Conquer Club

The Thing TOWN WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Thing Day 4

Postby degaston on Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:28 pm

Ragian wrote:I've tried one game, yes. It was like this one on The New Crusade forum.

And once the leader was killed, that was the end of the game?
Brigadier degaston

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:50 am

Well Deg I am gonna put it this way.

I am town. So the next is also win win for me 100%

If the people decide no lynch and you are vig and flame votanic we win.

If we lynch vot. Flame Rag. You also gotta trust me I am town, same as I gotta trust you if you are still vig.

But I really dont want to be played here so:

lynch Votanic
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:17 am

Slow down and unvote Traf. I want my answer from DDS before we end the day.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:37 am

degaston wrote:
Ragian wrote:I've tried one game, yes. It was like this one on The New Crusade forum.

And once the leader was killed, that was the end of the game?

We had to find all cult members first.
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:39 am

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Well Deg I am gonna put it this way.

I am town. So the next is also win win for me 100%

If the people decide no lynch and you are vig and flame votanic we win.

If we lynch vot. Flame Rag. You also gotta trust me I am town, same as I gotta trust you if you are still vig.

But I really dont want to be played here so:

lynch Votanic

unvote

I basically agree with this except that I'm town. However, if you do flame me, I'll win as town, so by all means. Just don't get the wrong colour and the fear of being flamed.

I'm unvoting for Strike's sake.
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:40 am

unvote
Great. Here I'mhhassling Traf for using the wrong colour :roll:
Captain Ragian

Postby degaston on Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:09 am

Ragian wrote:We had to find all cult members first.
Was there any difficulty in that?
i.e. Did town have an investigation, and cult had no killing power?

Ragian wrote:I basically agree with this except that I'm town. However, if you do flame me, I'll win as town, so by all means.
If you're town and the recruiting power transfers, then if I flame you, cult will win and you'll lose with town. (Unless they recruit you)
Brigadier degaston

Postby degaston on Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:26 am

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:If we lynch vot. Flame Rag. You also gotta trust me I am town, same as I gotta trust you if you are still vig.
I have zero evidence that you are town, but you do have evidence that I was not recruited.
When Charle was recruited, we got a DDS message about the FT. There was no message like that today.
I stated that my role did not say I was a backup vig, so it's reasonable to assume that any vanilla townie could become the vig.
There is no reason to think that we are "out of backup vigs".
Assuming that Vot would recruit me when he knew it was likely to be immediately exposed is ridiculous.
If he recruited me, and DDS posted a message about the FT being lost and found again, then it would be simple for town to lynch Vot and vig me.
As it is, I know he recruited you or Rag, but I don't know which one.
Brigadier degaston

Postby degaston on Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:19 am

@Strike and the other townie.

Here's another interesting wrinkle for you to think about...
If you lynch Vot, and the recruiting power does transfer, who will the replacement vig recruit?

If Traf is the new leader, and he recruits Rag (or vice-versa), then it won't matter which of them I vig because I either get the leader or the new recruit, then tomorrow Strike and I can lynch the other one.

So it might make sense for the new leader to recruit Strike, but now that I've posted this, that would be risky too, because I might choose to vig Strike so that he can't be recruited.
The one player that they know I won't vig is myself, so I'm the obvious recruit for tonight.
If I guess right and get the new leader then the recruit fails and I win with town.
If I guess wrong, then I'm recruited and I win with the cult.
If the recruitment power doesn't transfer, then town wins anyway.

So townies, it's up to you to choose your fate.
If you use your brain, you should know that I wasn't recruited.
If you think I've been recruited and your best option is to lynch Vot, then go right ahead. I think I win either way.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Ragian on Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:53 am

degaston wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:If we lynch vot. Flame Rag. You also gotta trust me I am town, same as I gotta trust you if you are still vig.
I have zero evidence that you are town, but you do have evidence that I was not recruited.
When Charle was recruited, we got a DDS message about the FT. There was no message like that today.
I stated that my role did not say I was a backup vig, so it's reasonable to assume that any vanilla townie could become the vig.
There is no reason to think that we are "out of backup vigs".
Assuming that Vot would recruit me when he knew it was likely to be immediately exposed is ridiculous.
If he recruited me, and DDS posted a message about the FT being lost and found again, then it would be simple for town to lynch Vot and vig me.
As it is, I know he recruited you or Rag, but I don't know which one.

That evidence is circumstantial at best. That one scene had info in it doesn't mean that all scenes will have info in them. I haven't been told anything apart from that one time. We can't tell if you weren't recruited or there are just no more backup vigs. We have to take your word for it the same way that you have to take our words for it. All I know is that I'm town and that Strike is town. I also know that Votanic is the recruiter (and I'm currently preparing my "I told you so" dance), and that either of Traf and you (Dega) is the converted of N3.

So I'm back to looking at people's play (you know...like the way I found Votanic), and right now only you are voting alongside The Thing.
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:21 am

The Thing game in the old TNC forum.
Captain Ragian

Postby degaston on Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:39 am

I'll give Traf and Strike a chance to respond, and then I'll switch my vote to lynch and see if anybody prefers to join me then. There's nothing else to be learned today.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Ragian on Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:54 am

So...you're switching again even though you actually want to no lynch?
Captain Ragian

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:48 am

Unvote in red whatever I did

Well Deg if the powers transfer and Vot recruited you and we are out of vigs we have lost this anyway not matter what we do.

If the powers do transfer and you are vig. well thats why you gotta flame if you get it wrong we lost, but if the powers does not transfer even if u get it wrong we won. Not lynching the thing cause there was not the same scene as the day before its not enough for me. As I said there could be many things like running out of vigs or whatever.

so this time in the right color

Lynch Votanic
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby degaston on Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:19 am

Ragian wrote:So...you're switching again even though you actually want to no lynch?

I think I win no matter what we do.

If we lynch Vot, and the power doesn't transfer, then we'll eliminate the last thing by tomorrow no matter who I vig.
(Example: If you're town and I vig Strike, then tomorrow you and I will BT and lynch Traf.)

If we lynch Vot and the power does transfer to you or Traf (whichever one is the Thing), then I am the only safe recruit, so I'll either vig the last Thing and win with town, or vig the wrong one, get recruited, and win with scum.

Or, as I've explained to exhaustion, we could no-lynch, I'll vig Vot, and tomorrow we BT you or Traf to find the last thing, and I win with town.

Assuming for the moment that you're town, the only way I lose is if we lynch Vot and Traf gets the recruiting power and recruits you or Strike instead of me, and i vig the wrong one. But I've got a 2 out of 3 chance of getting it right (if i hit either the leader or his new recruit then town wins), so it makes sense for me to be the target tonight. I wouldn't vig myself even if I could, because I can win with scum if I'm recruited.
Brigadier degaston

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:10 pm

Looking into it. DDS would not tell me if the vig transfer was a limited thing. This implies that he would not have told Vot. Between that and no mention of the flame thrower in the scene, this would seem to indicate that Dega is unlikely to have been recruited.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby degaston on Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:21 pm

strike wolf wrote:Looking into it. DDS would not tell me if the vig transfer was a limited thing. This implies that he would not have told Vot. Between that and no mention of the flame thrower in the scene, this would seem to indicate that Dega is unlikely to have been recruited.

So do you want to make a decision?
I'll go along with whatever you prefer.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Ragian on Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:41 pm

degaston wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Looking into it. DDS would not tell me if the vig transfer was a limited thing. This implies that he would not have told Vot. Between that and no mention of the flame thrower in the scene, this would seem to indicate that Dega is unlikely to have been recruited.

So do you want to make a decision?
I'll go along with whatever you prefer.

Agreed.
Captain Ragian

Postby degaston on Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:46 pm

Unvote

Waiting for Strike
Brigadier degaston

Postby Votanic on Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:05 pm

George again.
I've been trying to focus on my meteorlogy work, but I must admit my thoughts are preoccupied with this crazed 'witch hunt' mentality that has swept the base in recent days.

Just exactly how sadistic is this pervy lynch/vig snuff-out fantasy going to be anyway?
Are you at least going to be compassionate enough to numb me up with narcotics and painkillers first?
...which should work great considering my completely human physiology?

@DDS, any possibility that I could send a sled dog over to the next nearest base camp to get some emergency help for this outbreak of delusional paranoia?
Captain Votanic

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:54 pm

Vote Vot

I don't see this day ending in anything other than the recruiter lynch. I think this also accounts for the slim possibility of Dega being the recruit better. Vig Traf. Ragian seems consistent with a miffed townie who's been proven right finally. Traf doesn't seem that scummy but not as townie as Rage. Plus, I think he's a more likely person for Vot to target than Ragian.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:02 pm

strike wolf wrote:Vote Vot

I don't see this day ending in anything other than the recruiter lynch. I think this also accounts for the slim possibility of Dega being the recruit better. Vig Traf. Ragian seems consistent with a miffed townie who's been proven right finally. Traf doesn't seem that scummy but not as townie as Rage. Plus, I think he's a more likely person for Vot to target than Ragian.

I actually like the Irony of Vot recruiting Rag the last day. But yeah I'm fine with whatever. I just don't see us not lynching the Thing
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby degaston on Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:02 pm

strike wolf wrote:Vote Vot

Fine, except I may not vig Traf. If you're wrong and Rag is the recruit, then he could recruit you, and scum would win and I'd lose. I may choose my own, or I may pick randomly between the 3 of you.

Do you still want me to lynch Vot?
Brigadier degaston

Postby Votanic on Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:05 pm

No.
Captain Votanic

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:17 pm

If you want to vig Rage instead then I wouldn't hold it against you. Vigging me or not vigging only helps cult. So are you saying you're willing to act against your current alignment to hope for a possibly non-existent chance you'd get recruited and win with cult?

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives