Conquer Club

The Whitechapel Murderer- GAME OVER - TOWN WON

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Whitechapel Murderer- Day 3 starts on page 28

Postby virus90 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:16 am

benga wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:

Now that everyone has claimed or been cleared, where to go next?

Our only other option is lynching DY as a known third party, but since I think he's pretty harmless now (unless he became the poisoner after being recruited?) I will take the 50-50 chance of finding jack. As Benga was the first suspected, and hasn't contributed much this game, I'll go for him first. unvote vote benga

How do you mean all have been cleared??

If anybody is cleared that's me.

You do the whole quote and out of all find me scummy, where you have virus and neb with ??

and virus tags along (is that again??)

eh need to go and re-read stuff

i think you should reread indeed, the answers to your questions are there...
vote benga
Major virus90

Postby benga on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:19 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:I have virus listed as Hotshot's mason Dr. Watson...which leaves Nagerous as the only "unknown" (but being cleared), leaving us with no clear suspect. If Nagerous is Watson, then I would go after virus as Jack.

are you talking about this?

and last time you hammered Mets to save yourself...
Sergeant benga

Postby virus90 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:24 am

sure i hammered mets to save myself, i guess a doc who knows who the cop is, is more important then any other powerrole, i could not think of a powerrole that would have been more valuable then me, and since chances were that it was going to be me i decided to kill mets, and well turned out he was moriaty. I dont see how i made a bad decision there.

go read some more. as far as we didn't dig your grave your digging it yourself.
Major virus90

Postby benga on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:29 am

virus90 wrote:sure i hammered mets to save myself, i guess a doc who knows who the cop is, is more important then any other powerrole, i could not think of a powerrole that would have been more valuable then me, and since chances were that it was going to be me i decided to kill mets, and well turned out he was moriaty. I dont see how i made a bad decision there.

go read some more. as far as we didn't dig your grave your digging it yourself.

LOL

I did my defense and proven it this day, I really don't see where you proven with some hard evidence yours, don't worry I will go back and read...
Sergeant benga

Postby virus90 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:34 am

first of all your ability might be proven but your allignement is not.
second: hotshot announced i was his masons, his watson.
third: nagerous was cleared by hotshot in the night. so why would sherlock clear his mason?
forth: nagerous claimed tracker
fifth: point 2-4 is right out there in the last 2 pages. thats why i told you to read.
six: so unless you and newguy now counterclaim the sherlock / watson duo i think me and hotshot are it.
seven: go try claim watson / sherlock, could be fun, since i got atleast as many points to prove your not it.
Major virus90

Postby virus90 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:35 am

all of these are in no way meant to be rude or offensive or a attack on your person. just wanted to note that.
Major virus90

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:18 am

kratos644 wrote:As I said earlier, new guy was jailed last night. Unless we have a bus driver, new guy didn't kill anyone. That leaves Benga as a healthy target.

Also IB was poisoned not me

Ah, I forgot you had said you jailed New Guy. That plus benga's responses right now convince me that Benga is most likely jack. He even gets to vote as jack as ? lol.

If we are correct that benga is jack, that leaves us with the poisoner. At the moment I have no good leads on that, other than maybe DY after being converted became a poisoner, or that gregwolf tried to recruit me, and that resulted in IB as my bodyguard got poisoned. Either way, I'd recommend jailing DY tonight if the game doesn't end with today's lynching.
Major HotShot53

Postby virus90 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:23 am

it sure wont end with the lynch since i believe DY now is maffia aligned.
Major virus90

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:34 am

virus90 wrote:it sure wont end with the lynch since i believe DY now is maffia aligned.

He admitted to being a third party opium recruit.

Anark, can we have the option of allowing DY to live on peacefully smoking his opium, or will we have to lynch him tomorrow?
Major HotShot53

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:05 am

HotShot53 wrote:
virus90 wrote:it sure wont end with the lynch since i believe DY now is maffia aligned.

Anark, can we have the option of allowing DY to live on peacefully smoking his opium, or will we have to lynch him tomorrow?

Hahahahahaha... You guys have at least until tomorrow to figure that out before the number drops to 3 to lynch.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby benga on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:23 am

Ok read some thru, since I see there was a lot cross investigation and if truly DY came out as his claim on N1 when he was investigated by hotshot
and since I am pro town

unvote vote new guy
Sergeant benga

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:

Hahahahahaha... You guys have at least until tomorrow to figure that out before the number drops to 3 to lynch.

Sorry I wasn't very clear... I meant that if we find and lynch jack in day 3, if DY is the only non-town left, can we end the game then rather than going through a night and then lynching DY in day 4?
Major HotShot53

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:32 am

virus90 wrote:first of all your ability might be proven but your allignement is not.

A mafia double-voter is an unbalanced role.

Unless you think I am lying and benga is recruited into the cult, his alignment is proved.
HotShot53 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:

Sorry I wasn't very clear... I meant that if we find and lynch jack in day 3, if DY is the only non-town left, can we end the game then rather than going through a night and then lynching DY in day 4?

That's not the kind of thing a mod would answer. What if I was lying and was actually jack? Would you want the mod to blow my cover? I am third-party which means I just have to live to the end. If we kill Jack (or mafia) then I win too.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 am

benga wrote:Ok read some thru, since I see there was a lot cross investigation and if truly DY came out as his claim on N1 when he was investigated by hotshot
and since I am pro town

unvote vote new guy

I never investigated DY... I only said he admitted being an opium addict before I revealed the information I was given that there was an opium cult, so I don't think there is much doubt about it.

Why would you vote new guy? He was in jail last night, so he couldn't have been responsible for any of the kills/poisoning.
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:40 am

HotShot53 wrote:So it was really Dr. Watson who you tracked to DY's. And yes, you are correct that virus is Dr. Watson.

It's good to no longer have to pretend I didn't know that Virus was Dr. Watson. So this would mean that Neb is telling the truth. Alright the way I see it there are a few options.

1. Both Benga and New guy are scum.
a. Benga is jack and has an extra vote to make him more powerful
b. New Guy is the poisoner (George Chapman).

2. There is only one scum and that is Jack as the poisoner and the killer.
a. New guy is the killer. (I don't consider Benga relevant in this situation because simply having a poisoner ability, a kill ability and an extra vote late game even if the poison is one shot, seems OP).

All the other option (doom is the poisoner or Hotshot's investigations aren't fool proof and we have to leave Nag and Kratos on the list) don't seem very plausible. Under these conditions I am still more in favor of lynching new guy first because he seems almost guaranteed to be scum by the process of elimination. Benga could be scum but the chances aren't as great as with New guy.

As Doom says, the mod isn't going to confirm if Doom is an opium addict and/or whether we have to kill him. Since Doomyoshi claimed that, he also definitely won't answer whether the remaining cultists are still dangerous.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:42 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
virus90 wrote:first of all your ability might be proven but your allignement is not.

A mafia double-voter is an unbalanced role.

Unless you think I am lying and benga is recruited into the cult, his alignment is proved.
HotShot53 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:

That's not the kind of thing a mod would answer. What if I was lying and was actually jack? Would you want the mod to blow my cover? I am third-party which means I just have to live to the end. If we kill Jack (or mafia) then I win too.

Ok, if you are a survivor rather than an anti-town, then that answers my question.

How has benga's alignment been proven? As virus said, his ability is proven, not his alignment. In a game with all power roles, I don't think jack as a double voter is overpowered. It doesn't look there is a traditional "mafia", just three individual scum, unless there is another one hiding somewhere.
Major HotShot53

Postby benga on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:43 am

HotShot53 wrote:
benga wrote:Ok read some thru, since I see there was a lot cross investigation and if truly DY came out as his claim on N1 when he was investigated by hotshot
and since I am pro town

unvote vote new guy

I never investigated DY... I only said he admitted being an opium addict before I revealed the information I was given that there was an opium cult, so I don't think there is much doubt about it.

Why would you vote new guy? He was in jail last night, so he couldn't have been responsible for any of the kills/poisoning.

grrr sorry guess I was out of this game too much... :oops:

unvote for now

something here doesn't add up...

need to go now, will have more time later
Sergeant benga

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:45 am

Double voter is over powered in most cases for mafia to have but it does happen especially when the rest of mafia is under powered. It's a bit different when you are a serial killer, it's still a really powerful ability for them to have but a Serial killer tends to have the most difficult role to win as in any given game so giving them a very powerful ability is not out of the question.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:46 am

strike wolf wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:So it was really Dr. Watson who you tracked to DY's. And yes, you are correct that virus is Dr. Watson.

It's good to no longer have to pretend I didn't know that Virus was Dr. Watson. So this would mean that Neb is telling the truth. Alright the way I see it there are a few options.

1. Both Benga and New guy are scum.
a. Benga is jack and has an extra vote to make him more powerful
b. New Guy is the poisoner (George Chapman).

2. There is only one scum and that is Jack as the poisoner and the killer.
a. New guy is the killer. (I don't consider Benga relevant in this situation because simply having a poisoner ability, a kill ability and an extra vote late game even if the poison is one shot, seems OP).

All the other option (doom is the poisoner or Hotshot's investigations aren't fool proof and we have to leave Nag and Kratos on the list) don't seem very plausible. Under these conditions I am still more in favor of lynching new guy first because he seems almost guaranteed to be scum by the process of elimination. Benga could be scum but the chances aren't as great as with New guy.

As Doom says, the mod isn't going to confirm if Doom is an opium addict and/or whether we have to kill him. Since Doomyoshi claimed that, he also definitely won't answer whether the remaining cultists are still dangerous.

As New Guy was in jail last night, I don't think he can be either the killer or the poisoner.
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:49 am

I forgot about that. Under that logic, I have to assume that either Nag or Kratos are immune to your investigation and/or were busdriven. That or New guy's ability is unblockable.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:56 am

I suppose I shouldn't rule out Doomyoshi being the poisoner but it seems kind of a broken or at least difficult to manage mechanic that players who join the cult gain different abilities.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:57 am

strike wolf wrote:I forgot about that. Under that logic, I have to assume that either Nag or Kratos are immune to your investigation and/or were busdriven. That or New guy's ability is unblockable.

Why is that your conclusion? My role said that my investigations would always be accurate... so unless I was given incorrect info by the mod in my role or results, nag and kratos are town. Unless nag is a busdriver, there is no-one left to claim that role.

My best theory at the moment is that benga is jack, and that IB was poisoned while being my bodyguard and gregwolf tried to recruit me, and instead poisoned IB.
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:02 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I forgot about that. Under that logic, I have to assume that either Nag or Kratos are immune to your investigation and/or were busdriven. That or New guy's ability is unblockable.

Why is that your conclusion? My role said that my investigations would always be accurate... so unless I was given incorrect info by the mod in my role or results, nag and kratos are town. Unless nag is a busdriver, there is no-one left to claim that role.

My best theory at the moment is that benga is jack, and that IB was poisoned while being my bodyguard and gregwolf tried to recruit me, and instead poisoned IB.

That's another thing. It doesn't make sense for a cult recruitment to effect the body guard let alone cause him to be poisoned by it. If he was hit by it he should be recruited. To be honest, even my theory about cult trying to recruit you last night leading to you knowing about it doesn't make sense if you and virus switch places.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby virus90 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:47 pm

as said killing moriaty gave us a bonus, (well sherlock, but since we are masons we share these kind of things)
i think since town was doing alright the bonus was not that big, it meant we got told that there is a cult. Maybe if town was losing it would have been bigger.
anyway. that is how we knew about cult
Major virus90

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:51 pm

So much confusion! Well done anark...

Well, in light of nagerous going absent, I would either vote for him or doom. We can guess all we want about actions, but we know for sure that doom is cult. I'd rather kill him and see what results we get tonight.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives