Conquer Club

One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Town wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: One night ultimate werewolf round 2 - Day phase

Postby madmitch on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:49 am

I agree, the lad has no patience :)
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:02 am

I don't see the point of joke voting stage though, when votes here do not count towards the final vote count. As Hotshot said himself at one point everyone will claim so we can start claiming soon. The problem with claiming is if someone role/alignment got changed so even telling the truth while claiming can be a lie.
Captain dakky21

Postby BuJaber on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:11 pm

Robber robber in the light, who did you steal from in the night?
Major BuJaber

Postby Ragian on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:44 pm

So if everyone claims and everyone knows that someone's role has changed, but not whose, does that not defeat the purpose of claiming? Well, the more information the better, but the information seems fiddly at best.
Captain Ragian

Postby dakky21 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Ragian wrote:So if everyone claims and everyone knows that someone's role has changed, but not whose, does that not defeat the purpose of claiming? Well, the more information the better, but the information seems fiddly at best.

I will know if one particular person is lying or got role changed. All people need to post at least something, while the roles/alignments will be deducted from the information we get.
Captain dakky21

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Ok. We start.

Joke vote not necessary nor needed.Bare with me as I think out loud.

1) voting for a player based on who we think is "scummiest" seems reckless as werewolf side could hammer for win if not town not vigilant and careful

2) We obviously want to eliminate guessing as much as possible and to do that we need information and as some have suggested claiming is the best option. Werewolves will lie as well as Tanner.

I am Town Insomniac.I have no abilities though my alignment and role could have changed during the night. My role and alignment did not change but obviously if it did I would lie if I was anti Town, suffice to say I am but one piece of this gaming puzzle.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby madmitch on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:59 pm

can't help with anything.
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:32 am

dakky21 wrote:
Ragian wrote:So if everyone claims and everyone knows that someone's role has changed, but not whose, does that not defeat the purpose of claiming? Well, the more information the better, but the information seems fiddly at best.

I will know if one particular person is lying or got role changed. All people need to post at least something, while the roles/alignments will be deducted from the information we get.

That's good stuff. If we can trust you ;)

I guess one is informed if one's role is changed, yes? I haven't received any information. Does that mean I'm still a villager?
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:02 am

So Dakky is saying he is a witch or seer, unless his role got changed and he doesn't know it, :D
Cadet madmitch

Postby Marashu on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:16 am

madmitch wrote:So Dakky is saying he is a witch or seer, unless his role got changed and he doesn't know it, :D

He's saying he WAS a witch or seer. Even if his role got changed, he still has the information from before when it got changed, which is valuable.

Ragian wrote:I guess one is informed if one's role is changed, yes? I haven't received any information. Does that mean I'm still a villager?

Only the insomniac is informed if their role is changed. If IB is telling the truth, then IB's the only one who would know whether their role is changed or not.

Iron Butterfly wrote:1) voting for a player based on who we think is "scummiest" seems reckless as werewolf side could hammer for win if not town not vigilant and careful

2) We obviously want to eliminate guessing as much as possible and to do that we need information and as some have suggested claiming is the best option. Werewolves will lie as well as Tanner.

1) Also dangerous if town tries gambits to catch werewolves. On the other hand, though, how should we proceed with reads? Listing our picks for who is scummiest helps figure out who's town and who isn't.
2) So are you calling for an early claim to eliminate said guessing?
Major Marashu

Postby BuJaber on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:46 am

First of all, there's no 'hammering' since everyone will pm their actual final votes to hotshot at the same time.

As Marashu has said, only the insomniac knows for sure if they have been switched or not. Also, with the current roles, troublemaker will also always be town. (Either they are not switched or the robber has switched with them, in which case they are still aligned with town). In addition to this, the troublemaker is able to swap the cards of 2 people, so it is a very powerful role. That said, the troublemaker may choose to lie but they should eventually tell the truth when they think the time is right. (Since they know for sure that they are town, their information will definitely help town). Assuming of course that the troublemaker card actually belongs to someone and it isn't just in the center.

Apart from townies who get switched without them knowing, werewolves, tanner, minion, robber who stole werewolf/tanner/minion, are all gonna be lying. Tanner in particular is pretty funky..

There are no particular winning strategies because every game is different.. and the games are meant to be quick and fun.

I reckon we should start with robber. If nobody is claiming it then it might be in the center or they may have robbed a werewolf. Also things like insomniac and villager are good claims since they have little or no info but we know that they at least used to be town.

Initial read: IB is in fact the insomniac. And he probably wasn't switched. Not likely he will boldly claim like that when he could get proven wrong by potential robber/troublemaker/real insomniac.
Major BuJaber

Postby dakky21 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:05 am

I believe IB is insomniac but he could have changed his role during the role change. The thing is, I am (or was?) the Seer and I checked him N0. It came up as Insomniac and I hoped he would claim something else than Insomniac so I can bust him. So... if he wasn't switched, then he is telling the truth. If he was switched, he has a pretty powerful role...
Captain dakky21

Postby BuJaber on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:28 am

No the insomniac checks their card last (after all switches have already occurred). So he was and still is the insomniac is what he's claiming, and you just confirmed it. He didn't get switched.
Major BuJaber

Postby dakky21 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:47 am

BuJaber wrote:No the insomniac checks their card last (after all switches have already occurred). So he was and still is the insomniac is what he's claiming, and you just confirmed it. He didn't get switched.

That makes sense.
Then it only confirms him. We don't know if my role changed. Anyway, I expect a mass claim soon...
Captain dakky21

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:47 pm

Dakky, I find it awfully convenient that you confirm the only claimed role. Why didn't you look at the middle pile when that is obviously the superior tactic?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby madmitch on Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:01 pm

as a seer you should have seen that remark coming Dakky, :lol: cackling :lol:
Cadet madmitch

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:04 pm

dakky21 wrote:I believe IB is insomniac but he could have changed his role during the role change. The thing is, I am (or was?) the Seer and I checked him N0. It came up as Insomniac and I hoped he would claim something else than Insomniac so I can bust him. So... if he wasn't switched, then he is telling the truth. If he was switched, he has a pretty powerful role...

Catching someone in a lie does not prove to anyone else who you are or that you are telling the truth. You may know you busted scum but no one else will know other then because "You say so."

While hindsite is 20/20, it would have been more prudent to wait to claim in your case as liars would be made to think twice before claiming. You have now removed that fear IF you are being truthful.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby dakky21 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:39 pm

madmitch wrote:as a seer you should have seen that remark coming Dakky, :lol: cackling :lol:

It's so obvious you're the werewolf... or tanner. Must probably tanner.

@ IB ... in this game being truthful means nothing as I can say the truth but could have another role which I am not introduced to. I am Seer but maybe I'm a werewolf now, I don't know that.
Captain dakky21

Postby BuJaber on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:13 pm

Okay nothing interesting so far.

I suggest people start claiming or if you don't want to claim just state who you will vote for. This has to happen to move the game forward.. claims and discussion.

If nothing changes I will vote for Fallo.
Major BuJaber

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:32 am

Marashu wrote:
madmitch wrote:So Dakky is saying he is a witch or seer, unless his role got changed and he doesn't know it, :D

He's saying he WAS a witch or seer. Even if his role got changed, he still has the information from before when it got changed, which is valuable.

Ragian wrote:I guess one is informed if one's role is changed, yes? I haven't received any information. Does that mean I'm still a villager?

Only the insomniac is informed if their role is changed. If IB is telling the truth, then IB's the only one who would know whether their role is changed or not.

Iron Butterfly wrote:1) voting for a player based on who we think is "scummiest" seems reckless as werewolf side could hammer for win if not town not vigilant and careful

1) Also dangerous if town tries gambits to catch werewolves. On the other hand, though, how should we proceed with reads? Listing our picks for who is scummiest helps figure out who's town and who isn't.
2) So are you calling for an early claim to eliminate said guessing?

1) I was talking in regards to how I am used to playing. I overlooked that we send in our vote and not post it. Obviously we base our votes based on our perceived judgment.
20 Well duh...otherwise we are strictly voting on meta or plain out guessing. Everyone needs to claim to figure out logically who would be the best vote.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Falkomagno on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:57 am

BuJaber wrote:Okay nothing interesting so far.

I suggest people start claiming or if you don't want to claim just state who you will vote for. This has to happen to move the game forward.. claims and discussion.

Why is that?
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby dakky21 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:26 am

Falkomagno wrote:
BuJaber wrote:Okay nothing interesting so far.

Why is that?

I agree with BuJ on you... you didn't made one post of substance since the game start, looks like you're hiding. You probably aren't tanner as you'd probably talk a lot more to get yourself lynched.
Captain dakky21

Postby BuJaber on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:33 am

Falkomagno wrote:
Why is that?

Because until someone claims troublemaker, I will go with the assumption that people more or less have their original role. I am almost certain that IB is inso and therefore town. I choose to believe dakky though of course less certain about him.

Honestly, I put the remaining players (excluding me) in random.org and your name came up. Again, if we assume there are 2 werewolves remaining, that's a 40% chance I'm right. Like I said until more claims come forward, it's a guessing game.

Also sorry, just realized it's Falko not Fallo.

Look, I'm sure everyone is just a little scared that their role has changed. That's why nobody is claiming. May the troublemaker please come forward. Then we will determine if they are lying or not. If nobody claims troublemaker after say 48 hours we'll just go ahead and assume that role is not in play.
Major BuJaber

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:41 am

So BuJaber using random.org makes sense to me. Dakky jumping on it seems a bit desperate.

Dakky: can you explain why you think madmitch is scum? I'm sorry if it seems like I am picking on you, but almost all the substance posts have been by you.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby dakky21 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:52 am

DoomYoshi wrote:So BuJaber using random.org makes sense to me. Dakky jumping on it seems a bit desperate.

Dakky: can you explain why you think madmitch is scum? I'm sorry if it seems like I am picking on you, but almost all the substance posts have been by you.

Same as Falko. Not a single substance post, mitch likes to do it when he is scum. He was scum in last few games so it's just meta. Falko isn't posting as well so for now they're my top suspects.
Captain dakky21

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives