 2 votes

or maybe you are :lol:
Sergeant benga

Postby strike wolf on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:32 pm

benga wrote:
virus90 wrote:not looking forward to another scenario of voting someone on 2 votes

or maybe you are :lol:

I have to admit that the comment was a bit ironic coming from Virus.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby virus90 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:53 pm

you know its a hard decision. i had no clue who he was, but was afraid to die myself... and i wasnt planning on dieing just yet :P but i get the irony :P
Major virus90

Postby strike wolf on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:17 pm

And to be fair, I agreed with the decision. I believe I would do the same in your situation. I just still find it a bit ironic (yes yes different situation I know).

Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:46 am

Want to let you guys know I am up to date now. I have had one hell of a 5 day time frame, and I have just had no time for this game or the other. I am trying to make a post in the other game as well. I dont remember all the statements, but I know that a point was that I havent really contributed. I agree I havent been playing the best town game, but the reason I havent been posting as much is because I have been having sporadic inactive periods. That is really the only thing I can say in defense to that. I have not come out with a case of my own, but neither have alot of people in this game. Im not going to list examples, because there are currently 15 players alive (if the sheet on the op is correct), and I know they havent all posted a case. I have only had the joke vote because it is tradition to place one, and the "easy bandwagon vote" was on someone that was the best case of that day, so what were you expecting me to do? I have remained neutral in the game for the most part because I DONT want to have attention on me. Here I am holding the game up for a solid 48-72 hours BECAUSE attention fell on me. I give brief overviews of current events because thats how I show I am active and trying to give an opinion. I believe my format is more like "This old case, here is my final take on it" followed by "The current cases look like ____ and then if I feel strongly on anyone then I will vote them. I have neutral opinions because my opinions usually arent strongly towards any option. Its either neutral or I vote them. I rarely even say "this person seems town" unless it gets down to few players due to the fact I look for the negatives and if there is enough there that I want to vote them, then I will. Besides, the example you gave about mets and nag included my reasoning, which I feel is pretty logical reasoning. Im not the type to throw my vote all over the place. Can it be called scummarining when you could have looked at my profile and at one point seen that I was not online for a solid 3-4 days? I feel like it is understood that if Im not getting on to check either game that I am inactive, not scummarining.

virus90 wrote:
benga wrote:who cleared you wolfie?

and virus was the one that hammered mets...

You make it sound like a bad thing.
i still stand by that decision, what would you have done? besides. in my opinion it turned out good, the alliance of moriaty has been doubtfull ever since the beginning of the game, i think town is helped by his death.

to me strikewolfs list is accurate, dont know about strikewolf himself, but his opinions on others i have to agree for the biggest part. My biggest leads at the moment are newguy for scummarining, and benga, because the doublevote might be a maffia ability in my opinion. but bengas play so far is not very scummy in my opinion so i guess he is probably town.

i dont know what to think of strikewolf, day 1 if i remember correctly i had a case against you and DY recommended not to vote you. Why did DY do that? he already had used his daycop ability to clear you... i still dont understand how DY could have known if strike was town.. it bothers me for weeks already but so far did not want to call it out.

the whole note thing of nebs also bothers me, i just dont get it...

well anyway:
vote newguy thats the conclusion for now

I would like to point out that virus got away without giving one reason as to why he was voting me. Blatant bandwagon vote. I cant remember if he is claimed or was only "cleared" by DY.

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Ebwop: And I'm serious Neb, if you feel like you have a case against me, I'd rather hear it now and defend myself than just hear vague comments about how I haven't appeared very pro-town.

No case for now...I don't want to derail the newguy wagon.

Speaking of new guy, I can get on board his case. He's been sparse in his contributions, and rather noncommittal in anything. Not a great case, but my Nag case got blown up, so this is all i have to go on.

VOTE New guy1

So where are your new reasons for your votes? Cause you did what I did when I voted for Benga, just listed a few more reasons that were already there.

Now for my claim, because I dont want to be speed hammered. I am Prince Albert Victor. My role is Governor. Nothing special, just stop one lynch. I sent in a mail to stop a lynch on me if it had happened, but it hasnt quite yet. I dont know if I can protect myself, but I asked him about it in the same mail. If I can tell you (dont know why I wouldnt be allowed) then I will when I know. If I cant protect myself, then I guess I wouldnt blame you guys for sticking with a lynch on me, but I would think it might be better to let me prove my role (I might be biased). Thats all for now, I have another game to type for too.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby virus90 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:22 am

unvote, to make sure you dont get killed by the day itself.
by the time i voted you 3 days ago it was to put some pressure on, at that time with like 8 votes it did not matter much, now we are getting close to the same shit as day 2 with the countdown.
about your role newguy, is it only a day lynch you can stop or also a night "lynch"?
Major virus90

Postby new guy1 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:57 am

virus90 wrote:unvote, to make sure you dont get killed by the day itself.
by the time i voted you 3 days ago it was to put some pressure on, at that time with like 8 votes it did not matter much, now we are getting close to the same shit as day 2 with the countdown.
about your role newguy, is it only a day lynch you can stop or also a night "lynch"?

Thank you for the unvote. I understand the motive behind your vote, but still you did not post it there, so I had to point it out. I can only stop a day lynch, or at least I would assume. If I could stop a night "lynch" then I would be a doc, right?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:20 am

new guy1 wrote:
virus90 wrote:unvote, to make sure you dont get killed by the day itself.

Thank you for the unvote. I understand the motive behind your vote, but still you did not post it there, so I had to point it out. I can only stop a day lynch, or at least I would assume. If I could stop a night "lynch" then I would be a doc, right?

Governor? Yay. A rather useless role in this game, if you ask me...except to stop your own lynch, which still doesn't prove your town.

I'm willing to test the claim...after all, he'll save himself, if he's not lying.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:41 am

OK...I am back. It amazes me all the bs flying around here. I am Sgt William Thick. I am a body guard. I protect someone at the cost of my own. Night one I protected Doom. Night two I protected Hotshot. So I really have nothing to offer except to act as a meat shield.

Something has been really bothering me. Why would a faction block Doom when they could just as easily kill him? Why go through that trouble when they can so easily be detected? One could argue it is to make him look bad but does not take away from the fact that he is a dangerous role to allow to live.

Second a blocker implies there is a bigger group then just a serial killer. Why waste time blocking when you can kill?

I also agree that a Governor role seems useless.

With two cop roles exposed, one on day one and one on day two someone had to watch or track.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby strike wolf on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:55 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:OK...I am back. It amazes me all the bs flying around here. I am Sgt William Thick. I am a body guard. I protect someone at the cost of my own. Night one I protected Doom. Night two I protected Hotshot. So I really have nothing to offer except to act as a meat shield.

Something has been really bothering me. Why would a faction block Doom when they could just as easily kill him? Why go through that trouble when they can so easily be detected? One could argue it is to make him look bad but does not take away from the fact that he is a dangerous role to allow to live.

Second a blocker implies there is a bigger group then just a serial killer. Why waste time blocking when you can kill?

With two cop roles exposed, one on day one and one on day two someone had to watch or track.

We have a confirmed cult as long as you believe Hotshot's post who probably recruited Doom night 1. Why not kill him? The mafia would expect a doctor protection on him which would stop the kill, it wouldn't stop the role block. A non-killed town power role. The person could claim they were attempting to protect if they were caught.

Now onto New Guy.

new guy1 wrote:Want to let you guys know I am up to date now. I have had one hell of a 5 day time frame, and I have just had no time for this game or the other. I am trying to make a post in the other game as well. I dont remember all the statements, but I know that a point was that I havent really contributed. I agree I havent been playing the best town game, but the reason I havent been posting as much is because I have been having sporadic inactive periods.

I have taken this into account. It's the only reason I am not pressing you harder than I have been.

new guy1 wrote:That is really the only thing I can say in defense to that. I have not come out with a case of my own, but neither have alot of people in this game. I'm not going to list examples, because there are currently 15 players alive (if the sheet on the op is correct), and I know they havent all posted a case.

True but out of the non-cleared list, you are the only one all of these things apply to.

new guy1 wrote: I have only had the joke vote because it is tradition to place one, and the "easy bandwagon vote" was on someone that was the best case of that day, so what were you expecting me to do?

Best case of the day is opinion based but I'm okay with the defense of why you were on the case.

new guy1 wrote:I have remained neutral in the game for the most part because I DONT want to have attention on me. Here I am holding the game up for a solid 48-72 hours BECAUSE attention fell on me.

This just sounds like BS to me. It's easy to say in hindsight and looks scummier than anything. I'm not buying this part of your defense.

new guy1 wrote:I give brief overviews of current events because thats how I show I am active and trying to give an opinion. I believe my format is more like "This old case, here is my final take on it" followed by "The current cases look like ____ and then if I feel strongly on anyone then I will vote them. I have neutral opinions because my opinions usually arent strongly towards any option. Its either neutral or I vote them. I rarely even say "this person seems town" unless it gets down to few players due to the fact I look for the negatives and if there is enough there that I want to vote them, then I will. Besides, the example you gave about mets and nag included my reasoning, which I feel is pretty logical reasoning. Im not the type to throw my vote all over the place. Can it be called scummarining when you could have looked at my profile and at one point seen that I was not online for a solid 3-4 days? I feel like it is understood that if Im not getting on to check either game that I am inactive, not scummarining.

The case has never really been about you scummarining, it's about you pretty much giving nothing to scum reads when you have been here. Being active would have hurt your case if you were still acting like this. Like I said, you being inactive is the only thing that's given you any leniency from my perspective.

new guy1 wrote:
virus90 wrote:
benga wrote:who cleared you wolfie?

and virus was the one that hammered mets...

You make it sound like a bad thing.
i still stand by that decision, what would you have done? besides. in my opinion it turned out good, the alliance of moriaty has been doubtfull ever since the beginning of the game, i think town is helped by his death.

to me strikewolfs list is accurate, dont know about strikewolf himself, but his opinions on others i have to agree for the biggest part. My biggest leads at the moment are newguy for scummarining, and benga, because the doublevote might be a maffia ability in my opinion. but bengas play so far is not very scummy in my opinion so i guess he is probably town.

i dont know what to think of strikewolf, day 1 if i remember correctly i had a case against you and DY recommended not to vote you. Why did DY do that? he already had used his daycop ability to clear you... i still dont understand how DY could have known if strike was town.. it bothers me for weeks already but so far did not want to call it out.

the whole note thing of nebs also bothers me, i just dont get it...

well anyway:
vote newguy thats the conclusion for now

I would like to point out that virus got away without giving one reason as to why he was voting me. Blatant bandwagon vote. I cant remember if he is claimed or was only "cleared" by DY.

This is true.

new guy1 wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Ebwop: And I'm serious Neb, if you feel like you have a case against me, I'd rather hear it now and defend myself than just hear vague comments about how I haven't appeared very pro-town.

No case for now...I don't want to derail the newguy wagon.

Speaking of new guy, I can get on board his case. He's been sparse in his contributions, and rather noncommittal in anything. Not a great case, but my Nag case got blown up, so this is all i have to go on.

VOTE New guy1

So where are your new reasons for your votes? Cause you did what I did when I voted for Benga, just listed a few more reasons that were already there.

Now for my claim, because I dont want to be speed hammered. I am Prince Albert Victor. My role is Governor. Nothing special, just stop one lynch. I sent in a mail to stop a lynch on me if it had happened, but it hasnt quite yet. I dont know if I can protect myself, but I asked him about it in the same mail. If I can tell you (dont know why I wouldnt be allowed) then I will when I know. If I cant protect myself, then I guess I wouldnt blame you guys for sticking with a lynch on me, but I would think it might be better to let me prove my role (I might be biased). Thats all for now, I have another game to type for too.

Eh. This doesn't really compel me to unvote. Worse case scenario we lose a governor. Best case you are lying and we lynch Jack. Most likely case (if you are town) is you save yourself. Prince Albert technically fits but it seems weak.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby virus90 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:02 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:OK...I am back. It amazes me all the bs flying around here. I am Sgt William Thick. I am a body guard. I protect someone at the cost of my own. Night one I protected Doom. Night two I protected Hotshot. So I really have nothing to offer except to act as a meat shield.

so you protected hotshot and got poisoned, you think that that is because hotshot was the target or do you think you were targeted? in other words will you instantly die if you protect someone or get poisoned like what happened last night?

adressing the newguy case
im not convinced by the claim either, and i think its ok to lose him. especially when you realise that we would get a no lynch or a 2-3 vote lynch else. But i wanted to get my vote of, to make sure there was room for discussion and a day update of anark would not kill the discussion before anyone gave a opinion on the case.
Major virus90

Postby kratos644 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:56 pm

Sorry for not posting for awhile. Had finals week and was very busy at work on top of that.
I have a question for Doom about his being role-blocked. You said it was opium that role-blocked you. Was this the case both N1 and N2 or do you know?
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Yea, its the case for both days.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:20 pm

new guy1 wrote: I have remained neutral in the game for the most part because I DONT want to have attention on me. Here I am holding the game up for a solid 48-72 hours BECAUSE attention fell on me.

So you don't want to play?

I am fine with you testing out your role. It doesn't seem like it will help us in this case.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:45 pm

Busy day... Official vote count and all of that in about 4 hours.... maybe 3.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby new guy1 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Cant save myself. I guess you guys are right, I dont like playing as governor because the only lynch I would really know to stop is a speed lynch. Sorry to have wasted the town's day, I was really looking forward to playing this game, but unfortunately life got in the way.
Sergeant new guy1

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives